Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15
Author Topic: Super Sawndz!  (Read 184159 times)
Uikri
Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #180 on: November 19, 2013, 10:58:50 PM »

Shoot, sorry I accidentally ignored your question, haha.
It uses .sawnd files, something I've never heard of before. 0_o But it CREATES them for you, so don't worry. You also need to go into your "pf" folder on your SD and create a new folder there called "sfx", as that's where the files go.

No problem. But uh, what audio files can it make .sawnd files from? .wav? .ogg? .mp3?

Diddy Kong
Lol Kitten

chief

• Awards Heart Container Hot Topic Famous Hacker Pin Collector

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #181 on: November 20, 2013, 01:26:09 AM »

No problem. But uh, what audio files can it make .sawnd files from? .wav? .ogg? .mp3?
    .brsar only
    sawnd files contain more than one "wav file" at once, when you make sawnd files you are making a pack, not individual wavs for the game

Revan
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #182 on: November 29, 2013, 01:55:47 AM »

Hey i'm having a problem while trying to make .sawnd files. When I click Create .sawnd after selecting the character I want to make the .sawnd file for it gives me this message.

Sawndz 0.12
    2010-2011 Jaklub
    special thanks to mastkalo, ssbbtailsfan, stickman, VILE
    Incorrect number of arguments.
    sawndcreate command requires 1 argument.
    group id

and I cant seem to get anything other than this no matter what I try.

Post Merge: November 29, 2013, 03:40:49 PM
    I hate to post merge but I am also having a problem with inserting .wav files into the brsar.
    When I try I get this message

Inserting wav 005.wav

sndconv.exe v1.2
    Sound converter for Dolphin AX sound player.
    Copyright 2001 Nintendo Technology Development, Inc.

Sawndz 0.12
    2010-2011 Jaklub
    insert command requires 4 arguments.
    group id
    collection id
    wave id
    frequency
    looping (0 - not loop, any other - loop)

I saw on this topic someone got a message similar to this, and someone said to download the new Sawndz, but I've tried the latest two versions and I get the same message with both. 
    « Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 03:40:49 PM by RevenantGenesis » Logged

Personal PSA Thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=64229.0
    Project Pokemon: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=47219.0
    "If we save her, I am going to take off her pants and play Slip'N'Slide. Wicky wicky wick, wicky wicky wick, Fresh Cowboy from the Westside"

Mewcario
    Mega Kitten

I should reeeally get back into Brawl hacking...

• Awards Dedicated Hacker Favorite'd

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #183 on: December 08, 2013, 10:39:46 AM »

Hey i'm having a problem while trying to make .sawnd files. When I click Create .sawnd after selecting the character I want to make the .sawnd file for it gives me this message.

Sawndz 0.12
    2010-2011 Jaklub
    sawndcreate command requires 1 argument.
    group id

and I cant seem to get anything other than this no matter what I try.

THIS. SO HARD. What could be causing this? The program just won't create the .sawnd. Could I be missing a file? I have:

- dsptool.dll
    - empty.wav
    - readme.txt
    - sawndz.exe
    - the brsar file I'm using
    - sndconv.exe
    - soundfile.dll
    - Super Sawndz.exe

Is it just me, or are the people of Unova extremely generous?

SonicBrawler
    Magical Girl
    Overlord Kitten

Bae

• Awards Star Hacker Active Contributor Renowned Hacker Heart Container

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #184 on: December 08, 2013, 02:55:35 PM »

makebnk.exe
    pytgon27.dll

Quotes:
    Not all people have the luxury of being able to buy things whenever they want.

Some people are barely scraping by in the economy.
    Modding has made you guys so spoiled.

Revan
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #185 on: December 08, 2013, 08:33:32 PM »

makebnk.exe
    pytgon27.dll

I'm not sure where to get those files, are they in a specific version of Sawndz?

"If we save her, I am going to take off her pants and play Slip'N'Slide. Wicky wicky wick, wicky wicky wick, Fresh Cowboy from the Westside"

Giga Man
    Extreme Kitten

Mega Man is in Smash!

• Awards Active Contributor

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #186 on: December 09, 2013, 02:13:43 AM »

I'm using Super Sawndz v. 1.0.1 (which you can get from BrawlVault). When I downloaded it, it didn't come with those two files SonicBrawler listed, but it's able to import .wav files and create .sawnd files just fine. I just have the files that the readme.txt said to have.

What isn't creating .sawnd files for me though is the Super Sawndz mod from this thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=61460.0
    I try to create a .sawnd file and nothing happens, nothing shows up in the folder I save it in. They're not invisible either. They were simply never created.

So, as far as I know, don't use the Super Sawndz from that thread. Use the one off of Brawl Vault, get the required files from the readme, and everything will be fine. If you've been using the regular one this whole time and it hasn't been working, then I don't know what to say. :/

Mewcario
    Mega Kitten

I should reeeally get back into Brawl hacking...

• Awards Dedicated Hacker Favorite'd

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #187 on: December 09, 2013, 01:05:41 PM »

WHOOMP THERE IT IS

...I fixed the problem. RevenantGenesis, here's the fix.

Open your folder where Super Sawndz was saved; the .zip should have also included the original sawndz.exe. Do you get an error saying that a file is missing from your computer? If so, download and install the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86). Chances are, you'll be missing a few files, and this pack contains all the ones you'll need.

The problem was that I didn't have all the Microsoft Visual C++ files on my computer that Sawndz, as a program, needed in order to run. Sawndz wasn't even running, so naturally, no .sawnd was being created.

Maybe this should be added to the first post? Seems like a couple people here and there had (have?) the same issue.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ORIGINAL PROBLEM FOLLOW-UP (solved, of course)
    I'm using Super Sawndz v. 1.0.1 (which you can get from BrawlVault).

The only Super Sawndz version I can find is v1.0. Both BrawlVault and this thread's first post link me to v1.0. And, again, I do have the files mentioned in the readme.

makebnk.exe
    pytgon27.dll

I assume you mean "python27.dll," right? Well, that python file don't do squat for me. Also...why do I need makebnk.exe if .bnk files have become obsolete (not to mention, only the Sound Replacement RSBE program makes them)?
    « Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 01:36:27 PM by Mewcario » Logged

Is it just me, or are the people of Unova extremely generous?

liuren17
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #188 on: December 10, 2013, 04:39:21 AM »

im new to brawl hacking and i got just about everything else down pack except the sawnd program and super sawndz...on super sawndz my toon link sounds like young link but in the game he sounds like plain old toon link same with sephiroth over marth and goku over pit please help me with a video or some type of better instrutions anybody

_Homemadegamez_
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #189 on: December 10, 2013, 05:06:00 PM »

I was thinking about calling this Sawndz 64 but it works on 32 bit as well! This is a c# wrapper for Jaklub's sawndz program. I've added the ability to
    • Browse wav ids
    • Preview sounds
    • Select a .brsar file from anywhere to edit
    • Shows file size of sounds and groups. Turns red to notify you size is over 0xDDDDD
    This doesn't come with sndconv.exe/dsptool.dll/soundfile.dll to convert .wav files, but it can use them if you put them in the folder. It also has some of the same stability problems as before(maybe some new ones!) so remember to back up your .brsar. Size limit of 0xDDDDD only matters for most characters, but coloring applies for all.
    When i replace sound effects sometimes other soundeffects get deleted. Is there any way i need to verify what the effects are going over?

Revan
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #190 on: December 11, 2013, 12:41:04 PM »

WHOOMP THERE IT IS

...I fixed the problem. RevenantGenesis, here's the fix.

Open your folder where Super Sawndz was saved; the .zip should have also included the original sawndz.exe. Do you get an error saying that a file is missing from your computer? If so, download and install the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86). Chances are, you'll be missing a few files, and this pack contains all the ones you'll need.

The problem was that I didn't have all the Microsoft Visual C++ files on my computer that Sawndz, as a program, needed in order to run. Sawndz wasn't even running, so naturally, no .sawnd was being created.

Maybe this should be added to the first post? Seems like a couple people here and there had (have?) the same issue.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ORIGINAL PROBLEM FOLLOW-UP (solved, of course)
    The only Super Sawndz version I can find is v1.0. Both BrawlVault and this thread's first post link me to v1.0. And, again, I do have the files mentioned in the readme.

I assume you mean "python27.dll," right? Well, that python file don't do squat for me. Also...why do I need makebnk.exe if .bnk files have become obsolete (not to mention, only the Sound Replacement RSBE program makes them)?

Awesome thank you so much, I'm gonna try this out right now and see how it goes.

EDIT: Works perfectly for me, thanks again.
    « Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 12:55:45 PM by RevenantGenesis » Logged

Red6095
    Cure Blogator
    Special Access

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #191 on: December 21, 2013, 12:24:13 PM »

Is anyone else getting this error?
    Select File->Open BRSAR to begin.
    System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Índice fuera de los límites de la matriz.
       en BrawlLib.SSBB.ResourceNodes.RWSDNode.OnPopulate()
       en BrawlLib.SSBB.ResourceNodes.ResourceNode.get_Chil dren()
       en BrawlLib.SSBB.ResourceNodes.ResourceNode.FindChil d(String path, Boolean searchChildren)
       en BrawlSoundConverter.brsar.LoadTreeView(TreeView treeView)
       en BrawlSoundConverter.Form1.loadTreeView()
    I don't know what it could be, I searched through all the thread and I found nothing. Any help, please? It appears right after I open the .BRSAR :/
    Also after that whenever I open the program it shows the same error without even asking me to open anything. I tried running it with admin. powers and with WXP compatibility pack 3, 2 and W7 and nothing.
    I have Windows 8, but it did work before, now it just won't for some reason.

Also I DO have the three files from the original sawndz: sndconv.exe, soundfile.dll and dsptool.dll. So that's not the problem this time.
    « Last Edit: December 21, 2013, 12:26:16 PM by Red6095 » Logged

I have no imagination enough to think of a signature :<

WwwWario
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #192 on: December 24, 2013, 09:30:29 AM »

Does it work with PAL?

Jerg
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #193 on: December 31, 2013, 06:04:46 AM »

Is anyone else getting this error?I don't know what it could be, I searched through all the thread and I found nothing. Any help, please? It appears right after I open the .BRSAR :/
    Also after that whenever I open the program it shows the same error without even asking me to open anything. I tried running it with admin. powers and with WXP compatibility pack 3, 2 and W7 and nothing.
    I have Windows 8, but it did work before, now it just won't for some reason.

Also I DO have the three files from the original sawndz: sndconv.exe, soundfile.dll and dsptool.dll. So that's not the problem this time.
    If Super Sawndz crashed/freezed when you replaced something (like when I tried to replace Lucario sounds with those from Project Melee Mewtwo), it always happens. If you had a backup of the .BRSAR, just open it and try to replace sounds again.

Red6095
    Cure Blogator
    Special Access

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #194 on: January 21, 2014, 11:05:55 PM »

Well, it seems that my BRSAR was corrupt. I redownloaded it and then no problem. Sorry. Dx

I have no imagination enough to think of a signature :<

Pages:  1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15
    Print
    Jump to: