Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Another newb attempting to start out.  (Read 1349 times)
sona1111
Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
« on: December 22, 2012, 08:19:33 PM »

Hello community! i hope that this start up thread will only be the beginning of a potentially helpful brawl hacker.

Anyway, i am going through the usual start up blues. Yes, i have attempted to follow the noob guide above and gone through many hours of google searching and testing before i decided to post a thread asking for help.

I have a Softmodded wii with homebrew working fine, my last project was just getting Dios Mios to work from USB, which also took  me a while, but i do seem to have homebrew running well now. My problem currently is getting any mods for brawl to load at all. So far, no matter what i have tried, the end result is brawl booting up but with no changes. So let me explain what i have tried.

-first of all, my regular 8gb SDHC works fine for everything else i have used, but i heard this could be a problem so i tried another 8gb sdch as well as a 1gb standard SD through some of these steps.
-I was originally trying to load everything through the USB loader gx / cfg usb loader / neogamma (because my family only has one brawl disk to go around) But for now at least i am trying to just get it to work booting from the DVD.
-at first i was trying to get turbobears Rainbow Dash mod working, but because i am still learning the file structure, i decided to get brawl minus which has the structure already set up so i am sure i am doing it right.  so i do have everything in the "private" folder correct now.
-here is the part where i think the problem is occurring - the cheats. Basically i am using the cheat file listed in the noob guide at the top. putting it in the cheats folder on the SD, and booting from gecko os, it does say "cheats loaded", but i have a feeling that this is where the problem is, that the cheat file there is outdated, and also i do not know where to activate individual cheats in gecko, which i guess might be right in front of my nose and i am just being dumb.

let me know if i missed anything, because i most likely have.

Thank you so much!

ABloodyCanadian
Ellipsis Abuser…
Heroic Kitten

Background processes...

• Awards KCMM Veteran Super Saiyan Topic Hey! Listen! Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: December 22, 2012, 10:04:45 PM »

It's most likely your GCT file. It should have the File Patch Code version 3.5.1... though I recently stumbled on a Version 3.5.5

Try using the Code Manager to put it in a GCT File.

Also it would help to know what region you're from. PAL or NTSC? There are different versions of the file patch code to work for different regions.
    « Last Edit: December 22, 2012, 10:07:39 PM by A Bloody Canadian » Logged

sona1111
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: December 23, 2012, 10:36:08 PM »

sorry for the late reply, a bit busy today. That was the immediate problem, i don't know what was/is wrong with the code posted in the newbie topic at the top of the forum, but that newest 3.5.5 you linked works great.

Now i still have the problem with the USB loader. I would use the disk more often anyway because it loads faster (why this is i do not really understand but ok), but for the USB loader it does not work out of the box. I am using USB loader GX with ocarina ON, is their another type of loader which would work better to set this up with?

ABloodyCanadian
    Ellipsis Abuser…
    Heroic Kitten

Background processes...

• Awards KCMM Veteran Super Saiyan Topic Hey! Listen! Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: December 23, 2012, 11:44:56 PM »

The GCT file used in USB loader are placed differently. It's placed in the codes folder in the USB-Loader folder.

sona1111
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: December 25, 2012, 09:30:21 PM »

thank you very much, that solved everything i came to ask! Now onto actually modding!

on a small side note, the usb-loader folder is for CFG-USB loader, which is fine for me to use, but usbloader-GX must use something else.

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: