Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 93 94 95 [96] 97 98 99 ... 166
Author Topic: [Official] Project M discussion: RIP  (Read 728510 times)
BlueBrain
God Kitten

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Super Saiyan Topic >9000 Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1425 on: December 16, 2013, 08:00:54 AM »

btw, i've never been a tec-expert in melee, all i could do was wave dash with fox, never even mastered the down-B wavedash combo, so i was thinking, could anyone that is good at P:M teching make some basic guides for semi-noobs like me to adapt to the game, i've been maining ganondorf ever since 3.0 came out, and well, i only just figured out the timing for a wave dash...

so yeah, any pro-tips?

oh, and miacis, really, the point of P:M was to attract tourneyheads in the first place, those are priority number one, but while they were at it, they probably though, "hey, let's do some original stuff here and there that maybe some people might be happy with", and thus they took NEWCOMERs and made them even newer, so that indeed, casual players (not even the main target) would found it interesting to play with these characters, while tourneyheads still have their favourite characters in there. While i'd like to see a de-cloned falco probably as much as you, i do understand their point, tourneyheads had a couple of mains in melee, so they just gave them those as they were, and balanced the rest of the cast around that tier.

_Data_Drain_
    Master of the Dark Matter
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards 2012 SSBB Tournament Runner-Up Fiery Topic Good Citizen Ceiling Cat

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #1426 on: December 16, 2013, 08:01:15 AM »

It isn't because it's just you being a snarky smartass and trying to force a tired discussion that nobody wants to discuss.  You know Miacis for an admin (and having been one for so long) your complete lack of any sort of professionalism is laughable
    I'm finding this statement ironic for some reason...

3DS FC: 1762-2823-8581

Wii-U ID: Data-Drain Mii Name: Jiro

SMM Stages: https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/Data-Drain

♤♡◇♧
    The Corrupted
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Pin Collector Active Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1427 on: December 16, 2013, 08:03:57 AM »

As if your contribution to this thread has been all that great Miacis.

It's like Silentdoom said, the only thing you're doing here is force a tired discussion that pretty much everyone has grown wary of, and instead of being professional in your remarks, you're being nothing but a snarky smartass, which I find hilariously pathetic on your part.
    « Last Edit: December 16, 2013, 08:06:24 AM by ds22 » Logged

Velen
    Resident Lucario
    Boss Kitten

Insert totally self gratifying [censored] here. ; )

• Awards Famous Hacker Sniper Heart Container Ceiling Cat

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1428 on: December 16, 2013, 08:07:09 AM »

As if your contribution to this thread has been all that great Miacis.

It's like Silentdoom said, the only thing you're doing here is force a tired discussion that pretty much everyone has grown wary of, and instead of being professional in your remarks, you're being nothing but a snarky smartass, and seeing your status as an admin, the lack of professionalism is hilariously pathetic.

-and you at the PMBR are just the poster boys for professionalism yourselves? Considering your own comments, and past conduct, including a certain incident...

10-4, this reality speaking, you are cleared to land anytime now.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

SiLeNtDo0m
    Suffering from Chronic Backstabbing Disorder
    Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

• Awards Former PMDT Featured Heart Container >9000

« Reply #1429 on: December 16, 2013, 08:12:56 AM »

btw, i've never been a tec-expert in melee, all i could do was wave dash with fox, never even mastered the down-B wavedash combo, so i was thinking, could anyone that is good at P:M teching make some basic guides for semi-noobs like me to adapt to the game, i've been maining ganondorf ever since 3.0 came out, and well, i only just figured out the timing for a wave dash...

so yeah, any pro-tips?

Well wavedash timing is different for each character mainly due to them all having different jump squat times.  There might be a chart of all of them somewhere which I can drop here if I find it.

I think the main thing about the guides is that pretty much all the tech in PM is from both Melee and Brawl already.  However I do agree that guides for PM would still be useful (I personally wouldn't be too good for making them as I'm not all that great at tech skill myself but I can definitely bring the point up).

Eternal Yoshi
    Heroic Kitten

Boss? Is that you?

• Awards KCMM Old Timer Super Saiyan Topic Active Contributor Former PMDT

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1430 on: December 16, 2013, 08:14:44 AM »

so yeah, any pro-tips?

As of this time, there are no videos or anything for guides and advice for PM characters. All I can tell you is the first thing you should try to do is L-Cancel consistently.

There is THIS 2006 video for Melee's ATs and over 80% is relevant and possible for PM, so take this for what you will.
    SSBM: Advanced How To Play tutorial video (Complete)

StarWaffle
    Pretty much Wafflu
    srs kitten

Pretty much amazing

• Awards Star Hacker Featured Good Citizen Renowned Hacker

« Reply #1431 on: December 16, 2013, 08:16:15 AM »

No there probably isn't that many people who will refuse to play anything but 100% melee falco BUT trying to persuade meleeheads into even trying out PM is a hard task to accomplish. If they see that any aspect of their characters have changed I don't think they would take the game seriously enough to pick it up. They'll probably see the game as casual-trash. Making the top ~4 carbon copies will cover a big portion of the meleehead's mains since like 90% of their community (probably) uses the top tiers.

Yeah I think the rest of the cast was made to be enjoyed by both casual and competitive players but they needed means of getting meleeheads to even consider picking up the game. I'd imagine it'd be impossible to sell to them otherwise.

For me it's just a compromise. Sure I'd love to have a cool new falco or some new marth moves but who cares, I get to play solo squirtle with a down special! there's enough new content for me to play the game that I don't mind a few melee clones.

I think getting as many competitive players into PM as possible is a justifiable goal since IMO they are gonna be way more loyal in the long run. I feel a LOT of casuals are just gonna drop PM all together when a new smash bros game comes out (like most casual melee players did when brawl came out) Don't get me wrong I love me some smash64/melee every now and again but Smash4 will be the default.

Gamma Ridley
    ~Mercenary~
    Boss Kitten

• Awards Featured Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Famous Hacker

« Reply #1432 on: December 16, 2013, 08:19:19 AM »

I have just about zero tech skill as well. I've seen that video before and I've tried, but I just lack coordination and reflexes in general, haha.

I'm able to get L-cancelling consistently, though (although I use Z to cancel to avoid throwing up a shield right after), and I've finally managed to get Samus's SWD somewhat consistently, but anything else, like wave dashing/landing, I'm pretty bad at. Oh well.

Eternal Yoshi
    Heroic Kitten

Boss? Is that you?

• Awards KCMM Old Timer Super Saiyan Topic Active Contributor Former PMDT

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1433 on: December 16, 2013, 08:21:32 AM »

Don't get too discouraged. This stuff took about 3 months for me to get it down to the point where it's second nature way back in 2006.

StarWaffle
    Pretty much Wafflu
    srs kitten

Pretty much amazing

• Awards Star Hacker Featured Good Citizen Renowned Hacker

« Reply #1434 on: December 16, 2013, 08:21:48 AM »

I'm probably a bit biased though since I was part of the PM team for awhile but whatever, I'm a smash fan. 64 is fun, Melee is fun, Brawl is fun and PM is fun.

_Data_Drain_
    Master of the Dark Matter
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards 2012 SSBB Tournament Runner-Up Fiery Topic Good Citizen Ceiling Cat

« Reply #1435 on: December 16, 2013, 08:25:47 AM »

Now see, Star. You're one of the better people in P:M.

I like how instead of bashing Miacis, or parroting the bashing. You gave a valid reason for Falco staying the same.

I can understand this reasoning.

3DS FC: 1762-2823-8581

Wii-U ID: Data-Drain Mii Name: Jiro

SMM Stages: https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/Data-Drain

Miacis
    Ex-admin
    Special Access

• Awards Ceiling Cat 128-bit Core Gamer Featured 64-bit Core Gamer

« Reply #1436 on: December 16, 2013, 08:30:41 AM »

@ StarWaffle: That's a lot of good points... I guess I hadn't thought about the strategic difficulty of getting melee tourneyheads into the game in the first place. That reason sure seems to make more sense overall than what I've been given so far.

I just find it kind of a shame that we're losing out on some original content just because it's difficult for people to try and pick up new stuff. Then again, I suppose I'm not much of an example either (Sm4sh looks incredibly dull to me, yet I still need to try it). But yeah, tactically-speaking, it makes way more sense to have it that way.

Thanks for the answer.
    (You should be doing the PMBR's PR more often. You don't insult people or take pages to answer rather simple questions.)
    ^ For anyone out there wondering, that's what it looks like when I'm being a snarky smartass.
    « Last Edit: December 16, 2013, 08:36:57 AM by Miacis » Logged

Round and round the signature goes ~
    ~ where it stops, nobody knows.

Velen
    Resident Lucario
    Boss Kitten

Insert totally self gratifying [censored] here. ; )

• Awards Famous Hacker Sniper Heart Container Ceiling Cat

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1437 on: December 16, 2013, 08:32:27 AM »

I like how instead of bashing Miacis, or parroting the bashing. You gave a valid reason for Falco staying the same.

I agree with this. Very much. Much applause for a constructive response, Star.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

SiLeNtDo0m
    Suffering from Chronic Backstabbing Disorder
    Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

• Awards Former PMDT Featured Heart Container >9000

« Reply #1438 on: December 16, 2013, 08:33:40 AM »

I can understand this reasoning.

I didn't give any reason because I didn't feel the need to and I had already addressed the 'argument' numerous times in the past and felt it was stale.  Halo had said whatever I wanted to say and more.

Albafika
    Anti-Christ
    Administrator

• Awards Epic Restorer Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker PC Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1439 on: December 16, 2013, 08:34:55 AM »

Woah, 3 pages of discussing and arguing for the sake of doing so. Lol

PM was made for the competitive scene, not for the casual players. They want to make Melee players feel they are stepping on known ground when using PM's Falco. Like or or not, it works for people not too involved in the tech side of the game.

EDIT: Waffle ninja'ed me hard.  Im srs here
    « Last Edit: December 16, 2013, 08:42:38 AM by Albafika » Logged

Pages:  1 ... 93 94 95 [96] 97 98 99 ... 166
    Print
    Jump to: