Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Ice Stage  (Read 4305 times)
Nucleotyde
Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
« on: April 23, 2012, 11:09:36 PM »

Sorry about the crappy title, but I knew if I called it "Nucleotyde's Stages," I'd end up only making one. If I get some more finished, I'll make a better thread.

So, I started getting into stage hacking recently, and made this one out of pieces of some other stages. I don't want to formally release it to the vault just yet, but I'd still like to get people to playtest it some and see how it feels.

The stage is designed to be a neutral stage with a mostly flat main platform. It has an icy platform on either end, and a moving cloud platform just above them. The main platform is fairly large (slightly bigger than the Castle Siege platform), but I don't think it's big enough to be an issue. While the stage itself is not slick, the two platforms on the ends are. My hope is that having just a little ice will have an effect on gameplay without making ice the focus of the entire match.

There are a couple of known issues with the stage right now, but nothing major:

1. There is a small area at the bottom of the stage that you can fly up through under the right conditions. I've had a lot of trouble recreating it, but I think you have to hit it with a lot of force to go through. I can't figure out exactly how to fix it, but I don't believe it would be a big deal since hitting that spot normally should result in your death anyway.

2. Players under the platforms cast shadows on top of them. I'm still looking for a way to fix it, but I wanted to go ahead and get some feedback on the stage since it's a pretty minor cosmetic problem (I've been playing around with the stage in some form for over a week and just noticed a few minutes ago).

3. Some projectiles, such as Falco and Wolf's lasers, don't show up well on the background. I want feedback on this to see just how big of a deal it is before I start screwing with the lighting (I'm quite fond of how the stage looks currently).

Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/?gxdo0qa2jqe29n1

The download includes the .PAC (which goes over FD normally) and a .rel to put the stage over Summit. Hope you enjoy!
« Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 03:42:59 PM by Nucleotyde » Logged

Ikuto
Supreme Kitten

AYE!

• Awards Heart Container Hot Topic 64-bit Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: April 26, 2012, 07:37:17 PM »

why has nobody commented? This is feakin awesome expect feed back on Friday. Also a vid if you want!

You can Adress me as Near, Nate, River(s) or famously known as Ikuto.
    Personas: Ikuto(Main) Near, Nate River, Light Yagami, And My sign up name Train-Heartnet, And 3-5 coming up!

Speedy101
    Holy Kitten

You were my New Dream

• Awards Warm Welcomer Good Citizen Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: April 26, 2012, 07:49:12 PM »

I suppose this is a good idea

personas: [Nathan Drake Cole Mcgrath(Street  Fighter X tekken version  Jonah Hex Johnny storm Cilf Hudson Sonic Chuck Greene Frank West batman wolverine the Flash Green Lantern  Superman  Marty Mcfly  The atom(Dc universe comics)  Mimic (The Exlies  comics version) Alan Wake  Rambo  Indiana Jones and others

X
    Mega Kitten

Oh yeah, I forgot, I'm back.

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: April 27, 2012, 07:40:23 PM »

This stage looks really cool. Although I can't try it out right now because my computer's having some problems (I'm using my phone at the moment), it looks like something I'd put in my game.

I also appreciate how you use bits and pieces of other stages, that's what I've started doing.
    Cheesy

Nucleotyde
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: April 28, 2012, 03:51:24 PM »

why has nobody commented? This is feakin awesome expect feed back on Friday. Also a vid if you want!
    Thanks for the enthusiasm! A video would be awesome and I'd really appreciate it.

I haven't had much time to work on polishing this stage lately (the last couple of weeks before exams are always so hard), but school's starting to wrap up so I'll hopefully be able to get the shadows fixed soon. I've started work on another stage too, and I'm hoping that I can get that one out in the next week or two. It still needs quite a bit of work, but I'm going to have a lot more free time.

SSJ Is Clueless!
    Heroic Kitten

Hey look it's a-a.... i...i...don't.....know....

• Awards Texture Artist Heart Container Dedicated Hacker Pin Collector

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: April 28, 2012, 04:39:22 PM »

wow this stage is cool (no pun intended)

is it on the vault already if not it should be

SSJ - The guy that can, but won't.

Nucleotyde
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6 on: April 28, 2012, 05:16:48 PM »

wow this stage is cool (no pun intended)

is it on the vault already if not it should be
    Not yet, I want to see if I can get the shadows fixed first. I'm also going to raise the respawn points up a little higher. Right now, you respawn on the same level as the cloud and it pulls you off the recovery platform as it passes by. I'm glad you like it though, and I'll try to get it cleaned up soon.

SSJ Is Clueless!
    Heroic Kitten

Hey look it's a-a.... i...i...don't.....know....

• Awards Texture Artist Heart Container Dedicated Hacker Pin Collector

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7 on: April 28, 2012, 05:50:07 PM »

oh ok well i think its fine the way it is but its your stage

SSJ - The guy that can, but won't.

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: