Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  [1] 2 3 4 5
Author Topic: Hacking Quality is down! News at 10!  (Read 15100 times)
Velen
Resident Lucario
Boss Kitten

Insert totally self gratifying [censored] here. ; )

• Awards Famous Hacker Sniper Heart Container Ceiling Cat

• View Profile Awards
    « on: September 29, 2012, 08:41:16 PM »

There has always been crud on the Vault. Always has been, always will be, but quite frankly, the influx of such bad hacks is so frequent that [censored]NoBrawlVault could end up making daily posts for years, five times a day. What am I implying? I am imply there is a dreadful lack of quality in the Vault these days.

Lemme show you two texture hacks.

vs
    Which is the quality hack? If you guessed the one on the left, then you know what some of us hope to expect.

Next we move onto Model Imports.

vs
    Which is the quality hack? If you guessed on the on the right. Then you should know better than doing what the

It is a completely half-assed rig. That is all there is to it., and the lack of block colors shows the person has some texturing potential on that Lucario texture, at the least.

There are noobs flooding the vault with pointless, unambitious, and overall plain bad hacks that set bad examples for the community as a whole.
    « Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 12:07:48 AM by Velen » Logged

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

SJS
    Clastic Sandtastic
    Brawl Vault Staff

• Awards The Gentlepin Hyperactive Contributor >9000 Hey! Listen!

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #1 on: September 29, 2012, 08:45:07 PM »

This is tragically rude.

Look at my CSPs. While you're at it, come and help fix some broken hacks.. Don't stop! Check out LSTeam's cBliss recolor project.

Velen
    Resident Lucario
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: September 29, 2012, 08:47:13 PM »

This is tragically rude.

Sugarcoating is not something I'm good at.

SJS
    Clastic Sandtastic
    Brawl Vault Staff

• Awards The Gentlepin Hyperactive Contributor >9000 Hey! Listen!

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2012, 08:57:19 PM »

It seems more like "Agree with my quality standards or you are stupid and tragic."

If a hack can successfully convey the ideas and images that it's trying to get people to see, then it's not a completely tragic failure.

Look at my CSPs. While you're at it, come and help fix some broken hacks.. Don't stop! Check out LSTeam's cBliss recolor project.

Pik
    Holy Kitten

i like the way you die boi

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Starstormer Former PMDT

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: September 29, 2012, 09:04:42 PM »

Well, he's right to a large degree- Mods are getting uninteresting and kinda petty. Most of them are a "who cares?" thing. Like I've said, there's a significant lack of creativity needed these days.

Also, I thought that Lucario was the Masked Man for a second. Damn, I need to finish him! gettin to my head
    « Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 09:10:09 PM by Pik » Logged

[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]

Velen
    Resident Lucario
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: September 29, 2012, 09:08:06 PM »

It seems more like "Agree with my quality standards or you are stupid and tragic."

If a hack can successfully convey the ideas and images that it's trying to get people to see, then it's not a completely tragic failure.

I call something a completely tragic failure if it's below what I would consider acceptable. The Arceus hack is garishly below what I would consider acceptable. That's just being extremely lazy, and uncaring to boot. It's just fodder for the people who don't know any better. That Arceus doesn't even have any moving limbs. At all. The Giratina hack made by the same guy is just as bad, if not worse. That model wasn't even smoothed.

It's like the importer didn't give a [censored] at all about what he was doing. If the models at least had some semblance of moving limbs in either of them, I would be more forgiving with my words.

-but those two hacks in particular are just the butt-ass fugly low of hack quality, the Giratina one in particular. The Lucario Photo Negative texture I showed I am more forgiving about only because my main field of hacking is texturing, and I myself have made simple recolors before, but the Aura Glow (I think it's name is) is a higher quality hack that shows creative thinking. For me, when it comes to textures. Anything that is a mere block color is unacceptable, with some special exceptions under certain conditions.

ShadowSnake
    Venomous Hacker
    Heroic Kitten

Back from the dead to mod Smash-U

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Star Hacker Starstormer KCMM Veteran

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2012, 09:25:31 PM »

I agree with you Vel, i cant stand how there are only a few good mods out these days. Its like i have to import everthing i want in brawl because someone has done the stuff on my to do list but its an awful import and i cant live with a bad import. Thats why i have 150 imports on my to-do-list. Because people cant get it right! >=(

This is exactly why i want to make a model rigging tutorial, so there wont be anymore half-assed imports.

I am at the point where i only download imports from people i know who do a good job, like nanobuds, starwaffle, etc.

uninteresting = one bone import without metal, fs eyes, expressions, unsmoothed
    interesting = full rig with fingers rigged, expressions, moving eyes, new texture, etc.

I DONT TAKE REQUESTS.

Segtendo
    Local Marie Fanboy
    Special Access

Cold queen

• Awards Starstormer PC Core Gamer 128-bit Core Gamer Super Saiyan Topic

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2012, 10:52:13 PM »

Yea. I have noticed a decline in quality hacks lately. I, honestly, think that that LST and IST have the best hacks right now, seeing as how they actually care for their hacks.
    interesting = full rig with fingers rigged, expressions, moving eyes, new texture, etc.
    Don't forget, if needed, a sexy shine.

: SW-2632-7270-6724

Velen
    Resident Lucario
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8 on: September 29, 2012, 11:30:16 PM »

Yea. I have noticed a decline in quality hacks lately. I, honestly, think that that LST and IST have the best hacks right now, seeing as how they actually care for their hacks.Don't forget, if needed, a sexy shine.

About the shines. I think people should try making their own shine textures.

Albafika
    Anti-Christ
    Administrator

• Awards Epic Restorer Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker PC Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #9 on: September 29, 2012, 11:50:51 PM »

I only DL stuff from some of the members of LST. It's been a long time since I've had any interest in lurking the Vault for new hacks. Most are [censored]ty imports, really [censored]ty imports. So I stick to old Vertexes / New imports from some of LST, and seldom ones from other hackers.

BlackJax96
    Brawl Mod God
    Boss Kitten

• Awards KCMM Veteran Sniper King for a Day Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #10 on: September 29, 2012, 11:57:58 PM »

I only DL stuff from some of the members of LST. It's been a long time since I've had any interest in lurking the Vault for new hacks. Most are [censored]ty imports, really [censored]ty imports. So I stick to old Vertexes / New imports from some of LST, and seldom ones from other hackers.

I agree... I'm really picky about hacks I download.
    I'll only use my own mods and download from consistently good modders, really.

I agree with you Vel, i cant stand how there are only a few good mods out these days. Its like i have to import everthing i want in brawl because someone has done the stuff on my to do list but its an awful import and i cant live with a bad import. Thats why i have 150 imports on my to-do-list. Because people cant get it right! >=(

This is exactly why i want to make a model rigging tutorial, so there wont be anymore half-assed imports.

I am at the point where i only download imports from people i know who do a good job, like nanobuds, starwaffle, etc.

uninteresting = one bone import without metal, fs eyes, expressions, unsmoothed

Fully agree with everything you just said.

Some things are easy to do and/or are just things that should always be done (like smoothing the model) and yet they aren't done and are still uploaded to the vault.

And it also seems like people literally just get models and throw them in the game and say the character has been imported.
    And yet the import looks completely lifeless.

I like to use imports that look like they're alive and actually fighting for a cause. :O

I have "Wherever Vyse goes, cool follows."

ShadowSnake
    Venomous Hacker
    Heroic Kitten

Back from the dead to mod Smash-U

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Star Hacker Starstormer KCMM Veteran

« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2012, 12:11:31 AM »

I agree... I'm really picky about hacks I download.
    I'll only use my own mods and download from consistently good modders, really.

Fully agree with everything you just said.

Some things are easy to do and/or are just things that should always be done (like smoothing the model) and yet they aren't done and are still uploaded to the vault.

And it also seems like people literally just get models and throw them in the game and say the character has been imported.
    And yet the import looks completely lifeless.

I like to use imports that look like they're alive and actually fighting for a cause. :O

I have "Wherever Vyse goes, cool follows."

It especially should disappoint you, after all that work on the new brawlbox only a handful of modders use it to its good full potential. People dont even appreciate all the work that was put into it.

Adding stuff like moving eyes and shine isnt even hard and it makes the character come to life, the sickest rigs are the one bone ones or the ones with bad bone alignment and no use of the magic blend tool.

Only LST? you obviously have never tried one of Nanobud's imports.

exactly why i used your/nano's metal sonic shine texture on one of my recent mods. That brawl one is pretty bad.

Don't forget, if needed, a sexy shine.

yes, forgot about that. Shine textures make a nice difference, imagine Metal Sonic, Arbiter or Iron Man without it.

I DONT TAKE REQUESTS.

nernerman
    Hyper Kitten

Whaddya mean I'm not sexy?

• Awards RAGE!! Warm Welcomer Active Contributor Shadow the Pinhog

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #12 on: September 30, 2012, 12:29:43 AM »

Seeing this almost makes me afraid to upload anymore hacks to be honest.

My youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIZiiqCTRpJzGerDPthk_BQ

My Twitter
    https://twitter.com/jnernerman

Add me on video games and stuffs

XBOX Live- nernerman
    PSN- nernerman
    League Of Legends- nernerman
    Steam- nernerman
    WiiU- nernerman

2DS code- 3239-3643-3359
    3DS code- 1934-0670-6807

Skype- Jordan Miller (nernermansdesktop)
    Skype- Jordan Miller (nernermanslaptop)]

Velen
    Resident Lucario
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #13 on: September 30, 2012, 12:36:36 AM »

Seeing this almost makes me afraid to upload anymore hacks to be honest.

Your colors are pretty good for being color blind. The main thing about them is the color changes are mostly block colors. You could fix that very simply if you use a program with layers like Photoshop or Paint.NET, or GIMP.

nernerman
    Hyper Kitten

Whaddya mean I'm not sexy?

• Awards RAGE!! Warm Welcomer Active Contributor Shadow the Pinhog

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #14 on: September 30, 2012, 12:49:57 AM »

Ok. Thank you. I'm glad that you gave me some positive feed back. And I will do what I can to make my stuff look better.

My youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIZiiqCTRpJzGerDPthk_BQ

My Twitter
    https://twitter.com/jnernerman

Add me on video games and stuffs

XBOX Live- nernerman
    PSN- nernerman
    League Of Legends- nernerman
    Steam- nernerman
    WiiU- nernerman

2DS code- 3239-3643-3359
    3DS code- 1934-0670-6807

Skype- Jordan Miller (nernermansdesktop)
    Skype- Jordan Miller (nernermanslaptop)]

Pages:  [1] 2 3 4 5
    Print
    Jump to: