Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Poll
Question: Gyarados Size
Should be smaller
Size is perfect
Should be bigger

Pages:  1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 52
Author Topic: Flygon Psa Released  (Read 186467 times)
Anivernage
Heroic Kitten

• Awards Ninja Super Saiyan Topic Starstormer Renowned Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #105 on: November 09, 2012, 01:20:55 AM »

Really would like to see some screenshots or maybe a preview video, but it sounds like you guys are doing pretty well with Ridley.  I thought I'd offer my hand to do a couple animations/moves, I'm really good with the fireballs and exploding stuff  Evil so Carnage just let me know if you want me to help out because War is nearing a close, and after that I think I might be leaving KCMM.  Anyway just wanted to pop in and give my two cents keep up the good work guys I'm looking forward to the release of Ridley  Happy Face
    -Omni
    no. you cant leave Oh shi~
    i havet sed you chaos cuz my pc isnt working. im usibg my phone to wrte this. <_<

and im 50% about to lose all my stuff Oh shi~

Carnage
    God Kitten

(retired)

• Awards Constructive Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Starstormer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #106 on: November 09, 2012, 02:16:17 AM »

why are you leaving omniscient ? its a shame we gonna lose another psaer

no. you cant leave Oh shi~
    i havet sed you chaos cuz my pc isnt working. im usibg my phone to wrte this. <_<

and im 50% about to lose all my stuff Oh shi~
    that seems bad  hope you can fix your pc

Carnage
    God Kitten

(retired)

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #107 on: November 17, 2012, 05:06:16 PM »

Ridley beta 1 Released

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=29746

the_randomizer
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Dedicated Hacker Ceiling Cat

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #108 on: November 17, 2012, 06:38:25 PM »

Awesome! The animations are also very well done!

Out of curiosity, how did you edit the move animations, did you alter the FitCaptainMotionEtc.pac or a common_en file (2,3,4, etc)?
    « Last Edit: November 17, 2012, 07:02:22 PM by the_randomizer » Logged

Kagemaru
    Angel Kitten

• Awards Starstormer Renowned Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #109 on: November 17, 2012, 07:28:10 PM »

Could someone make a video of this? I'd like to see it in action... I hope the animations look fluid...

The thing that pisses me off about Project: M the most is that Sheik's chain doesn't tether ledges anymore. WHY THE NERF? :/

If only hacking Brawl paid bills.

_Data_Drain_
    Master of the Dark Matter
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards 2012 SSBB Tournament Runner-Up Fiery Topic Good Citizen Ceiling Cat

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #110 on: November 17, 2012, 07:45:13 PM »

Alright... No one really asked me to give feedback for Ridley. But here I go anyway. This isn't going to be a full breakdown. I'm just gonna point out my first impressions.

First off, the presentation.

His idle animation seems odd to me. Him flying while staying still. However grounding himself to attack... I feel that him being in a feral pose while idle, crawling slowly for the slow walk, crawling faster for the walk, and flying while running would be better... Since he is very animalistic.

Some animations don't seem to have proper transitions. Like down B on the ground. He just suddenly changes poses very stiffly.

Speaking of stiff. Some animations seem somewhat stiff, or awkward. His down smash. Up smash. Forward tilt. Down tilt. Down B. Neutral B. Maybe a few more. And some are recycled from other characters. But this is a beta. So these flaws are understandable.

A lot of his moves need some GFX adjustments. All his ground moves pretty much. His down B needs a little more fire on the fireball itself. Side B feels off... Maybe it's the wind's placement?

Now for the balance problems.

All the aerials seem to have no landing lag, or very little.

Forward air's spike doesn't have a sweetspot. Most moves like this in Brawl do, typically at the tip of the attack. This makes it VERY spammy. Though slow, it has a lot of range.

The jab is too slow. It doesn't combo.

Forward tilt feels a little odd... Either it lacks the range I expected. Or it doesn't really knock foes back enough... I'm not sure what it is really.

Up tilt feels unsafe. It probably would be better if it wasn't made as a juggle move. And just knocked the foe into the air. But has little knock back growth? It also has very little range in front of Ridley. But behind him has some decent range.

Down tilt is also pretty lacking. It doesn't have high knock back at low percents. It has a lot of start up. And end lag. At this point, you're MUCH better off using down smash.

The dash attack goes all the way across Final Destination. The distance traveled should be less. it should also be noted that the move has very little end lag.

Up smash... It's not too good. It's slow, it has an odd hit box. And it doesn't kill Mario even at 150% damage. Unless there's a sweetspot I don't know about.

Forward smash... Again, lacks power I feel. And feels odd to use... Maybe more start up, or end lag would help?

Down smash, while not good at killing, is pretty crazy. It has a lot of range. Is super fast. Has little end lag. Deals good damage. And overall works WAY too well with his aerials. Especially forward air, since it spikes them. Putting them into some hit stun to combo into down smash.

Neutral B feels off to me. But I'm not sure how so... It is pretty good in the air though. Since it angles downward.

Side B... Besides the GFX. It's a bit odd in the air. Since you can use it again with having gone down much. So you can stall in the air with it.

Down B, besides the animation oddities I noticed. It honestly is alright balance wise. Though perhaps you should be able to cancel the charge with the shield button? And keep the current level of charge?

Up B... Well, I feel it's not finished yet. So I'll leave this one out for now.

Up throw is WAY too powerful. It killed Mario in training mode at 63%.

The other ones seem alright. Just refine the animations and GFX.

Other.

He can't seem to turn around in the air. This makes him awkward to control in the air.

His glide can be done an unlimited amount of times in the air, as long as you cancel it, then do it again.

He seems to have a bit of a hard time grabbing ledges... Or at least I feel he does.

Conclusion.

All and all, he needs a LOT of work. But I look forward to seeing him fixed up.

Edit: I may make a video to show what I mean... It's been awhile since I made a video on something.
    « Last Edit: November 17, 2012, 10:44:48 PM by _Data_Drain_ » Logged

3DS FC: 1762-2823-8581

Wii-U ID: Data-Drain Mii Name: Jiro

SMM Stages: https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/Data-Drain

KGN Nappdagg
    Extreme Kitten

I feel like quiting

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #111 on: November 17, 2012, 11:49:49 PM »

Alright... No one really asked me to give feedback for Ridley. But here I go anyway. This isn't going to be a full breakdown. I'm just gonna point out my first impressions.

First off, the presentation.

His idle animation seems odd to me. Him flying while staying still. However grounding himself to attack... I feel that him being in a feral pose while idle, crawling slowly for the slow walk, crawling faster for the walk, and flying while running would be better... Since he is very animalistic.

Some animations don't seem to have proper transitions. Like down B on the ground. He just suddenly changes poses very stiffly.

Speaking of stiff. Some animations seem somewhat stiff, or awkward. His down smash. Up smash. Forward tilt. Down tilt. Down B. Neutral B. Maybe a few more. And some are recycled from other characters. But this is a beta. So these flaws are understandable.

A lot of his moves need some GFX adjustments. All his ground moves pretty much. His down B needs a little more fire on the fireball itself. Side B feels off... Maybe it's the wind's placement?

Now for the balance problems.

All the aerials seem to have no landing lag, or very little.

Forward air's spike doesn't have a sweetspot. Most moves like this in Brawl do, typically at the tip of the attack. This makes it VERY spammy. Though slow, it has a lot of range.

The jab is too slow. It doesn't combo.

Forward tilt feels a little odd... Either it lacks the range I expected. Or it doesn't really knock foes back enough... I'm not sure what it is really.

Up tilt feels unsafe. It probably would be better if it wasn't made as a juggle move. And just knocked the foe into the air. But has little knock back growth? It also has very little range in front of Ridley. But behind him has some decent range.

Down tilt is also pretty lacking. It doesn't have high knock back at low percents. It has a lot of start up. And end lag. At this point, you're MUCH better off using down smash.

The dash attack goes all the way across Final Destination. The distance traveled should be less. it should also be noted that the move has very little end lag.

Up smash... It's not too good. It's slow, it has an odd hit box. And it doesn't kill Mario even at 150% damage. Unless there's a sweetspot I don't know about.

Forward smash... Again, lacks power I feel. And feels odd to use... Maybe more start up, or end lag would help?

Down smash, while not good at killing, is pretty crazy. It has a lot of range. Is super fast. Has little end lag. Deals good damage. And overall works WAY too well with his aerials. Especially forward air, since it spikes them. Putting them into some hit stun to combo into down smash.

Neutral B feels off to me. But I'm not sure how so... It is pretty good in the air though. Since it angles downward.

Side B... Besides the GFX. It's a bit odd in the air. Since you can use it again with having gone down much. So you can stall in the air with it.

Down B, besides the animation oddities I noticed. It honestly is alright balance wise. Though perhaps you should be able to cancel the charge with the shield button? And keep the current level of charge?

Up B... Well, I feel it's not finished yet. So I'll leave this one out for now.

Up throw is WAY too powerful. It killed Mario in training mode at 63%.

The other ones seem alright. Just refine the animations and GFX.

Other.

He can't seem to turn around in the air. This makes him awkward to control in the air.

His glide can be done an unlimited amount of times in the air, as long as you cancel it, then do it again.

He seems to have a bit of a hard time grabbing ledges... Or at least I feel he does.

Conclusion.

All and all, he needs a LOT of work. But I look forward to seeing him fixed up.

Edit: I may make a video to show what I mean... It's been awhile since I made a video on something.
    This might as well be a full breakdown. Also, most of this moveset is based on SSBC so the animations are like that intentionally. This PSA was NOT rushed (besides my FS animations) so I would have expected more positive feedback than this. Fortunately, these were just your helpful opinions, and like I tell others, feedback is ALWAYS good. 
    « Last Edit: November 17, 2012, 11:52:33 PM by GanonG0d81 » Logged

I'm addicted to Brawl.....HELP :\
    -I feel like calling it quits

Im srs here *BANG! BANG!*

P.A.I.N:Mixtape Link (Dat Piff): http://www.datpiff.com/Grey-Poupon-Pain-mixtape.457773.html

_Data_Drain_
    Heroic Kitten

« Reply #112 on: November 18, 2012, 01:47:39 AM »

This might as well be a full breakdown. Also, most of this moveset is based on SSBC so the animations are like that intentionally. This PSA was NOT rushed (besides my FS animations) so I would have expected more positive feedback than this. Fortunately, these were just your helpful opinions, and like I tell others, feedback is ALWAYS good. 

I apologize for sounding harsh. It's just how I do things...

I see a lot of potential in this move set. That's why I broke it down a bit...

Anyway. As I said. I made a video... Actually two.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDDYcHwvdbU" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDDYcHwvdbU</a>

Ridley VS Dry Bowser 2

I hope they are perhaps helpful for balancing. And showing others what's been done so far.

Carnage
    God Kitten

(retired)

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #113 on: November 18, 2012, 03:47:33 AM »

thanks for the video data drain i credited you and putted the video on one of the previews

Also thanks for the feedback, about some moves:

wait1 this animation was made by kagemaru on inspiration i just asked for a wait1 ssbc style but kagemaru  went artistic and i think it went preety well it looks amazing imo sure its diferent from any other wait you ever saw but it looks amazing imo

Up throw since its charizard i copied charizard up throw codding but i guess something went wrong? since it looks like its the strongest throw in the game lol i need to turn it down

Dash attack kagemaru made this and if i take away the range the move will look very wierd i will probably make it slower and not been able to be interupted until the end also this isnt a ssbc move since the ssbc dash attack looked kinda wierd really this was another artistic thinking by kagemaru xD.

Down smash/Down B the animations look stiff since its still one of my first animations it wasnt made by any animator it was made by me lol also if i made you able to hold the charge then even if you were hit it would be able to keep the charge would you be okay with that? i prefer to only let the last charge holdable to prevent ppl from keeping the charge when hitted imo and i didnt made it transition to from wait1 to that pose since ssbc ridley doesnt transition either but i might make a start animation.

The only recycled animations that are taken from other chars are AA ,back aerial and up throw,and misc animations since ridley doesnt need a custoom edje grab imo and they are all from charizard not sure why you said alot of animations were recycled since almost all of his attacks were made to resemble SSBC.

ridley has CF landing lags since i didnt mess with it i will probably use higher values like charizard has since they are powerfull moves.

F air it has diferent directions for all the 3 taill bones but i might sweetspot it like the down air only on the tip, guess i forgot that for some reason

foward tilt has 2 hits and it knocks the foe back on the second guess you never hitted the two? this is taken directly from ssbc

Up tilt i might take you on that make it slower but bigger and with more knockback

Down tilt its an okay move imo i might tweek the knockback abit and i think i will make the down smash start animation take more time.

the jab i know it doesnt combo very well need to take more time to make it work correctly

Up smash i looked at the hitbox and i putted a value on the fixed knockback  lol yeah i will take away a fixed knockback and make it kill since right now you probably wont kill a 999% person lol

Foward smash its one of my favorite moves i like how the 2 hitboxs connect not sure i will change it at all i can kill with it reety well

Side b i will make it fall more and the glide i dont see a problem being able to use it multiple times since you dont actually get any higher with it, about the turning around in the air  my guess is since CF isnt a true multijumper it prevents ridley from turning around not sure how i can fix it really.

the up b is finished its ssbc up b but for some reason CF special grab makes ridley move allitle to the front i tryed to fix it with no sucess i might try again for the next release.

About gfx not sure what you mean about gfx on the ground attacks what kind of gfx should i put? besides the shine on sweetspots i dont know what to put there lol and the side b  gfx thats the only wind gfx i knew about do you know any psa that uses a better wind  foward push gfx?

and remenber this moveset is based on SSBC all his moves except dash attackare taken from here and others are alittle diferent animation wise like the n-b.
    Ridley Preview

thanks for the feedback DD

_Data_Drain_
    Heroic Kitten

« Reply #114 on: November 18, 2012, 04:43:14 AM »

Well, I was tired when I did the review.

I still say the dash attack should just have less distance. Honestly, it's kinda fun to cancel it into a grab. Since if the foe can predict that, they can punish you... And believe me, in several failed matches, Bowser grabbed me out of the move, or just punished it by attacking me during it.

But still, it should travel less distance, for the sake of how Brawl is.

As for the GFX... Look at other Brawl characters. See how the dust travels from them when they attack? Replicate this with Ridley. Study how the Brawl characters moves GFX look.

Also... For a positive... I found landing the forward throw very amusing. Just dragging the foe through the ground. Especially after the dash attack.
    XD

Anyway. I'll be testing this more. To see if I find anything more.

Carnage
    God Kitten

(retired)

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #115 on: November 18, 2012, 04:50:36 AM »

Well, I was tired when I did the review.

I still say the dash attack should just have less distance. Honestly, it's kinda fun to cancel it into a grab. Since if the foe can predict that, they can punish you... And believe me, in several failed matches, Bowser grabbed me out of the move, or just punished it by attacking me during it.

But still, it should travel less distance, for the sake of how Brawl is.

As for the GFX... Look at other Brawl characters. See how the dust travels from them when they attack? Replicate this with Ridley. Study how the Brawl characters moves GFX look.

Also... For a positive... I found landing the forward throw very amusing. Just dragging the foe through the ground. Especially after the dash attack.
    XD

Anyway. I'll be testing this more. To see if I find anything more.
    i agree foward throw is one of the best amazing moves ridley has kagemaru made an epic animation xD

_Data_Drain_
    Heroic Kitten

« Reply #116 on: November 18, 2012, 04:57:49 AM »

Oh yeah... About down B. Think about holding the charge this way.

Samus and Lucario can hold their neutral B charges. By either holding the shield button. Or pressing left or right to roll out of it. However if they are hit during the charge animation. They lose all charge they had.

The best way to make Ridley feel as if he belongs in the game. Study how all the other characters work. And all the GFX placements on them. Use Smash attacks with all the characters. Study their coding within PSA. Heck, study other PSAs. Like Waluigi. Or something with what you're looking for.

Carnage
    God Kitten

(retired)

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #117 on: November 18, 2012, 05:13:30 AM »

Oh yeah... About down B. Think about holding the charge this way.

Samus and Lucario can hold their neutral B charges. By either holding the shield button. Or pressing left or right to roll out of it. However if they are hit during the charge animation. They lose all charge they had.

The best way to make Ridley feel as if he belongs in the game. Study how all the other characters work. And all the GFX placements on them. Use Smash attacks with all the characters. Study their coding within PSA. Heck, study other PSAs. Like Waluigi. Or something with what you're looking for.

thats a true charged attack no one made a chargable move like that its just not possible really  the holding going away if hitted during the charge animation even sdooms chargable moves like he has on shadow only hold the last charge if there is any psa with a true psaed charged move let me know since i never saw any i have a theory but it is untested and it will take tons of codding lol the brawl char moves work with internal codes we cant replicate by psa  i already studied alot of psas incase you didnt know i always do to compare knockbacks, and make some moves im not to sure how  to do thats how i learned to psa by studying  alot of psas.

Kagemaru
    Angel Kitten

• Awards Starstormer Renowned Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #118 on: November 18, 2012, 10:55:42 AM »

I watched both those videos...

The only animation issues I have are with the down air tbh... I think it could use a bit more start up lag to make it feel less stiff.

Aside from that, it looks like a pretty fun PSA to play with. I do however hope that Carnage at some point removes all the voice effects from Ridley. hearing Captain Falcon's voice when Ridley does moves kinda throws it off.

Also, Data, you didn't show a lot of the other moves. I think out of both videos, you did the down grab once, and the up grab 2-3 times and the forward grab a bunch of times but the back one wasn't done at all I don't think (i could have missed it) IIRC thats the one where he throws them back, and swipes them with his tail. I don't know if Carnage put it in.

The forward Air could use a bit more landing lag. I suggest moving the landing lag code thingy from whatever its on, to just after the tail has passed from under Ridley. Thinking of it like a degree... if 270 is directly under Ridley (facing right), then when its around 240 or so.

Perhaps we can think of a different back air move for him since currently its still Charizards.

As far as the dash goes, the way I see it is that it goes so far and that balances it because its punishable but if you can hit someone with it, you can combo grab it. So that kinda balances it for me.

Carnage, you should add in a start animation for whatever animations that need one because smooth transitions always make things look better.

All in all I'm proud that I was a part of this project. Ridley looked really fun to play with in those videos. I just wish he wasn't over Captain Falcon D:

Also, sorry I've been too busy to make a FS animation... but I'm sure GG did a good job.

The thing that pisses me off about Project: M the most is that Sheik's chain doesn't tether ledges anymore. WHY THE NERF? :/

If only hacking Brawl paid bills.

Carnage
    God Kitten

(retired)

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #119 on: November 18, 2012, 11:34:18 AM »

kage the back throw is in and the back aerial is charizards since well it looks like the move ridley does in ssbc  im fixing some stuff knockbacks giving some  attacks less speed  and such  tryed everything i know but the cf special grab still moves alittle and i cant fix that tomorow i will mess around with the downB giving it a start animation and i will try some code i have on my mind to see if i can make a true chargable attack xD

Pages:  1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 52
    Print
    Jump to: