Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 28
Author Topic: Let's look into Module Fíles (.rel) - Defensive Collision is now!  (Read 168855 times)
Shinobu Nyan!
Lol Kitten

How the Cool Kids Dance Once More!!

• Awards Diamond in the Rough Hot Topic Warm Welcomer Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #120 on: August 07, 2012, 09:10:48 PM »

He used to help me make codes using the USB Gecko, some codes required altering some assembly(ASM) and he showed me how to do it. He may or may not be still active haven't been to the wiiRD forums in a while

Click Sig For My Tutorial Thread

I'm Just You're Friendly Forum Pseudo Narcissist
    This is Nyan. She He is indeed random and also definitely not a pervert.
    I Will Accept Everyone's Faults As Long As They're Not Annoying.

pikazz
    Heroic Kitten

Machinimator!

• Awards Renowned Hacker Good Citizen Pin Collector Helping Hand

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #121 on: August 08, 2012, 03:39:36 AM »

He used to help me make codes using the USB Gecko, some codes required altering some assembly(ASM) and he showed me how to do it. He may or may not be still active haven't been to the wiiRD forums in a while
    Write codes and Asm is one thing, rebuilding asm is a other thing

Stupid Tinypic :C

Sky Grounder
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Heart Container Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #122 on: August 08, 2012, 03:54:09 AM »

And rebuilding involves parsing the whole module.

3DS FC: 5370-0958-4818
    Wii U NNID: Doraleus

Usery
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #123 on: August 08, 2012, 04:27:28 AM »

Actually... Yeah I know ASM.. wrote many of C2 codes. Maybe I can help a little bit?

Shinobu Nyan!
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #124 on: August 08, 2012, 09:56:26 AM »

Actually... Yeah I know ASM.. wrote many of C2 codes. Maybe I can help a little bit?
    That you Deathwolf? I mean from wiiRD forums.
    Edit: I contacted dcx2 and he hasn't replied yet, but he may be be able to do it. If Deathwolf is who I think he is he can be useful also.
    « Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 10:02:49 AM by toonlink444 » Logged

Usery
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #125 on: August 08, 2012, 10:55:30 AM »

Yes it's me from the WiiRd forum. dcx2 almost retired from the hacking scene... However, I'd like to help you guys with the ASM, I'll try my best.

Shinobu Nyan!
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #126 on: August 08, 2012, 02:52:43 PM »

Yes it's me from the WiiRd forum. dcx2 almost retired from the hacking scene... However, I'd like to help you guys with the ASM, I'll try my best.
    That would be great, thanks.

BlackJax96
    Brawl Mod God

• Awards KCMM Veteran Sniper King for a Day Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #127 on: August 14, 2012, 07:02:01 PM »

Some links I found useful for learning PPC asm.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:w4LDer9GJ2EJ:www.cs.cornell.edu/Info/Courses/Spring-97/CS314/Topic_02.ps

http://www.cs.uaf.edu/2011/fall/cs301/support/ppc/index.html

http://www.csd.uwo.ca/~mburrel/stuff/ppc-asm.html

https://www-01.ibm.com/chips/techlib/techlib.nsf/techdocs/852569B20050FF778525699600719DF2/%24file/6xx_pem.pdf

PhantomWings
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #128 on: September 09, 2012, 12:31:31 PM »

So it looks like I've found out where the raw assembly of each of the PSA commands are stored. Moreover, I've also found where inside the character module files the 0C series commands are stored.

A long time ago, I mentioned that I'd found out that the first byte of each PSA command represented one or more module inside Brawl. This was the list that I posted at the time:

Code:

02 soStatusModuleImpl
    03 soModelModuleImpl
    03 soModelModuleImplVariable
    04 soMotionModuleImpl
    05 soPostureModuleImpl
    06 soCollisionAttackModuleImpl
    06 soCollisionHitModuleImpl
    06 soCollisionShieldModuleImpl
    06 soCollisionCatchModuleImpl
    06 soCollisionSearchModuleImpl
    07 ftControllerModuleImpl
    07 soControllerModuleLinkRef
    08 soGroundModuleImpl
    09 soSituationMoudleImpl
    0A soSoundModuleImpl
    0B soVisibilityModuleImpl
    0C ft<charname>
    0D soAnimCmdModuleImpl
    0E soKineticModuleGeneric
    0F soLinkModuleImpl
    10 soGenerateArticleManageModuleImpl
    11 soEffectModuleImpl
    12 soWorkManageModuleImpl
    13 soComboModuleImpl
    14 ftAreaModuleImpl
    15 soTerritoryModuleImpl
    16 soTargetSearchModuleImpl
    17 soPhysicsModuleImpl
    18 soSlopeModuleImpl
    19 soShadowModuleImpl
    1A soCameraModuleImpl
    1B
    1C ftStopModuleImpl
    1D soShakeModuleImpl
    1E soDamageModuleImpl
    1F soItemManageModuleImpl
    20 soTurnModuleImpl
    21 soColorBlendModuleImpl
    22 soTeamModuleImpl
    23 soSlowModuleImpl
    64 ftCancelModuleImpl

I'm not sure why, but I never took this bit of information any further at the time. Anyways, it turns out that these modules are stored inside the the Common2 module (module id 1B). Moreover, each of these modules implement a specific interface soAnimCmdEventObserver. This interface is what allows the module to communicate with the instruction set used by PSA.

In order to find the methods used by the soAnimCmdEventObserver interface I needed to update the old Module Viewer 2. As it turns out, a small quirk in the method table which I was previously ignoring actually corresponded to which interfaces they belong to. It was just a dirty fix, so it's not anything fancy, but you'll need it if you want to find any of the PSA assembly code.

[Download]

I guess I should warn everyone ahead of time, that in order to find the assembly of a specific PSA action, you'll need a really good understanding of assembly and a lot of patience - it also helps if you decide on what you're looking for beforehand.

For this example, I'll be looking for the Basic Variable Increment command - given by the PSA id 12030100.

Using the list up above, the first byte of this command (0x12) corresponds to soWorkManageModuleImpl. Start by opening up the common2 module in the new Module Viewer 2. Navigating through the object list to the soWorkManageModuleImpl object and opening up it's inheritance hierarchy, you'll spot the soAnimCmdEventObserver as well as its base; the soEventObserver<soAnimCmdEventObserver>. Observe that the Unknown value of both of them are 16. I'm not sure exactly what this value means, but what's important right now is that it seems to indicate the objects position in the inheritance hierarchy.

The method list has been reorganized so that the first index sorts the methods by inheritance and the second index distinguishes the individual methods. The higher the Unknown value of the inherited object, the higher the first index is for its corresponding methods. In this case, the soAnimCmdEventOberver's events are Method[1][0] to Method[1][5] (just remember that it will likely be different for each module).

The soAnimCmdEventObserver methods usually have a pretty consistent layout. soAnimCmdEventObserver.Method[0] (Method[1][0] in this case) seems to be some sort of initializer or hook function, but it isn't really all that interesting - the interesting ones are the two after it. soAnimCmdEventObserver.Method[1] is an identifier function which returns a boolean value depending on whether the first byte of the PSA command passed to it is equal to 12. If that function returns true, then the soAnimCmdEventObserver.Method[2] is called. This is the function that handles the rest of the PSA command.

As it turns out, Method[1] and Method[2] actually call Method[3] and Method[4] in this case so to get at the actual assembly, you'll have to look at those two instead. Just remember that it isn't always this way as things will vary wildly depending on what module you are looking at.

Anyways, if you open up Method[4] (Method[1][4]) - the main handler for the PSA commands starting with 0x12 - you'll be confronted with a ton of assembly you'll need to wade through. You're pretty much on your own here. However, it may help to know that the lines:

lwz r12,16(r12)   
    mtspr ctr,r12   
    bctr    
    extsb r0,r3   

will put the second byte of the PSA command into r0. From here, you can follow the code through until you find the handler you're looking for - in this case we would be looking for a branch when r0 = 0x03.

Hey, I didn't say it was simple, and I can't really say it's all that useable for most people either. But this sort of knowledge could lead to a lot of potential. Mainly that using this could allow custom assembly scripts to be ran during gameplay whenever a certain PSA command is triggered.

A few other notes:

Some command set series draw upon multiple modules - such as the 06 series commands (hitboxes and such). In particular, the 0C series draws upon not only the ft<character>.rel, but also a bunch of other unidentified modules.

When it comes to finding the character specific 0C series commands, you'll need to open the character's .rel file and navigate to the ft<FighterName> object. The main handlers there are actually Method[3][14] and Method[3][15].

Inside the Common2 module there's an object call soAnimCommandInterpreter or something. If I had to venture a guess, I'd say that's what is responsible for parsing PSA commands during gameplay.

That's about it for now. I haven't done any testing on it, so it's all pretty much theory until someone decides to try something with it and proves it - but for now, it seems pretty sound.

« Last Edit: September 09, 2012, 12:35:28 PM by PhantomWings » Logged

DarkPikachu
    Angel Kitten

complexity == fun

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container KCMM Veteran Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #129 on: September 09, 2012, 02:17:39 PM »

glad the logic->script links were found =D

Of course though this is only my 2nd time reading this since it`s creation...

I`ll be looking into this a little more often now as I`d like to start work on an REL2PY decompiler for blender...

Of course though this means I`ll have to study classes XD

But I think I know enough about them now...
    Classes are basically the same as a module written with functions...
    Local vars are self.var

I`m not continuing as I`m quite sure you don`t want to hear any of this XD

Quote: Friedslick6
    you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
    But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
    you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
    You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Dantarion
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Favorite'd Former PMDT Staff Helper

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #130 on: September 09, 2012, 03:03:45 PM »

PW, I actually coded a module rebuilder in python that uses automated comments to adjust the relocations in the ASM block! PM me if you want to see it!

That information you just posted will come in handy.
    I am going to be adjusting my code to rip objects/function locations, but until then...I guess ill be using this!

PhantomWings
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #131 on: September 10, 2012, 07:09:28 PM »

Nice job Dant. I'm not really much of a python guy so I'm not sure how valuable my input would be, but it's cool to know that you're still working on the modules.

If you're looking to parse the object data, then you'll probably need to use these wrappers. There's not much organization to the object data otherwise.

Code:

Virtual Function Table:
    0x00 (ptr)   Declaration
    0x04 (int)   Scope Level
    0x08 (ptr[]) Functions (no termination)

Declaration:
    0x00 (string*)        Name
    0x04 (Inheritance[]*) Inheritance (0x00000000 terminated)

Inheritance:
    0x00 (ptr) Declaration
    0x04 (int) Scope Level

Just remember that it's possible for an object to have more than one Virtual Function Table depending on how many unique scope levels there are in it's inheritance hierarchy. I should note also, that while I call them Scope Levels for the time being, I don't really know exactly what their values represent - all I know is that for every unique value, there's usually an additional Virtual Function Table.

Goodluck Dant.
    « Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 07:10:28 PM by PhantomWings » Logged

Shinobu Nyan!
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #132 on: September 11, 2012, 11:05:23 AM »

I'm still somewhat new to programming and looking at code, but I want to help as to make a contribution to the community. Is there anything I can do to help?

pikazz
    Heroic Kitten

Machinimator!

• Awards Renowned Hacker Good Citizen Pin Collector Helping Hand

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #133 on: September 17, 2012, 11:16:55 AM »

wow, I miss alot when I am taking a break a short time

wow, that's really great information PW Cheesy I will look more into those to see for myself!
    but what exactly is the new thing on "Module Editior 2.2"?

and that's great Dant you still doing about modules :3

EDIT: found some modules in common2!
    it's from Miscdata[11]  - [17]
    the funny part is that the "Sora_Melee" module is Miscdata[11] (they have the same ModuleID)

why have doubles of everything o.o
    « Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 03:21:26 AM by pikazz » Logged

Stupid Tinypic :C

♤♡◇♧
    The Corrupted
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Pin Collector Active Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #134 on: September 20, 2012, 03:31:36 AM »

It's because those modules have to be loaded into memory all the time, as they contain the general information to get the game actually running.

Pages:  1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 28
    Print
    Jump to: