Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Poll
Question: You guys don't talk enough. :l Is this awesome, though?
HELL YEAH! - 10 (50%)
Yes. - 2 (10%)
It's Okay... - 4 (20%)
No. (Explain why, please) - 0 (0%)
WTF IS THIS BS?! - 4 (20%)
Total Voters: 20

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: EV-Trained Light Ball Pikachu: A Pikachu hack for all the Pokenerds out there :D  (Read 8562 times)
Muhznit
Advanced Kitten

IGNITION OF INVIGORATION!

View Profile Awards
« on: December 21, 2009, 02:28:47 PM »

Introducing...
EV-trained Light Ball Pikachu
(aka a Super Nerd's Pikachu or EVL Pikachu)

I seriously hope someone knows what I mean by that title.   This is my attempt at creating a Pikachu more true to the pokemon world. A "Canonchu", if you will. This is a rather minimal hack, based on the info on Bulbapedia's entries only. I'm very familiar with Pikachu's DPPt movepool and I'm well aware that some of these moves cannot be learned. Some make perfect sense (Spark) wheras others come from obscure events (Fly) and others are smash-exclusives (Skull Bash). I've made the effort to properly label (and slightly modify) his moveset to reflect the effects of these moves as well as identify as many moves from his actual moveset as possible. I apologize for the lack of screenshots, but this is really a amplification of Pikachu's familiar moves, it's difficult to convey the changes with pictures.

DOWNLOADS HERE!
Note: "Level" is just my fancy way of saying version. Yes, there will be a Level 100 when the time comes.

Changes:
Level 3->Level 4:
-UpB's Range is longer (A little less than half of Battlefield).
-FSmash's Sourspot (the Ball) now has a trajectory of 39, KBG of 80. You can kill with it, but it's still the weakest part of the FSmash.
-DSmash has more hits and launches directly upward when done. Is not SDI-able when Taunt-charged.
-Dash A's has IASA 18 frames after hitbox termination instead of 16.
-Dial A 's KBG went from 30 to 23.
-Landing Bair's ending Lag removed.
-DTilt pulls opponent closer.
-Up Smash's weak hit pulls opponent closer.

Level 2->Level 3:
-Charge System implemented. Up taunt charges Pikachu, which makes his next electric attack do doubled damage. The next electric attack also has doubled hitlag, however, enabling easier DI. Down B hit (Thunderbolt hitting Pikachu) has QUADRUPLED hitlag, but an SDI multiplier of zero and a trajectory of 270; either spiking them in the air, or setting them up for a second Thunderbolt.
-Dair (Shockwave) damage reduced back to 4 from 8.
-Up B (Agility) now cancels into attacks even faster than QAC when finished just above the ground. Somewhat similar to Lucas's PKT2 cancel. Selecting a second direction is faster by 3 frames, and new graphic effects (hopefully reminiscent of N64 days) have been added.
-Side B (Skull Bash) has modified graphic effects and makes Pikachu flash a lot. I tried to make it LOOK more powerful. It also has the same wall-cancel shenanigans that warrenc285's Pichu has.
-Swift has been removed. It never really fit all that well anyways.
-Bair now IASAs earlier.

Level 1>Level 2:
Moveset (courtesy of Fool's Gil/LigSloof):
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVz2OUDGgm0" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVz2OUDGgm0</a>

-UpB's hitboxes removed.
-Bair's direction reversed and straightened.

Regular Pikachu>Level 1:
-Dial A has no hitlag and half damage.
-Dash A has early IASA frames.
-DTilt trips easier
-UpTilt and Uair do increased shield damage.
-Uair has zero landing lag.
-UpSmash has a 1/3 chance of doing increased shield damage.
-Nair always sweetspots with 80 BKB instead of 64. You get  4 damage each use.
-Dair spikes. Landing Dair launches upwards.
-Bair moves Pikachu forwards.
-Bthrow has lower angle and strength.
-Walljump height and length increased slightly.
-Skull Bash has Super Armor.

What it feels like
Pikachu is full of crazy acrobatics now. You can Agility (Up+B) backwards, then forward, jump into a Bair to move you backwards, then Skull Bash foward. In fact, is is suddenly a good idea to finish it just above the ground, like Lucas's PKT2; because now instead of going into the land disabled animation, it goes into stand immediately, Mindgames, anyone? Also, I removed Up+B's hitboxes, so you can't damage with it... sorry QAL-lovers. But hey, the Jab lock is actually easier to pull because of Dair's spiking capabilities now. Hell, you don't really need locks. Pikachu is a beast with chaingrabs. You have FThrow to move forward with the CG, DThrow to stay put, and now BThrow to reverse it. UpThrow is still a "meh" Thunder setup. Pikachu also has a nice arsenal of tail tricks now. Short-Hop Uair is like Martha's Fair, but weaker and lagless. DTilt consistently trips. Uair and UTilt both do buttloads of shield damage. For killing, in addition to the Dair Spike; you now have increased killing power with a constantly sweet-spotted Nair (at the cost of 4 damage to you); and Skull Bash has super armor charging frames before you get 13.2 pounds of yellow rat to the face.

Swimming is now known as Surfing. And for those not familiar with the games, Surf does double damage to pokemon using Dive. Well, I haven't gotten the hang of PSA and so far, you have one hitbox around Pikachu as he swims, and it is an extremely weak spike. I haven't killed with it yet, but it is fun swimming juuust over your opponent so they can't get out of the water. Useless? Kinda. Lovely? Oh yes.

Shenanigans you should try:
-Bair->Uair->UTilt->Dair
-Bair->Footstool->Taunt-Charged Thunder Spike
-Dash Attack->Bthrow->Dthrow->Nair
-Dthrow->DTilt->FSmash

-DSmash near a Unira and watch your opponent take 65 damage points of pointy lightning rape.
-Unleash a Taunt-Charged FSmash on a Hothead and watch the carnage. Use UpB to camp on the ledge when someone reflects it at you.
-Get a Timer and figure out how to hit someone with all three Smashes.
-Drop a Smart Bomb and Charge a Skull Bash so you crash into anyone who got launched by it.
-Get a Poison Mushroom and UpB/QAC around your opponent repeatedly like the Fairy Egg-group electric rat you are.
-Grab a gooey bomb, wait a little, then UpB through your opponent so it sticks to them while you're running around like an idiot.
-Unleash a Taunt-Charged Thunder on a Blast Box and smile when everyone dies but you.
-Use the Fan and DTilt to conduct a DOUBLE MEANING MUSICAL BEATDOWN.

Detailed Moveset Changes
Dial A: Quick Attack
The attack comes out with 0 hitlag and half damage. You can take a person from 0 to 20 in about a seconds' exposure time.
Dash: Headbutt
At first All I wanted was a DACUS. Unfortunately my limited PSA knowledge became a factor. So right now it's cancellable instead, and I'm happy with it linking into nearly everything. Unintentionally similar to the games, it can sometimes be used multiple times in a row due to the "flinching" it may cause.
UTilt: Tail Whip
Does a large amount of shield damage. It IS supposed to lower defense...
FTilt: Mega Kick
I don't think I changed this.
DTilt: Tail Whip
The "real" tail whip. Lowers defense by tripping instead of shield breaking and pulling the enemy closer.

USmash: Iron Tail
You know that really weak hitbox at the back end of the attack that you can't combo or kill with that is overall useless? It lowers defense by pulling your enemy closer. Which is exactly like Iron Tail in the game because there is a 1/3 chance of lowering defense with either attack.
FSmash: Zap Cannon
You can kill with the weakest part of it now.
DSmash: Discharge
Everyone hates DSmash not because of how quick it is, but how many hits are in it. There are more now, but it does the same amount of damage. If you don't SDI out of it (which can't happen when it's Taunt-Charged) it will drag you in towards the center and launch you directly upward, making a PERFECT setup for Thunder.

Nair: Double Edge
If you notice, it now has slash-like hitsparks. The bright side is that it always sweetspots and has 80 BKB instead of 64. The downside is that it gives you 4 damage each use.
Uair: Tail Whip
Does buttloads of shield damage with the added bonus of canceling into anything when fast-falled. You can do with Uair what Martha does with Fair.
Fair: Spark
It really is kind of BS Pikachu doesn't learn Spark outside of the TCG. More hits added.
Bair: Fly
Ever watched that "Sailcat" thing on Cow and Chicken? It's kind of like that. Probably Pikachu's most broken move now. He basically turns into a Pikafrisbee and goes flying into people. If the idea of Pikachu spinning like a UFO isn't weird enough, imagine him flying backwards. That's what this is. Has IASA frames.
Dair: Spark
It spikes now, and the adorable little "Shockwave" you get from a landing Dair pops them up instead. Possible thunder setup at higher percents, but otherwise meh.

Pummel: DoubleSlap
I can't figure out for the life of me why it keeps making the "zap" sound. I want it to make the fan's "fap" sound. fapfapfapfap...
UThrow: Strength
Unchanged and unspectacular.
FThrow: Thunder Wave
I don't know what to call it. He puts you on his back and shocks you so you can't move until he's done, so... Thunder Wave. Note: Thunder Wave does not get a boost from charge. Unchanged.
DThrow: Body Slam
Unchanged.
BThrow: Seismic Toss
I want to make the damage and KB stay constant no matter when you use the move. For now it has a much lower angle at less strength. In fact, you can sort of start a FThrow/DThrow Chaingrab, then reverse it with Bthrow.

B: Thundershock
IT'S NOT CALLED THUNDER JOLT! THERE'S NO SUCH MOVE CALLED THUNDER JOLT IN POKEMON! Unchanged.
Up B: Agility
Agility boosts speed by two stages in pokemon. Agility in Smash has Pikachu move really fast twice. :l It DESERVES the name! Hitboxes removed and distance increased. Finishing it just slightly above ground immediately puts Pikachu in a stand state.
Side B: Skull Bash
Super Armor starting/charging, flashier graphic effects, and treats wall like opponents when you crash into them.
Down B: Thunderbolt
If I could, I'd give it the sound it had back in Melee. Unchanged, except for being taunt-chargeable.

Up Taunt: Charge
Boosts the power of your next Electric attack. Specifically, it doubles the hitlag and damage.
Side Taunt: Teeter Dance
It looks like a dance to me. :l Unchanged.
Down Taunt: Yawn
In pokemon contests, it's a "cute" move. In Brawl, it's a cute move. In pokemon battles, it puts opponents to sleep. Unchanged.

To Do
  • Temporarily turn Metal during UpSmash?
  • Make Pummel Make the same sound as the fan. Fap, not Zap.
  • Give the thundercloud the power it had back in Melee, along with spiking ability.
  • Make the other taunts useful?

Things I'm tempted to do
  • Give electric flags to Bair and rename it to Electrolevitate. Seriously, who else but pokemon fanboys and hardcore pokenerds will know Pikachu could use Fly?
« Last Edit: January 08, 2010, 03:08:29 AM by Muhznit » Logged

TheNevii
Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2009, 11:20:30 PM »

Actually sound really cool. Ask Smashboard's FoolsGil for a video, I want to see one.

Chimiu
Advanced Kitten

Ponies. That is all.

View Profile Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2009, 09:22:18 AM »

I love this idea.
As a "pokénerd" who has been highly supporting every generation in the slightly competitive-scene, I'd love to see this done.

An idea for Bair: In the "Pichu" project, bair was turned into just one backward double-kick. You could possibly ask around that topic on Smashbords or the one here for help with that. It could be an arial-mega kick or something of the sorts.

>~> Now all I need is a playable Weavile! D:

Muhznit
Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2009, 09:41:33 AM »

I love this idea.
As a "pokénerd" who has been highly supporting every generation in the slightly competitive-scene, I'd love to see this done.

An idea for Bair: In the "Pichu" project, bair was turned into just one backward double-kick. You could possibly ask around that topic on Smashbords or the one here for help with that. It could be an arial-mega kick or something of the sorts.

>~> Now all I need is a playable Weavile! D:
A good idea, but I like this bair a bit too much to turn it into a secondary mega kick. It's so fun to stagespike with it. Cheesy The moveset is really supposed to be an "amplification" of his moves, nothing swapped, just changed around.

In regards to Bair, however, I'm concerned about the way it works. You hit the C-stick back, and it sends you in the opposite direction. Not exactly what the user expects, or is it? Woud Bair feel more conveinient if I made it move in the opposite direction? Am I the only one that feels Nair's knockback is too low for the recoil given?

EDIT: Scratch that. Modified it so it feels right due to lack of input. :l Slow forum, much? On the bright side, you can now kill with Bair by a Lucas-esque psuedo-Pikacide.  Happy Face
« Last Edit: December 22, 2009, 07:57:36 PM by Muhznit » Logged

Muhznit
Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2010, 10:43:56 PM »

Bumping back to the first page with a nice little update. This time it is easier to QAC and Pikachu can now charge his electric moves with Up Taunt.

xmanfit0
Your Favorite Home Tutor
Extreme Kitten

If you're lucky you'll die without pain

• Awards Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: January 03, 2010, 06:16:09 PM »

Hey, saw what you wrote about the dash attack. If you want it to be a DACUS, here's what you have to do:
    Go to attributes and put the jump frames up. For example, Snake has a 9 frame startup on his jump. When I made it 5 instead, I found he could no longer DACUS. The DACUS counts on the jump frame startup and the dash attack.(Dunno how you should tweak the dash attack though)

Click on my character sig for a Guide on THP making, and on the Brawlvault bar directly above for my collection of THP videos.
    Brawl FC- 1634-5170-8615

thanyou
    Extreme Kitten

That guy who did that thing a while ago

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #6 on: January 05, 2010, 02:03:24 PM »

This sounds broken enough for B- lol

Good job tho, love the charge idea.

Muhznit
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7 on: January 06, 2010, 09:43:04 PM »

Hey, saw what you wrote about the dash attack. If you want it to be a DACUS, here's what you have to do:
    Go to attributes and put the jump frames up. For example, Snake has a 9 frame startup on his jump. When I made it 5 instead, I found he could no longer DACUS. The DACUS counts on the jump frame startup and the dash attack.(Dunno how you should tweak the dash attack though)
    Eesh. It sounds like I should just increase the lag on Dash Attack instead. :l But then again that's why this thread's here. I'm kind of just making random changes that I deem likable. I haven't gotten much of "YES!" or "NO!" from the members here aside from the poll. :l

This sounds broken enough for B- lol

Good job tho, love the charge idea.
    Really? I'm not sure if it's at that level. I mean, I don't even have a clue if this thing ranks as more or less broken than BBrawl Pikachu. And I'm not sure if I can make him worthy while keeping the "Pokemon Battle mechanics" in mind.

Muhznit
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8 on: January 08, 2010, 03:10:58 AM »

I normally try to wait a week between bumps. I hope that's enough. Anyways, I've added another update. I think it's sufficiently broken now. lol.

Who's the troll picked that 5th option without an explanation? <_<

thanyou
    Extreme Kitten

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #9 on: January 08, 2010, 02:17:32 PM »

Well, whether or not you INTENDED him to be broken, he is, which is exactly why I'm replacing the current B- Pika with EVL Pika.

*ahem* ANYWAY, this is still a very awesome hack, I'm certain other poke[censored]s like this just as much :3

Muhznit
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #10 on: January 08, 2010, 03:21:47 PM »

Well, whether or not you INTENDED him to be broken, he is, which is exactly why I'm replacing the current B- Pika with EVL Pika.

*ahem* ANYWAY, this is still a very awesome hack, I'm certain other poke[censored]s like this just as much :3
    I just wish they would say something. Also, off the top of your head, do you know of any effects that would be suitable for a "PIKA... DRILL... BREAKAAAAAAAA!"? Because that's what I want to turn Skull Bash into. I figured I might as well ask the other guy that digs giant robots. Cheesy

thanyou
    Extreme Kitten

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #11 on: January 08, 2010, 08:42:59 PM »

The only Gfx that I can think of that can be turned into a drill shape would be the green blast (Not the actual laser itself) part of the laser gun shot, coupled with some kinda triangle shaped gfx (xD)

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: