Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Poll
Question: I'm at an attempt to get back to Brawl Modding!
Yay!
Boo!
Who are you?

Pages:  1 ... 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 ... 67
Author Topic: A Bloody Canadian's PSA Thread - Shinda Remake  (Read 287257 times)
JamietheAuraUser
Extreme Kitten

Deadly Flower

• Awards Starstormer Constructive

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #780 on: November 18, 2013, 09:46:24 PM »

Prolonged GFX are caused by the time-slowing effect used to stop the foe from just walking out of the crate's range. As such, they are unavoidable. With that in mind, I would recommend a slightly more sideways-ish camera angle, along with slightly more distance as well. As is, Shinda herself takes up half the field of view, while time-slowed slash effects take up the other half.

While having a separate dodge animation makes sense, the fact is that a foe can dodge it easily simply by falling past her when she intercepts them. Unlike with Marth's, a perfectly timed airdodge or fastfall is completely unnecessary. What I would recommend, then, is that instead of adding a hitbox to the dash, you make the initial slash come out just a little faster.

By the way, did you notice the part where I pointed out that the camera event ends after the intangibility does? That's kind of a big issue.

Regarding Gunslinger Samus, as well: When I recommended that her stance needed to be changed for Side Tilt and suggested having one of her legs flat against the ground, I meant her back leg. It still looks weird and spidery and messed up.

Oh yeah, also, that glitch where she sometimes freezes completely in her flinch animation when attacked? I had that happen to me after being hit by the Excitebike Assist Trophy a few times in rapid succession. If she dies while in that state, such as, for example, the player deciding to SDI past the blast line in order to end the effect, the KO never registers properly and she never respawns. The blast line and death quote work as normal, and her percentage shatters as normal, but her stock count doesn't decrease. It would appear that the only way to break the effect, then, is for the frozen player to be grabbed, pummelled, and thrown.

"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"
    "We're the Mythbusters, we blow **** up." -- Adam Savage

"No, the solution is not to make a gatling gun out of bazookas."

ABloodyCanadian
    Ellipsis Abuser…
    Heroic Kitten

Background processes...

• Awards KCMM Veteran Super Saiyan Topic Hey! Listen! Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #781 on: November 18, 2013, 10:14:59 PM »

By the way, did you notice the part where I pointed out that the camera event ends after the intangibility does? That's kind of a big issue.

I'm pretty sure I had Body Collision Events to prevent that... I could double check.

Oh yeah, also, that glitch where she sometimes freezes completely in her flinch animation when attacked? I had that happen to me after being hit by the Excitebike Assist Trophy a few times in rapid succession. If she dies while in that state, such as, for example, the player deciding to SDI past the blast line in order to end the effect, the KO never registers properly and she never respawns. The blast line and death quote work as normal, and her percentage shatters as normal, but her stock count doesn't decrease. It would appear that the only way to break the effect, then, is for the frozen player to be grabbed, pummelled, and thrown.

That issue is still beyond me sadly... It could be a BrawlBox thing.

JamietheAuraUser
    Extreme Kitten

Deadly Flower

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #782 on: November 18, 2013, 10:56:25 PM »

All I know was that Dark Lord Ganon used a backward dodge to escape from the final hit of Shinda's FS, then hit her while the close-up camera was still active.

As for why I'm complaining about the amount of damage the exploding crate in her FS deals, it's because I'm a perfectionist at heart and thematics mean a lot to me. When I'm considering how much damage an attack should deal, or each individual hit should deal, either for my one current project or for my moveset ideas thread, my concern is not only for balance but for the apparent relative power of each attack. If an attack that looks hard-hitting has less KB or deals less damage than an attack that appears to have less power, I consider that to be a major issue, especially for multiple hits within the one attack. For me, it's not just how much damage the jab combo deals in total, but to make sure that the finishing hit is the strongest while not making the whole combo overpowered. It's not the exact damage percentage dealt by the FS total, but that the final hit has enough power behind it to feel like a finishing blow.

Calypso
    Extreme Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #783 on: November 19, 2013, 02:17:46 AM »

I'm not aiming for a Gambler Type of Character. I'm aiming for a Luck-Based Character... lol. I don't want the character literally using Cards and Dice to Attack. They just determine the effects of the attack he'll do.

Oh well something like that will be harder to do because its more subtle(less direct). I know its early but if cards/dice aren't doing the damage directly what type of weapon or weapons will the lucky character do? Also are the normal dice/cards or enchanted dice/spell cards, like do they unleash energy he uses for the attack or is it like two face from batman, roll a 7 head shot with a magnum 4 slug hammer to the foot, 3 I let you go.
    « Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 02:22:28 AM by Calypso » Logged

ABloodyCanadian
    Ellipsis Abuser…
    Heroic Kitten

Background processes...

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #784 on: November 19, 2013, 07:11:00 AM »

For a weapon choice, that would depend on the character it's over. And like I said. The Cards and Dice only determine the effects of the attack. Nothing more.

ABloodyCanadian
    Ellipsis Abuser…
    Heroic Kitten

Background processes...

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #785 on: December 05, 2013, 10:02:16 AM »

Slow progress on BPM... I made like... 1 Animation while the site was down... lol...

Clearly, I'm not so motivated to Animating anymore cause it's probably the most time consuming thing ever, and my standards of animations get higher as I do it more. PSA, work I don't mind, but I can't do it without animations... That's why I'm wanting others to help me out...

So to show that I've done something, here's the Neutral Side Tilt... Yes, he will have 3 Different Side Tilts like Shinda.

« Last Edit: December 05, 2013, 10:03:42 AM by A Bloody Canadian » Logged

JamietheAuraUser
    Extreme Kitten

Deadly Flower

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #786 on: December 05, 2013, 10:44:16 AM »

That's pretty good! Also, we're back! WOOT!

Akeno/Archer
    Middle Class Devil, Counter Guardian, Son of Sparda and
    Special Access

"You will not forget this Devil's power!" -Vergil

• Awards Diamond in the Rough Super Saiyan Topic Favorite'd Heart Container

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #787 on: December 05, 2013, 11:01:40 AM »

That's pretty good! Also, we're back! WOOT!
    [censored] yea!!
    Slow progress on BPM... I made like... 1 Animation while the site was down... lol...

Clearly, I'm not so motivated to Animating anymore cause it's probably the most time consuming thing ever, and my standards of animations get higher as I do it more. PSA, work I don't mind, but I can't do it without animations... That's why I'm wanting others to help me out...

So to show that I've done something, here's the Neutral Side Tilt... Yes, he will have 3 Different Side Tilts like Shinda.

Looks cool, but what are you gonna do for this move?

"Atone for my sins? I don't have any sins to atone for nor have I forced such a meaningless concept on anyone." -Archer
    Best color, most stars, and least amount of power. The good life.
    Learning sucks, yeah, but it's from learning that you can eventually create masterpieces.

ABloodyCanadian
    Ellipsis Abuser…
    Heroic Kitten

Background processes...

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #788 on: December 05, 2013, 11:16:33 AM »

It's one of the 3 Side Tilts he has. This is just your run off the mill Side Tilt with no special properties other than the fact that it can combo into another move. Whether it's another one of his tilts, or one his Smash Attacks or Specials.

BlueBrain
    God Kitten

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Super Saiyan Topic >9000 Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #789 on: December 06, 2013, 07:55:34 AM »

while it seems like a functional animation, it looks rather bland imo, try bending him a bit more overall, give the swing some emphasis by giving it an impact on his body movement, there seems to be no strength in the animation as it is, it even looks like the sword is feather-weighted...

SonicBrawler
    Magical Girl
    Overlord Kitten

Bae

• Awards Star Hacker Renowned Hacker Active Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #790 on: December 06, 2013, 07:57:39 AM »

i would help but

1) i have a ton already
    2) i find it hard animating for others because i may have to change or redo an animation several times which gets annoying

i look forward to this psa though. hope u get an animator

Quotes:
    Not all people have the luxury of being able to buy things whenever they want.

Some people are barely scraping by in the economy.
    Modding has made you guys so spoiled.

ABloodyCanadian
    Ellipsis Abuser…
    Heroic Kitten

Background processes...

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #791 on: December 06, 2013, 09:20:26 AM »

i would help but

1) i have a ton already
    2) i find it hard animating for others because i may have to change or redo an animation several times which gets annoying

i look forward to this psa though. hope u get an animator

You told me about this already... lol...

Yeah, I was thinking I could do some basic animations since I have already thought of how BPM is gonna look attacking, and have somebody else make it better for me. So really, you wouldn't be making any new animations, you'd most likely be fixing up the animations I've already made.

ABloodyCanadian
    Ellipsis Abuser…
    Heroic Kitten

Background processes...

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #792 on: December 13, 2013, 12:00:43 PM »

Why must these ideas come to me to me now of all times...

I have a few ideas for GSS. Yes, I know that's done and over with, but I feel like I should say them...

1st). I have this idea for another thing to add to GSS' current Down Special. By pressing the shield button, she'll be able to evade mid-animation, and perform a counterattack if the player desired. The catch is that she won't switch guns by doing this. I have some Actions and SubActions to spare, so I would be able to do this.

2nd). Some New Animations. More specifically the Ground Side Special Attack, Back Throw, and Up Throw. There may be some other animations I'm forgetting, but I just want to change the ones that don't appeal to me so much.

3rd). I feel like I should tone down the Handgun Knockback a bit cause after a while, I feel like I'm getting KOs as early as 50% maybe 30% with it. It's something that's bothering me, and I feel like I should fix it.

4th). Do you think GSS should utilize grenades more? I was thinking she would have to throw one at a time before she would have to restock. Plus, I can't really make new projectiles, so they would explode in fixed positions as a result. They're slow, but powerful. My main concern is how this would effect her current style of play cause they can be used while using either gun, and it would deal both damage and knockback.

Also, yay for +30000 views!
    « Last Edit: December 13, 2013, 12:03:22 PM by A Bloody Canadian » Logged

JamietheAuraUser
    Extreme Kitten

Deadly Flower

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #793 on: December 13, 2013, 02:19:11 PM »

I haven't been finding that I'm getting KOs too early as her, with one exception: her Down Throw. Against some characters such as Marth, she can gimp them by forcing them to the edge and hitting them with Down Throw, then dropping down onto the ledge to block their recovery using the resulting intangibility frames.

Other opinions about the handgun: Forward Aerial still isn't all that useful. Back Aerial is as good a kill move as ever, possibly a little too good. Forward Smash also KOs really easily, but it's pretty easy to just hit her out of it, grab her out of shield, hit her with something that has Super Armour, etc. Up Smash is pretty darn dangerous as well, scoring KOs at about 85% uncharged, but has terrible horizontal range and tends to push the foe out of it if you catch them elsewhere in the move, so while it is quick and hard-hitting, trying to set it up can leave her very vulnerable.

Aerial Side Special either needs the ability to reverse its direction on hit as I suggested earlier, or more damage with the machine gun/more knockback with the handgun. Or perhaps the handgun version needs a change in knockback angle, so it can be used to set up a KO with another move. Hit the foe with it when they try to pursue you offstage, then jump after them and KO with an Aerial.
    « Last Edit: December 13, 2013, 02:20:20 PM by JamietheAuraUser » Logged

Calypso
    Extreme Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #794 on: December 13, 2013, 03:37:22 PM »

Hi for your grenade thingy when your using hand guns you throw normal grenades, when using machine guns you throw flash grenades low damage and no real knockback but gives either electric stun or shield break state, just a thought.

Pages:  1 ... 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 ... 67
    Print
    Jump to: