Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Poll
Question: Gyarados Size
Should be smaller
Size is perfect
Should be bigger

Pages:  1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 52
Author Topic: Flygon Psa Released  (Read 188853 times)
_Data_Drain_
Master of the Dark Matter
Heroic Kitten

• Awards 2012 SSBB Tournament Runner-Up Fiery Topic Good Citizen Ceiling Cat

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #120 on: November 18, 2012, 02:55:44 PM »

I watched both those videos...

The only animation issues I have are with the down air tbh... I think it could use a bit more start up lag to make it feel less stiff.

Aside from that, it looks like a pretty fun PSA to play with. I do however hope that Carnage at some point removes all the voice effects from Ridley. hearing Captain Falcon's voice when Ridley does moves kinda throws it off.

Also, Data, you didn't show a lot of the other moves. I think out of both videos, you did the down grab once, and the up grab 2-3 times and the forward grab a bunch of times but the back one wasn't done at all I don't think (i could have missed it) IIRC thats the one where he throws them back, and swipes them with his tail. I don't know if Carnage put it in.

The forward Air could use a bit more landing lag. I suggest moving the landing lag code thingy from whatever its on, to just after the tail has passed from under Ridley. Thinking of it like a degree... if 270 is directly under Ridley (facing right), then when its around 240 or so.

Perhaps we can think of a different back air move for him since currently its still Charizards.

As far as the dash goes, the way I see it is that it goes so far and that balances it because its punishable but if you can hit someone with it, you can combo grab it. So that kinda balances it for me.

Carnage, you should add in a start animation for whatever animations that need one because smooth transitions always make things look better.

All in all I'm proud that I was a part of this project. Ridley looked really fun to play with in those videos. I just wish he wasn't over Captain Falcon D:

Also, sorry I've been too busy to make a FS animation... but I'm sure GG did a good job.
    Kage. I'm sorry I didn't show those moves... I was having enough trouble fitting in the ones I did without losing a stock. Plus in most cases. Forward throw was the better option. (It's just my video style. I hate losing a stock to a CPU.)

Due to that glitch to where Ridley can't turn around in the air.

Honestly though... I kinda hope you keep the grab combo in the dash attack. It makes it pretty distinct. (I was having a little too much fun doing it in those videos.)

And yeah, the down air should have a little more transition too.

Also... I didn't do feedback on the Final Smash. Because I never use them.

After the video though, I tried it out. It's... Pretty much Falcon's. Except Ridley flies at the foe, and rams them. The animation on it was odd... Though GanonG0d81 said that animation was rushed.
    « Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 03:00:11 PM by _Data_Drain_ » Logged

3DS FC: 1762-2823-8581

Wii-U ID: Data-Drain Mii Name: Jiro

SMM Stages: https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/Data-Drain

Kagemaru
    Angel Kitten

• Awards Starstormer Renowned Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #121 on: November 18, 2012, 05:50:52 PM »

I don't like losing stocks to computers either. I actually get really upset about it though...

My friends actually dubbed a particular event after me cause I was the first one to do it out of our group as well as continuously do it at random moments to win matches.

They called it "The Aries" (my name) because occasionally in traditional 3 stock matches I'd sometimes lose 2 before my opponent lost 1 but I'd get into this focus mode and still win the match.

I also don't use Final Smashes so much... surprising considering the amount of time and effort I put into making them... Like Ken's and Sanji's

Anyway... as far as Ridley goes, with a couple knockback adjustments, and maybe a sweetspot here and there, I think he'll be ready for a v1. he could also use a more ferral looking wait... just having his arms hanging there seems kinda... blah.

The thing that pisses me off about Project: M the most is that Sheik's chain doesn't tether ledges anymore. WHY THE NERF? :/

If only hacking Brawl paid bills.

_Data_Drain_
    Heroic Kitten

« Reply #122 on: November 18, 2012, 07:30:44 PM »

Hm... I just caught a glitch.

If you blow Ridley off the stage while he's charging his down B. Be it by Ridley's wind. Or Mario's FLUDD. He floats in the air. Then quickly jerks back to the stage... TECHNICALLY nothing too big. But should be noted never the less.

I'm not sure if it's fixable though... Though maybe it can be fixed with coding from another PSA? Like Wolfric's Cloud's down B. While it's not a charge move. It is a move that makes him stay on the ground.

When he's blown off, the move is simply canceled.

Or you could look into Kid Buu's coding. And edit the animation accordingly.
    « Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 07:35:55 PM by _Data_Drain_ » Logged

Kagemaru
    Angel Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #123 on: November 18, 2012, 08:42:43 PM »

I believe it should be fixable by adding in a disallow horizontal/vertical movement code in there.

Or, having a clause for something like "If in air: change subaction: fall"

Something like that.

The thing that pisses me off about Project: M the most is that Sheik's chain doesn't tether ledges anymore. WHY THE NERF? :/

_Data_Drain_
    Heroic Kitten

« Reply #124 on: November 18, 2012, 08:52:48 PM »

I believe it should be fixable by adding in a disallow horizontal/vertical movement code in there.

Or, having a clause for something like "If in air: change subaction: fall"

Something like that.
    Ah... I found a good reference to charge up moves... SDo0m's Shadow.

His side B can be charged. You can roll out of it, and keep the level 2 charge. And when he's blown off the stage. He goes into... I believe what you said, Kage. "If in air: change subaction: fall".
    « Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 08:55:16 PM by _Data_Drain_ » Logged

Anivernage
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards Ninja Super Saiyan Topic Starstormer Renowned Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #125 on: November 18, 2012, 09:02:59 PM »

i think is change action 10 requirement in air.
    suits better than change subaction.

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine

• Awards RAGE!! >9000 Hyperactive Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #126 on: November 18, 2012, 09:08:13 PM »

i think is change action 10 requirement in air. suits better than change subaction.
    Action 10 is Helpless. Action E is Aerial Fall.

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

Anivernage
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards Ninja Super Saiyan Topic Starstormer Renowned Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #127 on: November 18, 2012, 09:09:16 PM »

Action 10 is Helpless. Action E is Aerial Fall.
    oh i tought they needed helpless Tongue

Don Jon Bravo
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards Boo! Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #128 on: November 18, 2012, 10:40:31 PM »

i can find all sfx in wav format from Mugen engine

or i can make a code so that captain uses other soundbank...

captain has charizards soundbank

4A000000 80AD89E0
    14000024 00000001C
    E0000000 80008000

captain has bowsers soundbank

4A000000 80AD89E0
    14000024 00000000F
    E0000000 80008000
    « Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 11:13:31 PM by Mr.MW » Logged

Kagemaru
    Angel Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #129 on: November 19, 2012, 01:12:16 AM »

Change action requirement is better. I'd forgotten about it. That would go in the actions tab, not the sub action.

Carnage
    God Kitten

(retired)

• Awards Constructive Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Starstormer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #130 on: November 19, 2012, 05:48:44 AM »

Ah... I found a good reference to charge up moves... SDo0m's Shadow.

His side B can be charged. You can roll out of it, and keep the level 2 charge. And when he's blown off the stage. He goes into... I believe what you said, Kage. "If in air: change subaction: fall".

i know how to make people dodje roll or been able to shield out of downb i didnt code it in because i want to experiment something, in all my psas darkrai,mew and mewtwo ports you can shield out of shadow ball  and keep the last charge im trying something diferent wich will take like tons of codding so you can keep all charges but lose them if your hit when charging but its just a theory.

About the float on downB is probably because he has on the action cant fall of the stage i can probably put a loop to see if its in air and change action to 14( i use bb psa so no E xD)

mrmugenwii dont ridley or metaridley have a soundbank in brawl? i know tabuu has one so just wondering since they have sounds on the boss battle

My theory worked xD

Ridley has been updated.

Fixes
    Some knockbacks and hitboxs changes and some attack speeds were changed in general

Fair only spikes at the tip

Down B you can now hold all charges and if you are hitted during the charge animation you lose all charges and get back to square one,same for dying and you can shield out of the move,also has start animation now.

down smash now has a start animation.

and some other misc stuff.

Kagemaru
    Angel Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #131 on: November 19, 2012, 11:42:19 AM »

Awesome Cheesy

Now... who has a port for this over Jigglypuff?

Anyone...?

Carnage
    God Kitten

(retired)

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #132 on: November 19, 2012, 11:46:31 AM »

Awesome Cheesy

Now... who has a port for this over Jigglypuff?

Anyone...?

you cant just port it unless you took the up b/FS away i heard someone was working on a perfect ganon/captain rel but not sure how far they have goten yet http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=53347.0

Kagemaru
    Angel Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #133 on: November 19, 2012, 12:29:30 PM »

Hm... well thats kinda a downer... I have a friend that rather enjoy's captain falcon. So I leave him alone for the most part. That and I was planning to revamp Ken and Ryu at some point.

Hm...

On a side note... You think that the Tail ginding thing that Ridley does from Boss Battles would be a good dash attack?  And maybe the Side-B in the air could be that thing he does where he flies across the screen...

I just thought of how useful that would be instead of what it is now. Because as it is now you'd have to do the side b move away from the direction you wanted to go in order get closer since currently it blows you away in the air.

Carnage
    God Kitten

(retired)

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #134 on: November 19, 2012, 12:34:55 PM »

Hm... well thats kinda a downer... I have a friend that rather enjoy's captain falcon. So I leave him alone for the most part. That and I was planning to revamp Ken and Ryu at some point.

Hm...

On a side note... You think that the Tail ginding thing that Ridley does from Boss Battles would be a good dash attack?  And maybe the Side-B in the air could be that thing he does where he flies across the screen...

I just thought of how useful that would be instead of what it is now. Because as it is now you'd have to do the side b move away from the direction you wanted to go in order get closer since currently it blows you away in the air.
    actually side b doesnt move away on the ground or air

Pages:  1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 52
    Print
    Jump to: