Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Poll
Question: I'm at an attempt to get back to Brawl Modding!
Yay!
Boo!
Who are you?

Pages:  1 ... 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 ... 67
Author Topic: A Bloody Canadian's PSA Thread - Shinda Remake  (Read 286473 times)
Kyouma
Heroic Kitten

• Awards Star Hacker Renowned Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #825 on: February 21, 2014, 06:08:42 PM »

The thing in question is that it doesnt freeze with the regular zerosamus, but it does freeze with your PSA and I really feel your psa fits the character very good, why I haven't gave up

SilverBaretta
    Expert Kitten

Longtime lurker, finally registered!

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #826 on: February 21, 2014, 07:32:56 PM »

Hey BC, this is sort of a weird request, but I've really been enjoying your Gunslinger Samus PSA. I was wondering; do you want an HD video of it in action for the Vault entry? I can record it straight out of Wii U upscaling, but it would be your call to use the footage I create, of course.

Something remixed this way comes...

JamietheAuraUser
    Extreme Kitten

Deadly Flower

• Awards Starstormer Constructive

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #827 on: February 21, 2014, 10:47:55 PM »

The thing in question is that it doesnt freeze with the regular zerosamus, but it does freeze with your PSA and I really feel your psa fits the character very good, why I haven't gave up
    The filesize limit for the Fitcharacter00.pac and the FitcharacterMotionEtc. files is cumulative. It's entirely possible to get a freeze as a result of that.

Additionally, the filesize limit for the fitcharacter.pac and Fitcharacter00.pcs is also cumulative, and you can get a freeze as a result of that too. Especially for Samus and ZSS, since the file size limits are cumulative for the two of them.

i'd bend her back further backwards, making more of an arch, i think it's important to look at real people doing this kind of stuff and analyzing their movments in order to make the animation top quality

I've seen real people do that kind of stuff. While some female gymnasts tend to arch their backs more doing that kind of thing, male gymnasts tend not to, and it actually looks perfectly reasonable as is.
    « Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 10:49:54 PM by JamietheAuraUser » Logged

"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"
    "We're the Mythbusters, we blow **** up." -- Adam Savage

"No, the solution is not to make a gatling gun out of bazookas."

ABloodyCanadian
    Ellipsis Abuser…
    Heroic Kitten

Background processes...

• Awards KCMM Veteran Super Saiyan Topic Hey! Listen! Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #828 on: July 09, 2014, 11:23:36 AM »

Been a while, hasn't it...

So, in an attempt to get back to Brawl Modding, I'm gonna make an update to Gunslinger Samus. Fixing up some derpy animations, replacing some of her attacks that aren't working for me, and adding new features and tidbits overall. And yes, Custom SFX for her guns is among one of them.

Here's some work that I've done already.

No, I'm not using Maya, cause I can't be bothered to import everything... lol...

Hows that for a B-Day Gift... for myself... lol...

If there's anything you'd like to address about GSS, now would be a good time.
    « Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 11:29:23 AM by A Bloody Canadian » Logged

Renova

Extreme Kitten

There's one thing a saiyan always keeps..HIS PRIDE

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #829 on: July 09, 2014, 01:17:32 PM »

I love GSS. she's my favorite on the vault. I've learned to utilize all her moves and I find her extremely fun.

I don't think her gun switch (down b) works in the air though.

Any hope of a Scarlet fighter update?

But most importantly, welcome back and. Happy Birthday!

JamietheAuraUser
    Extreme Kitten

Deadly Flower

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #830 on: July 09, 2014, 01:43:42 PM »

Gun switch can be started in the air, but you have to land partway through for it to work. The part where she spins in place only works if she's on the ground when it reaches that point in the animation. Otherwise, it's just an aerial taunt, lolz.

Also, I managed to put a voice clip on her Final Smash right before the grenade without BrawlBox breaking anything! And one on her GuardDamage, too, along with a variable that clears itself during GuardOn. So now she taunts you when she shields your attack, lol. ("That's an attack?")

ABloodyCanadian
    Ellipsis Abuser…
    Heroic Kitten

Background processes...

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #831 on: July 09, 2014, 02:27:36 PM »

I don't think her gun switch (down b) works in the air though.

That was intentional, otherwise it would be too easy to change guns. You'd have to land halfway through it in order for it to work.

Any hope of a Scarlet fighter update?

I'm gonna take things slow. Scarlet Fighter will eventually be updated, but at the moment, no.

But most importantly, welcome back and. Happy Birthday!

Thank you kindly!

So, some of you guys may have noticed, but there are some new animations that you have yet to see in GSS' Moveset...

This is a new thing that'll happen with her Down Special. Press the shield button before changing guns, and you'll perform a forward roll. If the button remains held however mid roll, you'll be able to perform another flip, and shoot any opponents that may be close. Just note that doing this will not change guns, and is only an evasive maneuver if somebody happens to get close during The Down Special.

The rest of the animations are simply just revamps of the moves she has before. See if you can figure out which is which...

JamietheAuraUser
    Extreme Kitten

Deadly Flower

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #832 on: July 09, 2014, 02:41:19 PM »

Her evasive attack string is gonna be really frickin' godly now, with the addition of that new special move. She'll be able to go Dash Attack > SideB + Extension > DownB + Full Extension > UpB + Extension.

Archer(AkenoS3)
    Lol Kitten

Archer Class Servant Master Race

• Awards Heart Container Warm Welcomer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #833 on: July 09, 2014, 05:38:43 PM »

You give us epicness the day of YOUR birthday xD
    Awesome present, man! I shall give you a second one. Though it'll be a bit after your birthday!
    Guess what it is? No? I'll keep it a secret :p

On PC On Phone
    My PSA thread below.
    A forgotten place of a forgotten hero.

Learning sucks, yeah, but it's from learning that you can eventually create masterpieces.

JamietheAuraUser
    Extreme Kitten

Deadly Flower

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #834 on: July 09, 2014, 06:10:04 PM »

Oh, also, one of GSS's feet seems to be stretching or something in that run animation. Just thought you should know.

Archer(AkenoS3)
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #835 on: July 09, 2014, 06:51:40 PM »

Oh, also, one of GSS's feet seems to be stretching or something in that run animation. Just thought you should know.
    Honestly, I saw it, but I think it's not a problem. A foot can strech like this during a run.

On PC On Phone
    My PSA thread below.

Learning sucks, yeah, but it's from learning that you can eventually create masterpieces.

ABloodyCanadian
    Ellipsis Abuser…
    Heroic Kitten

Background processes...

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #836 on: July 10, 2014, 01:06:17 AM »

So, I still have 2 Unused Actions, and 9 Unused SubActions for Specials. Meaning I am able to add more to her current Moveset if I wanted to... lol... I do intend on using these unused spaces, but the question is how will I go about doing it...

JamietheAuraUser
    Extreme Kitten

Deadly Flower

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #837 on: July 10, 2014, 02:21:35 AM »

Honestly, I saw it, but I think it's not a problem. A foot can strech like this during a run.
    The bigger issue there is that this means the run animation is uneven. And not just that it's uneven, but that it's uneven in a really weird way.

On the subject of GSS feedback overall: It's an awesome PSA. That movement speed glitch when firing a Super Scope/firing a Ray Gun/holding a Cracker Launcher ought to be fixed, however.

DThrow > short hop > DAir > DSmash > NB is a really good combo, as you mentioned. It also works with FSmash instead of DSmash > NB, and in fact does more damage that way. But FSmash is a really good kill move when using pistols, so I tend to want to keep it fresh.

Dash Attack > SideB + extension > UpB + extension is a nice, fairly safe damage-building chain. She moves a lot during it, which makes it hard for the foe to pin her down, and she has intangibility at two different points in the chain, along with a really low stance during the dash attack. I say "chain" because it's not a true combo, of course.

Her crawl seems really good. I know it's just the same as ZSS's crawl, but somehow it works wonders for GSS's playstyle. Just being able to shrink your hurtbox way down helps GSS sneak through projectile camping tactics that can really irritate her. And then when you get close enough, either use Up Special or go for SideB into Dash Attack, then the attack string listed in the above paragraph.

Aerial SideB's extension would really appreciate the ability to reverse it after the confirmation hit. It's an idea that was brought up earlier in the thread, and one I think would help that move considerably. Especially since it's easiest to land when pursuing a foe who's already been hit or who is running away, but will frequently send you to a Self-Destruct if you actually do so. Being able to reverse it, so she can flip back to the stage instead of out and away from it, would help that problem immensely.

Forward Aerial with pistols still doesn't chain its multiple hits very well, and the final hit still has nowhere near enough KB considering the current difficulty of landing it. It doesn't help that the attack takes long enough that it can't be executed with a short hop. I'd say the final hit ought to be on par with her Back Aerial in terms of KB, and/or it ought to link better overall. Whether that be through knockback adjustments or simply speeding up the move so it can be executed from a short hop doesn't matter, as either will work. It's definitely a very situational attack as is, and in most situations where you can use it there's a better option available.

Down Aerial with machine guns really doesn't need the hitbox extending all the way to the tips of her feet, if you ask me. In fact, her body shouldn't have hitboxes on it at all during that move. Just on the guns and over their range to the distance it currently reaches.

On another note, many of her attacks with the machine gun behave oddly with time manipulation events. In particular, GSS's FTilt + Deadpool's DownB = Deadpool taking twice the damage he should instead of countering. I'm guessing that's due to rehit rate.

And on the subject of her attacks' range, an interesting real-life tidbit: I read somewhere that a Hollywood-style blank can still injure out to a range of two metres.
    « Last Edit: July 10, 2014, 02:59:27 AM by JamietheAuraUser » Logged

ABloodyCanadian
    Ellipsis Abuser…
    Heroic Kitten

Background processes...

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #838 on: July 10, 2014, 11:22:42 AM »

The bigger issue there is that this means the run animation is uneven. And not just that it's uneven, but that it's uneven in a really weird way.

On the subject of the running animation, I went frame by frame with it, and I didn't see any stretching of the feet. So I'm hoping that the preview is giving us a false interpretation...

DThrow > short hop > DAir > DSmash > NB is a really good combo, as you mentioned. It also works with FSmash instead of DSmash > NB, and in fact does more damage that way. But FSmash is a really good kill move when using pistols, so I tend to want to keep it fresh.

I plan to make it so the Down Throw can't lead to long combos too much. But I still want the Down Throw to do what it does. But I want to eliminate the Long Combo Potential.

Aerial SideB's extension would really appreciate the ability to reverse it after the confirmation hit. It's an idea that was brought up earlier in the thread, and one I think would help that move considerably. Especially since it's easiest to land when pursuing a foe who's already been hit or who is running away, but will frequently send you to a Self-Destruct if you actually do so. Being able to reverse it, so she can flip back to the stage instead of out and away from it, would help that problem immensely.

That isn't a Bad Suggestion. Gives me a reason to use another SubAction.

Down Aerial with machine guns really doesn't need the hitbox extending all the way to the tips of her feet, if you ask me. In fact, her body shouldn't have hitboxes on it at all during that move. Just on the guns and over their range to the distance it currently reaches.

I was unaware that the hitbox of the Down Air Extends to her feet. I'd say it extends to her waist at most, but to her feet is kinda ridiculous... lol...

Something else I may do is send a Download Link to certain People that could try out this incomplete version of GSS. I'll be making updates on it whenever. Anybody interested may PM me or post here.
    « Last Edit: July 10, 2014, 11:26:11 AM by A Bloody Canadian » Logged

Archer(AkenoS3)
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #839 on: July 10, 2014, 07:45:56 PM »

Well, you know you can count on me for that! I'll try to get you something this morning... or this noon. Other than that, I won't be able to play until Saturday night. Maybe even until Sunday...
    « Last Edit: July 10, 2014, 07:46:49 PM by AkenoS3 » Logged

On PC On Phone
    My PSA thread below.

Pages:  1 ... 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 ... 67
    Print
    Jump to: