Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Brawl just got 20% cooler, Rainbow Dash beta released!!  (Read 4557 times)
turbobear
Mega Kitten

GONNA GO GET THE THING!!!

• Awards Hot Topic Favorite'd

• View Profile Awards
    « on: August 26, 2012, 03:38:32 PM »

Rainbow Dash beta 0.5
    download  http://www.mediafire.com/?mb1vr97e17zqj78

Everyone's favorite dare devil Pegasus has joined the brawl

includes normal (00) daring doo(01) wonderbolt(02) scootadash(03) and NMN shadowbolt(05) textures.
    main site for project http://www.vgponies.com/

So good news first:
    RAINBOW DASH IN BRAWL!!!!!
    animations/attacks are ~ 40% done

And now the bad news/why we need your help:
    the two specials we have "done" only kinda work
    several bone indexing issues, like the pixel explosion when grabbed
    we dont have a full moveset nailed down
    issues with models for external gfx

How you can help:
    we need another psa'er, preferably someone who knows how to do some kinda advanced stuff....unlike me
    feedback/ideas about/for the moveset we have now

as for the specials that dont work, here is what they should do:

side b is supposed to be a forward rush that moves into a flurry of attacks by dash if it hits or can just recover

will also have rainbow flight trail, im just trying to get it to work first

Up b is going to be a tornado that pulls the enemy in towards its center and can be canceled into a divebomb attack or can be used as a recovery attack
     kinda like this (sorry for crappy pivot)
    ]

I'm sorry if the post is unorganized/missing stuff We wanted to have a more smoothed out beta together before the next release, but we've hit a wall with some problems and need the help of the community

You do not need to be a brony/like ponies to help with this project
    we are trying to make this a legitimately good moveset for brawl, not just a half-flanked effort to put ponies in brawl.  
    I will update this as we go and thanks in advance for you help Kirby Dance Kirby Dance Kirby Dance
    « Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 01:25:17 PM by turbobear » Logged

BriefCasey795
    Supreme Kitten

What does one poot here?

• Awards Heart Container RAGE!! Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: August 28, 2012, 11:22:07 AM »

*Reserved for any cause*

I'm back after a long while.

UmFpbmJvdyBEYXNo
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: August 31, 2012, 04:56:37 PM »

I suppose you said to respond over here, so hi.   Smiley

Anyway, I did some tweaking of your files and made things work a little better. Relatively.
    I don't know what you want to do with the specials... so I just made them work again (like in the first release, anyway) so Dash is more playable...
    I also made the HipN bone index reference properly, so the main throwing glitch is fixed... but then there's this strange physics problem, which I don't even know why it's happening. Dash goes downward diagonally when thrown, even through stages... I suspect some sort of collision problem with the bones, though. I tried a bunch of stuff on this but can't seem to figure it out. Oh well, maybe someone else knows what it is...

Other than fixing an animation ("SpecialHiFly") so it wasn't so messy in gameplay, that's it.

turbobear
    Mega Kitten

GONNA GO GET THE THING!!!

• Awards Hot Topic Favorite'd

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: September 01, 2012, 01:29:06 PM »

I suppose you said to respond over here, so hi.   Smiley

Anyway, I did some tweaking of your files and made things work a little better. Relatively.
    I don't know what you want to do with the specials... so I just made them work again (like in the first release, anyway) so Dash is more playable...
    I also made the HipN bone index reference properly, so the main throwing glitch is fixed... but then there's this strange physics problem, which I don't even know why it's happening. Dash goes downward diagonally when thrown, even through stages... I suspect some sort of collision problem with the bones, though. I tried a bunch of stuff on this but can't seem to figure it out. Oh well, maybe someone else knows what it is...

Other than fixing an animation ("SpecialHiFly") so it wasn't so messy in gameplay, that's it.
    I've updated what the specials are supposed to be, as of right now they dont move and idk why they freeze up but im pretty sure it has something to do with the if statements in the subactions tab, also how did you do the indexing thing? i know nothing about models/bones

UmFpbmJvdyBEYXNo
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: September 02, 2012, 03:41:21 PM »

I've updated what the specials are supposed to be, as of right now they dont move and idk why they freeze up but im pretty sure it has something to do with the if statements in the subactions tab, also how did you do the indexing thing? i know nothing about models/bones

I don't know too much about psa, but I'll look at what I can do in a bit.

As for the indexing, the FitPit.pac file has some important information in it pertaining to bone index numbers. Namely, when a character is grabbed/thrown, the bone that is "grabbed" is the HipN bone, and it needs to be a certain index for each character if you don't change the "FitCharacter.pac" file. For Pit the number is 12 normally... but you can change it. I used the program called Tabuu, but you can use BrawlBox now: Where you need to go after opening the FitPit.pac file is: FitCharacter > MoveDef_FitCharacter > Sections > data > Misc Section > [10] Bone References. The second number here is the HipN bone reference. (Other useful ones here are the first one, the ThrowN bone index, and the fifth one, the TransN bone index.)

A very helpful resource I found (and the place I learned to do this): http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=9248.msg104838#msg104838

Hope this helps.

EDIT: Also, I feel like making hitboxes and stuff for a move would be easier if they have animations made...
    « Last Edit: September 02, 2012, 10:34:42 PM by UmFpbmJvdyBEYXNo » Logged

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: