Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Not as done as I thought...  (Read 1001 times)
Juri Han
Extreme Kitten

Give me your XTC~♥

• Awards Active Contributor Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « on: May 21, 2012, 08:05:44 AM »

Apologize for the question, but since it's been awhile, I forgot pretty much everything about hacking. Anyway, it's more of a technical issue. My sis recently picked up a new Wii, and she wants to get back into using hacks, because some of the Sengoku Basara hacks caught her attention (she's a huge fan -.-)

Anyway, she's worried that using them will mess up the Wii, and she basically wants me to confirm that it won't. I told her as long as there's no softmodding involved, it'll be fine, but she's still extra cautious.

Thanks for the help, and if there's anything else I should know (improvements on the hacking tools used on KC or otherwise), I'd appreciate a heads up ; )

Kirby Dance

Sanada
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Staff Helper Sniper Tutorial Writer Epic Restorer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: May 21, 2012, 08:36:18 AM »

If she plans to use the Sengoku Basara hacks I made, it will lag ingame during 3-4 player matches with them due to high-poly (didn't use ProOp on them...) Eventually, I'll update them them with less poly and better rig, shader, etc. Not sure at all if the lag itself causes problems to the wii. I've been using them for a while now and it still seems to run fine.

Juri Han
    Extreme Kitten

Give me your XTC~♥

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: May 21, 2012, 08:46:45 AM »

Yeah, we've experienced some lag in the past with some of the model imports on here. I don't think that should be an issue.

What she's worried about is me installing HBC and Riivo on the Wii, and then it suddenly dies on us. Apparently, her Wii is one of the newer models that doesn't play GC games (in case that's of any importance?)

Spex130
    Holy Kitten

So very Spexcellent.

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Starstormer Hyperactive Contributor Renowned Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: May 21, 2012, 09:45:19 AM »

Huh. I didn't know Wii models that didn't play GC games existed.

Anyways, it's possible to load up Brawl Hacks without installing anything on your Wii.

I think it's called the Stack Smash loader. It's that special custom stage that crashes the game and loads up "boot.elf" at the root of the SD. And Boot.Elf can be anything, from Gecko to Riivo to Super Mario War, if you want it. That's how Project M pulls up their mod.

I'm not sure about that Wii model though. Make sure to check it's moddable in the first place. Some quick google searching should do.

Juri Han
    Extreme Kitten

Give me your XTC~♥

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: May 21, 2012, 09:55:08 AM »

Yeah, I didn't know that either. I didn't pick up the Wii, so maybe the guy at the store made a mistake or something.

And if that works out, then that's even better. I'll check it out later on today. Thanks for the help~

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: