Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Poll
Question: Would you like me to hold off on releasing UMC to work on SIDE??
Yes please, an IDE like that could really help me! - 4 (57.1%)
Nah, just release UMC without SIDE. - 3 (42.9%)
Total Voters: 7

Pages:  1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14
Author Topic: Universal Model Converter - beta testing  (Read 93181 times)
DarkPikachu
Angel Kitten

complexity == fun

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container KCMM Veteran Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #150 on: October 04, 2014, 10:43:42 AM »

so in other words... ur program wont work for Win7 or 8 users? if so, then thats an issue ur gonna have to handle as most ppl dont use XP anymore... as for me, I don't even know any1 that uses XP anymore lol
    oh I'm not saying it won't work
    but I can't promise you won't have issues, despite the fact I'm only using cross-platform libraries features.

if you do have any issues, I will blindly try to fix them.

just to mention
    I feel sorry for anyone who stores personal information on a Win-Aero compy
    (if you think you're safe and private, think again)
    (Aero is not used by XP or lower)

XP64 is the safest OS, it has most of the safety improvments in Win7.
    I'm not going into a whole rant over it, I'm just saying I've done the research.

Quote: Friedslick6
    you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
    But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
    you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
    You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

BlueBrain
    God Kitten

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Super Saiyan Topic >9000 Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #151 on: October 04, 2014, 11:10:03 AM »

aren't programmers supposed to evolve with the media they are working on, instead of keeping on the same outdated version just because reasons?

tbh i don't really know what you are aiming for? is this program for pure personal use and you just happenned to make a thread about it, or do you intend other people to actualy use it?
    because if it's the latter, staying on XP is not the user's problem, it's yours.

DarkPikachu
    Angel Kitten

complexity == fun

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #152 on: October 04, 2014, 11:43:59 AM »

aren't programmers supposed to evolve with the media they are working on, instead of keeping on the same outdated version just because reasons?
    so you're saying you want programmers to evolve and support a life where you have no freedom over your personal belongings and are fully controlled by a corrupt company??

or let me put it this way... would you want to have naked sex in the middle of your most public mall's parking lot with everyone looking at you??
    (I know I wouldn't, and this is why I don't support WinVista and up)

I'm not for that, where MS has been basically supporting it and enforcing it (I know I'm putting it waay loosely here)...
    think of what happens when people take control of the MS RAT
    (which I'm finding out some people already have, though it's not verified yet).
    ^ I can't post proof as I don't have a recording of the call >3<

I'm trying to get people to think smarter... I only support what's safe, and if that means you guys can't use it well (if at all) then oh well, use something better than what MS is taking advantage of the public with.
    (use something I support and you won't be harmed much by outsiders while being able to be free)

don't just use what's being blindly thrown at you and expect it to work as everyone wants.
    be smart about it. go back and do research on it to verify these arguments.
    don't listen to anything by MS, listen to what people have found in windows by MS.

heck, I don't even know everything about how windows works, but I do have enough sence to know I don't want to be controlled.

MS dropped XP because they built an interface that seems to work much more decently (Aero) and put a RAT in the kernel of every OS running Aero so they could enforce their control.

MS only says they remove stuff or certain things are safe and what not... if you know as much about windows as me, you'll be able to see them lieing through their teeth.
    7 is not much more safer than XP, which XP64 is alot safer than any x86 version of XP.

have you been paying attention to what MS has been doing since Bill Gates retired??
    they've basically become 10x more corrupt (and that's putting it lightly)

people need to wake up... I personally am sick of all this following standards BS and crap going around...
    what's this garbage about XP being dropped because it's 13 years old?
    isn't Linux older? I don't see people dropping support there...
    in fact, I see the support getting even better with NO control on Linux

if you wanna try to argue with me, get about 5 years of knowledge about everything first before even addressing me on it.

EDIT:
    aren&#039;t programmers supposed to evolve

also, I have evolved, I know what's right and what's wrong.
    « Last Edit: October 04, 2014, 12:00:51 PM by Tcll » Logged

you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.

you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Gamma Ridley
    ~Mercenary~
    Boss Kitten

• Awards Featured Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Famous Hacker

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #153 on: October 04, 2014, 12:17:01 PM »

or let me put it this way... would you want to have naked sex in the middle of your most public mall's parking lot with everyone looking at you??

yes

DarkPikachu
    Angel Kitten

complexity == fun

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #154 on: October 04, 2014, 12:30:00 PM »

yes
    lol
    eh... not to be mean or rude or anything, but you do realize you've kinda made yourself look extremely low right now... right?? :/

KnightMario
    Holy Kitten

Nobody Important

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Good Citizen Pin Collector Warm Welcomer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #155 on: October 04, 2014, 02:37:49 PM »

(I know I wouldn't, and this is why I don't support WinVista and up)
    Because Microsoft is going to turn on your webcam which happens to be directly pointed to you having naked sex then put it on display on a huge screen at a public mall's parking lot. And they support other people to do the same.

But in all seriousness, I've never had a problem with Windows 7 security, and know nobody who has. Windows XP is no longer updated, so there's really no reason to want to keep it on there.

I know for a fact that the vast majority of the public here cares more about free products than actual quality.
    I mean, we're kinda modding an old Wii game after like 6 years, instead of buying new stuff. That's pretty telling. Tongue

DarkPikachu
    Angel Kitten

complexity == fun

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #156 on: October 04, 2014, 04:07:46 PM »

Because Microsoft is going to turn on your webcam which happens to be directly pointed to you having naked sex then put it on display on a huge screen at a public mall's parking lot. And they support other people to do the same.
    I was talking from a non-computer-related perspective Tongue

Gravity understood it XD

but now apply that to your personal information, with the new form of control that's being found in windows, you tell me the dangers there.

if you wanna say there is no danger, then go build a house next to an active volcano and see how long you live

But in all seriousness, I've never had a problem with Windows 7 security, and know nobody who has. Windows XP is no longer updated, so there's really no reason to want to keep it on there.
    keep in mind MS thinks you're only using their stuff and doesn't consider stuff like Comodo.
    XP is still very much suppported when you look at the standards there Wink

I'm actually glad they stopped the updates to a point...

and you wanna know why you havn't had a problem with Win7 security?
    do you know why MS pulled back the market control features on the XBox One??
    MS: "People aren't ready for them" (meaning they will put these features to use in the future)

look, if you want to continue using Win7 and putting your personal life at a potential risk to the public, go for it.
    just keep in mind, I'm not for that type of monstrous control and will NEVER support it.

if you want my support, move back to freedom and leave MS in that concealed hole they're digging.

get WinXP x64 or get Linux, with those, you give yourself more freedom and personal security.
    rather than limiting yourself to a not so configurable environment.

when it comes to tweaks and customization, Linux can easily do what you have to jump hoops to do in XP, and good luck with 7 and up as you're constrained and forced to use the environment they give you, along with them watching everything you do.

if you want your freedom and safety, don't listen to a corrupt company like MS.
    I may not have the knowledge to verify that XP is ENTIRELY safe, as I can say linux is safer (to a point).
    but I can verify that XP x64 is safer than other XP installations and doesn't have the MS-control implementations that've been found in 7 and up. (Vista is only questionable)

must I mention I'm a Windows hacker to know this. :/
    (relax, I'm white-hat, not gonna hurt anyone)
    ^ black-hatters make me sick, though they do provide better information as they ACTUALLY look into the stuff.

one of my black-hat friends (online) has a friend who disabled a Win8 RAT on one of his schools compys using Python and surprized his computer teacher.

I'm trying to get info on it, but my friend hasn't been able to get in contact with him...

I was wanting to take control of the MS RAT only to post a dialog warning everyone how unsafe they are with that OS.
    but I can't do that, I'll possibly get jailed for it.
    one of my local friends knew about black hat software when it was just coming out (which the initial intent there was to help people) and they were jailed for breach of privacy on local networks.
    (the same thing can be applied to me if I was to take my action)

it's just like our corrupt gov't to jail someone for helping people 9_9

so yea, the absolute BEST I can possibly do is warn everyone that the RAT exists in newer Windows OS's and hope they're smart enough to move away from it.

if you don't know what a RAT is:
    it stands for either of "Remote Administration Tool" or "Remote Access Trojan".
    what a RAT does is allow a host to take control of a user's computer and even disable the user's input.

normally the infection would be done using a catalyst (an EXE disguised as an installer or patched with the RAT client)

x86 builds of WinXP (which again I state are not safe) also have their own RAT known as csrss.exe

I believe this was patched and fixed in XP x64.
    XP64 also removes most unsafe ActiveX controls and improves stand-alone network security (same implementations as 7 I believe)

Aero (from 7) can most likely be ported over XP wih wrappers and extended libraries.
    (along with version control to extend the support wrongfully blocked by MS)

yes, this means most of the stuff that now works with 7 should work near flawlessly with XP.
    I just wish someone would actually get off their lazy butts and actually port it.
    (I can't as I can't program in C++, and as everyone knows, have UMC/UGC/UGE to deal with)

KnightMario
    Holy Kitten

Nobody Important

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Good Citizen Pin Collector Warm Welcomer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #157 on: October 04, 2014, 04:16:59 PM »

I was talking from a non-computer-related perspective Tongue

Gravity understood it XD

but now apply that to your personal information, with the new form of control that's being found in windows, you tell me the dangers there.

if you wanna say there is no danger, then go build a house next to an active volcano and see how long you live
    keep in mind MS thinks you're only using their stuff and doesn't consider stuff like Comodo.
    XP is still very much suppported when you look at the standards there Wink

I'm actually glad they stopped the updates to a point...

and you wanna know why you havn't had a problem with Win7 security?
    do you know why MS pulled back the market control features on the XBox One??
    MS: "People aren't ready for them" (meaning they will put these features to use in the future)

look, if you want to continue using Win7 and putting your personal life at a potential risk to the public, go for it.
    just keep in mind, I'm not for that type of monstrous control and will NEVER support it.

if you want my support, move back to freedom and leave MS in that concealed hole they're digging.

get WinXP x64 or get Linux, with those, you give yourself more freedom and personal security.
    rather than limiting yourself to a not so configurable environment.

when it comes to tweaks and customization, Linux can easily do what you have to jump hoops to do in XP, and good luck with 7 and up as you're constrained and forced to use the environment they give you, along with them watching everything you do.

if you want your freedom and safety, don't listen to a corrupt company like MS.
    I may not have the knowledge to verify that XP is ENTIRELY safe, as I can say linux is safer (to a point).
    but I can verify that XP x64 is safer than other XP installations and doesn't have the MS-control implementations that've been found in 7 and up. (Vista is only questionable)

must I mention I'm a Windows hacker to know this. :/
    (relax, I'm white-hat, not gonna hurt anyone)
    ^ black-hatters make me sick, though they do provide better information as they ACTUALLY look into the stuff.

one of my black-hat friends (online) has a friend who disabled a Win8 RAT on one of his schools compys using Python and surprized his computer teacher.

I'm trying to get info on it, but my friend hasn't been able to get in contact with him...

I was wanting to take control of the MS RAT only to post a dialog warning everyone how unsafe they are with that OS.
    but I can't do that, I'll possibly get jailed for it.
    one of my local friends knew about black hat software when it was just coming out (which the initial intent there was to help people) and they were jailed for breach of privacy on local networks.
    (the same thing can be applied to me if I was to take my action)

it's just like our corrupt gov't to jail someone for helping people 9_9

so yea, the absolute BEST I can possibly do is warn everyone that the RAT exists in newer Windows OS's and hope they're smart enough to move away from it.

if you don't know what a RAT is:
    it stands for either of "Remote Administration Tool" or "Remote Access Trojan".
    what a RAT does is allow a host to take control of a user's computer and even disable the user's input.

normally the infection would be done using a catalyst (an EXE disguised as an installer or patched with the RAT client)

x86 builds of WinXP (which again I state are not safe) also have their own RAT known as csrss.exe

I believe this was patched and fixed in XP x64.
    XP64 also removes most unsafe ActiveX controls and improves stand-alone network security (same implementations as 7 I believe)

Aero (from 7) can most likely be ported over XP wih wrappers and extended libraries.
    (along with version control to extend the support wrongfully blocked by MS)

yes, this means most of the stuff that now works with 7 should work near flawlessly with XP.
    I just wish someone would actually get off their lazy butts and actually port it.
    (I can't as I can't program in C++, and as everyone knows, have UMC/UGC/UGE to deal with)
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but it sounds like he needed physical access to the computer first before he could hack it.

I know for a fact that the vast majority of the public here cares more about free products than actual quality.
    I mean, we're kinda modding an old Wii game after like 6 years, instead of buying new stuff. That's pretty telling. Tongue

DarkPikachu
    Angel Kitten

complexity == fun

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #158 on: October 04, 2014, 04:19:08 PM »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it sounds like he needed physical access to the computer first before he could hack it.
    not with python :3
    I have personal experience with that XD

Sammi Husky
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Renowned Hacker >9000 King for a Day

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #159 on: October 04, 2014, 11:28:09 PM »

ooookkaaayy OS preferences aside, just being on the internet nowadays puts information out there. Even just speaking on cell phones or texting puts info our there. The way i see it, if people don't attract attention then people won't need to be one of those who experience said negative things. I understand you want your privacy and such, and that's fine. But, this isn't the time nor place to discuss OS choices. You can create your program to be universal to the OS's, and it won't be any skin off your back bro. .__. Let people decide for themselves if they want to run it on an aero system. Well, that's my opinion at least. It would be pretty dang suckish to not be able to use this on my casual comp and just have to run wine on my linux machine or something :/

Anyways, im not against you or your opinions man. Just...i'd like to see the discussion in this thread come back to the program rather than OS's Smiley

DarkPikachu
    Angel Kitten

complexity == fun

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #160 on: October 04, 2014, 11:47:27 PM »

ooookkaaayy OS preferences aside, just being on the internet nowadays puts information out there. Even just speaking on cell phones or texting puts info our there. The way i see it, if people don't attract attention then people won't need to be one of those who experience said negative things. I understand you want your privacy and such, and that's fine. But, this isn't the time nor place to discuss OS choices. You can create your program to be universal to the OS's, and it won't be any skin off your back bro. .__. Let people decide for themselves if they want to run it on an aero system. Well, that's my opinion at least. It would be pretty dang suckish to not be able to use this on my casual comp and just have to run wine on my linux machine or something :/

Anyways, im not against you or your opinions man. Just...i'd like to see the discussion in this thread come back to the program rather than OS's Smiley

+1

only one thing to gripe about though...
    just being on the internet... good luck finding any information about me IRL :3
    I dare you to try and figure out my real name (if you do, PM me) Tongue
    heck, I don't even use a phone, nor want one XD

as far as support, it's python, and as long as an OS can run a python interpreter, favorably python.exe (which can run on both Linux and mac through an emulator) which means a smaller download, it can run UMC. Smiley
    the only incompatibility issues you should experience are with the libraries I'm using, which SHOULD be cross-platform.

so yea, even though I refuse to support unsafe OS's and such, UMC/UGC/UGE should still work on them Wink

Post Merge: October 06, 2014, 07:27:43 PM
    just wanted to mention, after getting to know more about GPUs and such since I made this claim,
    and correcting my countless statements I made saying the wii doesn't have a GPU...

no, the Wii HAS a GPU, but like most proper games today, the GPU is the only thing used.

so now I can correct my dozens of statements saying the wii doesn't use shaders.

I was wrong when I believed the TEVs were just duplications of OpenGL's abilities from the FFP.

and after playing around with Blender a bit more and seeing how GLSL shaders could be integrated into materoals through python scripts, I've been doing comparisons as to just how similar this is to brawl's TEVs

so now I can officially verify that YES the TEV data is basically it's own scripting language (in a way) which mimics the abilities of GLSL shaders.

I wasn't entirely wrong in my beliefs though, as GL's FFP is just wrappers for doing the same stuff, though the FFP uses the CPU as much as the GPU.

so yes, the TEVs mimick the GLSL shader system, but on a lower level, and with slightly more control.

so now everyone who told me I was wrong gets a cookie Smiley
    « Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 07:27:44 PM by Tcll » Logged

N64killer
    Mega Kitten

Ah! You have seen me. Your death is near.

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #161 on: October 11, 2014, 08:33:44 AM »

not to keep this off topic but where do these RAT files come from? Are they just another hacker's file or do they  appear once you installed windows 7 from the disc? Also to get this topic back on track how progress been?

The Dry Boney that needs canon to make sig with sense,
    But has a image sig.
    *has SD card now*

DarkPikachu
    Angel Kitten

complexity == fun

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #162 on: October 11, 2014, 09:09:19 AM »

not to keep this off topic but where do these RAT files come from? Are they just another hacker's file or do they  appear once you installed windows 7 from the disc?
    from what hackers have told me, the RAT is integrated with the kernel...
    (meaning it comes with Windows)

not knowing much about Win7's and Win8's files, I assume the RAT is in kernel32.dll (if that's what it's called, as that's WinXP's kernel name)

only way to remove the RAT is to remove the code from Win7's and Win8's source files and build a new dll.
    (no promises, this might break Aero, meaning GUI problems)

My friend hasn't contacted me yet, so I still have no info about disabling the RAT with Python.
    (that's the absolute best that can be done, because MS devs are retards)
    ^I might actually use Win7 and Win8 if I can at least disable it.

Also to get this topic back on track how progress been?
    painful Tongue

I'm adding support to linux just so I can work on everything.
    I'm having the same issues installing VS2010 as I did with XP...
    only problem is, I'm not sure how to remove .NET in Wine.

with linux, you actually have support for both types of platforms Smiley
    windows support is extendable, and is actively being worked on.

so anyways... until I can figure out VS2010 (newer versions don't work at all), I've stumbled across another cross-platform IDE with similar features called Code::Blocks.
    unfortunately though, trying to obtain a python plugin is a real hastle...

I've also tried MonoDevelop which supports VS2010 SLN files, but again, doesn't support python...
    I just need an IDE with intellisense code-hints. Sad

DarkPikachu
    Angel Kitten

complexity == fun

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #163 on: November 02, 2014, 08:49:26 AM »

just to bring a little life here, UMC3.0ad5 is almost half way ready for a release Smiley
    http://smashboards.com/threads/universal-model-converter-official-development-thread.334292/page-8#post-17896722

once I fix these small issues (since materials work correctly now), I can work on the DATA functions

Sirkura
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Featured Star Hacker Super Saiyan Topic >9000

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #164 on: November 03, 2014, 02:11:07 PM »

i tested the latest build on my comp, (not even sure if it is functional yet but was curious xD) but it seems to work fine for me on windows 8. i'm not 100% certain how to use it tho. i can see that you were able to import models, but i couldn't figure out how to do much more then open it at the time. i think i read somewhere as well in the last release it was not possible to export models yet?

anyway i was just checking in to see how progress was going. what can we epect in the next release?

Pages:  1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14
    Print
    Jump to: