Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: I officially throw these ideas into the public domain  (Read 2097 times)
toastoftriumph
Lol Kitten

(aka Mariofan1138)

• Awards Constructive Hot Topic Heart Container Novice Restorer

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « on: April 22, 2012, 07:40:27 PM »

Hey it's Toastoftriumph (Mariofan1138) here.

First off: this is NOT my personal request thread.
    I've had several creative ideas that I've wanted to do for some time, but I'm unfortunately not too great with keeping on top of my own started projects... and I lack experience in certain fields of hacking.

Anyways, I've decided that if anyone wants to use these ideas, they're welcome to them.

-----
    -Death pose/animation replacing the lose animation (victory screen).
    Pretty much, instead of clapping, characters are lying dead on the ground, maybe with a sword sticking through them if they have one, or whatever. I've debated whether or not they should simply lay there, or fall over as soon as the victory screen pops up... however, whichever approach is up to you if you want to use this idea.
    Additionally, characters don't have to be "dead" per se, so having Ganondorf's leg twisted unnaturally, and him twitching in pain on the ground would work too.

-Sneezing, coughing, (etc) taunts
    I thought it'd be hilarious to make a character sneeze on command during a Brawl match. I don't know what I find appealing about it... it's just so obscure and pointless.

-"coin" foods
    Foods are replaced with health restoring items like coins from the Mario series.

-taunts/other moves that interact with the camera
    For example, Fox shoots at the screen, Snake, during his final smash, shoots over his shoulder while facing the screen, etc.
    I'm not sure if the animation is shared with anything else, but the one when characters smash into the screen would be neat to change to something humorous (a character waves as they fly past, someone claws at the screen trying to grab onto something to avoid falling, or gimmicks involving weird body parts/ accessories hitting the screen, (Mario's hat falls past the screen, with Mario falling a second later), etc).

-top hat (bunny hood)
    A top hat (or any other accessory) replaces the bunny hood item. It'd be even more neat if the item itself was entirely useless; that is, it had no effect on running speed and jumping height.
    ------

Anyways, feel free to comment and critique these ideas. I'd appreciate it if you'd post a comment if you plan to use an idea from here.

Gamma Ridley
    ~Mercenary~
    Boss Kitten

• Awards Featured Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Famous Hacker

« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2012, 08:53:53 PM »

-top hat (bunny hood)

I think I'll go ahead and make this one real quick. Won't be able to change the effects though. /:

« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 09:24:03 PM by Gamma Ridley » Logged

toastoftriumph
    Lol Kitten

(aka Mariofan1138)

• Awards Constructive Hot Topic Heart Container Novice Restorer

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2012, 09:37:34 PM »

looks pretty sweet I must say.
    Do you know anything about the animations for the bunny hood? I assume they're in the common5.pac?
    In some sense, I'm surprised no one's ever edited them or anything. I'll have to think of some ideas for that if it's possible.

Solar99
    Lol Kitten

It's showtime

• Awards 128-bit Hardcore Gamer Heart Container Warm Welcomer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: April 26, 2012, 09:40:27 PM »

I think I'll go ahead and make this one real quick. Won't be able to change the effects though. /:

Funny. I've been looking for a top hat model for a while now.
    « Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 09:47:56 PM by Solar99 » Logged

Gamma Ridley
    ~Mercenary~
    Boss Kitten

• Awards Featured Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Famous Hacker

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2012, 09:45:30 PM »

Yeah, the bunny hood is really... weird. The ears aren't actually rigged to the bones, I'm guessing they move using the physics engine thingy entirely. There are no animations at all.

I've tried making it fit properly over every character, but it's a bi tougher than I thought. None of the changes I make seem to show up. /:

I'll look into it a bit more.

Mareeo 64
    Holy Kitten

Welp 0_o

• Awards Heart Container

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2012, 06:14:37 PM »

These are great ideas! These would give Brawl humor, making it so much more enjoyable!

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: