Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Dhragen's important message board teaser for the year 2010  (Read 6902 times)
Dhragen
Advanced Kitten

• Awards Hot Topic Starstormer Dedicated Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « on: December 31, 2009, 10:10:00 PM »

Mmmmmm.........Its...........Well............. kinda hard how to explain the things/points/ideas/etc i want to say to you guys (NO NO NO, I am NOT leaving again, so stop worring about, jeje,   Laugh)

Ok, for the ones who don't know me, i am Dhragen, one of the many members of StackSmash who made a large list of textures, suck as Boshi, Terra, Kefka, Sigma, Metroid Gang, etc. And now i want to discuss with the largest textures community about some things i am currently worry about, my plans and next projects, and what its your personal opinion about all of this. I think that its better to talk about all of this wall of text by points, starting with:

1. Stack Smash's current state:

Isn't a surprise that StackSmash isn't in a good moment right now. You know, days without updates, lack of more-detailed textures (I not say that our textures are bad, I really love the work of my buddies, it just that the detailness of DasDonkey/KCMM textures (which are really impressive, specially the ones from JuLz/Akari_Un) are kinda like "squeezing us" and i think we need to deliver that with the same), things that you probably know, that are making us, in some way, to lose public and the popularity/motivation we had a year ago.

And yeah, as you suppose, i am hardly trying to inverse that problem, and i said "hardly" because of all the problems i currently have with only one thing: My PC, problem that made me to lose like 3 new textures and 2 falcon textures i was working on the middle of the year, and delaying some of them. I am still with those problems, and i don't have the money to buy a new one, but that will not stop me to keep working for mantain the glory of my team, but sadly using more time for that, Tongue

2. Revamps of my textures:

As i said, as a way to keep my team into the competition (NOTE: FRIENDLY Competition), and also, noticing a lot of new skilled artist in the community, as a way to keep deserving my former rant, i must keep myself fresh, by revamping my old, and most popular textures, taking advantaje of the new posibilities we have in the texture world (suck as the Pre-Hexed PACs or the unmirrored PACs)

As you probably know, i made some, and there will be more incoming:

Some of these are already downloadable in StackSmash site like Sigma or the Ice mages, but others like the new Masked Man or the revamped metroid gang are still in development. There will be more incoming.........

3. Completly-new textures:

I know that some people probably will not like to see "just revamps and nothing more", so for that, I gonna start making new textures too. This time i still don't want to focus in series, but instead i will make texture for characters that i still don't made textures, suck as Peach, Snake, Wario, King Dedede, etc. and give a break for the chars that i have too many textures (sorry Ness, XD). Now you have kinda an idea of what things i m starting working on, hehe, Tongue

4. About me and my situation in this year

Sadly, its time to go to the bad part of this topic. Did I already mentioned how my PC screwed all my time/works with textures in almost all the previous year??? Well, i am STILL with those problems. Currently with my 4-years Packard Bell with Intel Pentium 4, i can't use too much programs at the same time or some potent programs, and sometimes i got the Dangerous Blue Screen of Death , leaving me with just the crappy Safe Mode, all of this due to the low capacity of my computer (with not-much lifetime too, like 2-3 more months i guess, :/)

And the other big sad new its: my awesome sabatic year was OVER!!. As you read, your 20-years old texturer will return to the college this year, which means less time doing textures, and more time studying :U. But, on the bright side, i gonna can use the Graphic Design Lab again in my college, which means being able to use the Macintoshs of that lab again, and considering that those use Photoshop.........MAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYBE I will have an small time in my class for a texture break and avoid using my damn old PC, uff (but first i must create an study schedule, just in case, Tongue)

Idk if I can do all this goals with these big problems, but I will not hetistate and keep doing my best for my, beloved "Texture Family", Tongue

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And that's all what the Drama King (AKA Me, XDD) want to say/clarify/announce in this new year 2010. Fell free to say all your opinions, what you think about all i said, if you think that i am just exagerating or you agreed with me in some things, etc.

and for end this So-Long Post........

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cheesy

« Last Edit: December 31, 2009, 10:23:09 PM by Dhragen » Logged

Freelancer now, WOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

shadowsquid86
    Mega Kitten

Person of Lordly Caliber

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #1 on: December 31, 2009, 10:51:50 PM »

I kind of wish that the major teams would just settle their differences and merge into one team with a good update schedule...

New textures are looking nice! I hope you can work through your issues and crank out some more. XP

vcvmajinken
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Featured Favorite'd

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: January 01, 2010, 03:29:38 AM »

Happy new year! nice revamps Cheesy

if you want that ps3 homebrew continues just share this: http://www.mediafire.com/?villtb9sane7r7s

Kef
    Mega Kitten

Demons Souls

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #3 on: January 01, 2010, 12:10:46 PM »

Good to hear Dhragen. Hope you ca overcome those issues with the PC, also, you said something about unmirrored textures? Can you tell where I can find those?

Jack H.
    Titles cost $5,000
    Supreme Kitten

Co-Founder of KC-MM

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Renowned Hacker Starstormer Heart Container

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #4 on: January 01, 2010, 02:35:02 PM »

Good luck to you this coming year, and I'm excited to see your textures take advantage of the pre-hexed pac files.

-Jack H.

Akari_Un
    Hyper Kitten

DasDonkey Team

• Awards Dedicated Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Starstormer Renowned Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: January 01, 2010, 03:17:07 PM »

That's Impressive, and I hope to this new year you and your team (specially you PC) keep the good work to  always has been made, (Srry, Google translation T-T)

Asuka
    (@益@)ゞ
    Supreme Kitten

• Awards Sig Contest Winner Heart Container Hey! Listen! Sniper

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6 on: January 01, 2010, 07:37:55 PM »

Isn't a surprise that StackSmash isn't in a good moment right now. You know, days without updates, lack of more-detailed textures (I not say that our textures are bad, I really love the work of my buddies, it just that the detailness of DasDonkey/KCMM textures (which are really impressive, specially the ones from JuLz/Akari_Un) are kinda like "squeezing us" and i think we need to deliver that with the same), things that you probably know, that are making us, in some way, to lose public and the popularity/motivation we had a year ago.
    Well, I think that it's a good thing to have such talented competitors, it makes people go the extra mile and try to deliver the best they can...

Also, it's not only stack smash, it's all the other sites that lack something too.
    ESH has a lot of useless posts, I don't mean to throw [censored] at them, but sometimes they only have teasers, written drama or drawings.
    Stack Smash is lacking updates, and sometimes quality in the textures, and it used to be my favorite texture site...
    KC MM sometimes lacks also new work from its members, but they kinda worked that out with the showcase.
    DasDonkey is awesome, but seems like their site is not that popular... it's hard to find any response to their updates.
    And there are all the other sites that (without offense) I don't think they have many good textures.
    Maybe it's that textures are beginning to lose popularity... but all the sites are having kind of a slow development.

Now, I really hope that you can keep on doing textures, yours are some of the best there are, and those revamps look simply stunning.
    Good luck to you in this year.

ItalianStallion
    Weapon X
    Overlord Kitten

Might controls everything

• Awards Good Citizen Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Star Hacker

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2010, 07:56:15 PM »

everythin looks great but my favorite is deff Masked Man for sure. boshi n sigma are pretty close tho lol

Pinutk™
    Extreme Kitten

It's Pinutbutter jelly time!!!

• Awards Dedicated Hacker Shadow the Pinhog Active Contributor RAGE!!

« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2010, 09:17:06 PM »

That sucks dude!!! Hope things work out ok Wink awesome revamps! I love your Boshi it's beast! =D

Please stop by my site!
    [PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]

Owa5489
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #9 on: January 02, 2010, 12:18:36 AM »

Your work is pretty awesome Dhragen, but I must say, as cool as your textures are, I can't find many of them on Stack Smash.

I can't find your Sigma or Vegeta, and I'm dying to get my hands on the MMX Stage you customized (the pictures are missing but idc, its a MMX Stage!).

I see you made a lot of posts there, I just can't seem to find any download links. Can you shed some light on me?

Dhragen
    Advanced Kitten

• Awards Hot Topic Starstormer Dedicated Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #10 on: January 16, 2010, 09:19:29 AM »

Your work is pretty awesome Dhragen, but I must say, as cool as your textures are, I can't find many of them on Stack Smash.

I can't find your Sigma or Vegeta, and I'm dying to get my hands on the MMX Stage you customized (the pictures are missing but idc, its a MMX Stage!).

I see you made a lot of posts there, I just can't seem to find any download links. Can you shed some light on me?

Did you searched the "HACKS" page anyway??? there are all the downloads of Stacksmash

http://stacksmash.kontek.net/?page_id=10585

Also, you have the option to use the "Released Content" link, hehe......

http://stacksmash.kontek.net/STUFFZ/

Hope that this can help you, and good luck, Tongue

And Akari_un, porque usas traductor de google para hablar conmigo?? recuerda que los dos hablamos en el mismo idioma, XDDD

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    NOTE: I think i will ends changing this topic to a normal user's texture topic, but first....

Micais, is possible to restore deleted topics from the graveyard??? I am....kinda lazy with the idea of make ALL MY TEXTURE TOPIC from the beginning -_- (even when was my fault after all... ^^U)

Freelancer now, WOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Hakumen
    Outcast.
    Heroic Kitten

Retribution!

• Awards Hot Topic Heart Container Pin Collector Dedicated Hacker

« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2010, 09:54:13 AM »

Micais, is possible to restore deleted topics from the graveyard??? I am....kinda lazy with the idea of make ALL MY TEXTURE TOPIC from the beginning -_- (even when was my fault after all... ^^U)

Why not ask the person who deleted it? <_<

And.... done.

http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=3559.0

(8:15:26 PM) Vyse: I hope you get raped by a lumberjack
    (8:18:16 PM) Vyse: >:|
    (8:21:52 PM) Vyse: Two of them.

ItalianStallion
    Weapon X
    Overlord Kitten

« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2010, 02:45:09 PM »

wait wait wait. theres so many different downloads for ur textures im confused. are the ones on stacksmash the most recent or the ones that Shadow just posted from ur old thread?

Eldiran
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Starstormer Famous Hacker Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #13 on: January 17, 2010, 10:00:39 AM »

I'm glad to hear you're still doing texture work, Dhragen, even if it's less than before.  Suffice to say, your Zero texture was pretty much why I made the PSA.  (as such if you want to revamp it, I would probably appreciate that more than most Tongue)

Anyway, keep up the good work!  You've made some of the best textures I've seen, even without the revamps.

ItalianStallion
    Weapon X
    Overlord Kitten

« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2010, 02:33:08 PM »

hmmm weird. i downloaded ur vegeta texture from stacksmash n it looks like the most updated one by lookin at these pictures on here. then i downloaded the masked man one n it was missing the metal eye piece. the one u see her. i guess the one from stacksmash was an old beta n u revamped it.

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: