Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Poll
Question: Gyarados Size
Should be smaller
Size is perfect
Should be bigger

Pages:  1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 ... 52
Author Topic: Flygon Psa Released  (Read 188901 times)
Carnage
God Kitten

(retired)

• Awards Constructive Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Starstormer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #285 on: December 10, 2012, 12:29:28 PM »

Carnage I checked out that model and it's kind of funny. I don't know how to open it.
    my guess is those are objects and are separated i think gamma ridley had a full model im gonna pm  but i think you need to import all the objects one by one?

_Data_Drain_
    Master of the Dark Matter
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards 2012 SSBB Tournament Runner-Up Fiery Topic Good Citizen Ceiling Cat

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #286 on: December 10, 2012, 06:11:28 PM »

I'm gonna test these adjustments now.

But I still say there should be new taunts, and victory poses before a final release... I know Kage doesn't like animating those. But for a character to feel truly complete. They need those minor little details.

...Plus, having Ridleyish taunts, and victory poses would be pretty kick ass. You have to admit that.
    XD

3DS FC: 1762-2823-8581

Wii-U ID: Data-Drain Mii Name: Jiro

SMM Stages: https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/Data-Drain

Kagemaru
    Angel Kitten

• Awards Starstormer Renowned Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #287 on: December 10, 2012, 06:17:27 PM »

I might do some later this week...

I'm kinda into Akuma right now... and getting Chun-Li beta tested.

The thing that pisses me off about Project: M the most is that Sheik's chain doesn't tether ledges anymore. WHY THE NERF? :/

If only hacking Brawl paid bills.

_Data_Drain_
    Heroic Kitten

« Reply #288 on: December 10, 2012, 07:17:39 PM »

Okay, good, good. The idle pose doesn't protect him from Olimar's grab anymore.

Also... No, Samus does NOT pummel him properly still... But, this is a porting related problem. Not a size related one. Waluigi doesn't get properly pummeled by Samus either. She does no damage to him except sometimes.

The down B lag seems to be gone. Back on Delfino Plaza with three Ridleys. All using Down B. And doing the same thing I did to make one of the fireballs vanish seems to be gone as well.

Back air's been nerfed quite a bit I must say. It doesn't even kill at 233% at the center of Final Destination. It actually seems a bit odd now. But then again... It now fits into the category of back airs. Like Dedede, Link, Wolf. Etc etc. The ones that have low kill power, but are rather safe damage dealers. Though another option you could have taken was making it a bit slower. And harder to use (due to more end lag in the air, and landing lag), but still a kill move.

Down air... Still needs landing lag to me. Just try this in training mode. Slide your thumb from the jump button, to A while holding down. Now do this with every character who has a "falling down air".

The one with the least amount of landing lag is Mr. Game & Watch. Which even his has more landing lag then Ridley's. (Though admittedly not much more.)

But it feels odd for such a heavy creature like Ridley to recovery from that so fast. Maybe as a way to make it make a bit more sense, would be to either increase the damage done. Or the knock back just a slight bit. So that when he hits the foe with it. They CAN'T punish him for it. Only if he misses should he be punishable.

I know this is kinda a minor nitpick... But I still think he needs a grab animation that reflects his actual grab range. Right now, his mouth can go completely through someone, and he still doesn't grab them. I'm not saying the range should be changed. Just the animation.

Sorry about this nitpicking... I just want to be sure this final version, actually feels final.

If I came off being too harsh or anything. I'm very sorry...

Kagemaru
    Angel Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #289 on: December 10, 2012, 07:34:00 PM »

The grab thing may h ave been over looked. Its an easy fix tbh. The hitboxes for the grab collisions just need to be reposition/timed.

If they are off now then I agree they should be fixed.

--

Down Air:

Shiek: Strange animation... I actualy use this to do trick my opponent into attacking. Since she goes up slightly, I position myself to where her going up dodge the foreseen attack, then they don't have time to dodge her falling. If I've figured that out, I'm sure there are plenty of other people who have as well... its fairly good. I understand why it has the landing lag it does.

Zero Suit: Her's is pretty long and can actually kill her if done wrong but it also meteors. The amount of landing lag it has is justified because its really good for killing. IMO

GW: Not a lot more lag then Ridley's like you said but it also meteors and since its kinda slow, the hit box lingers fairly long.

Toon Link: Another spike, but this one bounces off people it hits so that offsets him killing himself, but its also a high reward move if used properly. So I can see why it has the landing lag that it does. Its powerful...

Ice Climbers: Slow and lingering decent they have and it doesn't have a lot of knockback last I checked... actually, they don't have a lot of landing lag either...

Ridley: Pretty fast decent and unless it was changed last time I checked, it didn't meteor and wasn't great at killing. I think that offsets the landing lag.

Either way... adding more lag or not, its an ok move to me. But if more is added, don't add too much more because it would be too punishable for not enough reward.

---

I don't know if I commented or not... but I thoroughly enjoyed that Ridley vs Ridley fight.

The thing that pisses me off about Project: M the most is that Sheik's chain doesn't tether ledges anymore. WHY THE NERF? :/

_Data_Drain_
    Heroic Kitten

« Reply #290 on: December 10, 2012, 07:59:19 PM »

Like I said though, the animation should be changed on the grab. If he has too much grab range. It might get kinda... Well, broken in some cases. He just needs a animation to reflect his current range.

And actually... I'm not sure WHEN it does, but Ridley's down air can spike. I've done it a few times. But I'm honestly not sure where the sweetspot/timing is. Heck, when the landing lag is added. It could just be a move that knocks the foe away, rather then spike. And it could have good base knock back. But not too high of growth. So it's not a great kill move... But a great way to get back down to the stage quickly. And knock the foe away at the same time.

Also... Thank you. I had fun with that idea Thankfully the fight took only one try... Even though I used a broken PSA to GET to Ridley... It still would have taken time to get back to him on Intense mode.
    XD

Edit: I had a random idea for some victory poses... I think something like KJP's T-Rex's victory pose would be neat, him getting closer to the screen, then roaring... Either roaring like he does in the Brawl cutscene. Or like how he does in Other M. The roar sound effect should be the one used for the final smash.

One with him flying away... Him flying in place, then after three flaps of his wings, he soars straight upward. The good thing is. The winwait would just have to be one frame of him being in the sky, unseen by the camera.

The last one... I'm not sure of...
    :/

Though maybe there could be... SOMETHING in this video? Just kinda scan through it. I wouldn't advise watching all of it. Since a lot of it is more then likely not too useful.
    <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJW1KcaD80k" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJW1KcaD80k</a>

And for a losing pose... He could be crouched on the ground, holding himself up with one hand, and having the other on his chest, while having a bit of trouble breathing... Due to being weakened by the fight.
    « Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 09:54:49 PM by _Data_Drain_ » Logged

Kagemaru
    Angel Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #291 on: December 10, 2012, 09:59:34 PM »

Everyone claps in Brawl for losing animations... I like this project, but I don't like Ridley enough to go the extra mile to give him a losing animation... So Charizard's will do.

I did plan on having him fly away though.... for one victory pose.

And if I felt like doing a second, it would probably be something like him roaring... and kinda just floating there...

A third one could be kinda random... and just have a metroid... floating around... just kinda being there. No reason... just cuz.

---

That video, why didn't you just go through boss battles? The only boss thats actually difficult to defeat on Intense is Tabuu because you have to time that 1hit kill move he does and dodge it perfectly 3 times... But he's not the topic here...

Getting to Ridley via Boss Battles would have probably been a lot easier/quicker then going through subspace.

_Data_Drain_
    Heroic Kitten

« Reply #292 on: December 10, 2012, 10:12:56 PM »

Everyone claps in Brawl for losing animations... I like this project, but I don't like Ridley enough to go the extra mile to give him a losing animation... So Charizard's will do.
    That's not true. Going back in time to Melee for a bit, Mewtwo did NOT clap, he had his back turned. And looked pissed off.

Back to Brawl, the Ice Climbers do not clap, they sob. Diddy looks confused with his hat off. Jigglypuff just kinda looks at the winner. Not mad or anything, just... Jigglypuffish... I don't know. Pokemon Trainer also looks depressed... Ironically, his Pokemon aren't.

I did plan on having him fly away though.... for one victory pose.

And if I felt like doing a second, it would probably be something like him roaring... and kinda just floating there...

A third one could be kinda random... and just have a metroid... floating around... just kinda being there. No reason... just cuz.
    1. Okay, so we had the same idea on that one.

2. And that one as well.

3. Hm.. Not sure about that one. Maybe something similar to a shorter version of his final smash? He floats back a bit. Say maybe three flaps of his wings, while moving backwards. Then lunging at the camera?

Eh, I don't know...

That video, why didn't you just go through boss battles? The only boss thats actually difficult to defeat on Intense is Tabuu because you have to time that 1hit kill move he does and dodge it perfectly 3 times... But he's not the topic here...

Getting to Ridley via Boss Battles would have probably been a lot easier/quicker then going through subspace.
    Actually... There is a reason. Even on Intense, the Boss Battles version is not as hard as SSE intense's Ridley boss. He has less HP in Boss Battles mode.

Also... A little off topic here. But the only reason Tabuu is hard in that mode. Is because you already have a lot of stress. Since you're SO CLOSE to the end... But ONE little mess up, and your toast. Otherwise, I'd say Rayquaza, Porky, Duon, and sometimes Galleom are harder then Tabuu.

Kagemaru
    Angel Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #293 on: December 10, 2012, 11:11:48 PM »

Hm... you're right actually...that slipped my mind to be perfectly honest. I guess doing that hurt animation wouldn't be too difficult... But in my defense... those are characters I rarely fight against.

I main Fox and Sheik, and usually fight againt pretty much everyone else on the roster but them and a few others... also including hacks... for example, I have a Marth hack over Diddy so I'd forgotten about that but anyway... thats not important. I see your point.

I do like that 3rd victory pose though... I may do that  one because the way I see it in my head is pretty cool.
    ---

I can perfect just about every boss in Boss Battles with Fox... but he's my best character. I can even perfect Tabuu if I can dodge that 1 hit kill move 3 times. I've done BB so much that I've memorized their patterns and its not even a challenge anymore. The only time I have a difficulty is when I'm playing with a character that I haven't actually mastered or a new PSA.

_Data_Drain_
    Heroic Kitten

« Reply #294 on: December 10, 2012, 11:44:01 PM »

Hm... you're right actually...that slipped my mind to be perfectly honest. I guess doing that hurt animation wouldn't be too difficult... But in my defense... those are characters I rarely fight against.

I main Fox and Sheik, and usually fight againt pretty much everyone else on the roster but them and a few others... also including hacks... for example, I have a Marth hack over Diddy so I'd forgotten about that but anyway... thats not important. I see your point.

I do like that 3rd victory pose though... I may do that  one because the way I see it in my head is pretty cool.
    ---

I can perfect just about every boss in Boss Battles with Fox... but he's my best character. I can even perfect Tabuu if I can dodge that 1 hit kill move 3 times. I've done BB so much that I've memorized their patterns and its not even a challenge anymore. The only time I have a difficulty is when I'm playing with a character that I haven't actually mastered or a new PSA.

Hm... Yeah, those characters ARE kinda easy to forget honestly. (Especially since I hate Diddy in Brawl... I like him in OTHER games, but something about Brawl Diddy's personality bugs me... And the Ice Climbers.)

Honestly. The only animations that TECHNICALLY need new touchups/redoing... Are up throw (optional, but it is just Charizard's.) Back air (Again, optional because it's Charizard's. And the move works pretty differently now.) And the taunts/win poses. Otherwise he doesn't need any more animations for the final version. With those animations, he would feel very complete. At least this is how I feel.

I'm glad you liked my idea for win three. Smiley

Yeah... Boss Battles isn't too hard when you know the enemies move sets, it's all about memorizing the enemy moves. I never really took the time to master the mode though...

Kagemaru
    Angel Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #295 on: December 11, 2012, 12:29:31 AM »

I wanted the trophies >_>;

The only thing I haven't memorized is the speed of Tabu's 1hkill or the space the hit box for it takes up...

That combined with possibly not having the invulnerability timing down for the character I'm playing with (I've got Fox and Sheik down to a science... and not because I can actually see what frame it happens on) usually ends with me getting hit with anyone but Fox... and even Fox I mess up the timing from time to time. Granted, I don't do it with Fox much because I've done it and beaten it with him so its no point unless I'm doing a speed run.

Anywhoo... I'll probably get to those animations some time this week. I may not stream this week much since today was my only off day until Sunday. But I work evening shifts so I may stream later in the night (I get off at 8pm) which is usually good for most people that tend to watch my stream anyway.

Data, this is off topic, but would you be a doll and record a fight of Sora fighting Roxas? If you could get two people to do it that'd be even better... I really wanna see a good fight of them. Cheesy Oh, and feel free to give some feedback on Sora. Like I said, I see your feedback as constructive so I think it would help.

_Data_Drain_
    Heroic Kitten

« Reply #296 on: December 11, 2012, 12:40:03 AM »

Alright. That's fine. Take your time with the animations. The final release of Ridley doesn't need to be too soon... It's better to take time, then rush something.

Oddly enough... Tabuu's RROD move is one of the ones I have an easier time dodging. He gets me more with the chains then anything else.

As for Sora/Roxas... I might make a video for them. But I don't know how deep I'll go with feedback. Since I'm
    not as interested in them as I am Ridley, or Sephiroth. But when I can, I'll see what I can gather.

Kagemaru
    Angel Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #297 on: December 11, 2012, 01:03:50 AM »

I usually don't rush with animations. I'm just pretty fast with them. Especially when I already have an idea of what I wanna do. My process is that I usually spend my down time (which admittedly is a lot) Going over in my head how I want something to look, and since I'm an artist as well, I have acquired the skill to be able to put what I see in my head, on to paper, so I apply that skill to animating, which makes it easier. Its also why i learned how to do it so quickly Cheesy

And no worries about Roxas/Sora...

Funny thing is I wasn't that interested in Ridley but its actually turned out really good so I'd actually like for him to be ported to another character... (Maybe Charizard) cause while I do like Ridley, I'd like to keep Captain America or Ryu over Captain Falcon.

_Data_Drain_
    Heroic Kitten

« Reply #298 on: December 11, 2012, 01:21:30 AM »

I usually don't rush with animations. I'm just pretty fast with them. Especially when I already have an idea of what I wanna do. My process is that I usually spend my down time (which admittedly is a lot) Going over in my head how I want something to look, and since I'm an artist as well, I have acquired the skill to be able to put what I see in my head, on to paper, so I apply that skill to animating, which makes it easier. Its also why i learned how to do it so quickly Cheesy

And no worries about Roxas/Sora...

Funny thing is I wasn't that interested in Ridley but its actually turned out really good so I'd actually like for him to be ported to another character... (Maybe Charizard) cause while I do like Ridley, I'd like to keep Captain America or Ryu over Captain Falcon.
    Ah, good good.

I didn't say you rushed animations. I was saying you can make them at whatever pace you feel comfortable with. Since the best results are the ones that had time put into them.

And... Don't worry. When Ridley's done. I'll see what should be done with Roxas and Sora.

And... Yeah, at first, I wasn't so sure about Ridley either. When I downloaded the first beta, I was afraid he was gonna be too buggy. But I saw a LOT of potential... Which is thankfully being reached.
    Tongue

Edit: To whoever fixed Ridley in SSE... You might have to do so again. Since he has 4 jumps in SSE still. But this should probably come after all the end lag, and landing lag adjustments.
    « Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 03:46:34 AM by _Data_Drain_ » Logged

Carnage
    God Kitten

(retired)

• Awards Constructive Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Starstormer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #299 on: December 11, 2012, 05:03:31 AM »

Ah, good good.

I didn't say you rushed animations. I was saying you can make them at whatever pace you feel comfortable with. Since the best results are the ones that had time put into them.

And... Don't worry. When Ridley's done. I'll see what should be done with Roxas and Sora.

And... Yeah, at first, I wasn't so sure about Ridley either. When I downloaded the first beta, I was afraid he was gonna be too buggy. But I saw a LOT of potential... Which is thankfully being reached.
    Tongue

Edit: To whoever fixed Ridley in SSE... You might have to do so again. Since he has 4 jumps in SSE still. But this should probably come after all the end lag, and landing lag adjustments.
    SSE has its own atributes and i didnt change them to match vs mode lol it takes a simple change Tongue

About the grab thats charizard grab and charizard grab hitboxes maybe becuase ridley is bigger his hitboxes might not reach that far.

Samus could plummel him  maybe i didint send the version where it could? i have crony dark samus and he was plumming ridley preety well on my wii i must have send the 2nd newest version i guess since he can on my wii just tested.Also datadrain this is a size problem like i told you if i put ridley size one(charizard size) everyone can plumel him just fine even ivisaur its becuase he is bigger that this happens.

i think the down air is fine since its very hard to spike with it  and you wouldnt want to off screen or you die either way lol and its taill range isnt that op

Pages:  1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 ... 52
    Print
    Jump to: