Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 79 80 81 [82] 83 84 85
Author Topic: Fire Emblem model importing thread - Lucina Released!  (Read 553154 times)
Vert092
Hyper Kitten

• Awards >9000 Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1215 on: February 26, 2015, 12:58:50 PM »

I didn't realize she was so young, that makes more sense then. Well, regarding my other comment I believe the legs do still need some attention.

I think the model is over emphasizing the hind muscles and forming an irregular curvature in the front before reaching the shins.

You are completely right, I haven't noticed it before. I don't know if that error was in mhy first model, might've happened when adapting the model to marth's skeleton. Already fixed.

Also modified a bit the hair texture and made it a bit darker, fixed the UV maps on the sheath (didn't notice that dark line before), fixed a weird vertex on her cape and made her arms a bit wider. Tell me what you think:

Afterthought
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Ninja Renowned Hacker >9000

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1216 on: February 26, 2015, 01:22:36 PM »

The leg issue has definitely been fixed, legs look a lot better now. Maybe the ankles can be thinned out some. Also, the arms look long-ish, though if that's to fit Marth's skeleton it is easily forgivable.
    The model as a whole looks astounding, and the textures are great as well. I am impressed considering I haven't ever posted here and seen this model.

so im just saying hopefully somebody can look into this if not ill probably take a shot at it later on because right now im too busy partying with some [censored]es

Large Leader
    I'm shocked I'm allowed to still have this.
    Angel Kitten

• Awards Diamond in the Rough Renowned Hacker Active Contributor Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1217 on: February 26, 2015, 03:11:39 PM »

I think the reason the arms look long is because Lucina's upperbody is relatively narrow.

Quote from: Miacis
    In other words, LURK MORE.
    Quote from: LC-DDM
    In other news, birds fly, sun shines, fishes swim, and the sky is [censored]ing BLUE.
    Quote from: Miacis
    3. ... You seriously don't know who Clinton is?
    Quote from: Haseyo
    If only hacking Brawl paid bills.
    Quote from: Nanobuds
    O snap
    Quote from: DrPanda
    But you are in a Smash Bros. thread.
    You can't have an opinion here.

Afterthought
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1218 on: February 26, 2015, 03:28:06 PM »

There's also that.
    Actually, I don't think anyone's body CAN be that narrow. Maybe widen it a bit so that it's not as wide as her head.

so im just saying hopefully somebody can look into this if not ill probably take a shot at it later on because right now im too busy partying with some [censored]es

Friesnchip
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1219 on: February 26, 2015, 04:10:54 PM »

I agree that narrowing the ankles and widening the body would probably help equalize the proportions.

And not that this is a fault of the model itself, but I've noticed Lucina's forehead looks off without a shadow being cast by her hair. Would texturing that in be an possible improvement?
    « Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 04:24:37 PM by Friesnchip » Logged

Raikrom
    Extreme Kitten

Red Bullet Desperado

• Awards Active Contributor

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1220 on: February 26, 2015, 05:40:14 PM »

Yeah, her hair looks awkward without casting a shadow, I'm sure it could be textured in. I think that's how it works on Marth's model.
    That aside I'm excited to see this model nearing completion, great work.

Vert092
    Hyper Kitten

• Awards >9000 Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1221 on: March 01, 2015, 03:49:00 PM »

I won't change the body because it might affect the shoulders and also the rig, but I textured the hair shadow. Also improved a lot the hair texture and started some recolors. I don't plan to do all of them, only the ones I use the most in Smash for 3DS and some custom ones. Already finished Tikicina, and my custom Chromcina is nearing completion. I plan to do Owaincina next, then release.

Afterthought
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1222 on: March 01, 2015, 04:24:53 PM »

These textures are incredible. Really good work.

Nao-chan
    Collab Assassin
    Holy Kitten

That's what comes of under-estimating me.

• Awards Dedicated Hacker Famous Hacker Starstormer Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1223 on: March 01, 2015, 07:49:42 PM »

That Chrom one looks awesome. Nice job.

One request... if it's not too much trouble... is I'd ask for the Cordelia red recolor from Smash 4. It's my favorite color of my favorite girl from the game. If not that's fine.

WiFi Brawl FC:0606-0014-4748

You turned into a real boring [censored] while I was away. -Yoko

Hooray for surpassing 4000 downloads!! Thanks guys!

SatoshiKura
    Expert Kitten

• Awards Starstormer Dedicated Hacker Smash 3 Team Featured

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #1224 on: March 02, 2015, 12:39:13 AM »

May I toss in a suggestion for Tiki Lucina?

The Smash 4 color based off of her had a pretty nice touch to her textures, involving her cape emblem:

It might be a nice touch for yours as well! The thing is, of course, mirrored on the Smash 4 model (and is present on both the Wii U and 3DS variations).

While I'm posting here, I remembered that I had a decent Fire Emblem Brawl thing that I've been working on:

He'll be released when the newest Smash 3 Marth is, for those of you want a good alt of Marth to go alongside his revamped look.

You can see the recolors on DeviantArt here: http://fav.me/d8iw94g
    « Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 12:45:21 AM by SatoshiKura » Logged

Raikrom
    Extreme Kitten

Red Bullet Desperado

• Awards Active Contributor

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1225 on: March 02, 2015, 01:22:27 AM »

I'm not entirely sure how to react to that.

All I know is that the arm textures look godly while the leg textures are not as godly. I'm sure this is because of how they're mapped, but I can't help but feel like it'd be perfect if they looked more clear.

Nao-chan
    Collab Assassin
    Holy Kitten

That's what comes of under-estimating me.

• Awards Dedicated Hacker Famous Hacker Starstormer Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1226 on: March 02, 2015, 01:37:23 AM »

It doesn't look like he has any muscle definition on his arms or legs at all. I think texturing some in would do him some good so he doesn't look like a doll. It takes strength to weild a sword as effortlessly as he does. I'm not saying Smash 4 Ike muscles... or Captain Falcon muscles... but something to make him not look so flat. He may be a prince... and be called girly... but he's still a man, and a knight. He should have the physique of one.
    « Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 01:39:46 AM by Nao-chan » Logged

WiFi Brawl FC:0606-0014-4748

You turned into a real boring [censored] while I was away. -Yoko

Hooray for surpassing 4000 downloads!! Thanks guys!

Afterthought
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1227 on: March 02, 2015, 10:07:56 AM »

-snip-

Good lord.

Even with the points mentioned about muscle definition, this costume is absolutely wonderful.

SatoshiKura
    Expert Kitten

• Awards Starstormer Dedicated Hacker Smash 3 Team Featured

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #1228 on: March 04, 2015, 09:40:16 PM »

The muscle definition was something I considered doing, but honestly, I don't know how to pull it off on the model itself, with all its wonky mapping. I had to do some major UV editing to get things looking even remotely correct.
    As for his leg texture, the texture itself is the same size as the original Mar02 (256 x 256). That's why it doesn't look quite as good as the arms in the render.

Velen
    Resident Lucario
    Boss Kitten

Insert totally self gratifying [censored] here. ; )

• Awards Famous Hacker Sniper Heart Container Ceiling Cat

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1229 on: March 05, 2015, 12:49:40 AM »

The muscle definition was something I considered doing, but honestly, I don't know how to pull it off on the model itself, with all its wonky mapping. I had to do some major UV editing to get things looking even remotely correct.
    As for his leg texture, the texture itself is the same size as the original Mar02 (256 x 256). That's why it doesn't look quite as good as the arms in the render.

Muscle definition isn't that hard to do. Just look at Ike in the new Smash or anyone with muscles.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

Pages:  1 ... 79 80 81 [82] 83 84 85
    Print
    Jump to: