Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Poll
Question: I'm at an attempt to get back to Brawl Modding!
Yay!
Boo!
Who are you?

Pages:  1 ... 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 ... 67
Author Topic: A Bloody Canadian's PSA Thread - Shinda Remake  (Read 287232 times)
Calypso
Extreme Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #720 on: November 02, 2013, 01:40:33 AM »

Did anyone ever come along to try and finish the Shiki PSA?

ABloodyCanadian
Ellipsis Abuser…
Heroic Kitten

Background processes...

• Awards KCMM Veteran Super Saiyan Topic Hey! Listen! Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #721 on: November 02, 2013, 08:48:55 AM »

Nobody's taking it...

SonicBrawler
    Magical Girl
    Overlord Kitten

Bae

• Awards Star Hacker Active Contributor Renowned Hacker Heart Container

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #722 on: November 02, 2013, 09:09:35 AM »

if i didnt promise to help on a ton of other things i would have taken it....

Quotes:
    Not all people have the luxury of being able to buy things whenever they want.

Some people are barely scraping by in the economy.
    Modding has made you guys so spoiled.

Ultraxwing
    Holy Kitten

Master of the Vault!

• Awards Constructive Hot Topic KCMM Veteran Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #723 on: November 02, 2013, 01:01:08 PM »

The only problem i see with this, is the Damage he can do. if all of his moves do only 1-5% damage. and if you execute a 5 hit combo. the max damage at one string that could be done is 25% while the minimum is 5% and knockback growth is congruent so that is not a problem.

i love the idea of combo systems. but an "escape" or a way to end the combo even in mid string should be an option.

an idea for this would be.
    the jab is to tilts shouldn't be able to be escaped. but if leading to a smash or a Special. if a player has a quick shield finger or dodge finger has half a second to escape or less than that. i haven't dished out any ideas or suggestions in a long time. so please excuse me if it isn't good advice.

oh, and may i suggest that certain swords have different "effects" attached. like Electricity,Fire,Aura,etc. only if you sweet spot or finish off the combo with a heavy hitter move. make the execution feel sweeter with some visual reward or audible.

i see this character (on paper so to speak) being a monster in a 1V1 match. if it involves 2 or 3 extra people there will be a problem. so i think his combos should work better the closer someone is, and if they are farther away they can stop or "gimp" them. making him no so useless in a crowd. but he will truly shine in a 1v1 aspect.

also, may i suggest that the final smash is him holding (maybe at random) one of his swords in his other hand. and a few dual wielding animation. He is the blade prince; so if he decided to dual wield it's a true show of strength. sorry cancel that. would be cool, but he is a blade prince so this is too "cliche"

instead it could involve him being able to do a ver Link esque final smash but switching between the blades in the furious combo while the camera is switching around him showing off his trumendous skills. and the blades should be left in the person when he is finished with the combo.

either way, i'm highly anticipating this moveset.

if you are still having trouble finding models for his sword. i can make swords for him. swords are easy models to make.
    And if you have more swords for him, you can make the psa customizable with simple instructions for other people's taste

ABloodyCanadian
    Ellipsis Abuser…
    Heroic Kitten

Background processes...

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #724 on: November 02, 2013, 01:30:34 PM »

The only problem i see with this, is the Damage he can do. if all of his moves do only 1-5% damage. and if you execute a 5 hit combo. the max damage at one string that could be done is 25% while the minimum is 5% and knockback growth is congruent so that is not a problem.

I have no problems with combos dealing 25%. They would be execution heavy anyways. The Maximum amount of moves he'll do in a combo at most is about 9 Different Attacks. That itself should deal about 20% - 30%. But on a Balancing Standpoint, who knows...

i love the idea of combo systems. but an "escape" or a way to end the combo even in mid string should be an option.

an idea for this would be.
    the jab is to tilts shouldn't be able to be escaped. but if leading to a smash or a Special. if a player has a quick shield finger or dodge finger has half a second to escape or less than that. i haven't dished out any ideas or suggestions in a long time. so please excuse me if it isn't good advice.

Not a bad suggestion there. But that would make KOing the person more harder to kill... lol. But I'll see what I can do.

oh, and may i suggest that certain swords have different "effects" attached. like Electricity,Fire,Aura,etc. only if you sweet spot or finish off the combo with a heavy hitter move. make the execution feel sweeter with some visual reward or audible.

To be honest, I'm not a fan of Elemental attacks unless it's part of the character. I want this PSA to be all swords, and the only person who knows about how the moveset will be presented is that Drunk Russian Person. Just wait and see for yourself...

i see this character (on paper so to speak) being a monster in a 1V1 match. if it involves 2 or 3 extra people there will be a problem. so i think his combos should work better the closer someone is, and if they are farther away they can stop or "gimp" them. making him no so useless in a crowd. but he will truly shine in a 1v1 aspect.

How one should approach the enemy is something to consider as well. I plan on having the Dash Attack not being a Combo Starter, cause that would be a cheap way of doing things. If he has an extra sword, maybe. This way, if you want to do a full combo, you'll have to be forced to walking. And starting combos in the air is only half the fun too.

also, may i suggest that the final smash is him holding (maybe at random) one of his swords in his other hand. and a few dual wielding animation. He is the blade prince; so if he decided to dual wield it's a true show of strength. sorry cancel that. would be cool, but he is a blade prince so this is too "cliche"

instead it could involve him being able to do a ver Link esque final smash but switching between the blades in the furious combo while the camera is switching around him showing off his trumendous skills. and the blades should be left in the person when he is finished with the combo.

Final Smash has been planned out too, if you haven't noticed. The question is how I'll present it...

if you are still having trouble finding models for his sword. i can make swords for him. swords are easy models to make.

I'll give credit to you if you do. But they better look good... I don't want a simple broadsword.

And if you have more swords for him, you can make the psa customizable with simple instructions for other people's taste

That's something I don't plan on doing if the filesize gets too big. And considering how much stuff I need to put into this PSA, I most likely won't be doing that. I do however plan on making 2 versions of the PSA.

Ultraxwing
    Holy Kitten

Master of the Vault!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #725 on: November 02, 2013, 01:43:22 PM »

Not a bad suggestion there. But that would make KOing the person more harder to kill... lol. But I'll see what I can do.
    This character sounds skill based. so it would be reall up to be player to use his or her skills against the opponent truly. waiting to use or perform that killer move just right.

I'll give credit to you if you do. But they better look good... I don't want a simple broadsword.

That would insult a Blade prince would it not? i'm making a design as we speak. he has 3 swords correct? do you have any swords on you? how many swords do you need? etc, etc.

there are indeed models on the Brawlvault for swords but having one pure custom sword model dedicated to this psa wouldn't hurt. it would mainly show that it has something "original" or purely OC.

ABloodyCanadian
    Ellipsis Abuser…
    Heroic Kitten

Background processes...

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #726 on: November 02, 2013, 01:45:15 PM »

Marth's Sword will stay the same unless I can get somebody to Vertex it for me. As far as other Swords go, I have Ganon's Sword, Ike's Sword, and the Beam Sword.

Ultraxwing
    Holy Kitten

Master of the Vault!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #727 on: November 02, 2013, 01:48:54 PM »

he has 4 swords. his original sword stays the same. (easier to do anyway and makes it costume copliant) the other 3 are in his moveset.pac file. this leaves him with one sword trail to use. and 3 others.

he has Ike's; Ganon's; and a Beamsword.

the priority in my opinion is to be rid of the Beamsword. it doesn't fit. he has a medium ranged, short ranged, and a heavy sword.

are these sizes important to the moveset, or are they place holders?

i'm asking cause if need be i can make 3 sword models that work better.

ABloodyCanadian
    Ellipsis Abuser…
    Heroic Kitten

Background processes...

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #728 on: November 02, 2013, 01:55:13 PM »

Having Different Ranged Swords isn't a bad idea. It gives me variety. Some of his attacks will be short ranged, and are meant to be combo starters, And the Longer Ranged Attacks are meant to be combo'd into. If possible, could I have a really short sword as well? I also want one that he'll be able to throw around as well.

Ultraxwing
    Holy Kitten

Master of the Vault!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #729 on: November 02, 2013, 02:02:03 PM »

he throws a sword?
    if so i already have the three swords's names.

The Ultra: A long ranged sword intended for the killing blows
    The X: A short Katana (single edged?) blade that is used quickly
    The Wing: A blade that is almost as light as air.
    okay, masturbation is over.

if one is for throwing, i'll design it more so like a "Jet" so to speak,

one is longer. so this one will be more focused on blade details and using darker colours. it's a long blade it attracts attention,

and the final one is short, this one i'll make very bright colours and more handle focused in its design.

are all of these okay. i don't want to start sketching things out until it is pretty much agreed upon.
    i'm naming each blade that just because.

ABloodyCanadian
    Ellipsis Abuser…
    Heroic Kitten

Background processes...

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #730 on: November 02, 2013, 02:04:53 PM »

That sounds good. I'll await the results...

Ultraxwing
    Holy Kitten

Master of the Vault!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #731 on: November 02, 2013, 02:05:51 PM »

Alright!
    i'm getting to work on that. i'll have an Alpha design up sometime today. most likely on the short sword.

ABloodyCanadian
    Ellipsis Abuser…
    Heroic Kitten

Background processes...

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #732 on: November 02, 2013, 02:56:11 PM »

In the meantime, is anyone else willing to help me with Animations? Even 1 Animation will be fine. As long as it's making Progress!

Calypso
    Extreme Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #733 on: November 02, 2013, 03:44:28 PM »

Um if you'd like to send me Shiki I'll try to finish her, I don't know much about PSAing but I'm going to try and start learning in December. I can't promise anything I hardly have any time to try to learn this stuff so if anyone else decides they want to try and finish Shiki go right on ahead. If I do start her I'll post that I've started her here and open a thread somewhere.

If I do ever start her I would take a long time to finish and it might not be done as good as we'd all want but I'll try, also she'd be safe on my computer so if you ever lost her file and need it or something I'd be able to send it to you. I don't know just a thought, I don't want to see this project die.
    « Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 02:19:49 AM by Calypso » Logged

ABloodyCanadian
    Ellipsis Abuser…
    Heroic Kitten

Background processes...

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #734 on: November 02, 2013, 03:48:14 PM »

I'll PM you... have fun!

Pages:  1 ... 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 ... 67
    Print
    Jump to: