Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Poll
Question: I reset the poll because i add more option, i also make the options more easier to understand , so what kind og gameplay do you want for Blaze ?
Same Speed than Sonic / lighter than sonic (-15%) / more powerful than Sonic (+15%)
Slower than Sonic (-20%) / same weight than Sonic / slightly more powerful than Sonic (+10%)
Faster than Sonic (+20%)/ same weight than Sonic / less powerful than Sonic (-10%)
Slightly slower than Sonic (-10%) / lighter than sonic (-15%) / alot more powerful than Sonic (+20%)

Pages:  1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 50
Author Topic: Blaze the cat - SOLar version, BETA V0.9i NOW on the VAULT !  (Read 298885 times)
Green Mii
Advanced Kitten

The reality-bending Celestrian!

View Profile WWW Awards
« Reply #225 on: August 04, 2013, 04:58:57 PM »

No beacause the .rel foolded the game.

If you put a .rel of Marth on the slot of Mario, SSBB will believe that this is not Mario you load but Marth.

And beacause SSBB believe you load Marth, he let you the acces of all the stuff of Marth, like the article and the SFX (who are located in a external file).

You can't use the SFX of Mario with a .rel on is slot.

Player : "hey brawl i'm Mario let me use my SFX !"
Brawl : "you are not Mario, you have the ID of Marth so you can only use the SFX of Marth, you can not fool me !! Wait, why there is 2 Marth in the roster ???"
Player : "moron..."

This is what happens, at least if i remember exactly how work the .rel.

I see. So you'd essentially have to make the PSA from scratch to fit the character?

Azure_Shadow
Extreme Kitten

Do not touch.

• Awards Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #226 on: August 04, 2013, 05:32:28 PM »

I don't know if Brawl will even load SFX from a character who isn't in the fight... it'd be easier to just use an Ocarina code to switch soundbanks. It takes all of thirty seconds to do and doesn't involve messing around the PSA.

Now available in blue.

DTST
    Lol Kitten

Please don't be femtwo

• Awards Featured Hot Topic Dedicated Hacker 128-bit Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #227 on: August 04, 2013, 05:45:26 PM »

I don't know if Brawl will even load SFX from a character who isn't in the fight... it'd be easier to just use an Ocarina code to switch soundbanks. It takes all of thirty seconds to do and doesn't involve messing around the PSA.

Naaww Changing SFX ID's is better. An example why soundbank switching is bad: You have Sonic on his original slot but you have Shadow on another you add Sonic's voice to whoever you have Shadow over then you replace it with Shadow's voice, but since its the sharing Sonic's soundbank Sonic will also have the voice. With SFX ID's that problem doesn't happen.

Click here to find out how to be the best PSA maker in the universe.

XChosenOne1
    Supreme Kitten

I am...The Grand Templar

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Starstormer Heart Container Famous Hacker

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #228 on: August 05, 2013, 11:29:31 AM »

Naaww Changing SFX ID's is better. An example why soundbank switching is bad: You have Sonic on his original slot but you have Shadow on another you add Sonic's voice to whoever you have Shadow over then you replace it with Shadow's voice, but since its the sharing Sonic's soundbank Sonic will also have the voice. With SFX ID's that problem doesn't happen.
    Actually after you switch the ID's and test them, if you put the soundbank code or have the {original chr.} vs {the rel port character}, sometimes you'll hear the voices mixed with the original character (Sometimes on FS, or victory(s)), Like for example if i use my Sonic over DK and battle Shadow Over Sonic, when you use the FS you may hear Shadow's voice with Sonic's, and since there's no way to replace the death sounds it would be silent.
    « Last Edit: August 05, 2013, 11:31:38 AM by XChosenOne1 » Logged

Skills: SFX, CSS, BP's, All mode CSP modifier, Challenger approaching Changer, Recolors, Porting, Amateur Model Ripper/Rigger, Animations, PSA, Textures, SFX ID Changer (.Rel SFX)

Novarek
    Extreme Kitten

Model import, PSA, SFX & GFX hacker

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #229 on: August 05, 2013, 06:05:43 PM »

The animation for Down B level 2 is now done (i haven't work on the hack yesterday, that why it's done only now :p).

Down B level 2 is a upgraded version of the down B from my first hack of Blaze (and the down B level 1 will be the same as the original hack).

So, the level 2 still have the 360° fire ball attack + a kick attack in front of her, then Blaze give a double kick attack in front of her and finaly with her hand, she doing a small wall of fire explosion.

Now i need to do the PSA for the Up & Down B and do some testing in game.

EDIT : the PSA (code) for the down B level 1 is done, same for the down B charging sequence (the one who determine if you will use the down B attack level 1, 2 or 3 depending of your charge level).

And now i go to sleep ! :p

EDIT 2 : PSA for all the down B is now done at 95%, the charging sequence and the 3 level of this attack WORK, i only need to do some minor fix on this move (hitbox size & damage).

EDIT 3 : i haven't work on the hack from the last 2 day, i was realy busy in my IRL, i be back on the hack tomorow.

EDIT 4 : Strange issues with the Down B level 2 & 3, Blaze freeze at the end of the animation, i think it's because of the LA-bit, i still investigate, also, i have start to make the PSA code for the Up B.

EDIT 5 : Down B as now fully fixed, long to find but easy & stupid to do, like always with the PSA lol, that mean now i have only the aerial side B and the Final Smash to do, i still don't know if i keep the animation of my first Blaze PSA for the aerial side B or not, anyway after that i have only the vis0 and SFX to do, yeah you know what that mean, it's the end of the line ! :p
    « Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 04:02:29 AM by Novarek » Logged

Next project after Blaze

Model maker are now officialy wanted !

Novarek
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #230 on: August 14, 2013, 05:58:28 AM »

New (old) issues spotted, once again i have some trouble with the transparency of the tornado...

This problem was back when I was editing the model blaze for adding the emerald model.

Even with all the stuff back like before (shader, textur & material), the transparency effect was lost, I said then "this is probably a simple setting that I did wrong, I'll come fix it at the end of development".

Now i am at the end of the development of this hack, so i back on this issues and... nothing wrong on the setting, everything is like before i add the emerald, everything is good on the model viewer of BrawlBox (transparency work inside) but when in game, the texture are white where I should have transparency.

Another stupid problem that requires a stupid solution, like always with Brawl hacking, i only need to find it.

EDIT : The texture of the tornado are now fixed, transparency are back, the shader used for the transparency was set to the wrong object.

EDIT 2 : I will include with the hack a SweetFX preset, beacause yes, in case you didn't know, Dolphin CAN use SweetFX !  

As you can see... :p

OP updated with some new screenshot
    « Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 03:45:36 PM by Novarek » Logged

Next project after Blaze

Novarek
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #231 on: August 21, 2013, 06:27:27 AM »

Small up of the thread, one of the sweetFX preset i will include will have the same "cartoon" effect as the upcoming SSB on 3ds, available for all the Dolphin user.

Left side of the screenshot is SSBB on Dolphin without SweetFX, and the right side with SweetFX with the cartoon preset.

« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 10:16:35 AM by Novarek » Logged

Next project after Blaze

DTST
    Lol Kitten

Please don't be femtwo

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #232 on: August 21, 2013, 08:22:53 AM »

Looks alot like Smash bros 3DS.

Novarek
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #233 on: August 21, 2013, 08:51:32 AM »

Looks alot like Smash bros 3DS.

Yes that is the goal, the other preset will have the same feature (HDR, SMAA, color saturation and vibrance and maybe a small amount of bloom) but without the cartoon effect, more like the Wii U version and maybe even better.

EDIT : the last big pieces of the project is on the way, the Final Smash, the vis0 are done at 70% now, after that the SFX and we are done ! :p

EDIT 2 : Color vibrance preset for SweetFX is now done...

EDIT 3 : The 7 SOL emeralds are now added into the external GFX for the Final Smash !

On the screen, the SOL emeralds was added to the neutral B animation, for testing purpose only.

« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 12:30:55 PM by Novarek » Logged

Next project after Blaze

Azure_Shadow
    Extreme Kitten

Do not touch.

• Awards Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #234 on: August 22, 2013, 09:53:45 PM »

the last big pieces of the project is on the way, the Final Smash, the vis0 are done at 70% now, after that the SFX and we are done ! :p[/color]

*Eager anticipation*

Apologies for having nothing else to contribute to the thread, but what can I say but I'm excited? Smiley

And that the Sol emeralds look awesome.

Now available in blue.

Akeno/Archer
    Middle Class Devil, Counter Guardian, Son of Sparda and
    Special Access

"You will not forget this Devil's power!" -Vergil

• Awards Diamond in the Rough Super Saiyan Topic Favorite'd Heart Container

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #235 on: August 22, 2013, 11:35:27 PM »

Awesome... Just... Awesome...

"Atone for my sins? I don't have any sins to atone for nor have I forced such a meaningless concept on anyone." -Archer
    Best color, most stars, and least amount of power. The good life.
    Learning sucks, yeah, but it's from learning that you can eventually create masterpieces.

Novarek
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #236 on: August 23, 2013, 01:59:25 AM »

Today i'm working on the transformation into Burning Blaze, it's a texture swicth and Blaze doesen't use pat0, but thanks to the vis0 i can reproduce the same effect, i can duplicate the bone and polygone who gonna use the Burning Blaze texture and set a bone visibility for the transformation, i have also the model changer event in the PSA.

The only thing i am worry about, is the memory size limit, the model share this memory with the PSA and the animation and i still can do some optimization in the animation and PSA file, i hope this will be enough.

EDIT : this was realy hard to do, even with optimization, the memory size limit was reached, but i have played my joker and reduced the texture resolution of Burning Blaze by 25% and.... you gonna have Burning Blaze in the Final Smash !!!

But the sad news in that story, i will need to add that new vis0 entry in each animation   Oh shi~

Also, i will add some new screeshot of Burning Blaze today.

« Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 08:04:48 AM by Novarek » Logged

Next project after Blaze

TheBlueBlur
    Mega Kitten

Pm me if you want to add me in Pokemon X/Y

• Awards Dedicated Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #237 on: August 23, 2013, 08:12:08 AM »

OMG I WANT BLAZE NAOW! Awesome Face

Novarek
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #238 on: August 23, 2013, 10:23:40 AM »

As promised, one screeshot of Burning Blaze, like for the screeshot of the emeralds, this one was take on the neutral B move, for testing purpose only.

Also for comparison, the same screnshot without the SweetFX color vibrance preset.

Next project after Blaze

DTST
    Lol Kitten

Please don't be femtwo

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #239 on: August 23, 2013, 03:02:26 PM »

Lookin good

Pages:  1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 50
    Print
    Jump to: