Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Poll
Question: I'm at an attempt to get back to Brawl Modding!
Yay!
Boo!
Who are you?

Pages:  1 ... 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 ... 67
Author Topic: A Bloody Canadian's PSA Thread - Shinda Remake  (Read 287351 times)
JamietheAuraUser
Extreme Kitten

Deadly Flower

• Awards Starstormer Constructive

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #660 on: October 03, 2013, 12:43:31 PM »

So, since you asked, my idea for Blade Prince Marth's Final Smash is as follows:
    (Movement descriptions given as if facing right)

Blade Prince Marth poses for a moment as he ensures that he has all four of his swords available, then the attack opens similarly to how GSS's original Final Smash started, with a backflip spin to catch foes. The difference is that instead of going diagonally upward and forward, he travels in a forward arc. This deals 8 hits maximum, and results in his target being time-frozen while hanging in the air just in front of and slightly above him.

BPM (Blade Prince Marth, not Beats Per Minute. XD) then follows up by motioning with his arm as if throwing a kunai upwards, sending all four swords flying out at a 45° angle upwards and forwards. This deals another 4 hits, and pushes the foe at the same 45° angle before time-freezing them again.

Next, the foe is assaulted by the floating swords from all sides. One sword comes back the same way it first went and stabs through, then flies around to stab diagonally down from the upper left. Another sword stabs through from the upper right like the first did, then circles around to stab diagonally upwards from the bottom right. The third sword strikes first from the upper left, then circles around to stab diagonally downward from the upper right. The fourth sword stabs diagonally upward from the lower right, then circles around to strike from the lower left. Finally, the two swords that ended going upwards stab straight down simultaneously, then all four swords stab upward from the bottom simultaneously. At this point, time freezes completely to prevent the target from escaping the finishing blow.
    Total hits: 14

Finally, BPM leaps up after the swords, then all four swords merge together into a single massive sword pointing downwards, which BPM drops down on top of and sends plummeting down onto the foe, with him riding atop one side of its crossguard. The sword either explodes on impact or just sinks into the ground as BPM leaps off.

The Final Smash deals 27 hits (or 28 if you decide to have the sword explosion deal its own hit) total. Recommended damage spread (just as a guess):
    2% x 8
    1% x 4
    2% x 14
    20% x 1 (or 12% x 1, 8% x 1 if you're gonna have the sword explosion deal its own hit)
    Total damage: 68%

The only potential problem is that you're going to have to move whatever bone the camera events focus on to the centre of the targeted area for the middle section (where the foe is assaulted from all sides by the flying swords). That said, if I recall correctly that bone isn't actually rigged to any part of the character model.

"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"
    "We're the Mythbusters, we blow **** up." -- Adam Savage

"No, the solution is not to make a gatling gun out of bazookas."

ABloodyCanadian
    Ellipsis Abuser…
    Heroic Kitten

Background processes...

• Awards KCMM Veteran Super Saiyan Topic Hey! Listen! Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #661 on: October 03, 2013, 12:50:13 PM »

The good thing with this PSA is that his other 3 swords are External GFXs. So I can place them on Any Bone at any point in time. Sadly, I'm not a fan of the 4 Swords Merging into 1 idea. Impalement, YES!

DrunkRussian
    Extreme Kitten

Resident Brawl Modding Weeb.

• Awards Hot Topic Ceiling Cat

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #662 on: October 03, 2013, 12:54:12 PM »

Me Gusta Impalement
    That reminds me, how the [censored] am I going to do grabs for Susano'o...
    Goddamit.
    Maybe itll just flow back into jab...

PSN:Undead_Baan
    My Youtube:http://www.youtube.com/channel/DrunkenRussianGaming
    Contains Hacks,Naruto Storm stuff, and other [censored]
    Current projects being worked on:Smash 4 Cloud,Gintok Sakata,Shishio Makoto,Deidara,Kenpachi Remake,Ryuko Matoi, Grimmjow, Hollow Ichigo V2

JamietheAuraUser
    Extreme Kitten

Deadly Flower

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #663 on: October 03, 2013, 01:11:34 PM »

I dunno, I just somehow felt like having Blade Prince Marth ride a giant sword into the foe would be cool, is all. You could simply end instead with the camera aiming diagonally down at the opponent as he simply throws all four swords down at them one at a time, with each one exploding on impact, or with them all embedding into the foe and then exploding simultaneously. And then Blade Prince Marth just sort of casually falls back down, since he'd then end the move way up in the air. XD

Edit: Gunslinger Samus needs to jump slightly higher when she does her Final Smash. Right now, against characters like Ganondorf she'll completely fail to go over their head and instead just push them along.
    « Last Edit: October 05, 2013, 06:55:51 PM by JamietheAuraUser » Logged

ABloodyCanadian
    Ellipsis Abuser…
    Heroic Kitten

Background processes...

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #664 on: October 05, 2013, 11:17:08 PM »

I've had that problem with Bowser actually. Her jump height during the FS was higher than it was in V0.9 because of him. I guess a bit more wouldn't hurt, but I don't want the animation look too weird. But then again, the fact that it's Cinematic will hide some of these imperfections.

As far as Blade Prince Marth goes however, My 2 Week break is about to end, so I can't really work on anything large scale at the moment. Still planning on revamping Shinda and Scarlet Fighter though. If I can squeeze in some time, I might be able to make small progress on BPM.

JamietheAuraUser
    Extreme Kitten

Deadly Flower

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #665 on: October 08, 2013, 10:18:21 AM »

I actually had that problem with Bowser in this one. But well, it was a hacked Bowser who had Heavy Armour on all animations, so he only flinched from the initial grenade and was thus standing too tall for her to jump over him.

Edit: Also, her FS gunshots stop comboing after a certain point. By which I mean it's still inescapable, but Training Mode stops registering a combo. Which is kind of a shame, even though it doesn't really matter.

Edit 2: Aerial Neutral Special does something cool when reversed: it reverses her aerial momentum, like Lucario's does. Really useful for a number of things, including reversing the tide of the match by abruptly going from running away to attacking. She can also use it for a safe off-stage game with the handgun version. I imagine it could probably be used to score a KO at lower percents than normal. (Around 70-85% as opposed to the normal 115-140%.)
    Forward Tilt > Down Aerial > Reverse Neutral Special (enemy is KO'd here, the rest is for recovery) > Side Special > Up Special.

Edit 3: I keep finding myself wishing I could reverse Side Special when the initial attack hits, so that she turns around back the way she came instead of continuing past the foe. I know that's how it worked in the first beta, but back then it was harder to aim the darn thing. Now, though, it's still easiest to land it as follow-up attack when the opponent doesn't have any ground beneath them. Problem is, if they don't have any ground below them, then usually you don't either... Anyway, I think the ability to reverse it would make her movement and attack options much more unpredictable.

ABloodyCanadian
    Ellipsis Abuser…
    Heroic Kitten

Background processes...

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #666 on: October 08, 2013, 10:53:10 AM »

Edit 3: I keep finding myself wishing I could reverse Side Special when the initial attack hits, so that she turns around back the way she came instead of continuing past the foe. I know that's how it worked in the first beta, but back then it was harder to aim the darn thing. Now, though, it's still easiest to land it as follow-up attack when the opponent doesn't have any ground beneath them. Problem is, if they don't have any ground below them, then usually you don't either... Anyway, I think the ability to reverse it would make her movement and attack options much more unpredictable.

That's actually an interesting idea. I think I still have some Actions and SubActions to spare, so I might be able to do that. Like I said, I don't have time to work on anything Large Scale at the moment.

JamietheAuraUser
    Extreme Kitten

Deadly Flower

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #667 on: October 08, 2013, 11:19:37 AM »

Not sure it even requires a different subaction. Is there a way to force her to change direction during the initial hit so that she registers the direction change during the subaction/action (whichver you used) transition? What I mean is, if you place the "If (Control Stick input stuff): Change Direction" before the Change Action, will she register the change when she does the Change Action, or only when she returns to the default falling/standing Action?

ABloodyCanadian
    Ellipsis Abuser…
    Heroic Kitten

Background processes...

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #668 on: October 08, 2013, 02:08:03 PM »

I'm gonna need a different Action/SubAction Altogether. I could do it the Frameskip way (Used for your aerials), but that would require the TransN Bone to end up in the same position by the end of the animation. I want more freedom from that.

JamietheAuraUser
    Extreme Kitten

Deadly Flower

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #669 on: October 08, 2013, 02:13:46 PM »

So you're gonna make a whole new animation for it, rather than just having her reverse before switching to the next Subaction?

I'm no expert, but I imagine the current code goes something like this:

Change Subaction, Subaction: (bla). Requirement: Hitbox connects

And you could easily change it to this:

If: Hitbox connects
        If: (Control Stick input stuff)
             Change Direction
        Change Subaction, Subaction: (bla)

ABloodyCanadian
    Ellipsis Abuser…
    Heroic Kitten

Background processes...

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #670 on: October 08, 2013, 02:23:48 PM »

No, I would add in another Change Action Event for this will both work on The Ground and in the Air. I could try and do it that way for I wouldn't need to use up more Actions.

On another note, if I were to do that, I dunno how the Control Stick Requirement works. Which is why I'm limited to using buttons...

JamietheAuraUser
    Extreme Kitten

Deadly Flower

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #671 on: October 08, 2013, 05:31:23 PM »

Wait, a reversed version for the ground, too? Dunno if that's necessary. I suspect it might be overpowered. I mean, you just finished nerfing the range to make it less powerful...

Found some stuff relating to that from a help topic. Here:

I'm not sure if this is right but try using these if commands:

If control stick left:
    If Compare: IC-Basic[246] >= IC-Basic[114] (type 1014 instead of 246 and 3186 instead of 114)

If control stick right:
    If Compare: IC-Basic[246] <= IC-Basic[114]

If control stick up:
    If Compare: IC-Basic[250] >= IC-Basic[114] (type 1018 instead of 250)

If control stick down:
    If Compare: IC-Basic[250] <= IC-Basic[114]

Again, I'm not sure if I have that exactly right but it's something like that.

Edit: Actually, this:
    I found the main stick on one of your psas, actually.
    IC-Basic[1011] >= IC-Basic[3149]   (right) (actually forward)
    IC-Basic[1012] >= IC-Basic[3149]   (left) (actually backward)
    IC-Basic[1018] >= IC-Basic[3186]   (up)
    IC-Basic[1020] >= IC-Basic[3186]   (down)

The variables are not in hex. Not sure if this can be found on dantarion's wiki, but the site is down for now so I can't try searching for it.  Lips Sealed
    « Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 06:09:31 PM by JamietheAuraUser » Logged

GameAndWatcher
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #672 on: October 08, 2013, 10:50:30 PM »

GSS has a bit of a problem. She freezes at times, sort of as if she's been affected by the Ice Climbers' Freeze glitch from Melee. I do not know how to trigger this, but I want to notify you all about this and I hope you fix this soon.

<- I Support MM8BDM!

ABloodyCanadian
    Ellipsis Abuser…
    Heroic Kitten

Background processes...

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #673 on: October 08, 2013, 10:55:04 PM »

I've actually discussed that in a Help Topic. It seems to crash the game at random. Nothing I can fix sadly...

If that's not the case, what do you mean by Freeze? I don't get your Melee Terminology... If you're talking about her grabs, then V1 Fixed that already.

This is what happens if you don't clearly describe things... But then again, I don't play Melee, so that's my fault there.
    « Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 11:01:43 PM by A Bloody Canadian » Logged

JamietheAuraUser
    Extreme Kitten

Deadly Flower

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #674 on: October 08, 2013, 11:17:36 PM »

I actually haven't seen those crashes in V1. Found two others, though:
    (Note: I was fighting SDoom's Deadpool both times, so I think they might be his fault.)

1. Crash when I grabbed Deadpool on a certain particular spot on Corneria.
    2. Froze when I ran up and grabbed Deadpool the instant his Down Smash's hitbox ended.

As for the "freeze" glitch the guy above mentioned, I think he's referring to a certain odd glitch in which she occasionally goes into infinite hitlag. Both of the times it happened to me, Dark Lord Ganon's Flame Choke (Side Special) was involved. It's good training for SDI, though! Tongue

Pages:  1 ... 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 ... 67
    Print
    Jump to: