Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: ToadKart's Stages  (Read 3752 times)
ToadKart
Hyper Kitten

• Awards Ceiling Cat

• View Profile Awards
    « on: September 07, 2012, 11:55:35 PM »

These are my first attempt at making stages. Just wanted to do some simple 2D Sonic stages. They're all almost finished, just need to work a bit on the collisions and spawn points.

Scrap Brain Zone

Ice Cap Zone

Launch Base Zone

Sky Sanctuary Zone

Death Egg Zone

« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 12:59:17 AM by ToadKart » Logged

Good Guy Giygas
    Expert Kitten

True heroes are always needed.

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: September 08, 2012, 08:01:32 AM »

These look awesome! Scrap Brain Zone's one of my favorite Sonic levels, looks really cool!

ToadKart
    Hyper Kitten

• Awards Ceiling Cat

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: September 08, 2012, 10:13:37 AM »

Thanks. Smiley

I still have to fix a problem with that stage. Player 1 seems to spawn inside of one of those pods and immediately falls to his death, lol. Not quite sure how to change the spawn point(I'm just using a template for these), so I'll probably just have to move the pod over a bit.

Everything else(4 players and items) seems to work fine on the stages, just need to touch up the collisions a bit. It's kind of hard to tell on 2d stages.

Forte
    Mega Kitten

Artistic Overture...

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: September 08, 2012, 01:41:37 PM »

Nice work on recreating these.

I still have to fix a problem with that stage. Player 1 seems to spawn inside of one of those pods and immediately falls to his death, lol. Not quite sure how to change the spawn point(I'm just using a template for these), so I'll probably just have to move the pod over a bit.

Everything else(4 players and items) seems to work fine on the stages, just need to touch up the collisions a bit. It's kind of hard to tell on 2d stages.

You don't have to move the pod, just edit the spawn points. Go to ModelData [101]'s bones and find the player0E/player0N through player3E/player3N bones and those are the values that you'll want edit.

Here's a guide I find pretty useful for stage editing. Scroll down the page and you learn how to edit things such as death boundaries, rebirth points, item spawns, etc.
    - Forte

Leon Exodio
    Holy Kitten

Im back!!

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker >9000 King for a Day

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #4 on: September 08, 2012, 02:14:21 PM »

not a big fan of 2d stages but they look nice i just may try them out

ToadKart
    Hyper Kitten

• Awards Ceiling Cat

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: September 08, 2012, 03:47:41 PM »

Nice work on recreating these.
    You don't have to move the pod, just edit the spawn points. Go to ModelData [101]'s bones and find the player0E/player0N through player3E/player3N bones and those are the values that you'll want edit.

Here's a guide I find pretty useful for stage editing. Scroll down the page and you learn how to edit things such as death boundaries, rebirth points, item spawns, etc.
    - Forte

When I did that and then went to save it, I got this error: "Object reference not set to an instance of an object".

Where exactly do I edit the x and y axis under the player0E-player3E? I thought it was the numbers next to Translation, but that's how I got an error.

Post Merge: September 10, 2012, 12:59:45 AM
    Added preview for Death Egg Zone.
    « Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 12:59:45 AM by ToadKart » Logged

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: