Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: BrawlBox/PSA for Mac  (Read 26636 times)
Son of Kratos
Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2013, 03:57:49 PM »

Well, I got around teh 99% problem by trying another program to unzip, o: so idk, maybe maybe not.

should I maybe be using an older version of Wine or something to that effect?

brwledtr
Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2013, 09:05:09 PM »

This thread is very helpful. Another Mac user here. Hoping to get BrawlBox and PSA working on Mac. I plan on trying to get it working on my Macbook ASAP. Please keep the thread updated! Thanks Smiley

Son of Kratos
Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #32 on: August 11, 2013, 01:00:58 AM »

Post any problems you run into, well see if we are experiencing the same stuff Cheesy

brwledtr
Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #33 on: August 11, 2013, 02:13:58 PM »

I've managed to get all 7 parts concated and I unzipped the BrawlBox.7z data. After that I got the BrawlBox WineSkin app. I double click it and nothing happens so I held option + double click Here I get Install Software, Set Screen Options, Advanced, and Quit. I try installing it to a setup .exe to the C Drive but I get this "Oops! No new executable found! Maybe the installer failed...?" So maybe I didn't install it properly to C Drive?
I'm pretty new to this wineskin stuff too so any help would be appreciated! Thanks guys

SAHunterMech
Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #34 on: August 11, 2013, 06:50:56 PM »

All you have to do is just let it sit in the dock for a while.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 06:54:23 PM by SAHunterMech » Logged

SAHunterMech
Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #35 on: August 16, 2013, 06:55:38 PM »

Good news, everyone!

I've managed to find a way to get the CURRENT (0.68d) version of BrawlBox running flawlessly on my Mac. Keep in mind, this wrapper is someone else's hard work, not mine. As such, I am not uploading it myself, but rather redirecting you to a link. So far as I know, you can use this wrapper to run ANY .NET 4.0 apps in Wine.

Here's what you have to do:

1. Download all 4 parts of this (giant) wrapper from this link. You'll have to make a new account on portingteam.com to be able to download it.

2. Download 'Split and Concat'

3. Once you've got all 4 parts, put them in a folder, separate from everything else.

4. Open up Split and Concat, choose 'concat', and select the FIRST PART (.001)

5. You should get a disk image. Mount it, and drag the resulting app to the desktop.

6. Download the latest version of BrawlBox.

7. Right-Click (aka Control-Click) on the .NET 4.0 app, and select 'Show Package Contents'.

8. Place your downloaded 'BrawlBox 0.68d' folder into "drive_c--->program files."

9. Hold option and open the .NET 4.0 app. Select 'Advanced'.

10. At the top, look for 'Windows .EXE', browse, navigate to the BrawlBox executable, and press 'Choose'.

11. If the icon doesn't suit your fancy, you can change it here as well.

12. Quit Wineskin, and open up the .NET 4.0 app (don't hold option); Voila.

If you want to use PSA, just repeat steps 7-12, but with the PSA app folder. Afterwards, you'll have to hold option whilst opening the app every time you want to switch the .exe.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 02:15:05 PM by SAHunterMech » Logged

Son of Kratos
Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #36 on: August 17, 2013, 01:16:13 AM »

The wrapper download is invalid o: Tried it in both safari and chrome v.v

SAHunterMech
Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #37 on: August 17, 2013, 07:58:48 AM »

Yeah, you'll have to make a new account on portingteam.com, unfortunately. That's what it's telling you to do, right?
« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 07:59:46 AM by SAHunterMech » Logged

Son of Kratos
Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #38 on: August 17, 2013, 08:09:40 AM »

"an internal error occured, please contact an administrator" was the message recieved, even after making a whole new account. :s

Any chance you could just upload them yourself?

SAHunterMech
Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #39 on: August 17, 2013, 02:18:14 PM »

The wrapper size is 1 GB, at least... it would take me a while to upload it, 100MB at a time. That's not really ideal. I mean, I will continue to do what I have to to make this work, but I'm going to try some other options first. The download link is only 4 parts, btw.

I've changed the link in the post; hopefully it should work now (although you will still need an account).

Thanks for testing this out for me, though.

Son of Kratos
Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #40 on: August 17, 2013, 03:23:19 PM »

"Leons Kennedy voice"
 IT WORKED!

Thanks a bunch, sir. Smiley You have helped me, and any other mac users a great amount. If able, maybe take those instructions to your OP for any people who might need them Cheesy I can say personally everything works fine for me.

SAHunterMech
Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #41 on: August 17, 2013, 03:47:44 PM »

(Added a link to the current instructions in the OP.)

Not a problem. Happy to help out Mac users everywhere with this. The new version runs pretty smoothly, up to the point where I can actually see model previews and such. It's not perfect, but hopefully it will be good enough for the majority of the modding community that uses Macs (AKA You, me, and maybe 2-3 other people as of right now, heh heh).

Personally, I had a Doc Brown reaction when I got it working the first time:

"WHAT DID I TELL YOU! 88 MILES PER HOUR!"
"Jesus Christ Doc, you're running Windows on your Mac!"

brwledtr
Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #42 on: August 17, 2013, 07:56:12 PM »

Holy cow it does work!! Thank you so much!! You both have been a big help. I'm so stoked about this you don't even know. I was about to dual boot and install windows XP... haha Thank god I didn't go ahead and do that.

Now I'm a complete noob with Brawl Editor and PSA but I have 4 very specific characters I want to make. I know I've got a long road ahead of me haha It will take some time to figure it all out but at least I've actually got the tools do to so now. Thanks again to the both of you!

SAHunterMech
Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #43 on: August 17, 2013, 07:59:09 PM »

You're quite welcome.

brwledtr
Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #44 on: August 17, 2013, 08:03:07 PM »

I just wanted to stop by and say that PSA is working just fine also. No problems over here! Happy smashing and thanks again!! Smiley

Pages:  1 2 [3] 4
Print
Jump to: