Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  [1] 2 3 4 ... 29
Author Topic: Peardian's custom models (Collabs wanted!) - Newest: Exor  (Read 206358 times)
Peardian
Extreme Kitten

something

• Awards Good Citizen Super Saiyan Topic Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « on: December 22, 2012, 10:28:40 PM »

So, a little over a year ago, I decided I would try and make a custom 3D model the proper way. Making blueprints, extruding and shaping polygons, plotting out UV maps, and painting all of the textures. I decided to use Brawl's style after seeing how well-done the models were, even the enemies. I decided I would try and take it a step further by actually sort-of-planning out how they would fit in Brawl. It's one thing to simply make the character or object, but how will the model be used? If it's a fighter, what attacks would it use? Would it be a background decoration? Or an item? I try to plan out as much as I can about the model.

Unfortunately, I lack any sort of knowledge when it comes to actually implementing them. Sure, I tried mimicking the bone structure used by the official characters and using the same sort of shaders, but that's as far as I can go. That's where I need help. I'm hoping there is a person (or people) here who would be willing to implement these models to the best of their abilities. I may never get to use them myself, but seeing people have fun with them and knowing that my models have made them happy is good enough for me. Also, I'm not good at posing/animations, so it would be great if someone could help out with that, too.

Please note: I do not take requests, sorry.

So, without further ado, here is a list of my models. Please note that this list will be a mixed list, with more than just playable characters. Also, all of these are downloadable on The Models Resource.

Super Mario Bros. / Yoshi series models
    Donkey Kong series models
    Kirby series models
    Pokémon series models
    Wario series models
    Sonic the Hedgehog series models
    WayForward series models

Models for Gmod & SFM: Axems, Blade, Bowyer, Kebako & Calamarite, Vivian

View these models up close on Sketchfab

1. Yaridovich
    Released: Dec. 23, 2011
    Updated: Jan. 13, 2013 (v1.1)
    Type: Fighter
    Series: Super Mario Bros.
    Game: Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars

Color Sets: Normal (R), Machine Made, Geno, Terra Cotta (G), Ice World (B), Golden

Comments: This is my first Brawl-style creation. Looking back, he's a bit basic, but it's a big step up from what I was making before. The design is a compromise between his sprite and official art, since they have different styles for his head. I updated him to add eyelids, fix the hair, and add details in general.

Functionality:  I tried planning out his play style, but didn't get very far. He would be a heavy character with longer-ranged attacks. While he would use his spear for most attacks, he would also throw in punches and kicks for close-range combat. He would also have a mid-range magic attack. I couldn't decide on what his Final Smash would be. One thought I had was Water Blast, where he'd just create a huge magical explosion of water vapor that would push everyone away and stuff. The other option was Mirage, where he would create a computer-controlled clone of himself to fight alongside him. The clone would have the same name tag (if possible) and would have a difficulty based on either the average ability of the user, the average of the CPU opponents, or just be level 7 or something.

Notes: He has a lot of unusual bones, such as for the cuffs of his glove and his mustache. Also, wind-flapping straps on his spear. This guy would need a lot of effort to be implemented. Considering Yarid's signature move is removing his head and placing it on his spear, it might make animation easier if you add duplicates of his head to his hand and spear and mask them as needed.

2. The Axem Rangers
    Released: Jun. 25, 2012

Colors Sets: (large image warning) Normal, Machine Made, Red Team (R), Green Team (G), Blue Team (B)

Comments: These guys were my second project, and certainly quiet ambitious compared to Yarid. I did a lot more planning, and figured out most of the details on how they would play. Unlike with Yaridovich, I'm still satisfied with how they turned out. Well, mostly. Coming up with a set of team colors for them was a pain. I even made a set of "official character portraits" for them (see color set image) but stopped short of making the in-battle portraits or stock icons. I also made props for them to use, such as teleportation effects and Black's bomb. Their designs are very similar to how they look in both the sprites and official art, with extra detail added in for their hands and arms. Why, yes, their ax blades are all different like that in the sprites.

Functionality: As I said, I put a lot more effort into planning out how these guys would play. I tried to make them somewhat unique as fighters while still staying within the realm of what is already possible in Brawl. The Axem Rangers would fight together as a team, very much like the Pokemon Trainer. One Axem fights at a time, and B+Down would cycle between them. They would all have a similar play style, with variations among them. In general, they would be quick and have average weight. Their fighting style is based around quick melee attacks with their axes. Red is the average one of the group, with decent attack power and no real specialties. Black is quicker than the rest, and has bombs he can lob. Pink is a bit light, but has magic that can disorient the other fighters. Green is the lightest and has the weakest physical hits, but he has powerful magic. Yellow is the heaviest and the hardest hitter. Their B+Up/Third Jump attack would be a short-range teleport that could be angled in any direction (like Zelda or Sheik). I even thought up their Final Smash! (See The Blade for more details.)

Notes: Noodle arms are a pain. I tried to set up the bones to maximize the number of bones in the arm while still using the same number as the normal fighters. Their fingers have three segments while fighter fingers normally only have two, so I figure that could be solved by modifying the model to have two of the segments be pre-bent. Also, as I mentioned, I made effects for them to use, but I didn't rig any of them. Effects include ax spin blur, ax blur trace (such as with swords), teleport blur, and a bomb for Black. All of the color-specific blurs have textures for all five color sets. All of them make use of an environment shader masked by a specular map, just like Samus.

By the way, I have a full set of trophies for these guys. The textures aren't included since they are the same as the regular models. Note that you will have to add in the EyeShadow texture on the same mesh as the eyelids (but layered under it).

3. The Blade
    Released: Oct. 14, 2012
    Type: Final Smash/Stage Prop

Breaker Beam Cannon fire!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCXBWOM3MC8" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCXBWOM3MC8</a>

Comments: This one took a lot of effort. It took me a couple of months to put it all together. I used some of the textures from the Castle Siege stage as a base and referenced others. The design has elements from the official artwork and the battlefield on which you fight the Axems, all combined with details from real castles and modern details. And yes, I also made the Breaker Beam Cannon to go with it. This was planned to merely be a prop for the Axem Rangers' Final Smash, but I guess it could easily a stage prop.

Functionality: I had two ideas for how the Axem Rangers' Final Smash would go, and I couldn't decide on which one I liked better, so I planned for both. The first idea was to have the Breaker Beam Cannon appear on the stage and have it fire the Breaker Beam sideways like the Zero Beam, but with a wider range and with the ability to turn it around instead of changing the angle. The other option (which I kinda like more) is to have the Blade ominously fly in from above as the Axem currently being used jumps to the background. It would then cut to a brief cutscene showing Axem Red activating the Breaker Beam. It would then cut back to the battle where the player could move a target reticule around to fire a giant beam. (Much like the Combo Cannon.)

Notes: Because of how many polygons the main model has, I made a pre-rendered cutout version that could be used mid-battle without much loading stress. It uses a normal map in order to dynamically be lit as if it was really in the stage, though I'm not sure if Brawl supports it. If not, I also included a version with lighting. I made a separate model of the deck with all of the hidden polygons deleted for use with the cutscene. I still included the full model in case someone wants to make a trophy or something. Note that the Breaker Beam Cannon is a separate model, so make sure not to forget it!

I made a trophy for the Breaker Beam Final Smash. Again, the model will need environment shaders, and Axem's eyes will have to have layered textures for the eye whites, eye shadow, glowing eyes, and eyelids.

4. Vivian
    Released: Dec. 2, 2012
    Updated: Jan. 24, 2013 (v1.2)
    Type: Assist Trophy
    Game: Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door

Import by Nanobuds
    Recolors by Kage Ryu

Color Sets: Normal (R), Marilyn (G), Beldam (B), Boggly

Comments: This was a bit of a change of pace for me. Not only is it the first organic character I've done so far, but also a different type of character. Since she's from Paper Mario, I had to deal with the different set of proportions, and the fact that the only time we see her is as a flat image from mostly the same angle. I'm a bit disappointed with how her mouth came out, and I might change that some later. Since Brawl likes to try and preserve the style of the various characters, I also included an alternate version of her with a thick outline to be used with the same flattening trick that Mr. Game & Watch uses. The outline isn't all that great, so I prefer the normal look.

Functionality: Unlike the previous models, I figured she would be an Assist Trophy rather than a full-fledged fighter. After all, she's not a hugely important character. The idea I came up with is that she would slink into the shadows and wait for other fighters to come near. When an opponent is near, she would then pop up and sock them with punch that sets them on fire.

Notes: I have no idea how far Assist Trophy hacking has progressed (if at all), but I figured it would be nice to try something other than a fighter. I didn't make any effects for her, since I figure she would just use general fire effects. Her model is rather high-poly and has a lot of joints, so her model should probably be simplified before used as an Assist Trophy.

5. Bowyer
    Released: Jan. 5, 2013
    Updated: Apr. 24, 2013 (v1.1)
    Type: Boss

Comments: Unlike with the other SMRPG bosses I have made so far, I designed this one to be a boss of sorts. He's about twice the size of Mario, and comes with a full set of props based on his original boss battle. Designing his new look was a bit of an interesting challenge. Bowyer is the most organic of the Smithy Gang bosses with a very little metal and a lot of hair. I decided to give him a look that combines this organic feel with cloth and metal, resulting in a sort of sewn-together monster.

Functionality: I imagined that, as a boss, Bowyer would focus on long-range attacks. The Aeros he pulls from his head could either hop around free or be fired as projectiles to dizzify the fighters. He would also have electrical field and bolt attacks to keep the player from getting close to him for too long. I even included a special color set for the controller buttons that mimic the buttons on the GameCube controller. By shooting them, Bowyer could prevent the player from either using standard attacks (A), special attacks (B), or jumping (Y). (The original idea was to lock shielding, but I realized that would be kind of dumb.) I imagine some of these ideas could probably translate into a fighter character role, though he would need a whole lot of tweaks to work right.

Notes: Since I doubt boss hacking has made much progress, Bowyer could maybe be a background prop or something. He has a bone for his string, which can be used to make it pull back when he uses an arrow attack. Since it would be annoying to animate if left in the center, I recommend keeping it positioned inside his hair when not in use.

6. Drill Bit
    Type: Prop

Comments: A very simple model. Its design came from carefully studying its art and sprites. Did you ever realize how cute it is?

Functionality: Drill Bit was mostly made just to be a background prop or something. It only has one texture and a very simple bone structure. With some effort, I guess it could be made into an enemy or something.

Notes: The intended animation for the two center spinal bones is to have them shift side to side slightly, giving an effect like the one in the original sprites.

7. Terrapin & Gu Goomba
    Type: Prop / Enemy

Import by Spex130

Comments: I made this as a prop for one of my upcoming stages. This is my first (released) Brawl model that isn't completely custom. I edited it from the game's Koopa model. Since there is relatively little substance to this creation, I decided to add in texture edits for Gu Goomba as well.

Functionality: This guy is meant to be a background prop, but since it is edited from the SSE enemy model, I suppose you could easily swap it in. The pointy shoes may clip a bit through the ground when it walks, but oh well.

Notes: I deleted the wing and collision models, so you'd have to add them back in (or just use the original skeleton) if you ported him. The Gu Goomba is only textures, so no model modification needed.

8. Treasure Box
    Released: Feb. 12, 2013

Comments: This is yet another prop for one of my upcoming stages, the Weapons Factory. Unlike Terrapin, though, this one won't be limited to the background. Most of the textures for this object are based off of textures from Brawl stages. Namely, Rumble Falls for the wood and Frigate Orpheon for the metal.

Functionality: Once hacking becomes advanced enough, I'd like to see this implemented as an interactive object that animates just like the original. Of course, that could be years, if ever.

Notes: The model is rigged in such a way that it can either have the lid pop off or open from one side. If you want the question mark to disappear altogether, though, you'll have to do some extra work.

9. Bowser's Keep
    Released: Apr. 12, 2013
    Type: Stage

Import by DSX8 and I

Comments: While this isn't the first stage idea I've started on, this is the first one I have completed. It is inspired by the fight at the beginning of the game, with Mario facing off against Bowser high atop the chandeliers. While the battle starts out near the floor, this quickly changes as the platforms raise higher and higher. The battle continues on for a bit before the chandeliers suddenly drop, only to be caught seconds before smashing into the ground. The background design is meant to be a mix of the elements seen throughout the castle, with an arcade and Terrapin statues filling out what would otherwise be a boring room. Even though the battle takes place in the center of the room, I made sure to model out the ends as well, including the Bowser statue. I even through in a few modern touches, with the Bowser emblem and statue being from Super Mario Galaxy.

Functionality: Unlike my other stage idea, this one could be mostly implemented with current hacking technology. The size of the platforms is roughly based off of the Norfair stage, with each chandelier being as wide as the center platform, and the gap between them being about the same as the gap in the middle row of platforms. Once hacking is able to change things like objects, a wind effect could be placed in during the falling sequence.

Notes: Due to technical limitations, some compromises in the vision of the stage had to be made.

10. Mack
    Released: Apr. 16, 2013

Import by Nanobuds and Spex130

Comments: I was originally going to just make this guy as a quick background prop, but the more I tried to figure out how to design him, the more it built up in my mind. As a result, this is probably my finest redesign of a SMRPG boss to date. Since I was having trouble figuring out how to interpret his sprites and artwork, I decided to try the technique Sakurai mentioned for when they had to redesign Pit. Namely, I imagined what it would have been like if Mack had shown up in more games. The idea behind the design I came up with is that Mack is not just a sword, and he is not just the demon "riding" the sword, nor is he two separate entities stuck together. The whole thing is Mack, and the "demon rider" appearance is to throw off opponents and trick them into attacking a decoy and staying away from his main body.

Functionality: He would have a range of fire attacks and various stomping attacks, like the kind Galleom uses. He is very springy, so I tried to rig the model in such a way that it would animate in a convincing way without wires becoming stretched or flattened. Like my other bosses, I made a Machine Made color set for a possible rematch.

Notes: No, his name is not Mack the Knife.

11. Oktavia von Seckendorff's Barrier
    Released: Apr. 29, 2013
    Type: Stage Background
    Series: Puella Magi Madoka Magica

Download the Model

Comments: I made this a while ago, with no intention on bringing it to Brawl, but I figured some people would enjoy it, so here it is. As such, it is meant to be closer to the anime's art style than anything.

Functionality: This is a complete background, and is meant to be a resource more than a complete set piece. I did flatten the chairs, as there are nearly 8000 of them. Even still, there are 32,000 polygons in them, including both hemispheres.

Notes: Since it's meant to be a resource, you're welcome to do stuff like lower the polygon count in parts, cut it in half, or modify the floor for the sake of the stage's design (such as breaking the floor into pieces).

12. Mad Mallet
    Released: Jun. 03, 2013

Comments: I actually made this back before I even started on Bowyer, but I didn't feel like releasing it until now. He is meant purely to be a background prop, and is low-poly to match. I also made textures for the recolors, Pounder and Poundette. Unlike most of the other SMRPG characters I have made, this is one whose design I never misinterpreted.

Functionality: Even though the model is fairly simple, he is rigged enough for basic animation. The model only uses a single 256x256 texture.

Notes: He is meant to be a prop for the Weapons Factory, but I'm releasing him now because it will still be a very long time before that stage is ever finished. As such, there is no model download yet.

13. Kebako & Calamarites
    Released: Jul. 01, 2013
    Series: WayForward Games
    Game: Cat Girl Without Salad

Import by Spex130

Color sets: Normal, Shantae (R), Patty (B), Madoka

Comments: What is this!? Well, when I saw WayForward's joke for April Fools' Day this year, I liked the hilariously absurd design enough that I thought I'd take a crack at it as sort of a joke. I wanted to have it done before April ended, but that didn't happen. Since it was sort of a spur-of-the-moment kind of thing, I didn't even plan out how she would fit in Brawl like I normally do. This is a very special case, so don't expect me to see any more left-field characters like this. Also, while I normally dislike the practice of cutting up parts of other models to create new ones, I used wings from Pit and Meta Knight, because I realized there would be no way for me to create more perfect angel and bat wings to use on her. Everything else is fully custom, though!

Functionality: As I said, I didn't really plan out anything for her. At first, I planned on making her on par with an Assist Trophy, but I realized the low polygon count wouldn't do the design justice. In case it helps, her proportions slightly based on Fox's. Also, I made a vector for a game logo to give her. It's a Fireworks PNG, so it still has its vector data.

Notes: No real green team color.

14. The Flying Krock
    Released: Sep. 22, 2013
    Type: Stage Prop
    Series: Donkey Kong
    Game: Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest

Comments: This is my next big stage project! Or, part of it, at least. I finished the entire model in a single day, but it took me nearly three months to finish texturing it due to me falling ill. The design is very close to the original, thanks to Rare providing a high-resolution image of it in the official Player's Guide for the game. It's difficult to see it, but recreated the [censored]pit area from the showdown with Kaptain K.Rool as a little bonus. Inside the main cargo bay, I put DK's banana hoard, as a reference to the Game Boy Advance port of the game. It also contains large crates and barrels, based on the ones seen in the stage Lockjaw's Locker.

Functionality: Like with Bowser's Keep, I started this model because I was hit with inspiration for a very clear stage idea. The stage itself will probably be my next project, unless I'm hit with inspiration for something else. The Krock's model has a fair number of moving parts, with spotlights, sirens, rotors, and tail sections all rigged for movement.

Notes: I already have a complete idea of a stage using this model. You are welcome to attempt making your own stage with it, but keep in mind that I will still proceed to work on my own idea, no matter how similar to your idea it may be.

15. Antasma
    Released: Apr. 03, 2014
    Game: Mario & Luigi: Dream Team

Color sets: Normal, Antasma X (B), Screambert (R), Cackletta (G)

Comments: My first modern Mario character model! It's also taken the longest of any of the models I've made. Part of that is due to the fact that it's essentially three different models I had to make. (At least with the Axems, I could modify Red to make the rest.) As with Kebako, I didn't really plan on how he would play as a Brawl fighter. I did, however, make sure that he would have everything he would need to recreate all of his actions from Dream Team.

Functionality: Considering how unusual his body structure is in each form, I really doubt they will fit any sort of character hack. Also, his Nightmare form's cloak gave me a lot of trouble, to the point where I ended up reducing it to the bare minimum. It's not very realistic, limits his animation capabilities, and isn't all that great, but it's the best I can come up with for the time being.

Notes: The Dark Stone and Dream Stone props are in a separate download.

16. DK Coin
    Released: Apr. 29, 2014

Comments: I felt like making a random prop model that wouldn't take more than a day or two, so I made this. Isn't it shiny?

Functionality: I didn't really put any thought to how it could be used, as I just wanted to make something. It could be a stage decoration or a platform or a trophy or something.

Notes: The download contains two versions of the textures: Brawl style and realistic. Please use the Brawl style textures if you intend on importing it, as the realistic textures will clash with Brawl's art style.

17. Brycen Jet
    Released: Jul. 30, 2014
    Series: Pokémon
    Game: Pokémon Black Version 2 / White Version 2

Comments: Heard of it before? No? Well, it's pretty obscure. It's one of the later movie props from PokéStar Studios. It's the personal vehicle of the masked villain Brycen-Man, and the cannon it has can power up Pokémon (or people) using the dark jewel that powers it. Of course, you could easily swap out the crystal for another power source.

Functionality: Since the jet originated as a movie prop, I figured its best use would be as a movie prop. That's why I made the textures at twice the normal resolution so that it can be used in cut-scenes without looking too bad during closeups. All of the jet's movable parts (wings, flaps, pistons, shutters) are rigged. Also, the glass over the [censored]pit can be opened by translating the texture downward. Just make sure you move both parts of the glass and that the textures are clamped.

Notes: I included IK targets in the bone structure in case you want to go the extra mile and animate the pistons when the wings fold.

18. Butter Building Deluxe
    Released: Sep. 6, 2014
    Series: Kirby
    Game: Kirby Fighters Deluxe

Comments: As soon as the game was revealed, I knew I had to try and recreate the newly-added arena based on Kirby's Adventure. The stage mainly used graphics from the original game, though I had to recreate the new parts. Since they have such a fixed camera angle in the game, I had to use my best guess on certain features, such as the extended tower above and below. I made the main model in a single sitting, and the sky box in the next. This is certainly not my usual fare as far as custom models go, but I couldn't resist.

Functionality: Since this is mainly just a recreation, no thought or effort has gone into making this stage ready for Brawl. I included two versions of the tower model: one with shading and one without. For the one with shading, a texture movement animation could be used to imitate the tower rotating, though the columns and windows would have to rotate normally.

Notes: I included sprites for the various characters that show up on the stage, but made no models for them. Also, you may need to make the skybox model wider to compensate for the camera having a narrower field of view.

19. Orb User
    Released: Sep. 26, 2014
    Type: Enemy

Comments: Orb User is one of my favorite enemies in SMRPG, so I had to make it. This is actually a remake of an old model I made which used a lot of primitives and intersecting parts. I made three variations of its design to imitate a hypothetical evolution from the original sprite to Super Mario Galaxy to Subspace Emissary enemy.

Functionality: Being a living staff, there's not much for Orb User to do. That said, I rigged it to be able to extend and have the orb bob up and down. The Subspace design also can have its head sections separate to reveal a bright glowing light. All three designs are available in all three colors.

Notes: All of the textures are at least twice as large as what Brawl would normally have. Also, I made the orb in full 3D, but it should always face the camera or the texture will look weird. You're welcome to replace the orb with a flat disc if you want to save on polygons.

20. Super Carrot
    Released: Nov. 11, 2014
    Type: Item / Prop / Trophy
    Game: Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins

Comments: It's the obscure power-up from Super Mario Land 2 that turns Mario into Bunny Mario! I was in a creative mood over the weekend and wanted something quick to model, and this was the result. The item has been redesigned to fit in with the other power-ups from Super Mario 3D World.

Functionality: The amount of detail in this model means that it would only really be suitable for either a trophy or the centerpiece of a stage.

Notes: Also includes cartoony versions of the textures for use outside of Brawl.

21. Superstar Saga Blocks
    Released: Nov. 30, 2014
    Type: Prop / Trophy
    Game: Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga

Comments: These are all of the blocks that appear in Superstar Saga. Like with the Super Carrot, the design was slightly tweaked to fit the style of modern Mario games.

Functionality: The amount of detail in these models means that they would only really be suitable for either a trophy or the centerpiece of a stage.

Notes: Also includes cartoony versions of the textures for use outside of Brawl.

22. Heavy Mole
    Released: May 3, 2015
    Game: Kirby's Adventure

Comments: Heavy Mole is one of my favorite Kirby bosses, so I had a lot of fun making this model. Even though I prefer the original NES game to the GBA version in many ways, I based much of the design on the sprites and artwork from Nightmare in Dream Land due to the artwork being more detailed and more mechanically feasible. I had to get creative with the underside, since Heavy Mole has only ever been seen from the top or at a high angle.

Functionality: This thing is complicated to animate, especially the teeth.

Notes: Once again, all of the textures are larger than what would be recommended for Brawl. Includes a "DX" version of the model based on Kirby Triple Deluxe. Also includes Dygclops and spin effect.

23. Heart Drive
    Released: Jul. 20, 2015
    Type: Item
    Series: WayForward Games
    Game: Mighty Switch Force!

Comments: I really like the MSF games, and I wanted to make something simple and quick, so here it is. The design incorporates details from the games and real life floppy disks. The "sticker" on front is actually a lit screen.

Functionality: I figure it could be an item, like a replacement for the Heart Container or something. I made a very low-poly version for that purpose.

Notes: I didn't bother with bones. Note that the item tilts about 10 degrees to the left in MSF, but I left the model at a right angle.

24. Metal-head Donkey Kong
    Released: Sep. 28, 2015
    Type: Fighter (DK)
    Game: Donkey Kong Country (TV Series)

Import by DSX8

Comments: I was bored.

Functionality: The model was built over DK's skeleton and does not modify it in any way.

Notes: sorry, not sorry

25. Crocodile Isle
    Released: Jan. 1, 2016
    Type: Stage Background

Comments: Two years of work! This island has a lot of small details on it that reference the original game, including pathways and landmarks. A lot of the textures were taken from Subspace Emissary to help it fit Brawl's style.

Functionality: The level of detail on the island means that it can serve as a good background both up close and far away. However, most of the trees are flat planes, so it does not look good from high angles.

Notes: Needs vertex-based transparency for things like the swamp, fog, and waves.

26. One-Way Wall
    Released: Jan. 29, 2016
    Game: Super Mario Maker

Comments: One of the few brand-new gadgets introduced in Super Mario Maker. If you've ever wanted to have one in a Mario-themed stage, now you can!

Functionality: It has about 1500 polygons, which means you may have to make your own lower-poly version if you want to use it in a stage. Otherwise, it could make a good trophy. The scrolling arrow mesh is designed in such a way that you can use vertex shading to darken the arrows as they scroll under the roller.

Notes: Also made PBR textures for it, though I don't recommend using them for Brawl.

27. Mokura
    Released: Apr. 3, 2016

Comments: It's a poison cloud monster. There's not much to it.

Functionality: The model is based off of Spaak, the cloud enemy in SSE. All of the bones are intact, so you should be able to import it easily.

Notes: I don't know if the closed mouth is used but I made a texture for it anyway.

28. Octolot
    Released: Apr. 17, 2016

Comments: Another one of my favorite SMRPG enemies. This  strange octopus mage uses powerful elemental magic in addition to blobs of ink. The coloring is somewhat inspired by the Octolings of Splatoon.

Functionality: The mouth has more polygons than usual because it is meant to stretch a great deal. The model overall has about as many polygons as some fighters, but its unusual body structure prevents it from being useful for anything other than props.

Notes: The model also has two little mouths in each staff's shell, which should normally be shrunk down and hidden inside.

29. Frog Switch
    Released: May 28, 2016
    Series: Wario
    Game: Wario Land 4

Comments: My first Wario series model! Comes with Frog Blocks, too.

Functionality: If stage hacking were more advanced, this thing could be used as an interactive stage element. Otherwise, it's probably only good as a background decoration.

Notes: The block's off state looks rather busy. If you want it to look cleaner, or you just want to save polygons, you can hide/remove the "inside" mesh.

30. Jewel Piece Box
    Released: Jun. 5, 2016

Comments: Another WL4 model. I tried to keep this one low-poly. More than half of the polygons are in the mask on the front. For the jewels themselves, I made all of the colors used by the game, including the two different colors for Golden Passage.

Functionality: It's a box that can open. Ideally, it would be great for dispensing items in a stage, but it could also serve as a solid object or background decoration.

Notes: The jewel is not rigged, and its axis center is the center of the completed gem, not the individual piece, which means you will have to re-center the model if you want to use the piece individually for something.

31. Kremkoin
    Released: Aug. 1, 2016

Comments: It's another collectible coin from DKC2, this time with K. Rool's face on it. There are two designs, and even a blank one for anyone who wants to get creative with the design.

Functionality: There's not much to it. Maybe it could be used as a background decoration or something. The high-poly models are around 3700-4000 polygons each, while the low-poly version is around 300-400.

Notes: I made a cheap normal map for the low-poly versions to use. Even if you can't use it directly, you could use it add shading to the otherwise-flat textures.

32. Apolo
    Released: Sep. 4, 2016
    Game: Kirby's Dream Land 3

Comments: These little guys spin around trees and pillars all day. I imagine that, in Subspace Emissary, these guys would serve as bonuses for players to gain small health boosts in out-of-the-way areas.

Functionality: I know custom enemy hacking isn't really a thing, so these guys could serve as a background decoration in a Kirby-themed forest stage.

Notes: As usual, I made the textures larger than necessary.

33. HB-002 & HB-007
    Released: Sep. 13, 2016
    Game: Kirby's Dream Land 3

Comments: These blocky guys are just about the only friendly characters in KDL3 worth modeling that aren't cameos. I figure they could hang out in the background of a Kirby-themed stage. I recreated all of their faces from the game, including the angry ones.

Functionality: Their rigging and textures aren't good enough for a fighter, but they are good enough for simple idle animations.

Notes: As usual, I made the textures larger than necessary.

34. Transformer
    Released: Oct. 16, 2016
    Game: Kirby's Dream Course

Comments: This enemy gives Kirby a random ability, and is the only single enemy to do so in the entire Kirby series. Because it is also the only original enemy in Dream Course, I knew I had to make a model of it. I imagine that it would grant random effects, like Metal or Spicy, when defeated in Subspace Emissary.

Functionality: Since enemy hacking isn't possible yet, it would make a nice decoration for a Dream Course stage.

Notes: There are two different ways to animate the slot drum: rotating the bone, or using texture transformation animation. For those that want a challenge, use the "shade" texture as one layer, then multiply the "multiply" texture over it as another layer, and then only animate the multiply layer. This will give the model Brawl-like shading while also having rotating question marks.

35. Keyzer
    Released: Nov. 10, 2016

Comments: I just had to make this cute little guy after making the other WL4 models. He's meant to be a background decoration, which is why he is rather low-poly.

Functionality: He has a good amount of face bones and layered eyes.

Notes: The mouth has a backside in case you want to make the ghost body transparent.

36. Time Gear
    Released: Jan. 21, 2017
    Type: Item / Prop
    Game: Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time / Explorers of Darkness

Comments: I know I'm not the first person to make a model of this thing, but I like the design and it is simple enough. After making it, I realized it could make a good replacement for the Timer.

Functionality: I made a low-poly version that should hopefully be small enough to work as an item.

Notes: The models are not rigged and are not to any particular scale.

37. Barney Bubble
    Released: Mar. 20, 2017
    Series: Yoshi
    Game: Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island

Comments: This is one of my favorite enemies from any Yoshi game. The design isn't all that unique, but I couldn't leave him as one of the few Yoshi's Island enemies that haven't received a 3D model.

Functionality: With only about 900 polygons, he could make for a good background decoration.

Notes: The eyes are rigged separately from the body so that they can be moved to the side of the face to resemble the sprite.

38. Flying Palace
    Released: Jul. 8, 2017
    Game: Pokémon the Movie 2000: The Power of One

Comments: This is a recreation of the airship from the second Pokémon movie. A few of the textures are from Mario Kart 8. Only the exterior is modeled.

Functionality: There propellers and and cannon tower are all fully rigged. The propellers are separate models to keep things simple.

Notes: The only difference between the versions of the main model are the red bars. The mid- and high-poly versions have way too many polygons for Brawl.

39. Vibe Scepter
    Released: Jul. 18, 2017
    Game: Super Princess Peach

Comments: A magical artifact that controls emotions. I imagine it would be a good fit for an item in Smash Bros., where it remotely inflicts status conditions on opponents. The four Vibes would correspond to spicy, sleep+heal, low gravity, and high speed.

Functionality: The model is just the right size for an item, though the polygons might need to be optimized a bit.

Notes: There are more faces on the rod than there is space for faces, which means UV animations would be needed to show them all.

40. Pinwheel
    Released: Aug. 20, 2017

Comments: This floating stone enemy can blow fighters away with strong gusts of wind.

Functionality: It has two faces that it can swap between. Other than that, the only animation it is capable of is spinning its blades. At the very least, it would make for a nice decoration in a stage based on SMRPG.

Notes: There are two alternate texture sets based on unused sprite palettes in the game.

41. Big Shaker
    Released: Sep. 10, 2017
    Series: Sonic the Hedgehog
    Game: Sonic the Hedgehog 3

Comments: My first Sonic series custom! The design incorporates elements from Colors and Mania.

Functionality: The only thing this model can do is spin its two pairs of rockets. Otherwise, it could be a decoration for a stage or even a stage hazard.

Notes: The mesh is designed in a way that it would be easy to convert it into the Sonic Mania boss, Laundro Mobile. There is also an alternate texture that uses Mania's colors.

42. Chikako (Glitter)
    Released: Sep. 26, 2017
    Game: Super Mario Land

Comments: An obscure enemy from Super Mario Land that most people probably didn't realize was an actual character. The design is based entirely on the official artwork, since the sprite is so tiny. I made several different color and face variations.

Functionality: It doesn't really have any moving parts, other than a face. It could probably serve as a replacement for Jyk or Glunder, or it could be a background prop or stage hazard.

Notes: Electric effects not included.

43. Hurlhammer, Slaphammer, KO Hammer
    Released: Dec. 11, 2017
    Game: Paper Mario: Sticker Star, Paper Mario: Color Splash

Comments: Three of the unique hammer designs from the newest Paper Mario games.

Functionality: These could be used to create custom new items, or they could be used to simply replace the regular Hammer item model.

Notes: Separate head models not included.

44. Yux & Barribad
    Released: Feb. 5, 2018
    Game: Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door, Super Paper Mario

Comments: Shield-generating enemies that fire laser rings. The shields they produce are much stronger than regular fighters' shields.

Functionality: They could be used as a background prop. Attack and shield effects are included.

Notes: Their shield effect is mostly a copy of the standard fighter shield, including textures.

45. Geno
    Released: Apr. 1, 2018

Comments: Surprise! It's a Smash 64 version of everyone's favorite possessed doll.

Functionality: Each arm has a hidden cannon and laser beam inside the forearm. The bone proportions are somewhere between Smash 64 Mario and Brawl Mario.

Notes: This was an April Fool's Day joke, but the model is real.

46. Phanto
    Released: May 25, 2018
    Type: Enemy / Assist Trophy
    Game: Super Mario Bros. 2

Comments: A spooky mask that chases down anyone that touches its stuff. Comes in four different versions, including the golden version seen in Super Mario All-Stars and Super Mario Advance, but I consider the one you see here to be the "definitive" version.

Functionality: It's basically just a mask. I added a bunch of extra textures, so this mask can either be separate, worn by a character, or used as a background prop. A transparency texture allows the eye and mouth of the mask to be see-through. Could be used in Smash 4 as a Blue Shell replacement.

Notes: Included a "curse" marking that can be used as an effect of some kind.
    « Last Edit: April 10, 2020, 11:20:10 PM by Peardian » Logged

Click for my stuff:

Soneek
    Extreme Kitten

BRSTMizer/Model Importer

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Famous Hacker Favorite'd Hyperactive Contributor

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #1 on: December 23, 2012, 12:19:13 AM »

I have about a month before I'm buried by work again, so I'll help out. These look pretty awesome!

DSX8
    Stage/Character Importer
    Never Gonna Give You Up

meow~

• Awards Good Citizen >9000 King for a Day Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: December 23, 2012, 12:29:18 AM »

i actually wouldnt mind making a brawl stage out of that "The Blade" ship o.o

Follow me on facebook and Twitter!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/DMNSLYRX8              https://twitter.com/Demonslayerx8

3DS Friend Code: 0705-6436-8834              NNID: Demonslayerx8              PSN: Demonslayerx8

Soneek
    Extreme Kitten

BRSTMizer/Model Importer

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Famous Hacker Favorite'd Hyperactive Contributor

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2012, 12:31:26 AM »

I'll try Axem Ranger Red over Mario. These models are superb. O.O

Pik
    Holy Kitten

i like the way you die boi

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Starstormer Former PMDT

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: December 23, 2012, 01:14:12 AM »

Oh yeah dude, I've seen your stuff on tSR. Pretty good models.

[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]

Velen
    Resident Lucario
    Boss Kitten

Insert totally self gratifying [censored] here. ; )

• Awards Famous Hacker Sniper Heart Container Ceiling Cat

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: December 23, 2012, 08:47:31 AM »

Actually. Vivian was one of the partners in Paper Mario: TTYD. She could be a full-fledged fighter. Only problem would be how to make it so her "tail" stays on the ground.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

StarWaffle
    Pretty much Wafflu
    srs kitten

Pretty much amazing

• Awards Star Hacker Featured Good Citizen Renowned Hacker

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2012, 09:07:43 AM »

Actually. Vivian was one of the partners in Paper Mario: TTYD. She could be a full-fledged fighter. Only problem would be how to make it so her "tail" stays on the ground.
    Being one of 7 available partners in 1 out of 4 paper mario titles warrants her a spot as a fighter?

Velen
    Resident Lucario
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7 on: December 23, 2012, 09:13:34 AM »

Being one of 7 available partners in 1 out of 4 paper mario titles warrants her a spot as a fighter?

Each of the available partners in TTYD each had an important part of the plot allotted to them in some way, with the exception of Ms.Mowz. They were basically secondary main characters.

-but does it really matter? It's simply my opinion and he doesn't have to change a thing. So why question it?
    « Last Edit: December 23, 2012, 09:14:46 AM by Velen » Logged

Peardian
    Extreme Kitten

something

• Awards Good Citizen Super Saiyan Topic Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8 on: December 23, 2012, 10:04:52 AM »

I'm well aware of Vivian's role in the game. Tongue

Anyway, I've posted the trophies for the Axems. If anything, they could be good practice for setting up the shaders used by the fighter versions.

Edit: Added a trophy for the Breaker Beam too.
    « Last Edit: December 23, 2012, 10:58:22 AM by Peardian » Logged

Click for my stuff:

ToadKart
    Hyper Kitten

• Awards Ceiling Cat

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #9 on: December 23, 2012, 03:06:26 PM »

Awesome work! SMRPG is one of my favorite games. Smiley

SJS
    Clastic Sandtastic
    Brawl Vault Staff

• Awards The Gentlepin Hyperactive Contributor >9000 Hey! Listen!

« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2012, 09:56:14 PM »

Amazing models. If these aren't put into Brawl, I think I might die a little on the inside.

Look at my CSPs. While you're at it, come and help fix some broken hacks.. Don't stop! Check out LSTeam's cBliss recolor project.

Velen
    Resident Lucario
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #11 on: December 23, 2012, 10:02:22 PM »

Amazing models. If these aren't put into Brawl, I think I might die a little on the inside.

I know right?

✿Zelia✿
    ✿Lady of Ballads✿
    Angel Kitten

"My Heart is Singing!"

• Awards Heart Container Ceiling Cat Fiery Topic KCMM Veteran

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #12 on: December 24, 2012, 12:33:25 AM »

Damn. That's one nice looking Vivian. Im srs here

✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿

Hero ©
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Hot Topic PC Core Gamer Pin Collector 128-bit Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #13 on: December 24, 2012, 12:38:51 AM »

Cool, you made a models thread!

I really want someone to take your custom "The Blade" ship and make it into a stage.

Other than that, great custom models you have made.

Pik
    Holy Kitten

i like the way you die boi

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Starstormer Former PMDT

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #14 on: December 24, 2012, 02:48:10 AM »

By the way, what kind of Collaborator are you looking for?

[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]

Pages:  [1] 2 3 4 ... 29
    Print
    Jump to: