Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 123 124 125 [126] 127 128 129 ... 137
Author Topic: WIP PSA Workshop  (Read 702744 times)
SonicBrawler
Magical Girl
Overlord Kitten

Bae

• Awards Star Hacker Renowned Hacker Active Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #1875 on: March 04, 2015, 07:49:57 AM »

I finished it.

now i just have to go back and fix things up. i dont like when he goes to his left the second time. his hands spaz a bit and it looks odd. also have to fix his legs and feet. and his return to the start looks a bit odd. but im done with it so i can now fix stuff.

Quotes:
    Not all people have the luxury of being able to buy things whenever they want.

Some people are barely scraping by in the economy.
    Modding has made you guys so spoiled.

Afterthought
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Ninja Renowned Hacker >9000

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1876 on: March 04, 2015, 07:37:04 PM »

I like this animation, but I think there needs to be some more sway in his hips.
    But as you said, you're getting more accustomed to animating, so of course it's a great start.

so im just saying hopefully somebody can look into this if not ill probably take a shot at it later on because right now im too busy partying with some [censored]es

XxTailsxX
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Ninja

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1877 on: March 15, 2015, 09:08:58 PM »

Up-Tilt
    Fast and good for juggling

Up-Smash.
    Animation will probably be completely revamped.

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine

• Awards RAGE!! >9000 Hyperactive Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1878 on: March 16, 2015, 07:50:36 AM »

It's a good start, but you need to do a bit more work on those animations. Take a look at Melee Pichu's Up Smash animations for a reference.

I would also consider changing Up Tilt to something else, as your current Up Tilt and Up Smash look way too much alike.

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

XxTailsxX
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Ninja

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1879 on: March 19, 2015, 06:52:47 PM »

It's a good start, but you need to do a bit more work on those animations. Take a look at Melee Pichu's Up Smash animations for a reference.

I would also consider changing Up Tilt to something else, as your current Up Tilt and Up Smash look way too much alike.

I still need to fix the arms and ears but I think Im going to keep this

Side tilt full speed

Half Speed

Leon Exodio
    Holy Kitten

Im back!!

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker >9000 King for a Day

« Reply #1880 on: March 19, 2015, 07:08:04 PM »

a old psa that me and sonic brawler made 2 years ago i thought i lost the files. the psa is over olimar just need to fix some coding thats why the down b was not shown and need a idea for a final smash.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxS7KQsG6fA" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxS7KQsG6fA</a>

Carnage
    God Kitten

(retired)

• Awards Constructive Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Starstormer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1881 on: March 20, 2015, 04:45:30 AM »

a old psa that me and sonic brawler made 2 years ago i thought i lost the files. the psa is over olimar just need to fix some coding thats why the down b was not shown and need a idea for a final smash.

great idea for a psa i wonder why nobody tough about it before

my ideas probably arent very pratical but here it goes

A huge book from yoshy story appears below yoshy (yoshi is in the fold f the book) time stops and then the book closes and anyone cought in the closure takes massive damage and knockback.

Get several of  the enemies from yoshi story and make them run and shoot tuff all over the place.

Segtendo
    Local Marie Fanboy
    Special Access

Cold queen

• Awards Starstormer PC Core Gamer 128-bit Core Gamer Super Saiyan Topic

« Reply #1882 on: March 20, 2015, 11:23:15 PM »

I have an idea. Not the same game, but same series.

Have a giant egg from New Island spawn. Yoshi aims it like a normal egg and it bounces around, inflicting 10-15% damage per hit.
    « Last Edit: March 20, 2015, 11:25:44 PM by Segtendo » Logged

: SW-2632-7270-6724

Large Leader
    I'm shocked I'm allowed to still have this.

• Awards Diamond in the Rough Active Contributor Renowned Hacker Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1883 on: March 21, 2015, 06:18:14 PM »

Some stuff that I did on stream.

Wait animation (might revamp/redo):

Spin Attack:

Misc Animation 1:

Misc Animation 2:

IMPORTANT: I didn't edit the interpolation for any animations. I'll definitely edit them when I'm about to export them.

Quote from: Miacis
    In other words, LURK MORE.
    Quote from: LC-DDM
    In other news, birds fly, sun shines, fishes swim, and the sky is [censored]ing BLUE.
    3. ... You seriously don't know who Clinton is?
    Quote from: Haseyo
    If only hacking Brawl paid bills.
    Quote from: Nanobuds
    O snap
    Quote from: DrPanda
    But you are in a Smash Bros. thread.
    You can't have an opinion here.

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1884 on: March 21, 2015, 06:27:11 PM »

The Wait and Spin attack need a bit of work. The two misc animations look fine though.

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

Large Leader

• Awards Diamond in the Rough Active Contributor Renowned Hacker Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1885 on: March 21, 2015, 06:33:30 PM »

The Wait and Spin attack need a bit of work.

What would you suggest for the wait? I'm not too happy with it, but I don't know what I can fix.

And for the Spin attack, I'd personally edit the ending transition. But is there anything else?

inb4 robotic V:

The two misc animations look fine though.

Of course they are.
    « Last Edit: March 21, 2015, 06:35:03 PM by drogoth » Logged

In other news, birds fly, sun shines, fishes swim, and the sky is [censored]ing BLUE.
    O snap

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1886 on: March 21, 2015, 06:38:14 PM »

inb4 robotic V:
    :V

The Wait animation is rather robotic. But the spin animation should be a bit shorter. The spin should be quicker and the recoil crouch should be a bit more subtle.

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

Large Leader

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1887 on: March 21, 2015, 06:44:43 PM »

The Wait animation is rather robotic. But the spin animation should be a bit shorter. The spin should be quicker and the recoil crouch should be a bit more subtle.

Wait animation - damnit man >:V
    Spin Attack - I'm planning to add multiple spins when I import it into BBox. Those are there just to get the general idea. And I'll look into the recoil.

O snap

TheShyGuy
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic KCMM Veteran Heart Container Dedicated Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1888 on: March 21, 2015, 09:12:20 PM »

The spin attack needs to flow better, it's obvious that things go from one pose to the next.

--
    Before I continue, check out this guy
    https://www.youtube.com/user/AlejandroLuisGarcia

He talks about physics and explains them in the context of animation. He goes into forces, rotational intertia, momentum, walking, balance, weight shift, dynamic weight shift... a lot. Take a look at some vids and see how you can apply some ideas.

For learning purposes, try to apply ideas and understand at a comfortable rate, otherwise you may get overwhelmed.
    --

Back to the spin attack. After trying to spin like link, maybe his left leg should lead the spin. His feet are the foundation on which rotation is created, thus they need more emphasis. You need to visually convey that more. At the moment, his back leg just "lifts", then the rotation starts- it feels weightless. Instead, try to make his hips/body in the direction of rotation before his foot lifts. That should visually show that his feet are moving his body- it makes sense.

The slash itself should be pretty quick, I think you can get away with alot there.

The other key point to emphasize is the plant. Once the foot plants, Link still has rotational inertia. If he wants to forcibly stop rotating, he needs to plant that foot.  From your animation, it seems there's an "finisher" slash. From my attempts, I can get that feel only by planting the foot first which allows a stability (important) and that little extra "oomph" for the ending.

Fix those key points and you'll be fine.

As much as I like animation, I haven't been practicing lately. But, I hope the crits is still helpful.

Large Leader

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1889 on: March 21, 2015, 10:32:11 PM »

The spin attack needs to flow better, it's obvious that things go from one pose to the next.

--
    Before I continue, check out this guy
    https://www.youtube.com/user/AlejandroLuisGarcia

He talks about physics and explains them in the context of animation. He goes into forces, rotational intertia, momentum, walking, balance, weight shift, dynamic weight shift... a lot. Take a look at some vids and see how you can apply some ideas.

For learning purposes, try to apply ideas and understand at a comfortable rate, otherwise you may get overwhelmed.
    --

Back to the spin attack. After trying to spin like link, maybe his left leg should lead the spin. His feet are the foundation on which rotation is created, thus they need more emphasis. You need to visually convey that more. At the moment, his back leg just "lifts", then the rotation starts- it feels weightless. Instead, try to make his hips/body in the direction of rotation before his foot lifts. That should visually show that his feet are moving his body- it makes sense.

The slash itself should be pretty quick, I think you can get away with alot there.

The other key point to emphasize is the plant. Once the foot plants, Link still has rotational inertia. If he wants to forcibly stop rotating, he needs to plant that foot.  From your animation, it seems there's an "finisher" slash. From my attempts, I can get that feel only by planting the foot first which allows a stability (important) and that little extra "oomph" for the ending.

Fix those key points and you'll be fine.

As much as I like animation, I haven't been practicing lately. But, I hope the crits is still helpful.

I understand completely, and I really appreciate all your critique. It's always helpful.
    I'll admit, I didn't act out any of the animations before doing them. Doing them myself definitely would have helped
    I agree with everything you've said, now that you've mentioned it lol. I'll see what I can do.

What do you think needs to be done with the wait? Right now it looks really lack luster and just odd imo, but it's the best I could do with the little effort I used lol

O snap

Pages:  1 ... 123 124 125 [126] 127 128 129 ... 137
    Print
    Jump to: