Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: libertyernie's new thread: Pumpkin Zone [11/1]  (Read 4270 times)
libertyernie
Lol Kitten

Go for the gold

• Awards Star Hacker >9000 King for a Day RAGE!!

• View Profile Awards
    « on: August 24, 2010, 04:09:08 PM »

I wanted to clear up the clutter, so I'm putting some things in spoiler tags and leaving off others. This is where I'll post new stages, textures or minor vertex hacks. Any major vertex hacks will go in my thread on the Vertex Hacks forum.

Pre-Separated Textures (Kirby, Link, Toon Link)
    For Link and Toon Link, I've uploaded some example GIMP .xcf files of their default textures with layers already separated. For Kirby, I've included the .xcf sources I use to make new Kirby colors. Explanations are included in the .xcf's as invisible text layers. They were written very quickly, but if you have any questions you can reply and I'll do my best to answer them. Also see this guide for Kirby's FS eyes with GIMP.

Download (.7z)

Pre-Separated CSPs
    Having made many CSPs for my textures (and some others) I thought I should share my pack of stock CSPs. Each is separated into layers for each part of the character's body/clothes.
    Many also have a non-visible layer with a solid rectangle; if you crop to this rectangle, merge all layers, and then scale to 48x56, you will have a matching battle portrait. Lucario has a separate .xcf/.psd for his battle portrait - his head is slightly bigger there than on the CSS portrait.

Included:
    *King Dedede
    *Jigglypuff (rotation instructions and example battle portrait included in the file)
    *Kirby [pink & green]
    *Link
    *Lucario
    *Luigi (no battle portrait)
    *Mario (no battle portrait)
    *Pikachu
    *Pokémon Trainer (no battle portraits)
    *R.O.B.
    *Sonic
    *Toon Link
    *Wario [yellow] (no battle portrait)
    *Yoshi (no battle portrait)
    *Zelda (no battle portraits) {Sheik is separated onto another layer but not split up}

Downloads:
    GIMP version (.xcf)
    Photoshop version (.psd)

Brawl Team Colors

Team battles will be so much nicer! I pulled together textures by M&SG, Wave Kusanagi and Dragonrage, them made some myself for Pikachu and Jigglypuff. Battle portraits, CSPs and even stock icons are included.
    Running the "MakePf" batch file will make a folder called "fighter" and copy the textures into it so you can drag them all onto your SD card at once. The folder "Premade system files (optional)" contains common5.pac with the CSPs and stock icons inserted and an info/portrite folder with the battle portraits.
    Code:
    Textures
    Lucario (M&SG): http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=3302.0
    Red
    Green
    Yellow
    Sonic (Wave Kusanagi): http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=5216.0
    Blue/Default (more vivid blue than Brawl; no CSP)
    Red
    Green
    Gold
    Black
    Charizard/Ivysaur/Squirtle
    (Dragonrage): http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=827.0
    Red
    Green
    Blue
    (M&SG): http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=3302.0
    Dark
    Pikachu (libertyernie)
    Red
    Green
    Blue
    Jigglypuff (libertyernie)
    Red
    Green
    Blue
    Light Blue
    Olimar (libertyernie)
    Light Blue
    Download

Strap Loaders

The strap loader on the left is my Mirrored Strap Loader. You can use it as a template for your own strap loader without giving me credit. I made it by changing the bones to move the different parts of the model (Yes, it's a model!) The middle one is a retexture of the reversed one, and the right one, um... isn't. Click on the pictures to download each strap loader.

Melee Textures

With KirbyTool, I've made it possible to make Kirby and Pichu textures for Melee real quickly. I whipped up some textures partially to show what the tool can do and partially as a reason to make the tool in the first place.
    The Pichu .zip file contains Brown, Red, Green and Blue Pichu, each corresponding to a particular color in Melee that they can replace.
    The Kirby archive has Light Green, Red/Cream, LemonLime and Brown Kirby. Each of them can replace any Kirby color in the game, because I ran the tool six times for each texture. Also, Kirby has 5 .dat files for each texture (four are for his hats), so this results in a LOT of different .dat file "quintets" you can choose from. Thankfully, 7-zip compresses them all to 535KiB.

Link to examples folder

Brawl Textures

Corona

The hero of the Megadrive game Soleil (US: Crusader of Centy). Must have grabbed the wrong hat.
    The shield in front is vertexed to have the top be as round as the bottom. The one in the back isn't, though - I couldn't get it to work properly. His ears are also vertexed to be not pointy.
    Download (BrawlVault)

Pine

This is Pine, the guy from my old avatar gravatar (did you know you can have KC-MM and other sites automatically use the same image as WordPress? You should check it out.) I made a Kirby texture and a vertex-hacked Ness cap. The hair in front used to be the peak of the cap; I had to change the Materials1 type to make it show up when looking at him from underneath.
    The first picture shows a hole in Pine’s hat, but I’ve patched that up since then.

Football Toon Link

For the uniform, I used the colors of the New York Giants, though I added Packers-style sleeve stripes.

Download (both home and away included)

Kirby XP

A Kirby emulator for Windows? Tongue No, it's just a texture. Kirby's eyes (which I traced over in black) are inside a window. His skin is the same blue that's the default background color in Windows XP when there's no picture, and the green color is from the Start button. Sorry, no ability textures for DK, Olimar, etc.

CSP/PAC/PCS Download

Item Texture - Motion-Sensor Bomb

Aw, Rare! Why did Microsoft have to buy you?
    Anyway, this is a close approximation of the Motion-Sensor Bomb from Goldeneye 007 and Super Smash Bros. Melee, using the Melee texture as a base.

Download the whole common3.pac
    Download the PNG only (you can insert it with BrawlBox)

Stages

Pumpkin Zone

The third level of Pumpkin Zone from Super Mario Land 2. Comes with two .brstms and SSS icons, as well as .rel files if you want to use it over Flat Zone 2 or Hanenbow.
    The blocks disappear for 1 second in each 4-second loop.
    There's also a custom color version included (the original game was in black & white.)

BrawlVault link

Castle Cave

Clouds

Stop that train!

Microsoft Flat Zone 2
    « Last Edit: November 01, 2010, 10:08:05 AM by libertyernie » Logged

libertyernie
    Lol Kitten

Go for the gold

• Awards Star Hacker >9000 King for a Day RAGE!!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: November 01, 2010, 10:08:26 AM »

Added Pumpkin Zone. I almost forgot I had this thread.

Segtendo
    Local Marie Fanboy
    Special Access

Cold queen

• Awards Starstormer PC Core Gamer 128-bit Core Gamer Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #2 on: November 01, 2010, 12:06:15 PM »

Microsoft Flat Zone?
    Lol. You've had some great 2D stages.

: SW-2632-7270-6724

Pages: [1]
    Print