Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: BrawlBox/PSA for Mac  (Read 26631 times)
SAHunterMech
Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2013, 12:52:10 PM »

That's odd... I've just checked the link myself and it's perfectly fine. I made sure to log out of my MediaFire account too.

Maybe try another browser?

This Is A Username
Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2013, 05:11:36 PM »

Sorry with the late reply. I managed to open the files on another computer and send them to my main one, so  I guess it's just my sucky old computer being an ass.

SAHunterMech
Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2013, 06:28:44 PM »

Well, good to know my files still work.

Son of Kratos
Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2013, 03:27:35 AM »

Mac user here- it seems the downlaod only has 7 files, yet you say there are 8 :\

Never used wineskin before, but its telling me there are no .exe to even wrap. May I ask for assistance? Shocked

SAHunterMech
Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2013, 10:11:22 AM »

Sure thing. Nice to see another mac user on the forums...

So, first off, when I said 8 files, that was just a mistake; my bad. Second, did you get all the files to download without any trouble? Third, did you concatenate them with 'Split and Concat'?

Assuming you did all that, and you successfully got the BrawlBox application out of it, if the program isn't working when you open it, just double click on it while holding option. Then, click 'Advanced' in the resulting menu. In the Advanced settings, at the top, click on the 'Browse' button next to 'Windows EXE'.

From there, Wineskin should send you to drive C, and you will be able to see the BrawlBox and ProjectSmash attacks folders. All you have to do is navigate to the .exe of your choice, choose it, and quit the program. Upon reopening it, it should open up BrawlBox/PSA.

Son of Kratos
Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2013, 04:00:05 PM »

You lost me at "concatenate them with split and concat" :\

Sorry to be a bother, but could you explain?

SAHunterMech
Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2013, 05:31:14 PM »

Not a problem. This is Split and Concat; download it.
After you get it up and running, make sure you put all the downloaded parts into a folder, by themselves. Then, select 'Concat', and select the first part (001). It should assemble it into the application for you.

As for the actual explanation, the reason I split one app into 8 parts is because a free Mediafire account only allows files with size up to 100MB. Past that, you have to pay for it. Concatenation is just the fancy word used for putting the pieces of a split file together.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2013, 05:34:22 PM by SAHunterMech » Logged

Son of Kratos
Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2013, 07:40:12 PM »

downloaded the Concat program, and managed ot get the .zip out of it.

when I go to extract, it seems to get stuck at 99%.. not sure what to take from that :s Will attempt to just open the file without extracting and such.

Post Merge: August 05, 2013, 08:09:46 PM
Alright, got the Brawlbox app out of it, when trying to open it just cancels out of itself.

tried holding option when double clicking, but it doesnt bring up a menu or anything :s

Post Merge: August 05, 2013, 09:00:56 PM
Got around THAT problem, haha.

I am now at the same problem that I ran into through another method- I get brawlbox up and running fine, and can open up .pac files like.. a texture hack I downloaded, but when it comes to trying to open the common5.pac that I need to open in order to replace CSP files, I get an error message. :\
« Last Edit: August 05, 2013, 09:00:56 PM by Son of Kratos » Logged

SAHunterMech
Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2013, 12:29:55 PM »

Good to hear the program is working for you... mostly, anyway.

At this point, I'm not too sure. I can open up common5 without any hassle on my end; if I may, what sort of error message do you get when you open it?

Son of Kratos
Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2013, 12:02:20 AM »

this one! Sad

SAHunterMech
Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2013, 08:22:29 AM »

Damn; that's not good. I'm going to try and upload a new version of this soon.

Son of Kratos
Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2013, 12:16:14 PM »

Thank you, I appreciate it Smiley

SAHunterMech
Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2013, 04:01:54 PM »

You're not going to believe this.

Okay, so, when I first made this thing, I had to use an earlier version of BrawlBox (0.67b), because the latest build (0.68d) needs the .NET Framework 4.0, and suffice to say, Wine and .NET 4.0 do NOT want to get along. Ever. You can't even launch the installer for that thing. Hell, .NET 3.5 barely works. Hence, the crashing you got.

But I just tested 0.68d with a Wineskin wrapper out of the box, nothing installed, and it works perfectly. Hopefully, when I upload it today, and you download it (fingers crossed, MediaFire), those stupid bugs will go away.

Those Wine programmers are truly amazing. I never thought .NET would ever work in a million years, but now it seems to be working flawlessly. All I had to do was wait for Wine to be developed for a few months.

Son of Kratos
Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2013, 06:32:31 PM »

Ahh Cheesy Well, ill keep watch on the thread, as always.

Thank you very much, I really appreciate your help. Perhaps sometime we will have to play together, us Mac users have to stick together Grin

SAHunterMech
Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2013, 07:01:15 PM »

Definitely.

Edit: DAMN! I'm now getting that same error myself. Only happens with common.pac files, yadda yadda. Gotta figure out how to fix this. Might take a while.

Post Merge: August 09, 2013, 08:23:03 PM
Bad news... I've identified the problem, and it doesn't look good. Turns out, there's a newer version of the .NET framework: 4.5. And it doesn't work in Wine, surprising no one. I'm going to ask around on the forum, but right now it looks like what I've uploaded is the best option for us Mac users. It's the only build that can open any type of file.

I suspect your problem is due to the fact that, as you said, the file didn't concatenate all the way. If you could let your computer just sit for a few hours or something, see if it finishes 100%, it might clear up your error.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 08:23:03 PM by SAHunterMech » Logged

Pages:  1 [2] 3 4
Print
Jump to: