Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: Shadow Plus - A Small Side Project  (Read 27509 times)
Kaye Cruiser
Waveshocker Sigma
Holy Kitten

• Awards KCMM Old Timer Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker >9000

• View Profile Awards
    « on: December 25, 2009, 06:13:34 PM »

Just to say this ahead of, the original moveset I'm using as a base, CC Shadow 3.0, was created by the one and only Jose Gallardo.

Now for some copypasta from Smashboards :3

I'm just doing my own little side project since I couldn't stand how CC Shadow was. It's like he was both broken and underpowered at the same time, at least for Brawl+. So I got rid of the broken stuff (spawn items, taunt heal, running causing damage), fixed some of the moves t work better for Brawl+ (mainly his standard combo, F-smash and all landing lag), and got rid of his cheap neutral B that takes him back to the center of the stage. Plus decreased his speed from however high ti was down to 4 and raised his stopping velocity for less of a slide, but still some.

At the point I am now, I basically have an actual balanced CC Shadow 3.0 that works great in Brawl+ GSH2...now I'm stuck because I'm thinking of what new moves to do. I like him as he is, but I'm sure it won't be enough for other people, so I at least want to start with the specials first. Down B will stay the same and I might make Up-B teleport, though it'll still be the same. I'm not sure with to do with air Neutral-B or Side-B. I also added in, took out and fixed certain sounds and graphics wherever I saw necessary. (Nono, not flashy stuff.) Shadow won't talk so we aren't playing as him a Shadow with Sonic's voice. He still has his death and FS voice clips, but that can't be helped. Oh, and he has a new Up-taunt from Mastalko's animation, so I added some gfx and sfx to that to make it cooler.

Basically I'm going to same route I did when I made Hyper Sonic, except this one is balanced. XD If you or anybody else has any suggestions, be sure to let me know so I can help out with all of this, and so we all can have a Shadow who isn't freakin' cheap or annoyingly underpowered. :3

Here's the stuff I have so far.

And as extra, here's Shadow's own Victory Theme! :3
    http://www.mediafire.com/?iyx5mmmmmjn

EDIT: Here's the new updated FitMotion for those who don't want to go to it's post. XD

http://www.mediafire.com/?ntm3xdjitmn

This texture is a very slight edit and merge of Marvin's and Kurobit's temporary one. The shoes and stripe on the lowest spine are what's changed. I just did it to satisfy myself with a slightly more accurate Shadow, though the band on the shoe still can't be made to blend in with the rest of it no matter what. XD;;

I'll upload it if anyone wants me to though. :3

It's in there now, feel free to use it. :3
    « Last Edit: December 30, 2009, 06:56:50 PM by Wave Kusanagi » Logged

Kaye Cruiser
    Waveshocker Sigma
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: December 26, 2009, 12:46:44 AM »

Slight (yet tediously done) update for Shadow's cosmetics. Victory poses and all appropriate animations given the correct eyes and expression for Shadow. This way he won't look too happy while doing side taunt, or won't randomly move his lips during the victory poses. Got rid of the blinding flash on Up-B and fixed the timing for some sound effects. Changed down taunt from his waving finger to the impatient stomps, adding sounds for each step just to make it a little better.

But again, those are only cosmetics. I'd like to get some actual ideas for some new specials some time soon people. A couple of certain important people are kind of looking forward to this thing. A little help is all I'm asking for. >_>'

HyperrCrow
    Mega Kitten

Fox, because Melee.

• Awards Novice Restorer

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #2 on: December 26, 2009, 11:02:26 AM »

Well I dont know much about Shadow but for the down taunt when he stomps maybe we should add a small screenshake to each stomp to show how "powerfull" sahow is but dont worry I come back at you with some ideas

Kaye Cruiser
    Waveshocker Sigma
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: December 26, 2009, 03:28:18 PM »

Well I dont know much about Shadow but for the down taunt when he stomps maybe we should add a small screenshake to each stomp to show how "powerfull" sahow is but dont worry I come back at you with some ideas

...*sighs* I finally got a haircut today and I'm tired so I shouldn't be getting so overly pissed for awhile. XD;

I said earlier that I'm not doing any mroe cosmetic changes. I'll save that for when everyone finishes all the animations for Shadow. I've done enough of those for now in the moveset.

What I need to know is exactly what moves everyone wants to use for Shadow, special moves most of all. I was thinking that Down-B and Neutral-B were going to stay the same, plus Up-B will most plikely have the teleport effect, unless I can make it work like Lucario's and have Shadow move in any direction. Air Neutral B will most likely be a different attack. Side B will probably be Chaos Spear if I can figure out how everone would want it to work, but I'll make things a bit more clear.

For now, I'd like some input on what kind of attacks you want for the following specials.

Air Neutral B:

Side B:

Air Side B:

Up B:

Down B:

I'll fill them in with whatever is decided to be the attack later on.

Please guys, give me a hand here. I'm not asking for that much, just a little help and some opinions. T_T

Segtendo
    Local Marie Fanboy
    Special Access

Cold queen

• Awards Starstormer PC Core Gamer 128-bit Core Gamer Super Saiyan Topic

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2009, 03:43:43 PM »

Up-B: Chaos Control (Some kind of teleport thing like Zelda/Shiek)

Final Smash: Time Stop (Slows everyone down while Shadow kicks the snot out of others)

And I'm glad you used ShTH's victory music. Cheesy

: SW-2632-7270-6724

imObvioslycrazy
    Intermediate Kitten

DONT MAKE ME LOOK AT U O\_/O

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: December 26, 2009, 08:37:14 PM »

side B: shadow dashes past the enemy on his skates and spins around to see them on the ground. acts as a spike, (kinda like ganons side B but no grab)

just a thought >.>

Humble
    Extreme Kitten

Seriously trying to be less inactive

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6 on: December 27, 2009, 05:18:50 AM »

Well here are my ideas on specials for Shadow.

First off I think there are excessive amounts of GFX to go around, so teleporting and darkness seem a bit meh to me. 

Side B- I would say some sort of dash with his rocket skates, either like the above poster said, a short range spike dash, or a longe range dash more akin to foxes.  Essentially though, rockets and dashing should be involved.

Up B- If he has rocket shoes it would be a shame to waste them, instead of a shadowy teleport, how about a huge rocket boost?  either a large veritical jet flight, or a diagonal rise in which he arcs forwards and up.

B- Shadow flips over so that his back is to the ground and his feet are aimed to his opponent, and then he creates a large fireball with his rocket shoes, think ROBs Bair but with bigger fire and more pushback.  Not a projectile so much as a large disjoint. 

Down B-  Shadow does a counter, where he flashes and if he gets hit he instantly turns and [censored] slaps them at a 20 degree angle with high knockback. 

I could suggest ideas for his tilts, smashes and etc. too if you would like. 

Kaye Cruiser
    Waveshocker Sigma
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7 on: December 27, 2009, 04:37:14 PM »

On the ground, him dashing is a piece of cake. I can do that in a matter of seconds. However, I'm not so sure about in the air, unless I borrow something to work with from Mr. Weegee's Metal Sonic. -.o

Humble, your idea for "B" sounds too complex. Badass, but too complex...But we'll have to see if we can make it work. Though I planned for B to stay the same except for in middair. -.o

Down B stays the same

And Up B gets teleport because it's Shadow. He can't fly with his Air Shoes, he can however. However, He CAN teleport with Chaos Control. It makes more sense. Remember, they AREN'T rocket shoes, they're hover boots, or Air Shoes as they call them in the games.

It'd be nice if we could use his Chaos Burst attack from Sonic Battle though. o.o

HyperrCrow
    Mega Kitten

Fox, because Melee.

• Awards Novice Restorer

« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2009, 08:30:10 PM »

I agree with your idea for Chaos Spear
    And how about for neutral B on the ground maybe you should make it Chaos Orb(made it up myself)
    Have shadow shoot one small energy orb from his hand that does 5%-8% damage that explodes a short distance away
    If it cant be done I understand =)
    Ill try to look up for some stuff

Humble
    Extreme Kitten

Seriously trying to be less inactive

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #9 on: December 27, 2009, 09:41:56 PM »

On the ground, him dashing is a piece of cake. I can do that in a matter of seconds. However, I'm not so sure about in the air, unless I borrow something to work with from Mr. Weegee's Metal Sonic. -.o

Humble, your idea for "B" sounds too complex. Badass, but too complex...But we'll have to see if we can make it work. Though I planned for B to stay the same except for in middair. -.o

Down B stays the same

And Up B gets teleport because it's Shadow. He can't fly with his Air Shoes, he can however. However, He CAN teleport with Chaos Control. It makes more sense. Remember, they AREN'T rocket shoes, they're hover boots, or Air Shoes as they call them in the games.

It'd be nice if we could use his Chaos Burst attack from Sonic Battle though. o.o
    It is definitely possible for an air dash to work. 

Start with Sheiks backwards roll animation for the grounded version; when it reaches the frame where he has his back to the ground, end that animation and begin to use Snakes bair animation, but much slower.  As the kick animation comes out, add large fire GFX from the tip of his feet, to the ground, to the height of a short hop and the about one dash attacks distance away (essentially a large fireball) edit the hitbox on the kick to instead reach the whole fireball, and give it fire dmg (so it seems that they were hit by the fire)  When used in the air simply eliminate the backwards roll animation at the start, and go straight from snakes bair.  Make it so the move adds momentum in the opposing direction to Shadow at the same time Shadow performs the fireball, to make it seem as though he is blasted back. 

If you want it to.  Btw, I would reccomend at least removing the glowing part that makes him blue while he performs it. 

I personally think the "chaos attacks" don't be interesting or seperate him from the multitude of other sonic hacks out there, and that the Jet shoes would be more interesting, and less copied from other movesets. 

Do you have any plans to change his physics?  (weight, speed, etc.)

Kaye Cruiser
    Waveshocker Sigma
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #10 on: December 28, 2009, 10:30:13 AM »

...You know, it doesn't help that I don't know how to do animation hacks in the Fitmotion. Luckily I have other people I'm working with so I'll talk things out with them. Until then though, it's definitely a no go. XD Plus giving Sonic other characters animations...definitely won't look too good. o_o'

I just finished putting all the blue parts back in. Unless I feel they don't make any move look incomplete like they did before when they were removed, they're staying.

And I do feel the Chaos Attacks are more interesting, especially since it's what Shadow uses most of the time. So that will be my primary focus. And buddy, you may not realize this but separating this from other movesets is NOT the point. The point is to make a moveset that makes sense for Shadow. Whether it relates or not to other PSAs isn't that important. Especially since there are hardly any actual movesets for Sonic anyways.

Oh, and his physics already have been changed.

And for the last time, they AREN'T jet shoes. They're HOVER boots. There IS a significant different. Get your facts and history straight man. XD

@FalcoMaster

Dude, have you never played Sonic Battle? That's his trap attack in that game. He throws a orb of distorted space that either follows after him or the opponent. XD

Overly Epux
    Expert Kitten

snooPING AS usual I see?

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #11 on: December 28, 2009, 01:17:26 PM »

His >\< B should be the light speed attack, have him dash at enemies in his area after a certain charge time.
    EDIT:Also, he runs somewhat funny (I'm using regular brawl, so that might be the problem >_>)
    EDIT2: Alright I've got the entire moveset (I've played nearly every sonic game there is, I'd know XD)

Air Neutral B: Homing attack, just without the crappy charge.

Side B: Light speed attack.  Hold down >B or <B and have him charge.  After a certain amount of time he'd stop and you could release the button (like samus/Dk's Neu.B)  Then the next time you used the move, he'd dash towards the nearest enemy and attack him 6-10 times with 1-3% damage each hit.  Maybe cover him with aura to show he's charged?

Air Side B: Light speed dash- He dashes forward with his super sonic running animation.(It's been done by chaos and Kyzon o3o but I don't know if you can put him directly into the animation from his regular state.

Up B: Chaos Control.  Spring jump, just not spring, he disappears and leaves aura where he leaves and appears.  And when someone is there when he dis/reappears, they get frozen for a bit.  (Side Note: The Super Sonic De-transformation animation would work well there 8D)

Down B: The spindash.  Just leave it be.

Final smash: Chaos Blast!  Have the sonic transformation thing at the start (Maybe w/o emeralds) and have a large smart-bomb explode, with shadow as it's center and make the explosion 1.5-2x bigger.  Finally make him invincible during the explosion so his own Final smash doesn't hurt him.
    « Last Edit: December 29, 2009, 09:06:13 AM by Overly Epux » Logged

HyperrCrow
    Mega Kitten

Fox, because Melee.

• Awards Novice Restorer

« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2009, 05:51:07 PM »

@Wave Kusanagi
    I actually never did.That's why im so clueless about Shadow
    Only actual game I played that has him in it was Shadow the Hedgehog

lan
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #13 on: December 29, 2009, 04:33:32 AM »

if you could use wario's bike that would be soooooooooooooooo funny XD

ManikDX
    Hyper Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #14 on: December 29, 2009, 10:06:49 PM »

Dude Nice model and attack hack! hey if you place a character (ex:Sonic) over another charater (ex:jigglypuff) , will the another charater (Jiggly) have sonic's hacks or no.

Pages:  [1] 2 3 4
    Print
    Jump to: