Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 93 94 95 [96] 97 98 99 ... 137
Author Topic: WIP PSA Workshop  (Read 704284 times)
Large Leader
I'm shocked I'm allowed to still have this.

• Awards Active Contributor Renowned Hacker Diamond in the Rough Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1425 on: June 28, 2014, 06:03:04 PM »

Edited the Wait animation from earlier

Forgot to make the fist form during the animation, but that's an easy fix. I think I should fix the arm a bit, but it's a minor inconvenience. Will work on the Attack11 again.

Quote from: Miacis
    In other words, LURK MORE.
    Quote from: LC-DDM
    In other news, birds fly, sun shines, fishes swim, and the sky is [censored]ing BLUE.
    3. ... You seriously don't know who Clinton is?
    Quote from: Haseyo
    If only hacking Brawl paid bills.
    Quote from: Nanobuds
    O snap
    Quote from: DrPanda
    But you are in a Smash Bros. thread.
    You can't have an opinion here.

BlueBrain
    God Kitten

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Super Saiyan Topic >9000 Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1426 on: June 29, 2014, 05:31:46 AM »

it almost looks like he's slapping himself... i think the "quick" part, is WAY too quick...

DrunkRussian
    Extreme Kitten

Resident Brawl Modding Weeb.

• Awards Hot Topic Ceiling Cat

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1427 on: June 29, 2014, 09:15:38 AM »

If this is a wait1, his non-weapon arm should just kind of hang by his side. The motion it has right now looks out of place

PSN:Undead_Baan
    My Youtube:http://www.youtube.com/channel/DrunkenRussianGaming
    Contains Hacks,Naruto Storm stuff, and other [censored]
    Current projects being worked on:Smash 4 Cloud,Gintok Sakata,Shishio Makoto,Deidara,Kenpachi Remake,Ryuko Matoi, Grimmjow, Hollow Ichigo V2

Large Leader

• Awards Active Contributor Renowned Hacker Diamond in the Rough Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1428 on: June 29, 2014, 11:21:14 AM »

it almost looks like he's slapping himself... i think the "quick" part, is WAY too quick...

I'm going to use psa to slow it down to at least half. That and like I said, he'll lake a fist before the fast part.

If this is a wait1, his non-weapon arm should just kind of hang by his side. The motion it has right now looks out of place

Its his wait2.

In other news, birds fly, sun shines, fishes swim, and the sky is [censored]ing BLUE.
    O snap

TheShyGuy
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic KCMM Veteran Heart Container Dedicated Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1429 on: June 29, 2014, 12:51:56 PM »

I'm going to use psa to slow it down to at least half.

Small rant about "I'll fix it in PSA"
    Ew.  I call this 'using band-aids'. I could write a bit about the idea, but the point is that you're covering up issues at the wrong place.  If you want to fix an issue, fix it at it's source.  In this case, it's not the biggest deal because the root issue won't propagate anywhere and break anything. -Lucky for you that you don't program (not talking about PSA).  Do that with programming and you're screwed. Bugs will propagate further down your code. The code get even more unnecessarily complicated and ugly if you try to fix the propagated bugs instead of the root bug.  The propagated bugs and fixes only happen because of a single issue that isn't fixed.  I used programming as an example since it's the easiest example I could come up with.

Just fix the timing by adding in betweens where they're needed in the animation, not in PSA.  I've seen quite a bit of people use the "I'll fix it in PSA" excuse and it's not a good habit to get into- not fixing the issue at its root. 

Animation Feedback

Can you upload Wait1?  It would be easy to see what's "too much" if I knew what the base animation looks like.  The axe doesn't need to move or differ much from how it is in Wait1.  If you were carrying a heavy weapon, would you move it alot just to flick your nose...with the other hand...? 

When the flick happens, the opposite hand and axe twitches which looks odd.  Don't have it move much in the first place and you won't have to fix anything.

Oh yea, instead of raising his hips/center-of-mass vertically, just have them shift more onto the back leg.  Have the hips slanted '\' that way.  More weight on the back leg (hip end is higher), less on the front leg (hip end lower).  This is based on the idea that people don't normally perfectly balance their weight evenly between their legs and feet when standing.  Since you use Maya, this shouldn't be much of a pain to do. 

Large Leader

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1430 on: June 29, 2014, 01:27:51 PM »

Small rant about "I'll fix it in PSA"
    Ew.  I call this 'using band-aids'. I could write a bit about the idea, but the point is that you're covering up issues at the wrong place.  If you want to fix an issue, fix it at it's source.  In this case, it's not the biggest deal because the root issue won't propagate anywhere and break anything. -Lucky for you that you don't program (not talking about PSA).  Do that with programming and you're screwed. Bugs will propagate further down your code. The code get even more unnecessarily complicated and ugly if you try to fix the propagated bugs instead of the root bug.  The propagated bugs and fixes only happen because of a single issue that isn't fixed.  I used programming as an example since it's the easiest example I could come up with.

Just fix the timing by adding in betweens where they're needed in the animation, not in PSA.  I've seen quite a bit of people use the "I'll fix it in PSA" excuse and it's not a good habit to get into- not fixing the issue at its root. 

All of my animations that I make in Maya end up faster in BBox, so I've just resorted to using PSA to slow the problematic ones down. It isn't a big deal to slow it down in Maya (just need to do a bit of math, honestly).

But I'm not willing to invest time on making the animation, importing it to BBox, finding that it's too fast, going back in Maya and then slowing it down, and reimporting it to BBox when I have the rest of the MotionEtc to get through (I want to change some misc animations as well), plus redoing most (if not all) of the coding. When the solution is 1 line of code that doesn't have the possibility of breaking ANYTHING, then I'm going to use it.

Animation Feedback

Can you upload Wait1?  It would be easy to see what's "too much" if I knew what the base animation looks like.  The axe doesn't need to move or differ much from how it is in Wait1.  If you were carrying a heavy weapon, would you move it alot just to flick your nose...with the other hand...? 

When the flick happens, the opposite hand and axe twitches which looks odd.  Don't have it move much in the first place and you won't have to fix anything.

Oh yea, instead of raising his hips/center-of-mass vertically, just have them shift more onto the back leg.  Have the hips slanted '\' that way.  More weight on the back leg (hip end is higher), less on the front leg (hip end lower).  This is based on the idea that people don't normally perfectly balance their weight evenly between their legs and feet when standing.  Since you use Maya, this shouldn't be much of a pain to do. 

I haven't finished the Wait1 (all the ones I made weren't to my liking at all). I'll probably redo the frames right before and during the flick, I don't know why the arm spasms so much (for some reason, whenever I import animations into BBox, some of the animations will have unnecessary HipN movement, which is easy to change, but odd).

O snap

Eternal Yoshi
    Heroic Kitten

Boss? Is that you?

• Awards KCMM Old Timer Super Saiyan Topic Active Contributor Former PMDT

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1431 on: June 29, 2014, 01:38:46 PM »

All of my animations that I make in Maya end up faster in BBox, so I've just resorted to using PSA to slow the problematic ones down. It isn't a big deal to slow it down in Maya (just need to do a bit of math, honestly).

-_- Have you checked the frame rate of your scene in Maya? By default it's 24FPS like a film. You need to change it to 60FPS in the settings BEFORE you start animating. Smash bros. runs at 60FPS, as do many games.

Using FSM isn't always a good option on common actions because it may effect the responsiveness of your characters' controls.

Large Leader

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1432 on: June 29, 2014, 04:10:17 PM »

-_- Have you checked the frame rate of your scene in Maya? By default it's 24FPS like a film. You need to change it to 60FPS in the settings BEFORE you start animating. Smash bros. runs at 60FPS, as do many games.

Yeah, it's at 60 fps. Either that or there's some other setting that wasn't in your image that I forgot to change.
    « Last Edit: June 29, 2014, 04:11:17 PM by Zed » Logged

O snap

TheShyGuy
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic KCMM Veteran Heart Container Dedicated Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1433 on: June 29, 2014, 04:18:18 PM »

Playblast it with Maya to see how fast the animation really is instead of Playbacking it in the program which isn't reliable.

Right Click on the timeline -> Playblast
    Make sure the playblast settings are correct -> [ ]

*Don't use the .gif format for playblasting.  That setting is just to set the image type per frame. Instead use something like PNG
    « Last Edit: June 29, 2014, 04:20:43 PM by TheShyGuy » Logged

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine

• Awards RAGE!! >9000 Hyperactive Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1434 on: June 30, 2014, 03:02:50 PM »

Left.

Right.

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

JamietheAuraUser
    Extreme Kitten

Deadly Flower

• Awards Starstormer Constructive

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1435 on: July 01, 2014, 01:55:35 PM »

The foot slide is awkward. Something that size should have to actually step the front foot across in order to make such an attack. (Something more human-sized and human-balanced could probably simply slide the front foot.) Also, the rear foot shouldn't slide at all. It should simply twist in place.

Although, I should mention that if you follow my suggestion about stepping with the front foot first, the move as a whole becomes a lot laggier on the startup.

"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"
    "We're the Mythbusters, we blow **** up." -- Adam Savage

"No, the solution is not to make a gatling gun out of bazookas."

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1436 on: July 01, 2014, 02:37:10 PM »

The foot slide is awkward. Something that size should have to actually step the front foot across in order to make such an attack. (Something more human-sized and human-balanced could probably simply slide the front foot.) Also, the rear foot shouldn't slide at all. It should simply twist in place.

Although, I should mention that if you follow my suggestion about stepping with the front foot first, the move as a whole becomes a lot laggier on the startup.
    Well this is a fast paced game, so I can get away with some unrealistic movements. Though I can try to make the left leg take a step when preforming the whip.

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

pikazz
    Heroic Kitten

Machinimator!

• Awards Renowned Hacker Good Citizen Pin Collector Helping Hand

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1437 on: July 04, 2014, 08:58:25 AM »

<a href="http://youtu.be/fNoXLRXIXx0" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://youtu.be/fNoXLRXIXx0</a>

I sure love module hacking

Stupid Tinypic :C

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1438 on: July 04, 2014, 09:04:11 AM »

You got Final Smash articles to load outside the Final Smash without crashing? o.O

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

pikazz
    Heroic Kitten

Machinimator!

• Awards Renowned Hacker Good Citizen Pin Collector Helping Hand

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1439 on: July 04, 2014, 09:07:11 AM »

You got Final Smash articles to load outside the Final Smash without crashing? o.O
    Nah, I got the camera control from the light arrow to work on her standard B attack if you hit a opponent

Stupid Tinypic :C

Pages:  1 ... 93 94 95 [96] 97 98 99 ... 137
    Print
    Jump to: