Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 [2] 3
Author Topic: SMRPG Weapons Factory WIP (Playtesters/Help wanted!) - Stage Revealed!  (Read 38810 times)
Peardian
Extreme Kitten

something

• Awards Good Citizen Super Saiyan Topic Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #15 on: January 15, 2013, 09:49:56 PM »

The stage is not a Blade stage. That was merely the sky I made for it so that it wouldn't have a solid black background. I am looking forward to seeing what you make though.

So, do you think you could play-test the stage?

Click for my stuff:

pikazz
    Heroic Kitten

Machinimator!

• Awards Renowned Hacker Pin Collector Good Citizen Helping Hand

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #16 on: January 17, 2013, 01:53:56 PM »

pretty nice "test stages", loved the placements of the objects on the last version!
    so orginial design and you have really though about the red line on the stage!

also, you wanted to add "gimmicks" like springs. Ridley have already burst your turtle but it's impossible right now... for now.

I consider myself pretty good in module hacking and me and PhantonWings are parching it piece by piece
    Module File Hacking

I added a spring to Target Test lv5 which it has not! (Lv3 has one but not the other 4). it's NOT right perfect add cause all the target tests using the same module file!

but I am pretty sure soon we will be able to add gimmicks to other stages, including hitboxes, springs and water

Stupid Tinypic :C

Mareeo 64
    Holy Kitten

Welp 0_o

• Awards Heart Container

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #17 on: January 17, 2013, 03:39:04 PM »

now that would be awesome. a classic green hill zone with spikes that come out of the ground is in our future. Tongue

Peardian
    Extreme Kitten

something

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #18 on: January 17, 2013, 03:57:51 PM »

Yeah, I don't expect the spring to actually be implemented anytime soon. That said, with the level of detail involved in a stage, there's a chance that spring hacking could be implemented by the time I finish the stage model. In the meantime, I guess a vertical moving platform could be placed in the area instead.

However, there are still other gimmicks in the stage that can be implemented, such as the moving platforms, and I would be very grateful if someone could implement them. If you do, please let me know, and I can give you all the details on animation frames and whatnot.

Click for my stuff:

pikazz
    Heroic Kitten

Machinimator!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #19 on: January 17, 2013, 04:10:21 PM »

Yeah, I don't expect the spring to actually be implemented anytime soon. That said, with the level of detail involved in a stage, there's a chance that spring hacking could be implemented by the time I finish the stage model. In the meantime, I guess a vertical moving platform could be placed in the area instead.

However, there are still other gimmicks in the stage that can be implemented, such as the moving platforms, and I would be very grateful if someone could implement them. If you do, please let me know, and I can give you all the details on animation frames and whatnot.
    The moving platforms are REALLY easy, it's just have bonetree like this

TopN
        TransN
             TheModelAttachedToBoneN

just move around the TransN in a animation file inside the same brres! also attach the collusion to the TransN bone! that will make the collusion move aswell!
    sometimes it works with the TopN but TransN is a safe card, at least for me

but if you mean the converios belt gimmick thingy (the model are still but you move along if you stand on it and fall of at the side thingy), I dont know how to do that.

Peardian
    Extreme Kitten

something

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #20 on: January 17, 2013, 05:53:46 PM »

That's very helpful of you, but I think you missed the part of my posts where I don't have to means to do it on my own, and I don't want to impose on my friend more than necessary. I don't want to come off as sounding lazy, but there's only so much I can do on my end.

By the way, does anybody know why only Sandbags seem to spawn on the stage?
    « Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 04:12:48 PM by Peardian » Logged

Click for my stuff:

pikazz
    Heroic Kitten

Machinimator!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #21 on: January 18, 2013, 06:25:15 PM »

That's very helpful of you, but I think you missed the part of my posts where I don't have to means to do it on my own, and I don't want to impose on my friend more than necessary. I don't want to come off as sounding lazy, but there's only so much I can do on my end.

By the way, does anybody know why only Sandbags seem to spawn on the stage?
    what stage are you using? I mean, do you using OnlineTraining as a base with REL port?

or do you using Final Destination?

Peardian
    Extreme Kitten

something

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #22 on: January 18, 2013, 11:19:15 PM »

Why, yes, actually, I believe DinnerSonic used the training stage as the starting point before putting it over Final Destination. Does that have something to do with it? How could he fix it? (Or would you be able to fix it for us?)

Click for my stuff:

pikazz
    Heroic Kitten

Machinimator!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #23 on: January 19, 2013, 04:23:34 AM »

Why, yes, actually, I believe DinnerSonic used the training stage as the starting point before putting it over Final Destination. Does that have something to do with it? How could he fix it? (Or would you be able to fix it for us?)
    yes, the problem is you using training stage module. inside it's module, it will load a sandbag and as soon the sandbag flying outstage, it will be a new sandbag.

there is some ways you can fix it.

first way, if you guys still want it would have online training as a base. there is a code that can change the sandbag into a dollar bill or a sticker. I haven't tried this version because I haven't seen any PAL codes.

second way, you can change inside the module file to change which item who will always get loading like a bob-omb, assist trophy or something else. but I know know how to null it however to make it not generate a item...

third way, start from scratch and do it directly in the final destination file.
    I would prefer the third way!

Peardian
    Extreme Kitten

something

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #24 on: January 19, 2013, 07:44:42 AM »

DinnerSonic said he found a way to disable the automatic item generation, and from what he's shown me, he did. But, the problem is that when an item tries to spawn the normal way, the only thing that appears is either a Sandbag or a sticker. Is there a way to fix it that doesn't involve starting over in a new stage?

Click for my stuff:

ForOhFor Error
    Holy Kitten

DOG is your destiny

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Pin Collector Starstormer Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #25 on: January 19, 2013, 09:12:30 AM »

I actually have a good stage to use as a template:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/5869687/STGTEMPLATE.pac

It goes over Final Destination.

FC: 2191-7379-6272

Peardian
    Extreme Kitten

something

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #26 on: January 19, 2013, 06:46:14 PM »

DinnerSonic is using the template now. Normal items spawn! However, he's still having trouble with editing the stage in BrawlBox. Every time he tries messing with the lights, he'll get a "unable to open file for write access" error, or the changes he made won't apply, or (worst case) the values will be shuffled around. He had the same exact problem earlier, which is why the lighting on the V1 release is pointing upwards.

Any idea on what's causing this problem? If it helps, he's using BrawlBox v0.67b.

Click for my stuff:

Peardian
    Extreme Kitten

something

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #27 on: January 23, 2013, 04:32:54 PM »

DinnerSonic decided to help me further, so the next release is out! The layout wasn't really changed at all, but the moving platforms now animate! The motion patterns aren't final, but it should give you a good sense of how things will move. Also, the spring has been turned into a moving platform to compensate for the lack of a working gimmick.

So, please try it out! If you tried out v1.0, please get the updated version and let me know what you think of the changes!

Peardian's Mario Stage Play-Test Release Version 1.1
    http://www.mediafire.com/?sq2yl4rtgokx60a

Click for my stuff:

Peardian
    Extreme Kitten

something

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #28 on: February 10, 2013, 02:43:39 PM »

Originally, I was hoping to keep the theme of the stage a secret and surprise everyone when I finished it, but it seems nobody cares about a newly created stage unless it looks pretty. So, in the interest of getting this stage properly play-tested, I'm revealing the theme of the stage: Smithy's Weapons Factory from Super Mario RPG.

This release version also reveals the primary gimmick of the stage: it starts out small, but builds up over the course of two minutes. Around the three-minute mark, the stage drops out to start over again. There will be other gimmicks to it, but those will have to wait until stage hacking advances significantly.

Weapons Factory Proto V3(Super Smash Bros Brawl stage layout test)

Weapons Factory Play-Test Release Version 3
    http://www.mediafire.com/?2gfmhoz6pla36a3

Special thanks to DinnerSonic for doing all the import work (again) and for recording the above video.

I've said it numerous times before, and I'll say it again. I want this stage to not only be fun from a visual aspect, but fun to play on. But in order for me to do this, I need help from you all, the community, to play-test the stage and give me your feedback. I'm not asking anyone to import a file or animate it for me, as that has already been done. All I'm asking is for you to download the stage, try it, and let me know what you think on the layout, the pacing of the animations, and the general feel of the stage. So please, give the stage a try and let me know what you think.

Click for my stuff:

LegacyWolf
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Heart Container Renowned Hacker Super Saiyan Topic 128-bit Hardcore Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #29 on: February 10, 2013, 03:46:49 PM »

I like it!

The only thing I can point out is the speed of the background animations. To me, it seems a bit too fast.

Pages:  1 [2] 3
    Print
    Jump to: