Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 29
Author Topic: Peardian's custom models (Collabs wanted!) - Newest: Exor  (Read 206369 times)
Bad Box Art Mega Man
Keeper of the Gaming Universe
Holy Kitten

What you call hacks, I call DLC.

• Awards Featured Pin Collector Heart Container PC Pro Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #240 on: November 19, 2013, 02:25:31 PM »

fine by me. im in no rush ter download

Switch FC: SW-4190-2933-4524

Peardian
    Extreme Kitten

something

• Awards Good Citizen Super Saiyan Topic Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #241 on: November 19, 2013, 04:22:31 PM »

actually, i think heavy lag should always be taken care of, specially in a stage.
    havent looked at it yet, but i bet you guys are so perfectionists you even kept models that aren't visible when fighting...
    I agree. While I want my stage to look the best it can, I know there's no point to it if it is unplayable. I only put in what would be visible from Brawl's normal, unhacked pause camera so that players would not have their immersion disturbed. That said, due to an oversight in the animation process, five floors one floor worth of unnecessary polygons were left in.
    « Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 04:37:10 PM by Peardian » Logged

Click for my stuff:

Segtendo
    Local Marie Fanboy
    Special Access

Cold queen

• Awards Starstormer PC Core Gamer 128-bit Core Gamer Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #242 on: November 19, 2013, 04:35:47 PM »

alright ppl.. i'll be deleting like about 5 floor of poly's from the giant wall model, and will be deleting some unseen objects too, so be patient for an update either tonight or tomorrow folks.
    Tankies.

: SW-2632-7270-6724

Bad Box Art Mega Man
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #243 on: November 19, 2013, 04:44:18 PM »

cool; however I have taken a liking to the Bowser's Castle stage I downloaded. i'll just get rid of the stormy Delfino Plaza stage. it's not very popular among the community I entertain (even if I do like it). I also have enough Mario stages, coming to a total of 5. i'll have to leave it that way, since I need a Mario kart stage (Twilight House), Peach's Castle (Melee), Bowser's Castle, and 2 others. if the snipped version of Bowser's Keep is a success, then I shall use that over Delfino Plaza, and finally, xxWutzMercyxx has been working on the Mario Galaxy stage replica of the one for the Wii U. if that all works out, it's goodbye Luigi's Mansion revamp.

now if we could just get a custom Crash Bandicoot stage. my mind has been buzzing on an idea for one for quite a while

Post Merge: November 19, 2013, 04:44:47 PM
    and I don't mean ripping models from the game.

ToadKart
    Hyper Kitten

• Awards Ceiling Cat

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #244 on: November 19, 2013, 05:11:12 PM »

cool; however I have taken a liking to the Bowser's Castle stage I downloaded. i'll just get rid of the stormy Delfino Plaza stage. it's not very popular among the community I entertain (even if I do like it). I also have enough Mario stages, coming to a total of 5. i'll have to leave it that way, since I need a Mario kart stage (Twilight House), Peach's Castle (Melee), Bowser's Castle, and 2 others. if the snipped version of Bowser's Keep is a success, then I shall use that over Delfino Plaza, and finally, xxWutzMercyxx has been working on the Mario Galaxy stage replica of the one for the Wii U. if that all works out, it's goodbye Luigi's Mansion revamp.

now if we could just get a custom Crash Bandicoot stage. my mind has been buzzing on an idea for one for quite a while

Post Merge: November 19, 2013, 04:44:47 PM
    and I don't mean ripping models from the game.

If you're tired of having to replace stages, this topic might be of interest to you if you haven't seen it.

http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=51912.0

It adds another folder which doubles the amount of stages you can have. With the amount of great stages that have been made this is almost necessary to use in my opinion.

Bad Box Art Mega Man
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #245 on: November 19, 2013, 05:22:33 PM »

If you're tired of having to replace stages, this topic might be of interest to you if you haven't seen it.

http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=51912.0

It adds another folder which doubles the amount of stages you can have. With the amount of great stages that have been made this is almost necessary to use in my opinion.

although this is cool... like REALLY cool, I currently run cBliss with Brawl Minus. having all of my characters, and the stages and music I currently have, takes up 2/3 to 3/4 of my SD card. I wouldn't have enough room, and I am NOT running Riivolution anytime soon. it requires more to work with when placing certain downloads.

Peardian
    Extreme Kitten

something

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #246 on: November 19, 2013, 05:53:23 PM »

Due to an oversight in my assessment of the oversight in the animation, we'll only be able to trim one floor (~2100 polygons) off of the full version. Still, we'll be able to shave over 10,000 polygons for the minimized version.

Click for my stuff:

DSX8
    Stage/Character Importer
    Never Gonna Give You Up

meow~

• Awards Good Citizen >9000 King for a Day Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #247 on: November 19, 2013, 06:55:14 PM »

the original version had 99154 poly's..
    the minimized version (which i just finished), has 86726 poly's... thats a 12.6k poly deletion..

i'll try to see if there's like anything else that could be deleted, but we'll see. at least atm 3p matches dont have to worry about lag much now unless they use high poly mods.

Follow me on facebook and Twitter!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/DMNSLYRX8              https://twitter.com/Demonslayerx8

3DS Friend Code: 0705-6436-8834              NNID: Demonslayerx8              PSN: Demonslayerx8

Bad Box Art Mega Man
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #248 on: November 19, 2013, 06:56:47 PM »

maybe some of the unseeable background? I panned the camera and saw a lot of content unseeable during gameplay.

Peardian
    Extreme Kitten

something

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #249 on: November 19, 2013, 07:12:37 PM »

There are less than 100 polygons that would be completely hidden in the skybox model. The rest of it you can see during the course of the battle if the pause camera is rotated by any (normal) amount. The whole skybox has less polygons than a single one of those Terrapin statues. We're looking at the stage right now to see what can be chopped.

Click for my stuff:

Ricky (Br3)
    KC:MM Family JesterㅤThe Last One Here
    Administrator

• Awards KCMM Storyteller Decade Staff RAGE!! Warm Welcomer

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #250 on: November 19, 2013, 07:49:08 PM »

The problem isn't so much with the stage... many imports nowadays are so high poly that they lag even in simpler stages if it's a FFA Undecided

I approve of both, keeping a complete version for the screenshot and stuffs and a new, more simplified version that allows avoiding the lag.

Either way, great stage, it has caught my eye as one of the best stages in a LONG time

ㅤlㅤ

ㅤlㅤ

Peardian
    Extreme Kitten

something

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #251 on: November 19, 2013, 08:32:35 PM »

The problem isn't so much with the stage... many imports nowadays are so high poly that they lag even in simpler stages if it's a FFA Undecided
    Yeah, but when the stage lags with non-hacked characters like something as simple as Shiek vs. Yoshi, that becomes a problem. Fortunately, we're finding enough extra polygons in the outer regions of the stage that we've been able to reduce the polycount significantly. Just... don't move the pause cam around too much. Or zoom out too much. Tongue

Click for my stuff:

DSX8
    Stage/Character Importer
    Never Gonna Give You Up

meow~

• Awards Good Citizen >9000 King for a Day Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #252 on: November 19, 2013, 09:38:25 PM »

for any1 who'd like a lagless version of the stage (or less lag), please redownload the pack!! enjoy!

note: we tried to lower the poly's as LOW as we could!

Follow me on facebook and Twitter!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/DMNSLYRX8              https://twitter.com/Demonslayerx8

3DS Friend Code: 0705-6436-8834              NNID: Demonslayerx8              PSN: Demonslayerx8

Albafika
    Anti-Christ
    Administrator

• Awards Epic Restorer Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker PC Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #253 on: November 20, 2013, 10:49:16 AM »

Oh boy. I knew it'd lag (The Stage I'm working on has a background as big as this one. Pain in the ass). Good to see it's fixed! Hopefully I get to fix it on mine, as well. :[

Anywho, I came by to praise you yet again, Peardian, for your awesome models. Great work there!
    « Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 10:51:49 AM by Albafika » Logged

kadapunny
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #254 on: December 05, 2013, 03:00:22 PM »

PLEASE make the blade a stage over the halberd! Like, I shall love you forever if you do.

Pages:  1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 29
    Print
    Jump to: