Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Vertice in the hex world: locations  (Read 6127 times)
Allbait
Supreme Kitten

Fin Dovahkiin Fent Qahnaar Pah Paalle

• Awards Ninja Hot Topic Starstormer Dedicated Hacker

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « on: June 23, 2012, 07:05:17 PM »

So I'm the kind of guy that uses hex to mix vertex hacks and such.. I've recently lost a LOT of my hex data  Im srs here
    Thus the idea for this thread was born! What is this thread you ask? Its where offsets for vertice points are kept (safely) in hex (I use HxD) and what part of the polygon they belong to! This means you can mix polygon parts of different vertex hacks.
    The way its gonna work is this:
    1-We never consider the first line of an exported vertex file so we delete that before getting our data.

2-First we name what part of the polygon this area(s) is (if its something that's split between left/right like Zelda's head then add to the name what side it is like: Zelda head right or Zelda head left)

3- The way that is clearest to use this is by showing the length, the begin offset and the end offset in the VERTEX file, never the .mdl0. (If you don't know what I mean by vertex file: the vertex.ddf except this time we don't add the .ddf and don't have to give it any other name than the original)

Anyway.. Here's a bit of data from something I just worked on:

Character: Link
    Name: Hair (updated)
    Vertex: FitLink00_BeltM__FitLink00_FitLink_BodyB (Original Length - first line = 3B50)
    Begin Offset: 14AA
    End Offset: 1D43
    Length: 89A

So yeah.. If anyone wants to help fill this data in to make it easier to find vertices feel free to post. I hope this thread is actually useful to someone other than me >.<

Post Merge: June 23, 2012, 07:11:05 PM

Thread is a WIP, second post will show how to use this stuff and such.. My internet is extremely slow atm so please be patient.
    « Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 10:19:28 PM by Alses » Logged

Friend Safari: Bug (Masquerain, Butterfree, Pinsir)
    4613-8365-7114

BlackJax96
    Brawl Mod God
    Boss Kitten

• Awards KCMM Veteran Sniper King for a Day Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: June 23, 2012, 07:14:08 PM »

You know you can export and replace vertex sets using Brawlbox v0.65+, right? Your changes are saved...
    (I can delete this post after you post a response so you can have two posts btw)
    « Last Edit: June 23, 2012, 07:15:14 PM by BlackJax96 » Logged

Allbait
    Supreme Kitten

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2012, 07:22:05 PM »

You know you can export and replace vertex sets using Brawlbox v0.65+, right? Your changes are saved...
    (I can delete this post after you post a response so you can have two posts btw)

I think this is way faster to do XD Just export both vertices from 2 dif vertex hacks, select the data of the part of the polygon you want then put it onto your model Tongue I suck at explaining .___. The export/import changes all of the vertices in the model thus I cannot use Dark Samus' chest without changing her hand too so this way would allow me to select only her chest..  Rawr I suck XP

Edit: Tutorial thingy here

So, just for the sake of showing how this works, I present to you the models I'll be using as an example
    Model A: A semi-import vertex mix (semi import because the hair is now a different polygon)
    Model B: A vertex

To get the imported hair and the face like model A to model B I need to make the hair go away like this:
    on model B

I'll start with the face (replacing the whole vertex can be done with BB but this way is also able if you want to)

1-Export the vertex of the original model and the new one and delete the first line of both

2-After doing that put the .mdl0 into the hex editor then select all of the lines in the original vertex file and use search on the model file.

3-Then copy all of the data from the new vertex onto the model (should be the same amount of lines unless you did something wrong or are trying to mix incompatible models)

And that takes care of the face part you wanted to give to the other model!

Now to make the hair disappear like magic (I used Beyond's Zero for the hair to shrink)

Repeat step 1

4-To select the hair WITHOUT touching his earings, boots and hands instead of selecting all of the lines you goto the offset, using the data on this thread (currently only has Link's hair..), inside both the original and new vertex files.

5-Drag down until you reach the correct length or offset (I check with length since its clearer to see)

6-Use copy and search from the original vertex on the model and replace the data on the model with the new vertex...

7-Complain that I suck at explaining

8-???

9- Profit!
    Now all I need is to import the hair onto this model and texture it correctly <3

I hope this is an okay tutorial XP
    « Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 07:34:26 PM by Alses » Logged

4613-8365-7114

BlackJax96
    Brawl Mod God
    Boss Kitten

• Awards KCMM Veteran Sniper King for a Day Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: June 23, 2012, 08:15:13 PM »

I think this is way faster to do XD Just export both vertices from 2 dif vertex hacks, select the data of the part of the polygon you want then put it onto your model Tongue I suck at explaining .___. The export/import changes all of the vertices in the model thus I cannot use Dark Samus' chest without changing her hand too so this way would allow me to select only her chest..  Rawr I suck XP

Mmmmmmk, suit yourself Tongue

Allbait
    Supreme Kitten

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2012, 01:23:38 PM »

Updated link's hair data, now it should be more accurate.  Gonna post Link's right and left earrings when I have the time to check and then finish up his polygon 0... So I guess this thread will only be useful for me to not lose data? XD

4613-8365-7114

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: