Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: rainbow dash v 0.9001 release  (Read 38659 times)
pikazz
Heroic Kitten

Machinimator!

• Awards Renowned Hacker Pin Collector Good Citizen Helping Hand

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #15 on: January 09, 2013, 03:12:59 AM »

how are the pixel explosion you are talking about?

does the model explodes and gets stretchs all over the screen when being throwed? caused it's easy to fix that

Stupid Tinypic :C

zutox
    Supreme Kitten

• Awards Donator Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #16 on: January 09, 2013, 07:31:14 AM »

does the model explodes and gets stretchs all over the screen when being throwed? caused it's easy to fix that

Yes, once someone grabs her she is splattered all over the screen XD

You Never Know!

turbobear
    Mega Kitten

GONNA GO GET THE THING!!!

• Awards Hot Topic Favorite'd

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #17 on: January 09, 2013, 04:40:10 PM »

How exactly would you fix that I found snoopy's guide and did what it said but that didnt work,   I found something else that involved changing her bone tree and that broke the psa...I'm currently reworking it but if someone can get me a quicker fix  that would be amazing.

pikazz
    Heroic Kitten

Machinimator!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #18 on: January 10, 2013, 12:32:18 AM »

I was the one who found the solution to that problem some years ago and it's really a easy fix!

go to Rainbow Dash's PSA in Brawlbox, go down to her "Thrown" subaction (the subaction there she gets thrown, not throwing the opponent) and remove "FixedTransation" and "FixedScale" flag on all thrown subaction.

Including all DK thrown, Snakethrown, Ganonspecials Thrown, Captain Falcons UP B Throw, Bowsers SideB thrown, Warios B, Kirbys/Dedede B and Yoshis B thrown. that should fix the Thrown for EVERY throw in the game

zutox
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #19 on: January 10, 2013, 08:56:29 AM »

I was the one who found the solution to that problem some years ago and it's really a easy fix!

go to Rainbow Dash's PSA in Brawlbox, go down to her "Thrown" subaction (the subaction there she gets thrown, not throwing the opponent) and remove "FixedTransation" and "FixedScale" flag on all thrown subaction.

Including all DK thrown, Snakethrown, Ganonspecials Thrown, Captain Falcons UP B Throw, Bowsers SideB thrown, Warios B, Kirbys/Dedede B and Yoshis B thrown. that should fix the Thrown for EVERY throw in the game

This could possibly also save that long dead Klonoa project perhaps. Oh I miss that.
    Thank you a lot for sharing, I'm sure this is something a lot of people can benefit from!

You Never Know!

turbobear
    Mega Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #20 on: January 10, 2013, 08:36:22 PM »

*ahem*  PIKAZZ IS BEST PONY!!!!! [/canterlot voice]

seriously though thank you! that glitch has been bugging me since we started this project.  download link has been updated with a working version.

I'm not sure if this applies to you pikazz but /)

zutox
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #21 on: January 10, 2013, 08:49:17 PM »

I happily downloaded! Cheesy
    I'm quite curious as to what her FS will be, I really am :O
    Am thinking something like the assist trophy Kat & Ana, where she will fly across the screen multiple times, hitting people with her rainbow trail left behind until the FS ends. Now that would fit her well wouldn't it?
    Or, is her FS already planned?  I love Final Smashes XD
    « Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 08:52:07 PM by zutox » Logged

You Never Know!

turbobear
    Mega Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #22 on: January 10, 2013, 09:21:51 PM »

We don't have exact details but the plan has generally been the sonic rainboom since it's her signature move but I know we will need a model for it

pikazz
    Heroic Kitten

Machinimator!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #23 on: January 11, 2013, 05:44:53 AM »

*ahem*  PIKAZZ IS BEST PONY!!!!! [/canterlot voice]

seriously though thank you! that glitch has been bugging me since we started this project.  download link has been updated with a working version.

I'm not sure if this applies to you pikazz but /)
    just glad to help xD

ZerOcarina
    Intermediate Kitten

Water wets.

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #24 on: January 25, 2013, 01:40:51 PM »

Woah, this Rainbow Dash is very cool to play ! But how about alternatives costumes ? Like a Derpy one ?
    Oh no, you don't have to do it. It is here : https://hotfile.com/dl/190665620/614c2e5/Rainbrawl_Dash_-_Derpy_costume.zip.html
    It really works, that's my favorite costume !

turbobear
    Mega Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #25 on: January 25, 2013, 04:08:46 PM »

very nice,  the main reason I haven't done a derpy yet is because I don't know how to do the eye thing.  I figured I would keep what I had and either someone would eventually do one or I would figure it out. 
       I can either give you credit for this in the next release or you can just submit it to the vault and give credit for the model (xiggah made it i think) I and I can link it on in OP

ZerOcarina
    Intermediate Kitten

Water wets.

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #26 on: January 26, 2013, 02:39:25 PM »

I'll take the first solution. This Rainbow Dash is awesome. Cheesy
    « Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 04:30:43 AM by ZerOcarina » Logged

charatchan
    Advanced Kitten

>^.^< Meow >^.^<

• Awards Favorite'd

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #27 on: January 29, 2013, 06:40:17 PM »

Rainbow Dash's sword trail:

I loaded Rainbow's sword trail in photoshop and rotated it 90 degrees clockwise and then put it back on her.

In game this makes an actual rainbow sword trail that is much more accurate.  I don't mean to criticize;  I'm just trying to help.

Also I think you should maybe generate a constant sword trail coming from her tail during her run animations.  That way when she is running / flying she will always have a rainbow following her.

I'm not really too good at this stuff.  I know I've made a few things but honestly it was all a bunch of trial and error and took a lot of time.  I'll suggest more in the future if I can.

"Life is something that happens when you can't get to sleep" -- Fran Lebowitz

zutox
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #28 on: January 29, 2013, 07:53:20 PM »

I loaded Rainbow's sword trail in photoshop and rotated it 90 degrees clockwise and then put it back on her.

In game this makes an actual rainbow sword trail that is much more accurate.  I don't mean to criticize;  I'm just trying to help.

Also I think you should maybe generate a constant sword trail coming from her tail during her run animations.  That way when she is running / flying she will always have a rainbow following her.

I'm not really too good at this stuff.  I know I've made a few things but honestly it was all a bunch of trial and error and took a lot of time.  I'll suggest more in the future if I can.

This sounds like a good idea.
    Could possibly also be used to enhance a lot of her animations as well as perhaps aid in the creation of her FS

You Never Know!

turbobear
    Mega Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #29 on: January 30, 2013, 08:07:50 AM »

Thanks for the input honestly I thought about trying that but once the current one worked I stuck with it (I've never used a sword trail before so I know nothing about texturing them).  I plan on adding more trails to her but ATM I'm busy with school so progress is slow so anyone who wants to try to help is welcome to but I will change the texture now that I know it works.  Also trial and error is the best way to learn with this stuff Smiley

Pages:  1 [2] 3 4
    Print
    Jump to: