Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Poll
Question: I'm at an attempt to get back to Brawl Modding!
Yay!
Boo!
Who are you?

Pages:  1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 67
Author Topic: A Bloody Canadian's PSA Thread - Shinda Remake  (Read 286472 times)
zutox
Supreme Kitten

• Awards Donator Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #135 on: January 19, 2013, 08:25:00 AM »

You can hit more than one, but I can't guarantee you can KO all 3...

Well that just makes it more interesting I think.
    You said you thought you would have it done around the end of the weekend?
    *bounce, bounce* O..O

Also I notice that she uses two guns, but she only wields one, will there be a special model for that? Are you making anyone in particular?
    « Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 08:36:49 AM by zutox » Logged

You Never Know!

ABloodyCanadian
    Ellipsis Abuser…
    Heroic Kitten

Background processes...

• Awards KCMM Veteran Super Saiyan Topic Hey! Listen! Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #136 on: January 19, 2013, 08:40:39 AM »

For the sake of making the filesize smaller, yet more easy to edit. I'll work on the 2nd Gun Last.

zutox
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #137 on: January 19, 2013, 09:14:27 AM »

For the sake of making the filesize smaller, yet more easy to edit. I'll work on the 2nd Gun Last.

So the 2nd gun will be in the PSA itself and not on a specific model?
    Was just thinking that having it model imported would save filesize, but having it as part of the PSA itself would be nice as you could choose what models you wanted to use the PSA with.

You Never Know!

ABloodyCanadian
    Ellipsis Abuser…
    Heroic Kitten

Background processes...

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #138 on: January 19, 2013, 09:27:32 AM »

I would do that, but 1st of all, I would need a Character Hack. 2nd of all, I still have no idea how to use the Object Importer... I've tried and failed.

Carnage
    God Kitten

(retired)

• Awards Constructive Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Starstormer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #139 on: January 19, 2013, 10:19:51 AM »

her gun doesnt make the psa heavy at all since its on the pcs lol

ABloodyCanadian
    Ellipsis Abuser…
    Heroic Kitten

Background processes...

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #140 on: January 19, 2013, 10:21:39 AM »

But the thing is, if I make 1 PSA edit on BrawlBox, I can't edit it with Smash Attacks... that's why I'm saving it for last.

Also, I would need that character hack if I were to put it on the Character Model... If only if I could figure out how that object importer works...

Also, Another reason why I'm putting it in the PSA file is because I'll have 2 separate animations to make the guns change shape when you switch from Machine Guns to Hand Guns.
    « Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 10:42:04 AM by A Bloody Canadian » Logged

JamietheAuraUser
    Extreme Kitten

Deadly Flower

• Awards Starstormer Constructive

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #141 on: January 19, 2013, 02:32:48 PM »

Regarding the Final Smash: I don't think the spin at the start should hit as many times as it does, since she can't possibly be firing at the target continuously the whole time and it LOOKS like it starts with a backflip kick, but there's no appropriately placed hitbox there. Also, I think there should be a bit of a pause between the backflip kick and the gunfire from the spin. Thirdly, she shouldn't be holding her gun still while throwing the grenade she uses for the KO, and if you have a custom article or something available you should perhaps make the grenade be a more distinctive, futuristic-looking colour or shape. Fourthly, the part where she shoots at the opponent while upside-down needs a different camera angle in order to not look ridiculous. Lastly, with a Final Smash that disorienting to use, I don't think it should put her in SpecialFall when it ends.

That move is seriously pretty cool, though.
    « Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 02:42:21 PM by JamietheAuraUser » Logged

"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"
    "We're the Mythbusters, we blow **** up." -- Adam Savage

"No, the solution is not to make a gatling gun out of bazookas."

ABloodyCanadian
    Ellipsis Abuser…
    Heroic Kitten

Background processes...

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #142 on: January 19, 2013, 02:50:29 PM »

To respond to your complaints(?)...

1). I can see what you mean... though I plan on doing a GFX so it looks like she's shooting at 360 degrees...

2). Isn't there already a sort of pause between the 2? There's a Time Manipulation event during the camera shot so opponents would slow down. It actually slows down to the point where the opponents can barely do anything.

3). If you look closely, she's actually throwing a grenade. (That explains the explosion... lol)

4). I changed the camera a bit so when the Cinematic section ends, she points at the screen. As you see it now, she looks at an angle.

5). I figured that since the Final Smash pretty much deals 160% and 1 Hit KOs (Even with the final blast at 0%), I might as well try to balance it... lol.

The Final Smash is still a work in progress so any thoughts on it are welcome!
    « Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 02:51:36 PM by A Bloody Canadian » Logged

JamietheAuraUser
    Extreme Kitten

Deadly Flower

• Awards Starstormer Constructive

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #143 on: January 19, 2013, 03:05:14 PM »

1./5. Here's actually an easy point for you to nerf the overall damage, by having her only hit the primary target when she could logically be pointing one of her machine guns at them. (Basically, just line the hitboxes up with her properly. One in front of her and possibly one behind, if you change the way she holds her guns during the flip so she fires both in front and behind.)
    2. What I meant is that the FS needs an initiating hit, possibly turn the backflip before the spin into a flipping kick, then have her pause before the leaping spin. Basically, backflip kick > pause for the opponent to be launched a short distance into the correct position > continue attack.
    3. I noticed the grenade, eventually. It's a little hard to see, but it's easier to identify with the sound on. That's why I suggested that it should be a different colour or shape, to make it more distinctive. Also, why does the grenade blast hit her, too?

P.S. Not complaints. Constructive criticism. =D

P.P.S. For the machine gun, have you tried the sound effect used when attempting to fire an empty Super Scope? I'm just trying to think of things that don't get so annoying as that one does after a while.

P.P.P.S. One of her attacks' voice clip (I think it's Up Special?) activates too late into the attack, so you don't actually hear the full quote. She's supposed to say "You're mine!" but it just sounds like "mmm" because it cuts off early.
    « Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 03:07:56 PM by JamietheAuraUser » Logged

"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"
    "We're the Mythbusters, we blow **** up." -- Adam Savage

"No, the solution is not to make a gatling gun out of bazookas."

ABloodyCanadian
    Ellipsis Abuser…
    Heroic Kitten

Background processes...

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #144 on: January 19, 2013, 03:18:32 PM »

1). and 5). I guess I can change the animation. Doing that wouldn't hurt. Also, I counted the overall damage done on each section. 1st flip does about 25%, 2nd and 3rd sections deal about 55%, and the grenade deals 25% as well. If I were to change the initial hit entirely, she would potentially still get a maximum hit of about 115%.

2). The initiating hit was that 1st back flip. It cancels if the attack misses. Also, the use of physical attacks aren't really used in the PSA so far... okay the dash attack but oh well.

3). I actually took the grenade from Snake. I could change the texture of it, or place a GFX around the grenade for it to be more easy to identify.

P.S. Then I should nominate you for the Constructive Award! Awesome Face

P.P.S. Thanks for the suggestion. I haven't really tried the use of the item SFX so far... lol. Though I'm specifically looking for a SFX that starts strong with a BANG, then fades away. Much like an actual gunshot shot sound. Listening to the item SFXs now, there are a few potential ones I could try...

P.P.S. If only if her voice clips were louder...
    « Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 06:35:52 PM by A Bloody Canadian » Logged

zutox
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #145 on: January 19, 2013, 03:32:08 PM »

You could make her use the sticky grenade thing at the start of the FS and then once she is done shooting it explodes, though, i really like the angle work when she throws it

You Never Know!

Battleon469
    Extreme Kitten

The Power.

• Awards Shadow the Pinhog

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #146 on: January 19, 2013, 03:40:38 PM »

uggg that PPS! anyway I don't know why but replacing the fitmotion in the common_en.pac isn't working...

[/url]

Allbait
    Supreme Kitten

Fin Dovahkiin Fent Qahnaar Pah Paalle

• Awards Ninja Hot Topic Starstormer Dedicated Hacker

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #147 on: January 19, 2013, 05:37:56 PM »

But the thing is, if I make 1 PSA edit on BrawlBox, I can't edit it with Smash Attacks... that's why I'm saving it for last.

Also, I would need that character hack if I were to put it on the Character Model... If only if I could figure out how that object importer works...

Also, Another reason why I'm putting it in the PSA file is because I'll have 2 separate animations to make the guns change shape when you switch from Machine Guns to Hand Guns.

Ehm.. ZSS's Gun is a seperate model on her PCS and uses various different animations meaning instead of putting it in the actual .PAC and giving us the BRESS for the model/animation/textures would save space, time and make it easier in PSA without having the issue of being unable to use PSA on the PAC after using BB because you wouldn't need to edit anything in BB anymore and would keep it editable in smash attacks forever <3

Friend Safari: Bug (Masquerain, Butterfree, Pinsir)
    4613-8365-7114

Azure_Shadow
    Extreme Kitten

Do not touch.

• Awards Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #148 on: January 19, 2013, 05:40:18 PM »

Just got back from vacation; wish I'd been able to play it and give feedback earlier.
    This looks great, and that final smash is awesome. I'm going to try it out in-game and leave some feedback here later.
    I don't know if you've changed the side B move or not, but I liked the idea you had about a dash. I think it would fit nicely.

And I think what Alses just said was that making a model edit would be easier for everyone concerned and wouldn't lead to issues with PSA being unable to open the moveset file.

Now available in blue.

ABloodyCanadian
    Ellipsis Abuser…
    Heroic Kitten

Background processes...

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #149 on: January 19, 2013, 06:12:40 PM »

Don't worry about that. I still have a version where it's still editable in PSA. When I made the demo, I used Save As, then saved that other PAC file in BrawlBox to lower the filesize. I'm still using the FitSamus.pac as we speak...

Pages:  1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 67
    Print
    Jump to: