Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Custom Stage Select  (Read 5373 times)
SunkenGhostShip
Newbie Kitten

View Profile WWW Awards
« on: December 04, 2012, 07:34:15 AM »

I tried looking everywhere for how to create your own stage select screen, and I found no help.
I'm trying to replace stage images to that of what I replaced the stage as.
For example, I replaced Battlefield with Bell Tower, but I don't want the Battlefield image on the select screen.
What files or programs would I need to alter everything?
Would I also be able to change the text to say Bell Tower instead of Battlefield?
I'm using the Project M mods for your information.
I am also trying to remove stages, and also move stages between the main screen and the MORE screen.

If anyone could shine some light on this topic, it would be great (:

Speedy101
Holy Kitten

You were my New Dream

• Awards Warm Welcomer Good Citizen Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: December 04, 2012, 09:48:14 AM »

This might work
    Download the common5_en.pac from here and open it with BrawlBox. Then

personas: [Nathan Drake Cole Mcgrath(Street  Fighter X tekken version  Jonah Hex Johnny storm Cilf Hudson Sonic Chuck Greene Frank West batman wolverine the Flash Green Lantern  Superman  Marty Mcfly  The atom(Dc universe comics)  Mimic (The Exlies  comics version) Alan Wake  Rambo  Indiana Jones and others

WarioManX
    Unofficial Ninja
    Special Access

Silent but deadly!

• Awards 128-bit Hardcore Gamer Dedicated Hacker Featured Rising Restorer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: December 04, 2012, 05:37:21 PM »

Replacing images is extremely simple, it's the second thing I taught myself how to do in BrawlBox. Here's an excerpt from my next tutorial (which is still in the works) explaining where all the images involved are.

Everything you're looking for is in "sc_selmap_en", which is in "common5_en.pac". Open "common5_en.pac" up in BrawlBox and you'll see the following:

You want the BRRES file (or Resource File) labeled "MiscData[80]". Look in its Textures folder.

There's a lot here, and I mean a LOT! Don't worry, we'll do through the important ones one at a time.

The small icons you select on the Stage menu are called "MenSelmapIcon.##", obviously the hashes (a.k.a. number signs) stand for the ID numbers of the stage. To swap the image with one you want, right-click the file and select "Replace".

The name of the stage is also an image, known as "MenSelmapFrontStname.##". If you wish to make your own nameplate you'll have to create a black panel with white letters to make it display correctly. Easily doable in MS Paint, GIMP, Photoshop, or any other photo-editing program you can think of. Like before and all images to come, you can easily replace images you want by using "Replace", which can also be done by selecting the file (left-clicking) and hotkeying "Ctrl+R".

The Franchise icon like Fox's emblem displays next to nameplates are called "MenSelchrMark.##" Don't be thrown off by the fact there's nothing in the image, I did that to all mine because all my stages are skinned; many don't fit the shared Franchise Icons anymore and were just starting to look stupid.

The Game logos like "StarFox" appear above the nameplate, and are called "MenSelmapMark.##". Again, I've removed all of mine.

Then we have the large image that displays a picture of the stage. These are called "MenSelmapPrevbase.##".

There's a few other things you should know. First, of course, is SAVE!

There's another section where Stage information can apply, in "sc_selcharacter2_en". Open it and you'll see a single PAC (ARC) file labeled "MenuRule_en", which when opened only contains a single Resource File called "ModelData[0]". Open it and get into its textures folder.

This is where data stored in the rules menus are stored, which includes the Random Stage Switch. This is purely optional, but something I always do. Here there are only two images to change, the first being the "MenSelmapIcon.##" images. Some are the same as before, but many have slightly different ID numbers in here, like so:

We once was 15 but now we 14! Okay, getting back on track, the other one is a new one, "MenStageSwitch.##". Please tell me you know what this image is for...

Okay, fine! It's the image that displays at the bottom of the screen when turning off or on a stage in the Random Stage Switch. And below it is its name! In "MiscData[1]" you'll see all the names that display this way. Just find the original name and type in the name you want to replace it.

Finally there is one more thing that can and should be done: Uniform! "common5_en.pac" contains data that displayed when preparing to BRAWL or Special BRAWL, but "mu_menumain_en.pac" contains data that displays when in the main menus.

Right-click both "MenuRule_en" from "sc_selcharacter2_en" and "MiscData[80]" from "sc_selmap_en" and select "Export". Not "Export All", you'll get WAY more then you want.

Then open "mu_menumain_en.pac". There's quite a bit of data here too, but that's for another time. Just right-click "MiscData[0]" and select Replace, replace it with "MiscData[80].brres".

Then at the bottom of "mu_menumain_en.pac" you'll find another "MenuRule_en", Replace it with your new "MenuRule_en.pac".

We're done! Everything should now look just the way you want it to, and be uniform between menus!

As for the stage swapping, use Mewtwo2000's Stage Roster Expansion Tool. Follow his tutorial on how to use it and you should be able to figure out how to swap stages around. I don't know about removing but I wouldn't recommend that, I just move stuff I don't normally play to the Melee side so I don't have to look at them.

With my desktop out of commission I am on hiatus until further notice.
    But I'm still playing plenty of Hyrule Warriors & Smash 3DS!
    NNID: WarioMANX | 3DS FC: 4596-9459-1042
    (I'll accept any NNID add, but PM me your 3DS FC if you add my 3DS)
    Best color, most stars, and least amount of power. The good life.

SunkenGhostShip
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #3 on: December 04, 2012, 07:54:12 PM »

Wow, thanks! Everything seems really helpful.
    I'll get started and let you know how it goes.
    Thanks so much!

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: