Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28
Author Topic: Cloud Strife Project - Cloud Strife V2.0a2 Released - 3/14 - Glitches Fixed  (Read 132952 times)
???
Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #345 on: March 14, 2010, 07:40:40 AM »

So I noticed how he has Ikes Wait Stances. Are those going to be changed into a more FFVII Fashion?

Wulfbang Meow
Fang of Scruffiness
Supreme Kitten

*Terminator Theme Music*

• Awards KCMM Awards 2011 Winner Heart Container KCMM Storyteller Dedicated Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #346 on: March 14, 2010, 10:08:00 AM »

I have a glitch to report, however reading the previous posts, im assuming you already know.

- NTSC
    - Wii, the latest one. (the one before glitchy 4.0)
    - i havent truely tested this one like i should have, but since i played with fox against him.
    - from what ive seen, everytime he goes into his collapsed animation (ie someone hits him, he falls, hits ground, then stays there in a collapsed look..) when he tries to get back up, the game still plays music, but everyone is frozen. i assume that is a soft freeze you mentioned earlier?

as for some input about the moveset, to me, it seems it doesnt blend well.. the smashes give him a sense that he is heavy like Ike, but for his up B and such, he feels soo much lighter as it happens really quickly.
    i guess after playing him with ikes moveset for so long, it made the changes seem more apparent.
    not to mention, the down b on the ground goes WAY too far, idk if this is reflectable/absorbable like a projectile, but it DEFINATELY should be, otherwize that thing is way too strong.
    and with the exception of his side smash, everything else makes it seem like his range is very limited (with the exception of fira)

just my two sense, but please do, enjoy your juice and lawn chairs XD

Canon98
    KC:MM Team
    Hyper Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Dedicated Hacker Starstormer Ninja

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #347 on: March 14, 2010, 10:20:40 AM »

I have a glitch to report, however reading the previous posts, im assuming you already know.

- NTSC
    - i havent truely tested this one like i should have, but since i played with fox against him.
    - from what ive seen, everytime he goes into his collapsed animation (ie someone hits him, he falls, hits ground, then stays there in a collapsed look..) when he tries to get back up, the game still plays music, but everyone is frozen. i assume that is a soft freeze you mentioned earlier?

-This is the 'Stand-up' Glitch, I have already fixed this and it works now.  Awesome Face

as for some input about the moveset, to me, it seems it doesnt blend well.. the smashes give him a sense that he is heavy like Ike, but for his up B and such, he feels soo much lighter as it happens really quickly.

-Wolf is considered Heavy and he has fast moves (Like side spam smash, though he does fall like a rock  Tongue )

i guess after playing him with ikes moveset for so long, it made the changes seem more apparent.
    not to mention, the down b on the ground goes WAY too far, idk if this is reflectable/absorbable like a projectile, but it DEFINATELY should be, otherwize that thing is way too strong.

-I agree with the whole absorb/reflect, though we CAN nerf it's damage and knockback. But I say keep the range.

and with the exception of his side smash, everything else makes it seem like his range is very limited (with the exception of fira)

-He's a sword character after all, so yes he will be limited to some close-range fighting.

-*Sips Juice*  Laugh

My Response is in Green

Oh Yes and let me reiterate the Fix-List

Fixes:
    Stand-up glitch
    Sleeping glitch (Peach's Final)
    Bridge of Eldin Glitch
    4 Player Cloud

^^Read that before you post any further glitches  Smiley

« Last Edit: March 14, 2010, 10:27:54 AM by Canon98 » Logged

Jack H.
    Titles cost $5,000
    Supreme Kitten

Co-Founder of KC-MM

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Renowned Hacker Starstormer Pin Collector

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #348 on: March 14, 2010, 11:20:39 AM »

- NTSC

-This is the 'Stand-up' Glitch, I have already fixed this and it works now.  Awesome Face

-Wolf is considered Heavy and he has fast moves (Like side spam smash, though he does fall like a rock  Tongue )

-I agree with the whole absorb/reflect, though we CAN nerf it's damage and knockback. But I say keep the range.

-He's a sword character after all, so yes he will be limited to some close-range fighting.

-*Sips Juice*  Laugh

My Response is in Green

Oh Yes and let me reiterate the Fix-List

Fixes:
    Stand-up glitch
    Sleeping glitch (Peach's Final)
    Bridge of Eldin Glitch
    4 Player Cloud

^^Read that before you post any further glitches  Smiley

The download is UP on the post now. Go update your Clouds, and then continue to report bugs here. Bugs from version 2.0a will be ignored from here on out. Our goal is to make sure he doesn't freeze your game. We'll talk about making him balanced after that. Wink

-Jack H.

joem3693
    Supreme Kitten

• Awards Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #349 on: March 14, 2010, 11:27:40 AM »

why does it still say 2.0a and not 2.0a2?

mnsg
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker >9000 Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #350 on: March 14, 2010, 11:48:39 AM »

I did compose a couple things to go with the Cloud moveset hack.

Portrait Edit (big & small)

CSS Edit

Match Name Edit

Thunder Ztar
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #351 on: March 14, 2010, 02:23:26 PM »

i found and issue/glitch when you get a metalbox, in your metal form cloud has a cape, heres a pic:

http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/7707/62432109.jpg

and yes, im using the newest version.

Pik
    Holy Kitten

i like the way you die boi

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Starstormer Former PMDT

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #352 on: March 14, 2010, 02:27:18 PM »

I might want to add something: He eventually freezes with Pit, Link, and Jigglypuff also. (NTSC)

« Last Edit: March 14, 2010, 02:48:20 PM by Pik » Logged

[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]

Kaye Cruiser
    Waveshocker Sigma
    Holy Kitten

• Awards KCMM Old Timer Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker >9000

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #353 on: March 14, 2010, 03:44:46 PM »

i found and issue/glitch when you get a metalbox, in your metal form cloud has a cape, heres a pic:

Not a glitch. it just happens. They can't hex those off or it'll cause problems with other characters. It doesn't hurt anything do get used to it.

And since I'm here and surprisingly no one else has said this. (Slow people ¦D)

1. Cross-Slash. Second attack lasts too long and lets enemies escape before the third hit can connect. Change the Synchronous Timer for Attack12 to either 4 frames.

2. Climhazard. ...Well it just doesn't look like it's working right. It's either the attack or the animation, but it just looks weird O_o'

3. Braver. Only a suggestion this time, but how about changing the trajectory so it's a spike? It kind makes more sense with the move, especially since it's similar to the Dissidia one. :3

And the main and most annoying thing, Finishing Touch. I'm sure you're already working on it, but I'm annoyed that no one else has pointed this out. -~-'

It's cool that he actually launches off the ground now and even goes higher into the air, thanks for that. Unfortunately, he teleports back down tot he ground if you use it grounded, and he'll teleport down and back up really fast if you use it in the air. The real problem though is that the hitboxes don't work correctly with it now. Not sure how you would fix that though.

Another tidbit of info, the hitboxes from SpecialHi2 seem to be overriding the ones for SpecialHi3. It's like no matter what changes you make to SpecialHi3, the settings for the hits in Hi2 will always be the ones to hit. Of course I can only tell this because I gave him back the Up-B animations he had from the previous version. Again, no clue how you would fix this. (Nevermind, that's not even the problem. I don't get this one at all XD;; But the enemy will always be sent up I guess.)

That's about all though. Doing a great job so far you guys. :3 And I guess sorry for taking a peek inside the moveset, but I was really curious of how some things were done. Helps me learn more, ya know? ¦D

Edit: One more thing, you've already talked about nerfing the Fire moves, but how about increasing the charge time a bit? They do kinda charge too fast with you think about it. o_o'

Edit2: Okay...There's also a glitch to where Cloud will sometimes get stuck in a loop of Climhazard's dashing animation. It rarely happens though, and I haven't a clue how it happens either. O.o
    « Last Edit: March 14, 2010, 04:15:35 PM by Wave Kusanagi » Logged

RockXero
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #354 on: March 14, 2010, 05:27:51 PM »

OK, I might as well give some feedback on the moveset. Personally, I think he's a bit overpowered. Neutral B in the air does 28 damage instantly, so that should be nerfed to, say, 15, because of combo potential. I agree with the braver spike from Wave, and the charging time. All together, just give him a little less power and knockback, and he'll be great.

Kaye Cruiser
    Waveshocker Sigma
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #355 on: March 15, 2010, 12:06:23 PM »

RockXero has the right ideas. Though don't try to balance him so much that he's underpowered and can't KO at all. Underpowered is way more annoying than overpowered. x_x

And just in case anyone wants it, and to keep this topic on the first page, I'll post Cloud's alt colors here. :3

I'll keep this one short and sweet. I made some recolors for the new Cloud release, along with CSPs, battle portraits and a new icon to go along with them. There's Red, Blue, Green, Yellow/Gold, and Black.

Here's what the icon, CSPs and portraits look like.

http://www.mediafire.com/?tiddgjkyojg

Everything is already put together for you. The only things you need to add yourself are the CSPs for the actual CSS and the icon. Rather than replacing the pictures one by one, use the MiscData[33].brres in the rar and replace the original in your common5.pac or sc_character.pac that has Ike's CSPs. (For those who don't know for whatever reason, it's in the char_tex_bust_lz77)

With the icon, just replace Ike's in MiscData[70] (No, it's not in the char_tex_bust_lz77). It'll be MenSelchrChrFace.034.

That's all, have fun. :3

Akari_Un
    Hyper Kitten

DasDonkey Team

• Awards Dedicated Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Starstormer Renowned Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #356 on: March 15, 2010, 01:44:10 PM »

that isn't an issue/glitch, the cape appear because the cape is there, just invisible, if wi remove the cape, appear the Lucario/DK/ZSS glitch, because is there

GearM6
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #357 on: March 15, 2010, 03:50:21 PM »

RockXero has the right ideas. Though don't try to balance him so much that he's underpowered and can't KO at all. Underpowered is way more annoying than overpowered. x_x

And just in case anyone wants it, and to keep this topic on the first page, I'll post Cloud's alt colors here. :3

I'll keep this one short and sweet. I made some recolors for the new Cloud release, along with CSPs, battle portraits and a new icon to go along with them. There's Red, Blue, Green, Yellow/Gold, and Black.

Here's what the icon, CSPs and portraits look like.

http://www.mediafire.com/?tiddgjkyojg

Everything is already put together for you. The only things you need to add yourself are the CSPs for the actual CSS and the icon. Rather than replacing the pictures one by one, use the MiscData[33].brres in the rar and replace the original in your common5.pac or sc_character.pac that has Ike's CSPs. (For those who don't know for whatever reason, it's in the char_tex_bust_lz77)

With the icon, just replace Ike's in MiscData[70] (No, it's not in the char_tex_bust_lz77). It'll be MenSelchrChrFace.034.

That's all, have fun. :3

Can someone just make one of these with all the stuff? For the mac people? Because really, I want Ike to be fully replaced.

Kaye Cruiser
    Waveshocker Sigma
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #358 on: March 15, 2010, 04:14:51 PM »

...What're you talking about? All the stuff is right there. O_o'

GearM6
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #359 on: March 15, 2010, 05:21:00 PM »

i mean a common5