Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Poll
Question: Would you like me to hold off on releasing UMC to work on SIDE??
Yes please, an IDE like that could really help me! - 4 (57.1%)
Nah, just release UMC without SIDE. - 3 (42.9%)
Total Voters: 7

Pages:  1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14
Author Topic: Universal Model Converter - beta testing  (Read 92675 times)
N64killer
Mega Kitten

Ah! You have seen me. Your death is near.

View Profile Awards
« Reply #135 on: June 30, 2014, 10:48:03 AM »

After seeing the word non-programmer I am now interested at attempting to make a script for converting formats. Where do I go to look into this?   

The Dry Boney that needs canon to make sig with sense,
But has a image sig.
*has SD card now*

DarkPikachu
Angel Kitten

complexity == fun

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container KCMM Veteran Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #136 on: June 30, 2014, 11:13:14 AM »

After seeing the word non-programmer I am now interested at attempting to make a script for converting formats. Where do I go to look into this?  
    unfortunately, the new documentation isn't very far...
    I've got about 5 people working on the documentation, but have made no progress with adding anything to it...

all you need to know is the functions, and the structure.
    UMC does all the work of format management and file handling for you, so all you need to do is convert the data in your script. Smiley

3.0a isn't very friendly as it expects a pre-transformed (T-Pose) model in it's format.
    this means that for a format such as MDL0, you have to pull off all the conversions in the script.

in 3.0, the dual-buffered interface takes care of both untransformed and pre-transformed data, so that's something to look forward to. Smiley

3.0 also promises animation (since now I know how to build the dual-buffered interface

yea, 3.0a's interface can support animation, but there's no way of testing it because the interface itself can't render it.

anyways... here's what's available of the documentation so far:
    http://tcll5850.proboards.com/thread/182/layout
    not much... but at least you can tell what functions are in 3.0a vs 3.0

most functions will have only a single input, but only a few will have multiple inputs.
    almost every function will have defaults. Wink

so basically, the interface is as smooth as GL programming...

# read your data from the file:
    vertex = bf32( ['','',''] ) # vertex = [0.0, 0.0, 0.0]
    # send your data to UMC:
    ugeSetVert( vertex ) # assuming your vertex is in T-Pose position

sorry for 3.0a being a tad complex... I didn't know what I know now to fix this.
    (unfortunately I had to entirely rebuild UMC to fix it)

if you find anything else that could be simplified even further, let me know. Smiley
    « Last Edit: June 30, 2014, 11:14:11 AM by Tcll » Logged

Quote: Friedslick6
    you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
    But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
    you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
    You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

N64killer
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #137 on: June 30, 2014, 12:54:14 PM »

I be honest with you is the documentation that I suppose to look at in the UMC download. Cause I'm starting to think I'm looking at the wrong place.

But has a image sig.
    *has SD card now*

DarkPikachu
    Angel Kitten

complexity == fun

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #138 on: June 30, 2014, 01:29:04 PM »

I be honest with you is the documentation that I suppose to look at in the UMC download. Cause I'm starting to think I'm looking at the wrong place.
    no, the only documentation I provide there is the SESv1 format... heh
    the only documentation I really have is on my forum, though it's unfinished... sorry Sad
    http://tcll5850.proboards.com/thread/182/layout
    ^people were supposed to be working on this... >_>
    (all they had to do was copy the comments from the 3.0 code, and write threads using them)

please be patient though, as this documentation will be written to be noob friendly Wink
    I can only do so much by myself... heh

the current UMC download does not follow the standards of this documentation...
    in fact... I didn't really have any standards defined until I started working on 3.0 ("dev5" at the time)

now I'm making ports of those functions
    the export functions are pretty much finished except for materials currently (I'll have those when I release)
    all I have left is the import functions to port.

I'm currently trying to run tests using the old SESv1 functions with the SESv1.1 export functions.
    (just to make sure the export functions work before starting on the import functions)

you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.

you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

N64killer
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #139 on: June 30, 2014, 02:03:29 PM »

The forum part is what confusing me because I went into this thinking it would be like mugen (a fighting game engine where you create the characters and stages) files like .cmd and .cns which have coding for whatever it is and your able to edit it using notepad. Take note I not trying to go off topic but using something that can be related to how the python thing your using for umc takes certain words to cue certain actions.
    You understand what I mean right? 

But has a image sig.
    *has SD card now*

DarkPikachu
    Angel Kitten

complexity == fun

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #140 on: June 30, 2014, 02:34:20 PM »

The forum part is what confusing me because I went into this thinking it would be like mugen (a fighting game engine where you create the characters and stages) files like .cmd and .cns which have coding for whatever it is and your able to edit it using notepad. Take note I not trying to go off topic but using something that can be related to how the python thing your using for umc takes certain words to cue certain actions.
    You understand what I mean right? 
    ah yea, and with the fact of my shelved 3D-MUGEN project, it comes as no surprize. Tongue

yeh, UMC is just nothing more than a basic model converter... heh

but yea, you do write and edit scripts using a text editor Wink
    (IDLE preferred, till I release 3.0 with UMC_SIDE)

N64killer
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #141 on: July 01, 2014, 09:42:14 AM »

I'm about to download IDLE but since it packaged with python which version do I download? Since I'm pretty sure you use a certain one.

But has a image sig.
    *has SD card now*

DarkPikachu
    Angel Kitten

complexity == fun

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #142 on: July 01, 2014, 10:37:59 AM »

I'm about to download IDLE but since it packaged with python which version do I download? Since I'm pretty sure you use a certain one.
    the latest Python 2.7 Wink

yea, in IDLE, it's only good for the syntax highlighting...
    UMC_SIDE by 3.0 will help builders be able to test their scripts. Wink

if you want to be a hardcore script builder, you can spend some time learning Python in codecademy Smiley
    http://www.codecademy.com/en/tracks/python

basically, a UMC script IS a python script, but you don't use import or open()/file(), and everything needed is already handed to you in it's simplest form. Smiley
    there are some occurrences where you may need to import, but file management is entirely done in UMC. Wink

I'm trying to work on simplifications for everything, so tell me if something's a little too complex for comfort. Wink

N64killer
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #143 on: July 01, 2014, 01:43:32 PM »

Okay I'm looking at the python 2.7.7 shell thing right now. And I noticed in umc there is a mld0 format somewhat done I just wondering where that is at in function and that it what i should be editing/figuring out since I was going for a mdl0 format.  

EDIT: Just to point out when i press ctrl + e to export i keep getting this in umc on the python.exe i can't copy/paste this.

Something about traceback on these 2 files API.py in line 56, viewer.py in line 881, and COMMON.

saying UnboundLocalError: local variable 'COMMON' referenced before assignment
    press enter to exit.

« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 01:58:23 PM by N64killer » Logged

But has a image sig.
    *has SD card now*

DarkPikachu
    Angel Kitten

complexity == fun

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #144 on: July 01, 2014, 02:09:44 PM »

Okay I'm looking at the python 2.7.7 shell thing right now. And I noticed in umc there is a mld0 format somewhat done I just wondering where that is at in function and that it what i should be editing/figuring out since I was going for a mdl0 format.

ah, you can find that in UMC/scripts/NTDO_MDL0.py
    though with the current release, you can't export well enough...
    (nothing more than what the OBJ format supports really)

this next release here soon should fix that as I've ported the export functions and am currently working on the import functions.
    though right now I'm porting the OBJ script to test that the export functions at least work.

in the current version you have, the scripting interface didn't follow any standards, and as such it was designed horribly.

as for the error, I'll be sure to look into that Wink
    not sure why that hasn't happened to me :/

N64killer
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #145 on: July 01, 2014, 02:29:44 PM »

So you already have it figured out have to fix the mdl0 for exporting into brawlbox? If so I'm not really needed then. Because I be honest i really wasn't sure on what I needed to do. 

But has a image sig.
    *has SD card now*

DarkPikachu
    Angel Kitten

complexity == fun

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #146 on: July 01, 2014, 02:39:02 PM »

So you already have it figured out have to fix the mdl0 for exporting into brawlbox? If so I'm not really needed then. Because I be honest i really wasn't sure on what I needed to do. 
    oh so that's what you wanted to learn the scripting for.
    well, I havn't really been able to work on MDL0 exporting as I didn't have a solid interface.

if you want to help out with finishing the script, I can add you to my box Smiley
    though it may take a bit before I have anything to test out the script on. >_>
    (for one, the pointer system in 3.0 will help to do it properly)

but in any case, you lead me into believing you wanted to add a format to UMC. Tongue
    again, please wait until the next release, where I'll have a solid scripting interface. Wink

DarkPikachu
    Angel Kitten

complexity == fun

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #147 on: July 21, 2014, 08:57:19 AM »

update: (progress being made on the interface down-port)
    http://tcll5850.proboards.com/thread/144/public-umc-discussion-thread?page=1&scrollTo=1042

once this gets fixed, I can start work on the material, texture, and image export functions, and then hit up the import interface as well as the header function.
    (everything should work the same as it should (and more) in the 3.0 release) Wink
    I also have to work on the data functions, which unfortunately won't be able to type-check like in 3.0...
    the interface there is a bit complex to simply merge

so I can promise a release soon, but I can't say how soon Tongue

Post Merge: July 21, 2014, 08:56:03 AM
    I... am an idiot *facepalms*
    update:
    http://tcll5850.proboards.com/thread/144/public-umc-discussion-thread?page=1&scrollTo=1043

and my last update is included with me being an idiot Tongue

DarkPikachu
    Angel Kitten

complexity == fun

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #148 on: September 26, 2014, 06:51:25 PM »

just switched to Linux :3
    expect Wine support by the update ;3

*hopes this doesn't break windows support*
    (I'll need to install a VM before I'll be able to test on XP64 again)

Why XP64 and not 7 or 8?
    even through VM, I will never support MS's new RAT (Vista, 7, and Cool.

other info:
    apparently XP (x86 builds) also had a RAT interface that I just learned about...
    csrss.exe, which provides network access to remote administration and allows processes to be started and overridden anonymously.

if it can be patched, great Smiley
    I think XP64 already has it patched, and does not include the newer RAT.
    (XP64 works on x86 systems)

EDIT:
    already managed to get it working :3
    http://tcll5850.proboards.com/thread/143/official-universal-converter-development-thread
    though it's not very friendly as-is
    « Last Edit: September 27, 2014, 01:33:51 PM by Tcll » Logged

DSX8
    Stage/Character Importer
    Never Gonna Give You Up

meow~

• Awards Good Citizen >9000 King for a Day Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #149 on: October 02, 2014, 02:39:33 AM »

so in other words... ur program wont work for Win7 or 8 users? if so, then thats an issue ur gonna have to handle as most ppl dont use XP anymore... as for me, I don't even know any1 that uses XP anymore lol

Follow me on facebook and Twitter!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/DMNSLYRX8              https://twitter.com/Demonslayerx8

3DS Friend Code: 0705-6436-8834              NNID: Demonslayerx8              PSN: Demonslayerx8

Pages:  1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14
    Print
    Jump to: