Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 ... 166
Author Topic: [Official] Project M discussion: RIP  (Read 734289 times)
SnicksPG
Newbie Kitten

ROY'S OUR BOY

View Profile Awards
« Reply #420 on: September 19, 2013, 09:49:32 PM »

Clone Engine, jebus

Any chance of Roy working on the WiFi version of P:M?

K+ ~ Tanuki God
Extreme Kitten

Back with a Boyfriend~

View Profile Awards
« Reply #421 on: September 20, 2013, 06:39:12 AM »

More than likely.  The PM-playing community would be in an uproar if something that worked offline and majorly affected play didn't work online.

Currently Waiting For:
Super Smash Bros. 4
A Link Between Worlds
Super Mario 3D World
Mario Kart 8
Zelda U

DTST
Lol Kitten

Please don't be femtwo

• Awards Featured Hot Topic Dedicated Hacker 128-bit Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #422 on: September 20, 2013, 09:01:34 AM »

Finally I can keep Ike and Marth while having my boy Roy.

Click here to find out how to be the best PSA maker in the universe.

Miacis
    Ex-admin
    Special Access

• Awards Ceiling Cat 128-bit Core Gamer Featured 64-bit Core Gamer

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #423 on: September 20, 2013, 01:21:59 PM »

I'm going to guess it was a happy mistake that some of the code already in the PM framework just happened to be key components in getting the clone engine to work, as well as some of the other things like character modules and CSS stuff (like the way Zelda/Shiek and the Pokémon are separated).

Buuuut that's a guess, just based on how I read nano's post and what I've seen in PM.
    Then they could just release it with the part that somehow happens to work with it? Call it the "Clone Engine + Separated Pokemon" code or whatevs. I doubt people would really mind.
    Unless they somehow managed to weave the CE into the very fabric of P:M, so that there is absolutely no way to have the CE without P:M. But then, even my limited knowledge of Gecko codes tells me that we'd be exiting out of the "happy mistake" domain and entering that of witchcraft. Tongue

(Also, that is correct. Glad to see a fellow fan of his/her art.)
    « Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 01:26:35 PM by Miacis » Logged

Round and round the signature goes ~
    ~ where it stops, nobody knows.

Kage Ryu
    Supreme Kitten

The Infrequent Modder

• Awards Heart Container Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #424 on: September 20, 2013, 06:33:06 PM »

Then they could just release it with the part that somehow happens to work with it? Call it the "Clone Engine + Separated Pokemon" code or whatevs. I doubt people would really mind.
    Unless they somehow managed to weave the CE into the very fabric of P:M, so that there is absolutely no way to have the CE without P:M. But then, even my limited knowledge of Gecko codes tells me that we'd be exiting out of the "happy mistake" domain and entering that of witchcraft. Tongue

(Also, that is correct. Glad to see a fellow fan of his/her art.)
    Possibly? Part of my guessing at their reasoning behind it being so integral to PM is just looking at PM's GCT through Mewtwo's GCT Analyzer. It's just one huge chunk of over 4500 lines of code (whereas, say, Brawl Minus's code is broken up into sections that detail most of what goes on). I can only guess that the PMBR either has their own little tools that make it easier, use a common tool I am unaware of, or they have extreme coders that can read hexadecimal as well as Neo reads the matrix. And woven into the fibers of that impenetrable wall of numbers and letters are parts of the clone engine that could break or not work well if not stabilized by the other patches in the quilt. Or maybe the coders just don't want to release certain parts of their work, since it would probably ultimately be up to the coders themselves whether or not that gets released rather than the whole of PMBR.

But again, take that all with a grain of salt. This is speculation from someone whose knowledge of GCT code is limited to frankensteining other people's hexadecimal paragraphs and hoping to make a cohesive story out of it. I can't even put a PM Fox in a non-PM codeset without him t-posing or freezing because I don't know what they did to make him tick, let alone grasp this whole clone-engine thing.

Also, did I use enough metaphors? 8D

nanobuds
    Overlord Kitten

• Awards Former PMDT Sniper Diamond in the Rough >9000

« Reply #425 on: September 20, 2013, 07:23:28 PM »

PM Movesets require their .rels and codes in order to work.

Sirkura
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Featured Star Hacker Super Saiyan Topic >9000

« Reply #426 on: September 21, 2013, 01:12:13 AM »

Possibly? Part of my guessing at their reasoning behind it being so integral to PM is just looking at PM's GCT through Mewtwo's GCT Analyzer. It's just one huge chunk of over 4500 lines of code (whereas, say, Brawl Minus's code is broken up into sections that detail most of what goes on). I can only guess that the PMBR either has their own little tools that make it easier, use a common tool I am unaware of, or they have extreme coders that can read hexadecimal as well as Neo reads the matrix. And woven into the fibers of that impenetrable wall of numbers and letters are parts of the clone engine that could break or not work well if not stabilized by the other patches in the quilt. Or maybe the coders just don't want to release certain parts of their work, since it would probably ultimately be up to the coders themselves whether or not that gets released rather than the whole of PMBR.

But again, take that all with a grain of salt. This is speculation from someone whose knowledge of GCT code is limited to frankensteining other people's hexadecimal paragraphs and hoping to make a cohesive story out of it. I can't even put a PM Fox in a non-PM codeset without him t-posing or freezing because I don't know what they did to make him tick, let alone grasp this whole clone-engine thing.

Also, did I use enough metaphors? 8D
    lol it actually just looked like most of the codes were unknown. has anyone tried matching known codes to that wall of text? (click edit, copy the code your looking for, find) i know dusty decompiled some of the codes that way but not all of them, theres obviously ones that won't be known till the coders want them to be. mewtwos gct analyzer or gct editor just condenses all the codes it can't read into a single paragraph. even the simple codes like stock modifier can sometimes toss it off balance because everyone can add different values to get different results.

MegaMurg
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #427 on: September 21, 2013, 10:39:54 AM »

I was wondering, has anyone done any custom Character select screens for brawl? And with this new clone engine does that mean essentially any character could be made and not have to take the place of an existing character?  Also how does the clone engine work? Say I wanted to put a psa over a character that they add via the clone engine like roy, would I just add the psa over his files like I have before or will I have to go through a different process?
    « Last Edit: September 21, 2013, 10:50:22 AM by MegaMurg » Logged

nanobuds
    Overlord Kitten

« Reply #428 on: September 21, 2013, 11:11:58 AM »

It will be the same as modding other characters. The files will be named FitRoyXX if you put skins over our CE Roy.

MegaMurg
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #429 on: September 21, 2013, 11:16:46 AM »

It will be the same as modding other characters. The files will be named FitRoyXX if you put skins over our CE Roy.

Is there anyway I could go about adding additional copies of characters to puts psa's over them? I use Scott Pilgrim over Lucas, is it possible for me to add another lucas then add Scott over Lucas i added so I can have both?

nanobuds
    Overlord Kitten

« Reply #430 on: September 21, 2013, 11:40:48 AM »

Yes. Thats the point of the Clone Engine.

PseudoTypical
    Extreme Kitten

Browsin' internetz

• Awards Ninja

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #431 on: September 21, 2013, 11:43:26 AM »

Yes. Thats the point of the Clone Engine.
    I think what means is to ask is whether or not this is possible to do over the guys P:M is putting in. Like, putting in a Sephiroth PSA over Roy, for example, with SFX and all.

Kage Ryu
    Supreme Kitten

The Infrequent Modder

• Awards Heart Container Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #432 on: September 21, 2013, 11:44:37 AM »

PM Movesets require their .rels and codes in order to work.
    Exactly. I can, say, put PM Fox's fighter files and his .rel in whatever build I have, but that only goes so far without knowing the codes in the GCT that smooth out the kinks.

nanobuds
    Overlord Kitten

« Reply #433 on: September 21, 2013, 12:55:31 PM »

I think what means is to ask is whether or not this is possible to do over the guys P:M is putting in. Like, putting in a Sephiroth PSA over Roy, for example, with SFX and all.

Yes. You can use PSAs and any file for the character that's cloned

PseudoTypical
    Extreme Kitten

Browsin' internetz

• Awards Ninja

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #434 on: September 21, 2013, 01:01:55 PM »

Yes. You can use PSAs and any file for the character that's cloned
    Huh. I honestly didn't expect it to be that easy. My guess is that porting is going to get a lot more common...

Pages:  1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 ... 166
    Print
    Jump to: