Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Poll
Question: Gyarados Size
Should be smaller
Size is perfect
Should be bigger

Pages:  1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 ... 52
Author Topic: Flygon Psa Released  (Read 186526 times)
Kagemaru
Angel Kitten

• Awards Starstormer Renowned Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #270 on: December 10, 2012, 01:45:58 AM »

I'm ok with the end lag on the down air. It doesn't need to be super punishable... Its not that strong.

But yeah, he is floating a boot higher then I animated due to rayquaza. that's carnage's choice. Not a huge issue though since its only the case if you are standing still? Flying over bananas though is an issue in my book though

I'll make a new entry at some point though. Similar to what is there already.

Though I do say this project looks pretty damn nice in video.

Data... While I respect your opinion as conductive criticism and appreciate it as unbiased and from your perspective, balanced...

You come off add a very negative individual. While yes I understand that saying only good things is not helpful all the time, most any criticism I see you give is almost entirely bad.

You could at least compliment on how well the moves combo together which i'm pretty sure was on accident but is still pretty cool

-

@Carnage: 4 jumps is too high. 3 jumps and lower their height a tad... He can go into magnification just by jumping. It takes Falco both his jumps and his up b to get that high.

The thing that pisses me off about Project: M the most is that Sheik's chain doesn't tether ledges anymore. WHY THE NERF? :/

If only hacking Brawl paid bills.

_Data_Drain_
    Master of the Dark Matter
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards 2012 SSBB Tournament Runner-Up Fiery Topic Good Citizen Ceiling Cat

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #271 on: December 10, 2012, 02:03:26 AM »

Perhaps... But you have to remember.

I don't give opinions on projects I don't care for. My feedback, while mostly negative sounding. Is only because I really feel the move set has a lot of potential.

If you want the GOODS as well... Alright, I might as well.

The animation quality is pretty good. Better then a lot of PSAs out there.

As I have said before. I LOVE forward throw. Nothing more satisfying then grinding your foe into the dirt... Or floor... Or road... Whatever the stage has.

He fits in pretty well. Having a set of strengths, and weaknesses. I find that his weaknesses are his size. And his upward moves not being great for knocking foes away from him. So jumping in on him is the way to fight him. Pikachu can also do his chaingrab on him.
    <_>

I like most of his other moves. The only ones that really bug me for any reason are neutral B. Back air. And up B. But two of those are because of PSA/filesize limits. So I'll let them pass. Back air just seems a bit powerful though. It's Charizard's with more range. What might solve this are some animation changes. And maybe a tad bit more landing lag. Not too much though. Also... Down B causes a bit of lag sometimes during the charge. It's most noticeable in free for alls.

The sound effects are very nice. The only thing that seems off to me now is forward smash. It seems a tad bit quiet... Just a simple "woosh" sound should fix that though.

The final smash seems pretty cool.

Alright... I believe that's enough for now. I'm not trying to write a novel.

There may be more of both the good and bad... But I need to further playtest him.
    « Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 02:16:43 AM by _Data_Drain_ » Logged

3DS FC: 1762-2823-8581

Wii-U ID: Data-Drain Mii Name: Jiro

SMM Stages: https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/Data-Drain

Carnage
    God Kitten

(retired)

• Awards Constructive Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Starstormer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #272 on: December 10, 2012, 03:08:50 AM »

lol ridley flys over diddys bananas i can fix that i will increase the hutboxes data on his feets. this will make him take damage there.

his downB might lag due to the animation of each gfx i can cut it down but you wont see the ball of fire rotate she will just grow are you ok with that?

i guess i can reduce back air knockback/damage

also i was thinking on putting on 3 jumps kage 4 jumps is alot with his size xD

metroid will be removed or not if i can make him appear alongside ridley on the entry for a metroid reference xD

foward smash only has a low slash sound i couldnt find anything that would fit in common sfx

ridleys has all charizards landing lags why he bypasses then i dont know does cf do that?

DD you didnt show the FS very well you choose a stage where we couldnt see the back lol but still a nice video.

his up b kinda works nice nowsure it burys on the ground if he catches opoenents near the ground but i cant fix that :S

So no .sawndz will be needed?

correct

Nice Job guys
    this is some epic [censored]
    so is the latest version released?
    not yet it will be a new download since this rildey has alot more stuff Tongue

_Data_Drain_
    Heroic Kitten

« Reply #273 on: December 10, 2012, 04:37:07 AM »

lol ridley flys over diddys bananas i can fix that i will increase the hutboxes data on his feets. this will make him take damage there.

his downB might lag due to the animation of each gfx i can cut it down but you wont see the ball of fire rotate she will just grow are you ok with that?

i guess i can reduce back air knockback/damage

also i was thinking on putting on 3 jumps kage 4 jumps is alot with his size xD

metroid will be removed or not if i can make him appear alongside ridley on the entry for a metroid reference xD

foward smash only has a low slash sound i couldnt find anything that would fit in common sfx

ridleys has all charizards landing lags why he bypasses then i dont know does cf do that?

DD you didnt show the FS very well you choose a stage where we couldnt see the back lol but still a nice video.

his up b kinda works nice nowsure it burys on the ground if he catches opoenents near the ground but i cant fix that :S
    correct
    1. Alright. That sounds good to me.

2. Hm... Well, you could try out removing the GFXs ON the fireballs. Too many of those could be the cause of the lag. But I'm not 100% sure about this.

3. Yeah. Either that or make it slower with a new animation. Here's some moves I notice are Ridley's kill moves. For comparison.

His forward air spike... Well, depends on where Mario is. It seems to kill at around the 80 to 90 and up mark.

Down B full charge kills Mario at 107% in training mode.

Back air kills Mario at about 113% with the tip of the tail... Not sure about when both hit boxes connect though. Might be less then this percent.

Forward smash kills at 125% if both hit boxes connect.

Up air at the apex of Mario's first jump kills at 136%.

Up throw kills at 136%. Down tilt kills at 152%.

As you can see. Back air considering how safe it is. Kills pretty fast... On an interesting note. Up smash doesn't kill even at 900% damage. Though, I feel poor upward attack options are a good thing for Ridley. Since I feel that's one of his weaknesses. But MAYBE have it kill at at least 200% if all hits hit.

4. Yeah, less jumps might be good for him honestly. Might make him feel more "Heavy Weight Class".

5. Eh, just remove the Metroid.

6. Hm... Alright. Although you could use the same sound as down smash.

7. Not sure... Have KJP look into it maybe? I can't remember what causes that effect. Also, down air really does need more landing lag... While it's knock back may not be amazing. It's damage IS pretty high for something so quick. 18%... That can really add up fast. Also, an interesting little combo that can be done due to forward air's lack of landing lag. Tippered forward air into forward tilt. But the odds of landing this in an actual fight are pretty slim.

8. Oops... Sorry about that. I just kinda wanted to recreate an... Infamous scene with that part of the video.
    XD

9. Hm... You know, looking at the animation now... Maybe get rid of the flashing orange part. And the fire... Until he opens his mouth. So it looks like he shot the foe with a blast of fire from his mouth?

Hopefully this info, and set of opinions is of some use.

Carnage
    God Kitten

(retired)

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #274 on: December 10, 2012, 04:47:28 AM »

1. Alright. That sounds good to me.

2. Hm... Well, you could try out removing the GFXs ON the fireballs. Too many of those could be the cause of the lag. But I'm not 100% sure about this.

3. Yeah. Either that or make it slower with a new animation. Here's some moves I notice are Ridley's kill moves. For comparison.

His forward air spike... Well, depends on where Mario is. It seems to kill at around the 80 to 90 and up mark.

Down B full charge kills Mario at 107% in training mode.

Back air kills Mario at about 113% with the tip of the tail... Not sure about when both hit boxes connect though. Might be less then this percent.

Forward smash kills at 125% if both hit boxes connect.

Up air at the apex of Mario's first jump kills at 136%.

Up throw kills at 136%. Down tilt kills at 152%.

As you can see. Back air considering how safe it is. Kills pretty fast... On an interesting note. Up smash doesn't kill even at 900% damage. Though, I feel poor upward attack options are a good thing for Ridley. Since I feel that's one of his weaknesses. But MAYBE have it kill at at least 200% if all hits hit.

4. Yeah, less jumps might be good for him honestly. Might make him feel more "Heavy Weight Class".

5. Eh, just remove the Metroid.

6. Hm... Alright. Although you could use the same sound as down smash.

7. Not sure... Have KJP look into it maybe? I can't remember what causes that effect. Also, down air really does need more landing lag... While it's knock back may not be amazing. It's damage IS pretty high for something so quick. 18%... That can really add up fast. Also, an interesting little combo that can be done due to forward air's lack of landing lag. Tippered forward air into forward tilt. But the odds of landing this in an actual fight are pretty slim.

8. Oops... Sorry about that. I just kinda wanted to recreate an... Infamous scene with that part of the video.
    XD

9. Hm... You know, looking at the animation now... Maybe get rid of the flashing orange part. And the fire... Until he opens his mouth. So it looks like he shot the foe with a blast of fire from his mouth?

Hopefully this info, and set of opinions is of some use.

2- so what lags the fire part or the hold part? if its the fire part i can cut the traill in half of number of fireball thingys

_Data_Drain_
    Heroic Kitten

« Reply #275 on: December 10, 2012, 05:07:02 AM »

It's the charge animation I believe.

Hm... Testing with three Ridley's at the same time on Delfino Plaza... If they do the move at the same time. Part of the fireball goes missing on both attacks.

It actually seems there's more lag when just one does the move... So you might have to get rid of the extra fireball model you have in there.

And if you have one fire a full charged shot. And the other two charge. The full charged fireball shot's invisible.

Also, if you zoom in on the charging animation. It really starts to lag. Especially when you zoom in on the fireball.

Carnage
    God Kitten

(retired)

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #276 on: December 10, 2012, 05:27:03 AM »

It's the charge animation I believe.

Hm... Testing with three Ridley's at the same time on Delfino Plaza... If they do the move at the same time. Part of the fireball goes missing on both attacks.

It actually seems there's more lag when just one does the move... So you might have to get rid of the extra fireball model you have in there.

And if you have one fire a full charged shot. And the other two charge. The full charged fireball shot's invisible.

Also, if you zoom in on the charging animation. It really starts to lag. Especially when you zoom in on the fireball.

the thing is  there is no extra fireball model my code checks every frame for the size increase and spawns it i have some ideas but need to test them.

_Data_Drain_
    Heroic Kitten

« Reply #277 on: December 10, 2012, 05:39:43 AM »

the thing is  there is no extra fireball model my code checks every frame for the size increase and spawns it i have some ideas but need to test them.
    Hm... Alright. I wish you luck with this. Hopefully this works. Since the lag is kinda odd.

Carnage
    God Kitten

(retired)

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #278 on: December 10, 2012, 08:07:52 AM »

sended kjp and dd this fixes in my opinion its ready for a final release so what do you guys think?
    Guess who can plumell ridley? Samus xD so right now everyone plummels and throws him perfectly except ivisaur wich can throw but not plumell.

can now be hitted with low attacks and be grabed by olimar
    reduced knockback growth on back air
    Reduce gfx on downB charge the gfx doesnt scale so smothly but still good
    special hi gfx looks better and no more yellow
    better sound on Side smash(hopefully)
    You can now roll back and foward and keep you charge on downB hold by pressing sideways.
    weight increased from 104 to 110
    minus one jump now
    no more metroid on the entry

Kagemaru
    Angel Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #279 on: December 10, 2012, 09:40:40 AM »

You could...

The new entry I was gonna do wasn't going to be too different then what he does already. And I don't like making taunts.

I agreed that the Back Air was a bit too strong. I don't know how it has more range then Charizard though since both Ridley's wings and tail are shorter then Charizard's. But it WAS a tad too strong.

Also... Ridley flies too fast and it doesn't look very cinimatic when he zooms into the camera at that speed. Since you stopped time, I'd slow HIM down... and increase his hitlag to maybe... 3 or 5 so that way when he DOES hit someone, he pauses for a second, THEN you can increase the speed back to 1 or whatever you have it on.

But I'd slow it down so that way it would be more cinematic to see him making his approach.

The thing that pisses me off about Project: M the most is that Sheik's chain doesn't tether ledges anymore. WHY THE NERF? :/

Carnage
    God Kitten

(retired)

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #280 on: December 10, 2012, 11:52:32 AM »

You could...

The new entry I was gonna do wasn't going to be too different then what he does already. And I don't like making taunts.

I agreed that the Back Air was a bit too strong. I don't know how it has more range then Charizard though since both Ridley's wings and tail are shorter then Charizard's. But it WAS a tad too strong.

Also... Ridley flies too fast and it doesn't look very cinimatic when he zooms into the camera at that speed. Since you stopped time, I'd slow HIM down... and increase his hitlag to maybe... 3 or 5 so that way when he DOES hit someone, he pauses for a second, THEN you can increase the speed back to 1 or whatever you have it on.

But I'd slow it down so that way it would be more cinematic to see him making his approach.
    the speed is 1 all the way trough i dont have any frame speed modifier on the FS and im not really good working with the camera at all :S

Kagemaru
    Angel Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #281 on: December 10, 2012, 12:00:58 PM »

Slow it down then >_> And I actually intended for parts of that to be used with the Frame Speed Mod...

Since its at 1 all the way through, here is how I envisioned it working:

1 from the roar to the point where you see him circle around.

.6 or .7 from that point up until he reaches the stage.

1 from him leaving the camera screen again (basically him swooshing past the camera)

.5 for him landing. Cause in that video he was moving pretty fast.... it seemed un-natural.

Carnage
    God Kitten

(retired)

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #282 on: December 10, 2012, 12:10:58 PM »

Slow it down then >_> And I actually intended for parts of that to be used with the Frame Speed Mod...

Since its at 1 all the way through, here is how I envisioned it working:

1 from the roar to the point where you see him circle around.

.6 or .7 from that point up until he reaches the stage.

1 from him leaving the camera screen again (basically him swooshing past the camera)

.5 for him landing. Cause in that video he was moving pretty fast.... it seemed un-natural.
    if i do that i will lose the sound of ridleys attack on the boss battle ridleys attack sound is 4 seconds long give or take  wich is 240 frames right now the fs is 259 frmaes wich makes a preety good match if i slow it down  he will lose the sound half way through it and ridley from the boss battle moves that fast  really i think the FS looks preety epic gonna try to slow time down instead of killing it tough.

Kagemaru
    Angel Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #283 on: December 10, 2012, 12:15:55 PM »

Hm... he doesn't make any sounds after flying through the screen does he? Because I think he is landing a bit too hot tbh. (meaning too fast)

But its just a minor concern. If it matches the sound, then its fine.

jrush64
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Featured Starstormer Renowned Hacker Pin Collector

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #284 on: December 10, 2012, 12:26:05 PM »

Carnage I checked out that model and it's kind of funny. I don't know how to open it.

Pages:  1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 ... 52
    Print
    Jump to: