Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Animator(s?)/PSAer(s?) for machinima  (Read 3725 times)
Mochtroid127
Mega Kitten

No one man could have all that POWER!

• Awards PC Core Gamer 128-bit Pro Gamer Active Contributor

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « on: August 07, 2012, 07:32:39 PM »

Here is my original post under the Attack and Animation Help section. (Maybe that wasn't the best place to put it. XP)
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=48829.msg994883#msg994883

As it says in that post, I can do some basic animations, but nothing really special. I've done some standing animations for most of the characters I'm using, but there are a bunch of them (a few in particular that are essential) that I can't do myself. I would like to ask if anyone can possibly help me out. Most of the main information is in the other post, but I figure I might as well go into a little more detail as far as characters and such things go.

The plot is based around 5 (6 if DK is considered separate from Mario) Nintendo franchises: Mario/Donkey Kong, Zelda, Metroid, Star Fox, and F-Zero. These are basically all of the characters I will be using and the characters they are over if any (Some don't necessarily need new animations):

-Mario series: Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Bowser Jr.(Ness)/Shadow Mario(Mario), Wario, Waluigi(Pit), probably some of Bowser's minions although I'm not sure which ones yet
    -Donkey Kong series: DK, Diddy, King K. Rool(Wario)
    -Zelda series: Link, Zelda, Ganondorf, Dark Link(Link/Toon Link)
    -Metroid series: Samus/ZSS, Ridley(Meta Ridley-Alloy), Weavel(Falco), Space Pirates(Samus)
    -Star Fox series: Fox, Falco, Krystal(ZSS), Slippy(Ness), Wolf, Leon(Falco), Panther(Fox)
    -F-Zero series: Captain Falcon, Phoenix(Captain Falcon), Blood Falcon, Black Shadow (Ganon), Deathborn (Ganon)

Again, not all of those characters will need animations. (Don't worry, you don't have to animate a full moveset for Meta Ridley or anything like that. XD) Although, I only really need a few particular animations to make this all work, I would like to go a little farther if possible and get some animations like the ones used in machinimas like Smash King that are basically different poses and movements/transitions into different poses. I also have PSA listed in the title. That is because a couple of characters need some minor GFX changes. The main one is preferably a draw and put away sword moveset for Link similar to some of the ones currently available for Ganondorf, but just having his sword and shield on his back when he's not doing an attack or something would be nice too.

I guess, before I drag this out too much, I should wait and see if anyone is actually interested first. I would greatly appreciate the help and I don't plan for this to just be a simple finish 2 or 3 parts and then cancel the other 7 or 8. I have the whole thing planned out and written, I just want to get some animations before I do most of the filming. I've already finished the opening, intro, and first part, as well as most of the second part (These parts don't involve many different characters.). There will probably be 10 'episodes' along with a short prologue/introduction to bring some people up to speed who haven't played F-Zero as much as I have. I will explain more if anyone is interested, but I've probably made this way too long, so if you've read all of this, thank you for taking the time. Smiley
    « Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 08:03:05 PM by Mochtroid127 » Logged

ABloodyCanadian
    Ellipsis Abuser…
    Heroic Kitten

Background processes...

• Awards KCMM Veteran Super Saiyan Topic Hey! Listen! Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: August 08, 2012, 12:19:52 AM »

Any specifics?

Kienamaru
    Brawl Minus Developer
    Holy Kitten

Never Collab me for anything...

• Awards 64-bit Hardcore Gamer Hot Topic Favorite'd Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: August 08, 2012, 12:48:06 AM »

I'm listening...

Young Link recently broke 3000 downloads. If you haven't already, Check it out!

Recently released: Sacred/Fusion Dark Interloper Link.

What ever happened to Tifa?

Mochtroid127
    Mega Kitten

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2012, 09:30:45 AM »

Almost every character in every scene is being greenscreened for the editing part, so...

For one thing I need an animation for when Link beats Ganondorf at the end. The way it would go is something like Ganon charges at Link (Twilight Princess style), Link rolls behind him, then (animations start here) Ganon turns around looking sort of surprised and Link stabs him. Ganon would need different facial expressions here. He would probably have a brief shocked look on his face (maybe the one when he normally gets hit even) for when he gets stabbed, then he looks down and sees Link's sword stuck through him, and finally, he just collapses. (If it's possible, maybe his eyes roll back a bit as he falls or something like that.)

That is probably the main one. Another is an edit for Link's PSA. It would be great if his up taunt puts away the sword and shield, then any taunt makes him pull them out again, but just an animation where he draws it and a way to always have them on his back when he's not attacking would work too.

I don't think this is a PSA edit, but a new basic standing animation or two for ZSS with no gun and without affecting the size mod for Pavlova's Krystal. I've tried this before and I keep screwing it up so that when she's standing still, she goes back to normal size. Probably one where her arms are down at her side and one with her arms either folded or on her hips.

One other I keep failing to make myself is basically the same pose but with Captain Falcon. One where his arms are folded and one with them on his hips.

There are also going to be a couple of parts with Blood Falcon, who in the F-Zero games always seems to be smiling. >Smiley Another thing I always notice is that it looks like his triangle eyes are at a different angle or something too, but if he can just smile a bit on johnovision160's Blood Falcon if that's possible. If not that's okay, but I figured that would give him a bit more of his usual personality. http://images.wikia.com/fzero/images/3/32/013.jpg

The only custom animations I don't already have whatsoever are for: Yoshi, Diddy, Slippy(Ness), Bowser, King K. Rool(Wario), Weavel(Falco), Space Pirates(Samus), Black Shadow(Ganondorf), Deathborn(Ganondorf)

I think everyone else is either listed above, already done, or they don't really need new animations.

Kienamaru
    Brawl Minus Developer
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: August 08, 2012, 10:07:25 AM »

Hmm, I don't know too much about Model changers which is what you want on Link. Have you tried taking Razanak7's Dark Link standing animation? He only uses his sword on some attacks. Even if his stance is menacing.

Mochtroid127
    Mega Kitten

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2012, 10:22:52 AM »

I was originally told it was just a PSA edit, but actually, I am going to use that, I just never thought of it that way. I planned to use that just for the actual Dark Link, but that is a good idea. I can just change his standing animation to the one I already have for normal Link.

Kienamaru
    Brawl Minus Developer
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6 on: August 08, 2012, 10:32:45 AM »

Well model changer is a part of a psa. I was just saying I don't know how to do that myself.

Mochtroid127
    Mega Kitten

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2012, 10:40:07 AM »

Oh. I see.

ABloodyCanadian
    Ellipsis Abuser…
    Heroic Kitten

Background processes...

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8 on: August 08, 2012, 12:00:08 PM »

Well model changer is a part of a psa. I was just saying I don't know how to do that myself.

I've worked with Model Changers before. I might be able to do that part for you.

Mochtroid127
    Mega Kitten

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2012, 12:04:24 PM »

I've worked with Model Changers before. I might be able to do that part for you.

That'd be awesome!

ABloodyCanadian
    Ellipsis Abuser…
    Heroic Kitten

Background processes...

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #10 on: August 08, 2012, 12:11:45 PM »

The thing is I don't have TOO much experience with PSA. So I'm not sure if I can actually keep the sword in it's Sheath after the taunt. But since it used for Machinima purposes, I don't think you'd mind juggling multiple files.

Mochtroid127
    Mega Kitten

« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2012, 12:17:31 PM »

Anything would be great. Smiley

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: