Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Project M PSA's  (Read 7014 times)
SquareELinks
Expert Kitten

Cheese

View Profile Awards
« on: July 30, 2012, 12:31:06 PM »

I have two questions regarding PSA's in project m.

1. Can I use .rels to port characters over one another? I want marth over dedede so I can have roy and marth. Is that possible to do while keeping the gameplay mechanics or are they in the character .PAC files?

2. Would I be able to use other PSA's other than the ones provided such as Roy over marth?

Any help would be much appreciated Smiley

SSB4 Wanted Newcomers: Ridley, K. Rool, Duck Hunt Dog, Mach Rider, Sceptile, Chrom, Shulk, Bandana Dee, Ghirahim, Ray 01, Zero Two (Long Shot)

pieme619
Advanced Kitten

Potatoes

View Profile Awards
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2012, 02:38:31 PM »

Answer to #2:

If i'm understanding what you're asking correctly; yes. You can put the .pac files found in the brawl vault over the characters that project M is currently offering. All you have to do is download the texture, PSA, or model import in the "fighter" folder corrisponding to character you want to mod of you SD card. just make sure that you are overwriting the old file and that they have the exact same name.

ex. if you want to put roy over marth you have to rename roy's .pac as FitMarth___ (if it is alrdy not like that) and NOT FitRoy___. Some PSAs might have other things such as Fit___Spy or Fit___Dark. those should not be renamed and should be coppied dirrectly to the fighter's folder.

SquareELinks
Expert Kitten

Cheese

View Profile Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2012, 02:50:59 PM »

Thank you, but do you have any idea if the PSA would still have the gameplay mechanics of project M, or are they in the character .pacs that project m provides for you?

SSB4 Wanted Newcomers: Ridley, K. Rool, Duck Hunt Dog, Mach Rider, Sceptile, Chrom, Shulk, Bandana Dee, Ghirahim, Ray 01, Zero Two (Long Shot)

pieme619
Advanced Kitten

Potatoes

View Profile Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2012, 04:04:46 PM »

by gameplay mechanics i am assuming u mean that they balenced som characters. it depends what PSA the author used as a base or whether they created their own. as a general rule of thumb -  most likely not. if you replace lucario's PSA, u probly wont have the combos and animations that P:M made

SquareELinks
Expert Kitten

Cheese

View Profile Awards
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2012, 04:18:26 PM »

By gameplay mechanics I mean, the gravity and overall change in speed in gameplay that actually makes it more like melee.

pieme619
Advanced Kitten

Potatoes

View Profile Awards
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2012, 07:11:55 PM »

it will change with diferent PSAs  based on what original PSA they are editing, whether it be the P:M PSA, Balenced Brawl PSA, Brawl + or - PSA, etc.

If you want only P:M PSA edits, check with the author

Thany
That kinky ol' broad
Mega Kitten

It's Legendary!

• Awards Starstormer Pin Collector Featured Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6 on: July 30, 2012, 09:09:47 PM »

I can field a few of these questions;

1. I'm afraid you would not be able to properly .rel port someone with the P:M demo, as that'd require re-making your .GCT with the stabilizing codes added, and P:M's coding is a secret to the public at the moment.

...Except for porting over ROB, has he only requires a .rel and the proper stuff in his fighter folder as long as you wouldn't mind him not having SFX without Marth being in the battle(As that'd require the 'ROB has Marth's soundbank' code). Otherwise, Marth would be the only candidate for replacing, I'm afraid.

2. As for things like Gravity, various speeds or hitlag adjusted to fit Melee's environment, it would need to be a PSA made for P:M.

However, things like the ability to Wave Dash, L Cancel and to have the Melee Air dodge are from codes as far as I recall... At least, waaaay back when I tried P:M demo1 Marth in B+ for the fun of it, he could not do those 3 things.

I've never seen a Roy PSA of any sort that's made with P:M in mind. Aside from my own they all seem to be intended for vBrawl, but I do intend to make a P:M version of the one I've been working on for a while if that might catch your fancy :3
    « Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 09:12:08 PM by Thany » Logged

pieme619
    Advanced Kitten

Potatoes

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7 on: July 31, 2012, 06:16:49 AM »

if your want to learn or know how u could also just edit the psa

SquareELinks
    Expert Kitten

Cheese

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8 on: July 31, 2012, 06:51:20 PM »

Thank you Thany, and I will be looking forward to your future Roy PSA :3. I did actually manage to get Roy over Marth and Marth over Dedede in P:M. I used the gct editing program, added the codes and everything worked perfectly except Roys physics are just a little off.

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: