Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 80 81 82 [83] 84 85
Author Topic: Fire Emblem model importing thread - Lucina Released!  (Read 555436 times)
Nao-chan
Collab Assassin
Holy Kitten

That's what comes of under-estimating me.

• Awards Dedicated Hacker Famous Hacker Starstormer Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1230 on: March 05, 2015, 12:53:56 AM »

I think he meant that the way it's set up is making it more difficult than normal. Not that he doesn't completely know how to do it Velen.

WiFi Brawl FC:0606-0014-4748

You turned into a real boring [censored] while I was away. -Yoko

Hooray for surpassing 4000 downloads!! Thanks guys!

ManikDX
    Hyper Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1231 on: March 05, 2015, 02:48:58 AM »

Dude, your Lucina looks amazing! I can't wait to play as her. Nice job man

Velen
    Resident Lucario
    Boss Kitten

Insert totally self gratifying [censored] here. ; )

• Awards Famous Hacker Sniper Heart Container Ceiling Cat

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1232 on: March 05, 2015, 11:48:11 AM »

I think he meant that the way it's set up is making it more difficult than normal. Not that he doesn't completely know how to do it Velen.

Then wouldn't be best to fix that? Probably easier said than done, I know.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

Nao-chan
    Collab Assassin
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1233 on: March 05, 2015, 07:25:06 PM »

You could offer to help if you think you're able, oh Talented Texturizer.

Velen
    Resident Lucario
    Boss Kitten

Insert totally self gratifying [censored] here. ; )

• Awards Famous Hacker Sniper Heart Container Ceiling Cat

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1234 on: March 06, 2015, 12:37:31 AM »

You could offer to help if you think you're able, oh Talented Texturizer.

My thing is texture, not UVs...Though seeing those would give me a good idea of what makes it so troublesome.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

HomicidalToaster
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1235 on: March 07, 2015, 06:29:11 PM »

I just wish the guy who's working on Awakening Roy would contribute anything at all about his progress. But I can't really say anything as I'm just some dude who's desperate and has no idea of the troubles of modders. With that in mind you guys do such awesome work. In the end its just me waiting for another awesome thing to come around like Bethesda's E3 conference.

Large Leader
    I'm shocked I'm allowed to still have this.
    Angel Kitten

• Awards Diamond in the Rough Renowned Hacker Active Contributor Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1236 on: March 09, 2015, 03:33:53 PM »

I just wish the guy who's working on Awakening Roy would contribute anything at all about his progress. But I can't really say anything as I'm just some dude who's desperate and has no idea of the troubles of modders. With that in mind you guys do such awesome work. In the end its just me waiting for another awesome thing to come around like Bethesda's E3 conference.

Think I've mentioned it before. In case I haven't I'll say it again.

The person working on it doesn't want to work on Roy until he gets better at custom modelling. Until then, you probably won't hear anything from him.

Quote from: Miacis
    In other words, LURK MORE.
    Quote from: LC-DDM
    In other news, birds fly, sun shines, fishes swim, and the sky is [censored]ing BLUE.
    3. ... You seriously don't know who Clinton is?
    Quote from: Haseyo
    If only hacking Brawl paid bills.
    Quote from: Nanobuds
    O snap
    Quote from: DrPanda
    But you are in a Smash Bros. thread.
    You can't have an opinion here.

Friesnchip
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1237 on: March 16, 2015, 01:26:01 PM »

Hey Vert, I've noticed it has been over two weeks since you've updated us on Lucina - I'm not trying to rush you or demand further progress, just curious if the silence is due to a problem you've encountered with/additional features you're trying to implement into the model or if you've just been too busy to work on it. Referencing your last post in this thread it seemed like you were nearly done aside from recolors.

Vert092
    Hyper Kitten

• Awards >9000 Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1238 on: March 17, 2015, 02:07:21 PM »

Hey Vert, I've noticed it has been over two weeks since you've updated us on Lucina - I'm not trying to rush you or demand further progress, just curious if the silence is due to a problem you've encountered with/additional features you're trying to implement into the model or if you've just been too busy to work on it. Referencing your last post in this thread it seemed like you were nearly done aside from recolors.

Nah, I didn't really have much free time the last 2 weeks, I had to do a lot of work. I haven't encountered problems so far, so don't worry, I'm nearly done with it. I made small progress though: I've retextured the lips and some hair pieces because I wasn't completely satisfied with the previous ones (the hair tips looked low quality and the lips looked too much like Samus's). And I'm about 75% done with the Owain/Lissa recolor -I also included the new cape emblem for the Tiki recolor-. Have some pictures:

Considering recolors are very time consuming, and that the only ones I use are "done", I'm thinking of releasing the texture files first so people can start making the rest of the Smash 4 recolors. If they get done and have a certain level of quality, I'll include them in the final pack, always giving the proper credit, of course. Let me know what you think.

Large Leader
    I'm shocked I'm allowed to still have this.
    Angel Kitten

• Awards Diamond in the Rough Renowned Hacker Active Contributor Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1239 on: March 17, 2015, 03:03:50 PM »

Which rig are you using?

Because if you don't mind, I'd like to tinker with the hair a bit >.>

In other words, LURK MORE.
    Quote from: LC-DDM
    In other news, birds fly, sun shines, fishes swim, and the sky is [censored]ing BLUE.
    3. ... You seriously don't know who Clinton is?
    Quote from: Haseyo
    If only hacking Brawl paid bills.
    Quote from: Nanobuds
    O snap
    Quote from: DrPanda
    But you are in a Smash Bros. thread.
    You can't have an opinion here.

Friesnchip
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1240 on: March 17, 2015, 09:19:35 PM »

I always appreciated Smash 4's attention to detail with the Tiki recolor receiving a unique emblem, it's a really nice touch and it looks great here as well. I'm not quite as familiar with the Fire Emblem series as I'd like, so forgive me if this is an ignorant question, but would it be plausible for each recolor to have a distinct cape symbol? I don't recall if each of the characters used as inspiration for the recolors have some aligned faction or trait that would allow for such a thing.

Anyway, releasing the textures sounds like an efficient way to save time and involve the community- good plan.

------
    ...on a side note, I have a question pertaining to Lucina's proportions compared to a certain Mia model released by the LST. Given Project M's convention of designing the alternate costumes for the Fire Emblem reps to be the garb worn by alternative characters from the franchise, I thought the same would be nice for Lucina as well.

Not that Mia's necessarily the best choice for well rounded FE representation (several characters from her game already make appearances in Brawl/PM), but since the resources have already been created I presumed it would be a fairly novel idea. My only concern is Lucina's frame compared to the other model; I'm not sure to the extent of adjustments that would be required to pass off the concept adequately.

Of course I'm not pushing for anyone working on this project to increase their workload pursuing this endeavor, just pondering the feasibility.

Nao-chan
    Collab Assassin
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1241 on: March 17, 2015, 10:28:06 PM »

From what I understand... I think that the Tiki recolor for Lucina was the only one that had a differing cape emblem aside from the rest. I may be incorrect on this assumption, but as I recall that's what I remember it being. Considering everyone who had a recolor for Lucina in Smash for Wii U were all on the same side... I don't think any of them would have a different faction so to speak. Unless it would've been before they'd joined the group. But I doubt it, and the only one that would apply to would be Tharja's recolor.

On the second note... having a Mia like costume or setup similar to the PM alts would be fantastic... but I'm sure that would take quite a bit of time to do it well enough like this Lucina model. We can dream I suppose.
    « Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 10:32:40 PM by Nao-chan » Logged

SatoshiKura
    Expert Kitten

• Awards Starstormer Dedicated Hacker Smash 3 Team Featured

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #1242 on: March 18, 2015, 06:51:43 PM »

Actually, the Tharja color for Lucina had an alternate emblem as well, being the three eyes that are present on Robin's coat sleeves, except they matched the cape's color rather than being purple.

As for the alternate emblems, I agree with Nao, most of the people her colors were based on were from Ylisse, with the exception of Cherche (who didn't get an alternate emblem), Tharja, and Tiki.

Vert092
    Hyper Kitten

• Awards >9000 Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1243 on: March 22, 2015, 06:05:45 AM »

Here are all the textures the model uses, I'm releasing them before the model so people can start making the recolors, just like I said before. The UV mapping is intuitive, so I think people won't have a problem identifying the textures with the different parts of the model. However I may need to clarify something: the blue part in the belts file corresponds with her feet. It's there because I ran out of space in the body file.

Once people starts geting the recolors done, I'll add them to the pack giving proper credit to whoever made them. I'll also submit renders of the finished model with the new textures if the model's not released by the time. I'm thinking of a release this next week by the way.

Imgur album: http://imgur.com/a/qF1Od

^- This is the texture I was talking about.

BlueBrain
    God Kitten

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Super Saiyan Topic >9000 Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1244 on: March 22, 2015, 10:17:34 AM »

those are some sexy textures

Pages:  1 ... 80 81 82 [83] 84 85
    Print
    Jump to: