Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: BrawlBox/PSA for Mac  (Read 26628 times)
ShinF
Supreme Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer Hot Topic Pin Collector Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #45 on: September 20, 2013, 02:50:23 PM »

Hi - I originally made a thread for this, but when I saw this thread I just decided to remove it and post this here. It's a really good snapshot converter that works in WINE really well. There's one I've already put in a wrapper that once contained a BrawlBox that I got here:

http://www.smashboards.com/threads/brawlbox-and-css-organizer-for-mac.282415/

And there's one that's just the .exe so you can put it in the wrapper that SAHunterMech found.

Already wrapped: https://www.dropbox.com/s/syed80mucju1483/Snapshot%20Converter.zip

Just the .exe and .ini: https://www.dropbox.com/s/xlkx683vtdbgi6m/Convert.zip

It works really well, and it's the only one I found that I managed to get working at all, so I hope it helps out!

Want cBliss on your BrawlEx Build? Check out this tutorial!

SAHunterMech
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #46 on: September 20, 2013, 03:14:16 PM »

Cool, thanks! Nice to know we have something of a Mac-user posse here, lol.

ShinF
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #47 on: September 20, 2013, 03:20:04 PM »

Cool, thanks! Nice to know we have something of a Mac-user posse here, lol.

I used to use a Windows. I still have one, in fact, in my sister's room, but God knows I can't go in THERE and use it - and they're so clunky! Seriously - once you go Mac, you don't go back. XD Lol

Also - another program now open to us with this is the Brawl Costume Manager, found here. It should prove to be incredibly useful, and I've already checked and confirmed that it works with the new wrapper.
    « Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 04:46:55 PM by ShinF » Logged

muchograndes
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #48 on: September 21, 2013, 07:49:40 PM »

Hey, I even made an account for this. I've done everything up to step 7. Except I can't put anything into the Program Files. Help.

ShinF
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #49 on: September 21, 2013, 08:53:57 PM »

Hey, I even made an account for this. I've done everything up to step 7. Except I can't put anything into the Program Files. Help.

I think we need a bit more info than that. Do you know why you can't put anything in there? Are you getting an error? Can you just not find it? Expand on what it is that you need. You may want to write down everything you did so we can see if something was done wrong, but that's just a suggestion.

muchograndes
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #50 on: September 22, 2013, 01:45:29 AM »

Ok, I can open the Package contents of MS .NET 4.0 but it won't allow me to put any folders into the files. For example, I have Brawlbox, but when I drag the Brawlbox folder into the Folder "Program Files" it won't let me. It says I have custom access to the files, though.

SAHunterMech
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #51 on: September 22, 2013, 08:23:39 AM »

That's an easy fix. All you have to do is change the permissions of the file to make sure you have read and write access. That should do it.

Son of Kratos
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #52 on: October 11, 2013, 07:06:03 PM »

Thought id pop in here and just say that its been awhile, and teh Net4.0 wrapper Mr.Zero here gave me works like a charm still Azn

Also, Mac Posse? Should we...like make our own handshake?

ShinF
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #53 on: October 19, 2013, 12:03:20 AM »

Also, Mac Posse? Should we...like make our own handshake?

What? No one taught you the Mac Posse Handshake? We'll have to rectify that soon.

Bit more on topic: Does the new BrawlBox (0.69) disappear for anyone else when using the model previewer? It doesn't crash, per se, but it seems to just vanish as soon as the preview window opens. When I quit BrawlBox, it pops back up for a second before it actually closes. Other than that, it seems fine, although I haven't tested it that much yet.

EDIT: Hmm, strange... switching to another app then switching back seems to make it reappear with no problems. Very odd...
    « Last Edit: October 19, 2013, 12:07:21 AM by ShinF » Logged

Nasian
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #54 on: November 24, 2013, 09:47:59 PM »

Good news, everyone!

I've managed to find a way to get the CURRENT (0.68d) version of BrawlBox running flawlessly on my Mac. Keep in mind, this wrapper is someone else's hard work, not mine. As such, I am not uploading it myself, but rather redirecting you to a link. So far as I know, you can use this wrapper to run ANY .NET 4.0 apps in Wine.

Here's what you have to do:

1. Download all 4 parts of this (giant) wrapper from this link. You'll have to make a new account on portingteam.com to be able to download it.

2. Download 'Split and Concat'

3. Once you've got all 4 parts, put them in a folder, separate from everything else.

4. Open up Split and Concat, choose 'concat', and select the FIRST PART (.001)

5. You should get a disk image. Mount it, and drag the resulting app to the desktop.

6. Download the latest version of BrawlBox.

7. Right-Click (aka Control-Click) on the .NET 4.0 app, and select 'Show Package Contents'.

8. Place your downloaded 'BrawlBox 0.68d' folder into "drive_c--->program files."

9. Hold option and open the .NET 4.0 app. Select 'Advanced'.

10. At the top, look for 'Windows .EXE', browse, navigate to the BrawlBox executable, and press 'Choose'.

11. If the icon doesn't suit your fancy, you can change it here as well.

12. Quit Wineskin, and open up the .NET 4.0 app (don't hold option); Voila.

If you want to use PSA, just repeat steps 7-12, but with the PSA app folder. Afterwards, you'll have to hold option whilst opening the app every time you want to switch the .exe.

Any luck getting this to work on Mavericks? The most common error I get is sh: wine: command not found, and/or something about an unsupported OS.

Son of Kratos
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #55 on: June 16, 2014, 02:45:30 AM »

I seem to have ran into a problem lately with my wraps. They have worked perfectly fine before, but now on say.. song manager, it refuses to let me drag and drop anymore. :c Anyone else having trouble lately?

Pages:  1 2 3 [4]
    Print
    Jump to: