Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Poll
Question: I'm at an attempt to get back to Brawl Modding!
Yay!
Boo!
Who are you?

Pages:  1 ... 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 ... 67
Author Topic: A Bloody Canadian's PSA Thread - Shinda Remake  (Read 287289 times)
Akeno/Archer
Middle Class Devil, Counter Guardian, Son of Sparda and
Special Access

"You will not forget this Devil's power!" -Vergil

• Awards Diamond in the Rough Super Saiyan Topic Favorite'd Heart Container

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #570 on: September 14, 2013, 09:22:45 AM »

I didn't really understand how does the aerial Side B works... Can you explain me, please?

"Atone for my sins? I don't have any sins to atone for nor have I forced such a meaningless concept on anyone." -Archer
    Best color, most stars, and least amount of power. The good life.
    Learning sucks, yeah, but it's from learning that you can eventually create masterpieces.

ABloodyCanadian
    Ellipsis Abuser…
    Heroic Kitten

Background processes...

• Awards KCMM Veteran Super Saiyan Topic Hey! Listen! Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #571 on: September 14, 2013, 10:15:08 AM »

By itself, it's a forward dash that has invulnerability frames. It can only be done once in the air, and allows you to run if on the ground. Press the Attack Button during the dash, and you'll be able to attack. On the ground, it's a multi hitting reversal attack. In the air, it's a kick that chains into another attack if it hits.

Akeno/Archer
    Special Access

« Reply #572 on: September 14, 2013, 12:19:48 PM »

By itself, it's a forward dash that has invulnerability frames. It can only be done once in the air, and allows you to run if on the ground. Press the Attack Button during the dash, and you'll be able to attack. On the ground, it's a multi hitting reversal attack. In the air, it's a kick that chains into another attack if it hits.
    Hmm... 'Kay. I'll keep that in mind...

"Atone for my sins? I don't have any sins to atone for nor have I forced such a meaningless concept on anyone." -Archer
    Learning sucks, yeah, but it's from learning that you can eventually create masterpieces.

JamietheAuraUser
    Extreme Kitten

Deadly Flower

• Awards Starstormer Constructive

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #573 on: September 14, 2013, 05:08:44 PM »

Oh yeah, something weird I noticed about GSS:

Her initial run speed is somehow faster than her maximum run speed. That is, she runs slower after turning or using SideB than when she starts from a dash.

Also figured out why I thought her rolling dodges sucked: The intangibility frames both start and end way earlier than I expect them to be.

"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"
    "We're the Mythbusters, we blow **** up." -- Adam Savage

"No, the solution is not to make a gatling gun out of bazookas."

ABloodyCanadian
    Ellipsis Abuser…
    Heroic Kitten

Background processes...

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #574 on: September 14, 2013, 06:54:47 PM »

I made the Animation Shorter, so that shouldn't be too much of a problem. As for the stats, as much as it sounds weird, I would like to keep it like that. It would encourage the player to use other ways of mobility to keep her out of harms way. Like, she has reversal attacks and invulnerability frames to support this.

JamietheAuraUser
    Extreme Kitten

Deadly Flower

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #575 on: September 14, 2013, 10:19:02 PM »

Yeah, but her air maneuverability isn't really that great, and her dodges as of V0.9 aren't great for movement, so her run is sort of important. Anyway, it's not a big issue, but it seems a little odd. Also, her run animation looks weird at that lower speed. Granted, it looks a little odd anyway, but...
    And speaking of air maneuverability, her Up Special could use a little more left-right control, I think. And possibly also the ability to fast-fall during the attack. Especially if its main purpose is going to be dodge-and-counter with those intangibility frames.

Also, her rolling dodge actually isn't bad. It's great for dodge-and-counter tactics. It's just not a good method of moving around, and it forces me to react later than I normally do.

ABloodyCanadian
    Ellipsis Abuser…
    Heroic Kitten

Background processes...

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #576 on: September 15, 2013, 08:16:08 AM »

Now that I notice it during normal gameplay, She should be able to fall faster, and execute the attack much quicker if it was going to be a counter attack. Though I also want to consider how much space it takes up at the moment. It's really good for keeping recovering characters off.

I noticed that people are picking one, but they aren't telling me how I can improve upon it...

JamietheAuraUser
    Extreme Kitten

Deadly Flower

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #577 on: September 15, 2013, 12:01:49 PM »

I don't really think the Up Special needs to have its attack come out all that much quicker, but I DO think it could use a little more left-right maneuverability, and the ability to fast-fall during the jump.

As far as aerial Side Special goes, I still think that the best things to do with that move are to remove the helpless fall if it hits, and to let her momentum and gravity continue as the initiating hit goes off, instead of stopping instantly in midair to use it. I will say that the current version of the move is much easier to hit with and more useful for recovery than it was in the previous beta. Only thing is, it's easy enough to hit with that I keep mistakenly using it as a pursuit move on foes I've already knocked back (items are on, obviously. Otherwise, she can't actually knock anyone back without sending them too far), which tends to result in me ending up in helpless fall over the edge of the stage. Stupid mistake on my part, I know.

ABloodyCanadian
    Ellipsis Abuser…
    Heroic Kitten

Background processes...

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #578 on: September 15, 2013, 12:31:07 PM »

I think I can add in Ike's Up Special Variable to achieve that left and right movability. As for the Fast Fall, I don't know if I can do that. But I can make her fall faster during the animation. She falls too slowly during that move anyway.

JamietheAuraUser
    Extreme Kitten

Deadly Flower

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #579 on: September 15, 2013, 02:44:22 PM »

I dunno, I think if she fell any faster she'd land before the attack finished going off normally. The idea was to be able to manipulate her height to use Up Special to drop down behind a foe who is below you.

ABloodyCanadian
    Ellipsis Abuser…
    Heroic Kitten

Background processes...

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #580 on: September 22, 2013, 09:08:38 AM »

2 Week break is on. I have more time to work on things now. I'll say this right now, that some of her aerial moves will work differently because I gave her Machinegun and Handgun Animations for her aerials. I'm also Re-Animating her NSpecial, and Various Dodge Moves.

Now with the development of SFX Hacks, maybe I can do SFX Hacks to make Gunshot Sounds.

SnatoWhato
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #581 on: September 26, 2013, 09:56:43 PM »

Dude, I LOVE this PSA. I din't try it a while back because I was intimidated by all the files. lol But today I tried it and I'm SOOO glad I did. Made a video. Hope you like it. Smiley

SSB Project M: Gunslinger Samus V0.9

ABloodyCanadian
    Ellipsis Abuser…
    Heroic Kitten

Background processes...

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #582 on: September 26, 2013, 10:04:21 PM »

GSS in Project M... how interesting... You sir might have made me a bit more motivated to work on V1.

Yes, there is progress! NSpecial has been toned down cause I felt it was somewhat abusable. Now the Aerial Machinegun does 6% while the Aerial Handgun does 3%. The startup time has been slightly increased too. Ground Handgun NSpecial is still the same, and I have not yet animated a new Ground Machinegun NSpecial yet, so idk how that'll turn out.
    « Last Edit: September 27, 2013, 01:13:52 AM by A Bloody Canadian » Logged

Akeno/Archer
    Special Access

« Reply #583 on: September 27, 2013, 10:55:16 AM »

That's some good news, man! I wish you good luck!! And I thought about something interesting, but I'll tell you about it later, when I'm done with what I wanted to do... Evil Wink That's a surprise!

ABloodyCanadian
    Ellipsis Abuser…
    Heroic Kitten

Background processes...

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #584 on: September 27, 2013, 11:05:25 AM »

Playing with some of the current changes. Overall, GSS seems somewhat nerfed from V0.9. I think the main reason is because of her NSpecial. I nerfed it so it does about half the damage V0.9 did. The cooldown is also longer too. So those people who abuse NSpecial may want to learn to not abuse it. There were other changes to some of her attacks too. I don't know how you guys will feel about this one... But I guess I I'll know when you try it...

Pages:  1 ... 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 ... 67
    Print
    Jump to: