Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How to make Custom PAT0 Animations (Somewhat Outdated)  (Read 4144 times)
ABloodyCanadian
Ellipsis Abuser…
Heroic Kitten

Background processes...

• Awards KCMM Veteran Super Saiyan Topic Hey! Listen! Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « on: June 07, 2012, 12:55:27 AM »

If anyone has seen my Bad Apple - Reimu Hack, I've mentioned that I made it using custom PAT0 animations. However, when the new BrawlBox comes out, this tutorial could be out dated (assuming that the PAT0 Editor in the Model Viewer actually works). But I'm doing it anyway! This is a way to make custom PAT0 Animations.

1). Import model and textures. I don't think it matters what you name them.

I'll be using WackaAlpaca's 2D Stage Template for this tutorial.

2). Insert a new Texture Pattern (PAT0) where the model is.

You may name it whatever you want.

3). Create new Entry in PAT0.

4). Look at the model you'll be applying your PAT0 to and check it's materials.

5). Copy the name of it and paste it onto where it says "NewNode"

6). Change the texture index on the 2nd branch if the textures you imported are not on TextureData[0]. In our case it is, so we can skip this step.

7). Rename NewTexture to the texture of your 1st texture. (If that made any sense... lol)

If you have BrawlBox V0.67b, make sure you enable palettes on the PAT0, and change the palette section as well.

Because this is the 1st frame of our animation, the key will be left at 0

8 ). Right click on Texture0 (Or wherever your textures are placed), and create a New Entry

9). On that new entry, rename it to the name of the 2nd texture that'll be used. Also change the key while you're at it.

(If you don't know already) The Key is the frame when the texture changes. In this case I set it to 5. On the frame after the 5th one, the texture will change.

10). If desired, repeat step 9 for the 3rd frame, 4th frame and so forth. You may reuse textures you've already used. Take note the key must be higher than 5 since we set it to that. If we were to continue this animation (which I won't), I would set the 3rd frame to 10. And the 4th to 15. For this animation, I would change the textures in increments of 5 frames. But you can choose your own (Maybe even change it up during the animation).

11). When you're done with making your frames. Go back to the PAT0, and change the FrameCount and Enable loop (if desired).

For this animation, I'll have a kitty I drew run.

You should be done at that point. You can look at it in the model viewer, and look at your animation at work.

Notes:

- If you find the file size is too big, simply shrink the images to half the size of the original. That should lower the file size by alot. You'll easily notice the difference.

- Depending on what you're using the animation for, your textures might need to be a certain format. Experiment which ones work.

- It has come to my attention that Palettes will matter. I found that out as I was working on animations for a Stage I worked on. You'll most likely have to name the palette section the same as the textures. People with BrawlBox V0.67b will be able to enable Palettes, but then you'll have to switch back to v0.66b and replace the textures again to fix up the colors if there are any.

Alright I'm done here. Hope this helps. Thank you and good night!
    « Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 11:12:00 PM by A Bloody Canadian » Logged

ShinySpiritSeer
    Mega Kitten

Providing ideas to the community

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: October 13, 2012, 06:31:01 PM »

THANK YOU! I finally can animate azelf

mnsg
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker >9000 Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: October 13, 2012, 09:07:54 PM »

I do know that Toon Link has PAT0 animations that DO use palettes; for example, his eye lids are all CI8 textures.  Any textures that use the CI4 and CI8 texture formats will be using palettes, while all the other texture formats don't have to worry about palettes at all.

Simply put, if you're doing PAT0 animations for Toon Link, you must make sure that the textures and palettes correspond with each other, or else the eye lids won't look right when you test them in-game.
    « Last Edit: October 13, 2012, 09:25:30 PM by mnsg » Logged

ABloodyCanadian
    Ellipsis Abuser…
    Heroic Kitten

Background processes...

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: October 15, 2012, 11:10:01 PM »

I learned that lesson when I worked on this stage...

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=28250

The Bad Apple hack I made didn't have that problem because the textures are black and white...

I find that BrawlBox v0.67b has problems with saving Palettes if used for PAT0 Animations.
    « Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 08:48:02 AM by A Bloody Canadian » Logged

ShinySpiritSeer
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: October 16, 2012, 05:11:46 PM »

I learned that lesson when I worked on this stage...

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=28250

The Bad Apple hack I made didn't have that problem because the textures are black and white...

I find that BrawlBox v0.67b has problems with saving Palettes if used for PAT0 Animations.

It has problems saving mine, then it changes the pat0 texture to somethimg else

ABloodyCanadian
    Ellipsis Abuser…
    Heroic Kitten

Background processes...

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: October 17, 2012, 08:35:15 AM »

Something else? Elaborate on that...

But I'll take a guess that the colors got messed up. What you simply have to do is enable Palettes in BrawlBox v0.67b, change the PAT0 to use the Palettes, save, and re-replace the textures using an older version of BrawlBox. Then if you find the PAT0 Rearranged... Un-rearrange them... lol

It's either that, or the textures are the wrong format, and you need to change it.
    « Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 08:40:40 AM by A Bloody Canadian » Logged

ShinySpiritSeer
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6 on: October 17, 2012, 08:39:06 PM »

Something else? Elaborate on that...

But I'll take a guess that the colors got messed up. What you simply have to do is enable Palettes in BrawlBox v0.67b, change the PAT0 to use the Palettes, save, and re-replace the textures using an older version of BrawlBox. Then if you find the PAT0 Rearranged... Un-rearrange them... lol

It's either that, or the textures are the wrong format, and you need to change it.
    nope, it changes to a diffrent texture alltogether

ABloodyCanadian
    Ellipsis Abuser…
    Heroic Kitten

Background processes...

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7 on: October 18, 2012, 12:14:23 AM »

Then it's most likely the fact that you need to change it to a different format. What are you using it for, and what kind of model are you using?

ShinySpiritSeer
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8 on: October 21, 2012, 11:04:51 AM »

Then it's most likely the fact that you need to change it to a different format. What are you using it for, and what kind of model are you using?
    A character, Azelf's model from brawl

ABloodyCanadian
    Ellipsis Abuser…
    Heroic Kitten

Background processes...

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #9 on: October 21, 2012, 12:06:02 PM »

Oh, so you're texturing the eyes... Well did you make sure that the materials you put on the PAT0 is the one for the eyes?

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: