Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 2 [3]
Author Topic: [Tutorial] How to do a "Special Grab/Throw" with Module! (Experts Only! BetaTut)  (Read 20501 times)
pikazz
Heroic Kitten

Machinimator!

• Awards Renowned Hacker Pin Collector Good Citizen Helping Hand

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #30 on: January 07, 2013, 10:36:12 AM »

Random question. I'm still working on Solidus and getting his tentacles to grab, but the type of special grab I want would look much better with the Capture__Snake__ actions which are already present in Solidus' file. Would I still need to do the Fighter.pac stuff if I don't want/need Falcon's capture animations?
    I believe it's possible to give another a throw, haven't test it yet in Module file thanks for I have been busy.

also, I believe I will hold on the tutorial until the rebuilder to REL files is workable for the easy sake

Stupid Tinypic :C

pikazz
    Heroic Kitten

Machinimator!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #31 on: February 11, 2013, 04:41:47 PM »

I Finally updated the guide! however, the tutorial is only a beta cause I used a Method[3][16] which is bad! (it's ganondorfs!)
    and it's lacking of pics!

I will update it with a better Method[3][16] later with more pic! I hope you understand how it works now however

Royal_Blade
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Heart Container B

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #32 on: February 11, 2013, 07:48:31 PM »

Would we have to make a thrown animation for the other character?

I mean, for my character to perform a special grab, ALL other characters would need that special thrown animation right?

But I don't want to put work into giving EVERY character my person's grabbed and thrown animation. Is there a way to use someone else's grabbed and thrown animation?

What I'm trying to say is:
    Could i use the generic grabbed/thrown animation but still make the move a special grab?
    So I don't have to go through all of the other characters module files.

Unless I'm understanding this wrong...

Quote from: br3compactor
    By the way, I think every active hacker in this forum could use less distractions.
    *Fixed URL*
    My PSA Thread

pikazz
    Heroic Kitten

Machinimator!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #33 on: February 12, 2013, 12:08:29 AM »

Would we have to make a thrown animation for the other character?

I mean, for my character to perform a special grab, ALL other characters would need that special thrown animation right?

But I don't want to put work into giving EVERY character my person's grabbed and thrown animation. Is there a way to use someone else's grabbed and thrown animation?

What I'm trying to say is:
    Could i use the generic grabbed/thrown animation but still make the move a special grab?
    So I don't have to go through all of the other characters module files.

Unless I'm understanding this wrong...
    you are understanding it wrong. your thrown animation will be in your FitCharacterMotionEct (the one who will do the special throw), that means everyone will use your thrown animation if you use special grab on them!
    as long you have the same name from the special grab, otherwise the opponent will be in T-stance if it isn't the same name!

but you can make custom animation to both your grab and thrown! the grab animation affects you and thrown affects the character that get thrown!

do you understand better now? :3

somen00b
    Advanced Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #34 on: March 27, 2013, 12:20:58 PM »

Can you post a video of the results of what you can do with this (meaning a sample move), I'm still confused as to what you get when your done...

pikazz
    Heroic Kitten

Machinimator!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #35 on: March 27, 2013, 03:13:42 PM »

Can you post a video of the results of what you can do with this (meaning a sample move), I'm still confused as to what you get when your done...
    sure, I can do a video of result I got from the tutorial

DrunkRussian
    Extreme Kitten

Resident Brawl Modding Weeb.

• Awards Hot Topic Ceiling Cat

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #36 on: June 06, 2014, 01:39:50 PM »

So, this is getting it to work like Ganons Side B
    But what if you just want to give Ganon multiple special throws? Like one mapped to Side B and another mapped to a different move/subaction. If the code is basically copied should it work no problem?

PSN:Undead_Baan
    My Youtube:http://www.youtube.com/channel/DrunkenRussianGaming
    Contains Hacks,Naruto Storm stuff, and other [censored]
    Current projects being worked on:Smash 4 Cloud,Gintok Sakata,Shishio Makoto,Deidara,Kenpachi Remake,Ryuko Matoi, Grimmjow, Hollow Ichigo V2

Pages:  1 2 [3]
    Print
    Jump to: