Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: I'm thinking of starting again  (Read 1578 times)
the_randomizer
Holy Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Dedicated Hacker Ceiling Cat

• View Profile Awards
    « on: May 24, 2012, 12:07:59 AM »

It's been quite a while since I've been here and to be honest, I kind of want to give Brawl hacking another shot.  The reason for my absence was for many reasons.  These include:

1) Expecting too much in too little time (expecting to see instant results)
    2) Comparing myself to other hackers, especially when I see masterful character mods
    3) Being too hard on myself when I make a minor (or major) mistake, leading me to believe I'm doing the whole process wrong when in actuality I was more or less going in the right direction the whole time.

For these reasons, I wish to begin once again, hopefully with a more positive attitude, and knowing that I will eventually make my first character mod.  I should also realize that there are numerous people on the KCMM forums who are more than willing to help with advice and what have you.

Getting back in the game will be a change to be sure, such as whether or not 3DS Studio Max 2010 or 2011 should be used (one over the other).

I also will eventually know how rigging, weighting and influences on vertices work, as I plan on getting that down, too.
    « Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 12:09:43 AM by the_randomizer » Logged

Iwvi
    Cronic Procrastinator
    Heroic Kitten

Temporarily retired

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Fiery Topic Renowned Hacker Star Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: May 25, 2012, 04:07:14 AM »

Hi there. I suggest you use 2010. 2011 and 2010 are mostly the same but for brawl modding 2010 has an adventage. The DAE importer of 2010 restarts normals and it makes getting shaders to work a lot easier. And rigging is not that hard, just trial and error. With enough patience you can become an exelent modder. Good luck

the_randomizer
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Dedicated Hacker Ceiling Cat

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: May 25, 2012, 08:47:23 AM »

Hi there. I suggest you use 2010. 2011 and 2010 are mostly the same but for brawl modding 2010 has an adventage. The DAE importer of 2010 restarts normals and it makes getting shaders to work a lot easier. And rigging is not that hard, just trial and error. With enough patience you can become an exelent modder. Good luck

3DS Studio Max 2010, eh?  Good to know! Thanks for the response!

Post Merge: May 25, 2012, 05:21:12 PM
    Sorry for the double post, but I need to have someone reiterate to me the exact definition of the word "rigging".  I know it's a very necessary, not to mention tedious process, but what exactly constitutes as rigging.

Does it have to do with a combination of weighting the vertices, changing the vertex influences and/or does it have to do with bending and blending the joints on the arms/legs/hands etc.  If so, how far back do the joints need to be bent?
    « Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 05:21:12 PM by the_randomizer » Logged

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: