Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Mark Gatha as Ike. Nuff said.  (Read 3637 times)
Mega Man X
Newbie Kitten

17th Unit

View Profile Awards
« on: May 27, 2012, 02:44:54 PM »

Hey fellas! My very first Brawl hack here. This is a little project I've been cooking up in my head for quite a while now. I've been a fan of Mark Gatha since the Mobile Fighter G Gundam days and the idea of having his voice talent in Brawl has always sounded like it would be a blast! So now with the awesomeness of Brawl hacking and I finally decided to take action and make it myself.

Now a little bit of info on the hack itself. I focused on creating the overall feel of the hack to make it as if Gatha is voicing Ike, so unfortunately for all the G Gundam and Mega Man X fans, you won't be hearing Ike shout "SHINING FINGER!!" or have him say "I'm X! I'm a maverick hunter!" even though all the voice files are from Mega Man X games. In addition, lulz, I don't think that there is any footage out there of Gatha saying "I fight for my friends." or "You'll get no sympathy from me!" so those had to go. Sorry about that Ike fans. Also not all files were replaced. There was a file or two there that didn't particularly stand out as Jason Adkins rather than Gatha so I left them in for now. I'm thinking about making this Version 1 and maybe updating it in the near future. I'm not 100% on it yet though.

Now here is the file. Use Sawnz to insert.
http://www.mediafire.com/?q4zm4mhuy35ufh8

All voice files for ripped straight from Mega Man X8, Mega Man X Command Mission, and Mega Man Maverick Hunter X. Thanks to all the dedicated Brawl hackers out there who made creating projects like this possible, the CAPCOM of old (before they went ape***t and decided to throw Mega Man in the gutter and leave him for dead) and of course thanks to Mark Gatha for providing such awesome voice work and making Mega Man X and Domon sound so badass.

Let's hope someone makes a Domon Kasshu vertex for Ike huh?

EDIT: Here's some videos giving an example of what Gatha sounds like to those that don't know.
Megaman X Shining Finger!

Megaman Maverick Hunter X -PSP- [Flame Mammoth] 100%

« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 12:56:03 AM by Mega Man X » Logged

X
Mega Kitten

Oh yeah, I forgot, I'm back.

View Profile Awards
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2012, 07:23:11 PM »

Whoa, sounds awesome, but your username sounds more awesome.

Hero ©
Holy Kitten

• Awards Hot Topic PC Core Gamer Pin Collector 128-bit Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: May 27, 2012, 08:54:13 PM »

hmmm which one is the real X?  Roll Eyes

But anyways, who's voice is in the sawndz exactly?

Mega Man X
    Newbie Kitten

17th Unit

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: May 28, 2012, 12:26:04 AM »

Its X's voice from Maverick Hunter X, X8, and Command Mission. There's no files in there stating he's X though so you won't hear anything of the sort. Well except maybe for his final smash audio. X and Domon's voice are nearly identical because Gatha voices them pretty much the same. The characters themselves are different enough in personality but in the heat of battle they sound identical when shouting, grunting, and the like.

Sorry about not being able to put up a preview of the .Sawnd in action. My computer is VERY old and I lack the tools necessary to upload high quality videos to youtube for previews and such. Maybe I'll update the initial post to include a video with some of Gatha's voice work so users can get an idea of what he sounds like.   

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: