Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 29
Author Topic: Peardian's custom models (Collabs wanted!) - Newest: Exor  (Read 206341 times)
Peardian
Extreme Kitten

something

• Awards Good Citizen Super Saiyan Topic Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #15 on: December 24, 2012, 11:50:30 AM »

By the way, what kind of Collaborator are you looking for?
    I'm not really sure, exactly. I guess I'm looking for someone(s?) who is competent enough with model importing and shader creation to bring the model into the game in a way that preserves their design (and not ending up like the Axem Green currently on the site.)

It would be amazing to see the models implemented with the full move sets I originally planned and character animations that fit them, but I know very well the humongous amount of effort that would require. Considering I'm just a random guy that likes to make models, there's no way I could expect anybody to go through all that trouble just because I put the ideas out. What I want most is for people to enjoy my models and enjoy using them, both in how they look and in how they are implemented.

I'll also need people to help playtest the stage I am planning, since I can't really make the stage model itself unless I know the layout is good.

Click for my stuff:

Puraidou
    The one and only
    Social Kitten

• Awards Hey! Listen! PC Core Gamer Heart Container 128-bit Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #16 on: December 24, 2012, 05:53:53 PM »

Holy [censored], these models are in crazy quality.. Someone really needs to put these in, cause it's be a huge waste if they aren't..

Ninka_kiwi
    Holy Kitten

Burn my Dread

• Awards 16-bit Core Gamer Super Saiyan Topic Starstormer Pin Collector

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #17 on: December 24, 2012, 06:14:40 PM »

The models look pretty awesome man!

As for them becoming full playable characters, I'd suggest making more important or iconic characters I guess... I dunno bout you, but I really don't see a random boss from Super Mario RPG as a character compelling enough for a full moveset and what not. The models themselves though are really awesome, and I can't wait to see how they get implemented, even if they just end up as costume imports.

Keep on doing your thing man, and I can't wait to see what else you got in store!

Peardian
    Extreme Kitten

something

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #18 on: December 24, 2012, 09:45:18 PM »

As for them becoming full playable characters, I'd suggest making more important or iconic characters I guess... I dunno bout you, but I really don't see a random boss from Super Mario RPG as a character compelling enough for a full moveset and what not.
    Don't worry, that's why I try to put a lot of thought into the characters. Part of the reason I picked Yaridovich and the Axem Rangers is exactly because they're a bit obscure. Everyone always tries to make Geno, because he's pretty much the main character everyone thinks of. Ignoring the fact they're one-time bosses, they're probably the most capable fighters in the game. (Just watch the boss battle with the Axems again.) I only designed them to be fighters because I knew they could fit the role. This is why I only designed Vivian to be an Assist Trophy. In spite of the fact that she's probably more well-known, I knew she wouldn't have the capability to be a full-fledged fighter.

Click for my stuff:

Haseyo
    K-Pop Connoisseur
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Heart Container 128-bit Pro Gamer 64-bit Hardcore Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #19 on: December 25, 2012, 12:22:06 AM »

The Blade looks like it would make an epic stage.

SonicBrawler
    Magical Girl
    Overlord Kitten

Bae

• Awards Star Hacker Renowned Hacker Active Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #20 on: December 29, 2012, 09:23:28 AM »

Send me Vivian? I would LOVE to rig her. I have an idea on how to get her tail foot leg thingy to stay to the stage

Quotes:
    Not all people have the luxury of being able to buy things whenever they want.

Some people are barely scraping by in the economy.
    Modding has made you guys so spoiled.

Peardian
    Extreme Kitten

something

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #21 on: December 29, 2012, 03:22:11 PM »

The dowload links for all of the models are in the first post, near the top.

I figure Brawl has some kind of IK system (for things like Samus grappling to ledges) so I figure Vivian would use something similar.

Click for my stuff:

nanobuds
    Overlord Kitten

• Awards Former PMDT Sniper Diamond in the Rough >9000

« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2012, 04:54:41 PM »

Can I import Vivian? Cheesy

I would put her over a playable character though, not an assist trophy.

Importing allows us to put the models over the bones of existing characters. Who do you think she would look best on?

StupidMarioFan1
    Angel Kitten

Not as active as I used to be.

• Awards Star Hacker RAGE!! Super Saiyan Topic >9000

« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2013, 12:45:07 PM »

I would say to rig Vivian's tail-thingy to either the TopN or TransN but it still wouldn't be stuck to the ground while she jumps. Tongue
    @Nano I'm not sure who she should be over, but maybe Ani could make a custom bone set for her and then rig her to that and use her in the Paper Mario moveset. AWESOME 2.0!

I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

Peardian
    Extreme Kitten

something

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #24 on: January 05, 2013, 08:56:44 PM »

I finished another model! Sorry to disappoint most of you, but this one isn't even close to being a good fighter. Instead, I made a boss! Of course, if boss hacking isn't possible yet, I guess he could be a background prop I guess.

Bowyer is roughly twice as tall as Mario, while Aero is a bit shorter. I also made the switch buttons he uses, because it wouldn't do him justice to leave them out.

I'll have the download link up in a day or so.
    « Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 04:36:59 PM by Peardian » Logged

Click for my stuff:

Velen
    Resident Lucario
    Boss Kitten

Insert totally self gratifying [censored] here. ; )

• Awards Famous Hacker Sniper Heart Container Ceiling Cat

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #25 on: January 06, 2013, 09:43:30 AM »

Really, really, wonderful Peardian. This is a very nice surprise.

-but let me tell you something, good sir. With how creative some people are around here. I think you should refrain from labeling your models as being for specific purposes.

You might end up eating your words. XD

Just saying.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

Segtendo
    Local Marie Fanboy
    Special Access

Cold queen

• Awards Starstormer PC Core Gamer 128-bit Core Gamer Super Saiyan Topic

« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2013, 01:50:04 PM »

Dat Bowyer.

: SW-2632-7270-6724

DJ Lowgey
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #27 on: January 06, 2013, 05:53:53 PM »

WFT why i dont know you before?
    That models are amazing!
    Are you a "Pro-Modeler"??

Peardian
    Extreme Kitten

something

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #28 on: January 06, 2013, 05:58:14 PM »

Nah, I only just started (properly) making models a little over a year ago. I mean, sure, I've been messing around with models for about five, but I never made anything more than some stuff made of spheres and cubes.

Anyway, I don't know if Nanobuds will be happy or unhappy, but I just updated Vivian. Specifically, I increased the polygon count in her torso, and doubled (quadrupled) the polygons in her hair. Since that's a lot of polygons, the higher-poly version is available as a separate model.

In fact, the update was only a few minutes ago, so the server may not have updated to provide the correct model yet. You'll know you have the right zip if there are two .DAEs inside.
    « Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 06:00:40 PM by Peardian » Logged

Click for my stuff:

StupidMarioFan1
    Angel Kitten

Not as active as I used to be.

• Awards Star Hacker RAGE!! Super Saiyan Topic >9000

« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2013, 06:01:34 PM »

I know that Boss hacking is possible, but I'm not completely sure about giving Bosses custom attacks, their models and textures are editable just like everyone else.

I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

Pages:  1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 29
    Print
    Jump to: