Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 14 15 16 [17]
Author Topic: WALUIGI TIME!  (Read 118056 times)
Watulio
Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #240 on: April 05, 2012, 09:14:18 PM »

I was able to put some sound to waluigi (only the ones when he's sent flying up and when he falls), I want to try modyfing waluigi a bit to be able to have voice when he wins as well as when he taunts, but with the permission of the creators , of course.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 09:23:46 PM by Watulio » Logged

Gainrrom
Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #241 on: April 06, 2012, 05:24:39 AM »

I was able to put some sound to waluigi (only the ones when he's sent flying up and when he falls), I want to try modyfing waluigi a bit to be able to have voice when he wins as well as when he taunts, but with the permission of the creators , of course.

You are able to add sounds? Interesting. How?

Watulio
Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #242 on: April 06, 2012, 09:05:50 AM »

You are able to add sounds? Interesting. How?

Used sawndz 0.12 and smash attacks

With sawndz 0.12 you can easily change a specific voice/sound effect. Some people ripped the voices and they have a specific number. pit's wave ID when he's sent flying is wave 17, so i change group id A then specify im gonna change one of his voice clips which is 1df. Then just put 17 in the wave ID and insert a wav. file.

And then to make the character stop being silent you open smash attacks, open the fitpit.pac
If you'd like to add voice with waluigi's win1 animation you look for it there and change events to sfx. Now you click add and where it asks you what it should do, you type 0A050100 and in parameter you type in 02C4, which is pit's win2 sound effect (waluigi just dances in win2, so I can replace pit's wave 26 with another waluigi wav.) you can use an asynchronous timer for it to start certain frames after the beggining of the animation or not if you eant it to start as soon the animation starts.

Long explanations but it is not that hard. Also, to know which sound effect you want to use with smash attacks you'll need this reference from the great dantarion http://pastebin.com/f635MwL4 .
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 09:19:08 AM by Watulio » Logged

Gainrrom
Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #243 on: April 06, 2012, 10:16:30 AM »

Snip.

Ok, good. I am not there yet; I still need to figure out how to make relatively complex graphic effects and animations (I am working on porting Sir Crocodile as a full-fledged character right now, and want him to transform into sand for some attacks), but knowing how to add voices will definitely bring the character alive. Thanks a lot!

Watulio
Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #244 on: April 06, 2012, 10:20:33 AM »

Ok, good. I am not there yet; I still need to figure out how to make relatively complex graphic effects and animations (I am working on porting Sir Crocodile as a full-fledged character right now, and want him to transform into sand for some attacks), but knowing how to add voices will definitely bring the character alive. Thanks a lot!

Good luck and be sure to ask people in the forums that work with the graphics and animations.

Gainrrom
Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #245 on: April 06, 2012, 10:44:09 AM »

Good luck and be sure to ask people in the forums that work with the graphics and animations.

Yeah, I'll do that as soon as I start back with this project.

MKHT
Extreme Kitten

This text is very personal, but you may understand

• Awards Famous Hacker Renowned Hacker Super Saiyan Topic >9000

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #246 on: June 29, 2012, 09:54:46 PM »

Yeah, I'll do that as soon as I start back with this project.

what do you mean as in "this project"

viewtifulduck82
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #247 on: June 29, 2012, 10:39:30 PM »

this is still ongoing..?

MKHT
    Extreme Kitten

This text is very personal, but you may understand

• Awards Famous Hacker Renowned Hacker Super Saiyan Topic >9000

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #248 on: June 29, 2012, 11:00:01 PM »

this is still ongoing..?

yeah it is, by me

Jhonnykiller45
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #249 on: June 29, 2012, 11:11:37 PM »

Hello ? I would like to ask something, I downloaded the WAA, and it works well, but, Waluigi's icon and name do not appear on the character selection screen or anywhere else. Can someone help me ?

Cucco of Time
    Newbie Kitten

The Quintessential Cosmic Chronos Cucco

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #250 on: July 12, 2012, 05:57:32 AM »

This ranks in the too-good-to-be-true category of wish-fulfillment. I thank you on behalf of all Waluigi fans everywhere for your magnanimous contribution to humanity. I feel like you've done something wonderful for me, personally. I've been playing Brawl a TON for years, and all this time wishing Waluigi was playable. I couldn't believe how real Waluigi is become as a playable character, thanks to all who developed this mod.

Okay, now that I've properly expressed my jubilation and gratitude, I have a few questions and comments.

First of all, I've noticed that when Waluigi gets hit by Lip's Stick...bad things happen. Specifically, the flower gets stuck in the air at the point of contact and the game lags for the rest of the battle. Those kinds of bad things. It's not too much of an imposition to simply turn off Lip's Stick, but this is a major glitch that effects gameplay that I thought was worth mentioning.

Questions: Were the fixes to the FitPit.pac that Snoopy posted earlier[/postid] (which is, btw, a dead link) implemented in the latest edit to the Waluigi PSA? He implies that he fixed the problem of Waluigi holding heavy items weirdly (which is not the case in the current download; he stands inside of them and they remain on the ground).

Eternal Yoshi, are those fixes you mentioned in your last post available only for the Diddy Kong cover? Would it be easy enough to put those on the regular Pit version?

Also is anyone still working on sfx for dear old Waluigi, or am I bringing up a long-dead cause?

Hello ? I would like to ask something, I downloaded the WAA, and it works well, but, Waluigi's icon and name do not appear on the character selection screen or anywhere else. Can someone help me ?

You can use my files:

To get Waluigi portraits, selection icon, and name for character select screen, put this file in private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/system: http://www.sendspace.com/file/4fdk54

To get in-battle portraits, put these in private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/info/portrite: http://www.sendspace.com/filegroup/d4PpQVcnFTlZA9y%2FMOvK%2FHpebMwpfo%2BrKWGE3iVdSwXC7GHjxwGWnA

To get his name under the aforementioned in-battle portraits, put this in private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/info2: http://www.sendspace.com/file/1l172a
    Just to let you know, to get the file size small enough I had to delete the graphics for the names of Sandbag, Master Hand, and Crazy Hand from that particular file. I doubt that will ever be an issue for you in any way, but I'm just mentioning that I removed these from the original file.

To get portraits on the result screen, put this in private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/menu/common/char_bust_tex: http://www.sendspace.com/file/nsce2g

These files will also provide the little Waluigi head icons for the map selection screen and the results screen. Also a mushroom emblem for the character select screen and the in-battle display. Unfortunately, I have yet to determine how to replace Pit's emblem on the results screen, or his name and emblem on the in-battle screen for modes other than multi-player.
    « Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 03:53:27 PM by Cucco of Time » Logged

Pages:  1 ... 14 15 16 [17]
    Print
    Jump to: